Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Marlena loses control; Airs week of Nov 26th
Topic Started: Nov 21 2012, 07:46 PM (3,647 Views)
jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I'm all for Kristen and Brady. This Brady really hasn't had a good love interest since Nicole, so why not he have a relationship that likely won't turn into anything really serious? Plus it will drive Marlena nuts and give her and John a story. I'm all for that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CatherineEarnshaw

While John has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, why does he have to be so ruined for this story? And I can just see these writers thinking it is a good twist to make Marlena evil for this story? Marlena is the heroine, and her she will remain that whatever these writers do before the show goes off the air.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Marlena is clearly not evil. The viewers have always been given hints that Kristen is playing Marlena and now Kristen has basically confirmed this to us and Marlena. John might think that she's doing bad things, but the most important view of the character is how they come off the audience. She is still acting overly paranoid, but we have already seen that she has more than enough reason to be. Like you said, John is an idiot and IMO he has mostly been an idiot since the mid-90s...and yeah he has been just as dumb as this (and worse) multiple times.

leela46

CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 25 2012, 08:42 AM
While John has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, why does he have to be so ruined for this story? And I can just see these writers thinking it is a good twist to make Marlena evil for this story? Marlena is the heroine, and her she will remain that whatever these writers do before the show goes off the air.
I don't think Marlena is looking evil at all. She is looking paranoid, which I'm enjoying. Kristen does need to be successful in her scheming in order for the plot to move forward. John and Marlena's relationship does need to be threatened in order for there to be a story. If there's no conflict then why have them in Salem at all? They can just go on cruises/trips like Doug and Julie and show up in town for the occasional holiday.

peaches179

leela46
Nov 25 2012, 01:11 PM
CatherineEarnshaw
Nov 25 2012, 08:42 AM
I don't think Marlena is looking evil at all. She is looking paranoid, which I'm enjoying. Kristen does need to be successful in her scheming in order for the plot to move forward.

I agree.

CatherineEarnshaw

I still think there is a way to tell this story without killing metaphorically the characters.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Kristen and Brady are disgusting! She is his adopted cousin, much older than him, AND was married to/in love with/had sex with his father! BLECH!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply