Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marlena loses control; Airs week of Nov 26th
Topic Started: Nov 21 2012, 07:46 PM (3,649 Views)
Ellie

The newest issue of Soap Opera Digest features an article about Marlena and Kristen.

Marlena asks Brady for help in finding incriminating evidence against Kristen, but he says he thinks Kristen has changed. So Marlena breaks into Kristen's hotel room herself. She finds Kristen's tablet pc and starts looking at it, but then Kristen comes in. She and Marlena have a fight and then Brady comes in and calms things down. Kristen lets Marlena look at the file, and it's a journal entry about making amends with everyone.

Kristen calls John but surprisingly doesn't tell him what Marlena did. Marlena leaves and Brady thanks Kristen for not telling John.

Kristen then goes to church and asks Father Tobias if she may confess. Brady is also at church and overhears, despite his best judgment. When he hears what Kristen says, it furthers his opinion that she has indeed changed.

But, Brady also overhears Kristen telling Father Tobias that she's become attached to a certain person but knows these are feelings she shouldn't be having...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Yeah, because Kristen couldn't possibly have covered all of her tracks and assumed Marlena would try to do just this (seriously, it's the normal next step to proving what she's saying). Good God, the Black men are dumb. Marlena obviously has the brains of the family.

Marlena needs to ask Nick for help.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Actually, if Kristen is using a wifi connection for her tablet, someone could conceivably tap into it. If Nick the genius tapped into it, he could make a file of everything on the tablet. I do remember as she was flying back seeing her stare at a pic of John.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

Kristen being attracted to Brady is a little sick

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Nov 21 2012, 07:56 PM
yea I hate to say it but it kind of grosses me out too, I can't get past the whole ex step mommy thing, every time I see them together I keep picturing that "will you still love me scene" that Brady had with Marlena when he was a little boy where he asked her if she'd still love him even though Kristen was his new mommy

ShaneDOOLFan

does anyone else think she may just be seducing Brady to make John jealous?

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ew.I HATE this storyline.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

rfsexton
Nov 21 2012, 07:56 PM
I don't blame Kristen; Brady's body is :wow: I saw her sneaking a peek at the goods.

As for the article, Kristen is one smart piece of work. Good for her for covering her tracks. At the rate she is going, she'll have Marlena is going to look mental institution cray by Christmas. :laugh: I feel for Marlena because I know she is right, Kristen is up to no good. However, I cannot stop enjoying Kristen messing with her head.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

I want to see Kristen crash in a spectacular way. One so big, bad, and crazy that even Stefano will be shocked and turn his back on her

Sparrow

I am really happy to have a villain acting villainy. She's just the right amount of creepy... I love this.

am103
Member Avatar

I am loving this story! Kristen/Brady is a tad creepy, but it's soapy and I'm up for it. I just want to know what Kristen's ultimate plan is, and I hope it's good!

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

am103
Nov 21 2012, 09:01 PM
I am loving this story! Kristen/Brady is a tad creepy, but it's soapy and I'm up for it. I just want to know what Kristen's ultimate plan is, and I hope it's good!
I want to know too. I keep thinking back to her flight to Salem. She wtas looking at pictures of John and Marlena on her tablet. If she had truly changed as she claims, she would not have said thank you to Marlena.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm not on Team Kristen/Brady, but all I can hope is that Kristen is totally playing Brady and using him to drive Marlena and John crazy. If they stay that route I will get over the weirdness of it all. If they end up with Kristen actually falling for Brady then I have a problem with it. I guess I will be waiting a while to find out how I feel about this part of the story. I'm loving Kristen and Eileen's performances have been great. Can't wait to see her now that Kristen has outed herself to Marlena as being bitchy Kristen. That short scene was delicious.

Will&Sonny

The possibility of a Brady and Kristen pairing doesn't bother me; after all, it's not like Doug and Julie have a traditional relationship either, and they've been a popular couple for decades.

I could mention at least two other popular pairings that are "wrong" in one way or another, but I won't go there. :lol:

It should also be noted that Kristen didn't exactly watch Brady grow up; she was around for a relatively short amount of time when Brady was fairly young, then disappeared for fifteen years. If it weren't for the fact that Kristen was clearly keeping up with (or quickly got caught up on) everything that was happening in Salem, she could have conceivably passed him on the street without recognizing him.

Mason
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 21 2012, 10:09 PM
The possibility of a Brady and Kristen pairing doesn't bother me; after all, it's not like Doug and Julie have a traditional relationship either, and they've been a popular couple for decades.
Julie was never a surrogate mother figure to Doug, either.

It's just gross to me, and it doesn't help that I don't think there's an abundance of chemistry there, anyway. This whole thing with Brady has really been dragging down Kristen's return (which has otherwise been enjoyable) for me.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 21 2012, 10:28 PM
Will&Sonny

It's just gross to me, and it doesn't help that I don't think there's an abundance of chemistry there, anyway. This whole thing with Brady has really been dragging down Kristen's return (which has otherwise been enjoyable) for me.
That's what he does. He drags down great actresses! I'm sorry, but I always feel this way. I like the Nicole/Brady friendship a lot, but that's it. I also enjoy his relationships with John and Marlena. I can't stand how Lindsay Hartley and Sarah Joy Brown, two actresses that I have ALWAYS, wanted on DAYS were basically wasted on Brady and dumped after the pairing didn't work out. They were never given another chance to make it work...they were basically brought in to give Brady something to do and both failed and I'm not laying the blame on the actresses. I will say it was probably 60% writing and 40% Brady/EM.

The only saving grace is that Kristen isn't a new character and has plenty of other roots in Salem to save her. I'm not seeing much chemistry between Brady and Kristen yet, aside from them obviously being two very pretty people. That's another reason why I'm praying that Kristen is just using Brady to stick it to John and Marlena. Brady and Kristen don't have any special feel to them to me. I can tolerate them under those circumstances, but to me they don't feel like they're ever going to be a strong couple. I would like to see DAYS cast a strong shady actor for Eileen Davidson to pair up with once Kristen is truly exposed. I wouldn't mind seeing her have someone hot to scheme with, who can also be on par with her acting. I would love a Ricky Paull Goldin or someone like that. If they don't want to go that route I think they should have her hook up with a strongly recasted Mike Horton. She needs someone to match skills with. Its really the only thing dampening the return for me.

peaches179

DiMeraFan67
Nov 21 2012, 11:31 PM
Mason
Nov 21 2012, 10:28 PM
Will&Sonny

That's what he does. He drags down great actresses!

I agree. He's nothing but a ham.

Ireland98

DiMeraFan67
Nov 21 2012, 09:57 PM
I'm not on Team Kristen/Brady, but all I can hope is that Kristen is totally playing Brady and using him to drive Marlena and John crazy. If they stay that route I will get over the weirdness of it all. If they end up with Kristen actually falling for Brady then I have a problem with it. I guess I will be waiting a while to find out how I feel about this part of the story. I'm loving Kristen and Eileen's performances have been great. Can't wait to see her now that Kristen has outed herself to Marlena as being bitchy Kristen. That short scene was delicious.
I agree to an extent. What I love most about all of this is the mystery! We can't predict what's going to happen next, which I appreciate. I see chemistry between Brady and Kristen, but want to see more with Kristen and John. Marlena's paranoia adds to the mix. I hope this all plays out well!
Edited by Ireland98, Nov 22 2012, 01:29 AM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

As hot as Brady is... he has NO chemistry... with ANY women! Especially the women who put him to bed at night and probably changed his pull-ups IMO! :x

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I think whatever chemistry problem is on both sides, and also on the writing, too. But they should just give Brady a new career as the world's oldest Abercrombie and Fitch greeter in HTS, and be done with his love life.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply