Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 10th; *updated 12/4*
Topic Started: Nov 20 2012, 11:48 PM (53,539 Views)
AHM

Look how it got me on the BD Twitter thread. I wasn't even watching for that to happen. I suggest that if you want to express h o p e for something, that you "wish" for it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ugh, looks like we are embarking on the next annual Teapot redemption story. For the record, I really don't care if they decide to redeem Teapot - he's been a pretty half-ass villain for a long time now anyway. But if they want to redeem him, then fucking do it right! Give him an actual redemption arc, have it take time, have him truly try to atone for his sins, and don't make it because of some woman! These temporary redemptive arcs they take him on so he can get into somebody's knickers, only to have some big plan blow up in his face are killing me. Commit to the character either way, writers!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm seriously crying over here!!

This is AWESOME!!!

PS. Nick should be Crazy Eyes.

Schumi_F1

lysie
Nov 20 2012, 11:48 PM
Kate was sure to tell him that Chloe and Philip have broken up.

Does it mean Philip and Chloe were dating in Chicago, off screen?
Like the sound of this, although, have to wonder what the writers do to Philip, how badly they throw him under the bus since he's off screen. They better not do any damage to my gorgeous dimples :soapbox:
Also, don't want to see Chloe crawling back to orange glow, become pathetic, suicidal, delusional, brainless, blind, willing to kill Rose now. The old spiler "real Chloe/old Chloe" coming back to Salem be a real joke.
Edited by Schumi_F1, Dec 7 2012, 06:18 PM.

Ljay
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 7 2012, 10:10 AM
Teasers via SOD

12/10, Teapot passes on an opportunity to make Eyebrows Magoo look bad to Sami---How noble of him since hes such a good boy, lol
12/12, Friends and Mothers invites Hairboy to join the family for the holidays---Chad Crybaby Horton be the next one she lassos in the sack.
12/14, Eyebrows Magoo questions Crybaby Horton about Kim Kardashian’s near abortion.---Just let it go Eyebrows Magoo...get a life...

I don't remember writing any of this, lol I think Ive watched this show so long delusional.
Edited by Ljay, Dec 7 2012, 06:35 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 7 2012, 01:52 PM
Ugh, looks like we are embarking on the next annual Teapot redemption story. For the record, I really don't care if they decide to redeem Teapot - he's been a pretty half-ass villain for a long time now anyway. But if they want to redeem him, then fucking do it right! Give him an actual redemption arc, have it take time, have him truly try to atone for his sins, and don't make it because of some woman! These temporary redemptive arcs they take him on so he can get into somebody's knickers, only to have some big plan blow up in his face are killing me. Commit to the character either way, writers!
I agree he has been a pretty half-ass villain, but the last thing I want is a redemption story. ^o) What fun is he then? JS can rock the villain vibe so much better and it's pure delight to watch when he does. Right now he is beyond boring and even more glaringly with his sneaky sister's antics smokin up the screen. The writers need to spend a weekend marathon watching film noir, get inspired and give JS material to rival his wicked sister. We don't need another 'good guy'. These writers have already shown they have no skill in elevating the heroes as it is, so why would I want another hum-drum dude just so he can play kissy face with a clean conscience? It's a pathetic road they've put him on.

I'm so disappointed we have months of this to endure. Corday should be locked up in a stock for as much time as this plays out then slammed in a barrel and thrown over Niagara Falls.

Kooky Grandma suddenly delivering the warm fuzzies is just another character insult. Write your story with all it's gaps and holes, but don't mess with character continuity. It comes off disingenuous. The whole push of 'My Granddaughter is just like me because of my past' doesn't cut it when the stories have played out completely different. I thought we got rid of that ridiculousness when MarDar got the boot.
Edited by Hamilton, Dec 7 2012, 07:28 PM.

AFaithL

Hamilton
Dec 7 2012, 07:25 PM
tomsawyer
I agree he has been a pretty half-ass villain, but the last thing I want is a redemption story. ^o) What fun is he then? JS can rock the villain vibe so much better and it's pure delight to watch when he does. Right now he is beyond boring and even more glaringly with his sneaky sister's antics smokin up the screen. The writers need to spend a weekend marathon watching film noir, get inspired and give JS material to rival his wicked sister. We don't need another 'good guy'. These writers have already shown they have no skill in elevating the heroes as it is, so why would I want another hum-drum dude just so he can play kissy face with a clean conscience? It's a pathetic road they've put him on.

I'm so disappointed we have months of this to endure. Corday should be locked up in a stock for as much time as this plays out then slammed in a barrel and thrown over Niagara Falls.

Kooky Grandma suddenly delivering the warm fuzzies is just another character insult. Write your story with all it's gaps and holes, but don't mess with character continuity. It comes off disingenuous. The whole push of 'My Granddaughter is just like me because of my past' doesn't cut it when the stories have played out completely different. I thought we got rid of that ridiculousness when MarDar got the boot.
Word. I have zero desire to see Teapot redeemed. I want him to remain a "gray"
villain. NOT a hero.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

Courtneya6688
Dec 6 2012, 11:18 AM
I dont want Hairboy and abby to get back together. I agree km is way to good to be paired with a snooze fest like Hairboy
I liked them together in the beginning, but him going nutso over Teeth ruined him for me. I'm anxious to see her with the new Cameron.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Posted Image

samixxx
Member Avatar

I do think this is a half attempt at a redemption story for Elvis, but where do you go, especially with The Diva. Married check, kids check, family opposed check, sexy counterpart check ....been there done that how many times? I'm bored.

lysie
Member Avatar

samixxx
Dec 8 2012, 12:38 AM
I do think this is a half attempt at a redemption story for Elvis, but where do you go, especially with The Diva. Married check, kids check, family opposed check, sexy counterpart check ....been there done that how many times? I'm bored.

It's just a stupid time to redeem him. He's not even doing anything. And you know they're not going to bother mentioning anything he has done. They're just going to have token characters mention he can change, they're not going to bother being specific about how he's changed, and they're going to further divide the audience between people who accept what they do and people who don't.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hamilton
Dec 7 2012, 07:25 PM
tomsawyer

Quoted for truth! :hail:
Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

I hate Teapot but at least before I could hate on him for the evil stuff he did now hes just become a bore lol

concerned
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Dec 8 2012, 12:25 AM
It was going to work out so well - but looks like Teapot's got his sights set on Chompers as well.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 10:41 AM
esp13
Dec 7 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah . . . but look at that spoiler. Teapot being "bad" and "malicious" is down to trying to get Friends and Mothers to date Eyebrows Magoo and not trying to make Eyebrows Magoo look bad. Really? This is what villains do now? The dude is a wimpy excuse for a DiMera at this point.
But a HAWT wimpy excuse for a DiMera.

Lets not forget that.
For me, E.J.'s always been a pathetic excuse for a DiMera, because he refuses to own up to his shit. When he's caught, he turns into a sniveling, whiny person who doesn't hesitate to get down on his knees (literally) and beg for forgiveness. C had's more of a DiMera than E.J. is -- at least he never resorted to getting down on his knees and tearfully begging M elanie to forgive him, and he gets major points from me for calling E.J. a coward a few months ago (although he was wrong about E.J. being exactly like S tefano -- that's an insult to a great villain).

I'm sure that someone w ill correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can recall, I've never seen S tefano or V ictor get down on their knees and beg someone to forgive them for doing something wrong. Even after the egg debacle, V ictor accepted full responsibility and basically reminded M aggie that when she had agreed to marry him, she had been fully aware that he had once been a different person. He didn't want to lose her, but he was willing to accept that fate with dignity -- he certainly wasn't going to get down on his knees and beg her to forgive him.

I do think that part of the blame is on James Scott's shoulders, though. The writing is one thing, but I doubt that the scripts are telling James to get down on his knees and cry his eyes out every time his cookie is taken away from him. I also don't think that James is "HAWT" (or even hot), so that doesn't absolve him of his pathetic actions.

(Yes, I realize that my favorite character/actor on the show has done his fair share of crying scenes in the past year and a half, but the difference is that W ill was dealing with real problems of identity that he had no control over, and he was never even remotely attempting to be a villain. It's not that I don't think that men should cry -- I simply don't think that villains should cry when their own villainous acts backfire.)
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 8 2012, 08:08 PM.

Will&Sonny

Daytime
Dec 7 2012, 10:10 AM
Teasers via SOD

12/12, K risten invites C had to join the family for the holidays

I really h ope that we get to see the DiMera mansion set again soon. It probably won't happen until S tefano returns to Salem, but I don't want K risten to live in a hotel room for the next year.

AFaithL

Word. Put K'risten back in the Dimansion where she belongs.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

samixxx

Exactly-- where do you go with Teapot if you redeem him? Do you have The Diva and him living the 9-5 life where they each go to work and attend soccer games, church board meetings, and have family game nights? That's just so exciting. Or do you have Teapot being redeemed until he wins over The Diva and then have him go back to being the half-assed villain he was before, in which case The Diva Crybaby Horton explode when she finds out that he really never did change and go stomping out the door of the mansion, kids in tow, realizing she never should have left Eyebrows Magoo in the first place.

Teapot shouldn't be redeemed. He is a villain; he is a gray character-- let him be who he is and has been for the past 6 years. Days needs villains; the show already has enough good guys.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

magicsteacher
Dec 8 2012, 08:57 PM
Teapot shouldn't be redeemed. He is a villain; he is a gray character-- let him be who he is and has been for the past 6 years. Days needs villains; the show already has enough good guys.
amen to this!!! With Stefano 90% gone, Victor turned into a teddy bear, Kate rarely ever seen, Nicole always being written as the victim, and Kristin not even being written like a villain, EJ's the only one that fits the profile. He should be manipulating Sami in some way, not lying on the ground with her looking at whatever it is they were looking at and taking Johnny to see his grandma. EJ should also be terrorizing the rest of the Salem residents as per his father's request.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

magicsteacher
Dec 8 2012, 08:57 PM
samixxx

Exactly-- where do you go with Teapot if you redeem him? Do you have The Diva and him living the 9-5 life where they each go to work and attend soccer games, church board meetings, and have family game nights? That's just so exciting. Or do you have Teapot being redeemed until he wins over The Diva and then have him go back to being the half-assed villain he was before, in which case The Diva Crybaby Horton explode when she finds out that he really never did change and go stomping out the door of the mansion, kids in tow, realizing she never should have left Eyebrows Magoo in the first place.

I completely agree that there is no need to redeem Teapot. He's so much more interesting when he's at his devious best. However, the same holds true for The Diva. She should never be written as the heroine or the damsel in distress dependent on a big, strong man to constantly rescue her. The character's popularity was a result of The Diva being a hell raising, devious bitch for years. I'd much rather have that The Diva back over the one we've had more often than not over the past 3 or 4 years.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply