Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Caroline confesses to Eric; Airs week of November 26th
Topic Started: Nov 21 2012, 07:53 PM (4,130 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

Quote:

Caroline does tell Daniel, and he forgives her. Jennifer is very impressed with him because of this.

Because it takes a saint, nay, almost a god, to forgive an distraught 80 year old Alzheimer patient when she's standing in front of you begging for forgiveness.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

ChampagneRiver
Nov 21 2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:

Caroline does tell Daniel, and he forgives her. Jennifer is very impressed with him because of this.

Because it takes a saint, nay, almost a god, to forgive an distraught 80 year old Alzheimer patient when she's standing in front of you begging for forgiveness.
Can someone explain Caroline and test swap

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 21 2012, 09:27 PM
dc cubs
Nov 21 2012, 08:02 PM
Of course Caroline apologizes to Daniel, everyone practically bows down at his feet. Is
Caroline also going to apologize to Chloe when she returns to town? Somehow I don't think that will happen because everything is always about Daniel.
Well Chloe doesn't deserve an apology because she's a whore (literally, at one point). Actually, Eric should probably send her on an apology tour, too.

Dan, on the other hand, is an innocent victim. Poor dude. All he wants to do is get laid and save lives (at the same time, if possible) and these wicked women keep screwing with him.

You were being sarastic, right? Bravo!
:cart:

Alligato
Member Avatar

I'm so confused. WhyTF is Parker's paternity and Caroline switching it an issue right now? That was almost 2 years ago...and out of the blue, it's an issue? Why? So Daniel can get another apology?
So damn random! Then again, it was random that Caroline switched it in the first place.
So is Chloe coming back because of the paternity? Is Chloe going to break up Dannifer? I'd love to see Jen get pushed aside for my favorite blow up doll!

And since Phillip has lost two kids, and Nicole has too, maybe they could do a little bonding. :)

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 21 2012, 09:24 PM
Harmony233
Nov 21 2012, 08:49 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 21 2012, 08:34 PM
I'm seriously annoyed that this show is having everyone apologize to JenBitch and the Whorange one. :shame: Like those two haven't been propped up enough. Ugh.

And let me guess Tanman will get rewarded with Parker as a son while Philip loses another kid. That's just all kinds of wrong.

Looks like I'll continue to stick with GH. This show isn't worth my time.
I'm really disappointed that phillip will lose another kid and offscreen too
can someone remind me why Philip didn't go after Pocket (or whatever his real name was) and get his parental rights back?
I agree that it's ridiculous to rewrite paternity. Especially since i'm sure that it's the only idea TPTB had for causing tension between Dannifer. Dan will now have to choose between Jen and his kid. *eye roll* (especially since that pseudo sounds like Bo/Hope/Billie circa 1998, where Bo & Hope clearly wanted to be together, but Bo had obligations to Billie because she was pregnant.)
From what I remember (I may be wrong, it's been a while lol) I think he started to, but Belle talked him out of it... she made him realize how happy Tyler was with his foster family, and then Philip decided it would be best if he stayed with them so he didn't fight for his parental rights and let the foster family adopt him

Harmony233

DocandJohn4ever
Nov 21 2012, 10:57 PM
Supergirlx2
Harmony233
Hopeless_Dreamer
I'm seriously annoyed that this show is having everyone apologize to JenBitch and the Whorange one. :shame: Like those two haven't been propped up enough. Ugh.

And let me guess Tanman will get rewarded with Parker as a son while Philip loses another kid. That's just all kinds of wrong.

can someone remind me why Philip didn't go after Pocket (or whatever his real name was) and get his parental rights back?
I agree that it's ridiculous to rewrite paternity. Especially since i'm sure that it's the only idea TPTB had for causing tension between Dannifer. Dan will now have to choose between Jen and his kid. *eye roll* (especially since that pseudo sounds like Bo/Hope/Billie circa 1998, where Bo & Hope clearly wanted to be together, but Bo had obligations to Billie because she was pregnant.)
From what I remember (I may be wrong, it's been a while lol) I think he started to, but Belle talked him out of it... she made him realize how happy Tyler was with his foster family, and then Philip decided it would be best if he stayed with them so he didn't fight for his parental rights and let the foster family adopt him
that story made no sense lol phillip was crazy over claire who wasn't his biologically but yet his bio kid he didn't want anything to do with and even more headscratching was victor and kate who were all about family was okay with this

six
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Supergirlx2
Harmony233
Hopeless_Dreamer

It was actually Kayla, not Belle, but you're right, that's basically what happened. The whole thing made Philip and Stayla look pretty awful, imo.

Will&Sonny

Alligato
Nov 21 2012, 10:55 PM
I'm so confused. WhyTF is Parker's paternity and Caroline switching it an issue right now? That was almost 2 years ago...and out of the blue, it's an issue? Why? So Daniel can get another apology?
So damn random! Then again, it was random that Caroline switched it in the first place.
This is just a guess, and it's probably wrong, but when I read the initial post about the SOD article, my first thought was that Caroline might have been deflecting.

We know from spoilers elsewhere that Caroline returns and assures everyone that she is all right, but Eric is suspicious. The article says that Eric sees Caroline crying and becomes worried (this might relate to the "Eric is suspicious" spoiler). To avoid having to answer some tough questions or face some tough truths about her condition that she isn't truly ready to face yet, perhaps she scrambles to come up with some other reason for her tears, and this is what comes to mind. Also, if she's truly not as well as she's claiming, we already know that her mind sometimes gets stuck in the past (granted, it's usually the distant past), so to her, the paternity switch might feel like a "fresh" memory at that time, and that's what she latches onto and uses as a smokescreen.

:shrug: Like I said, it's just a guess, but if it plays out on-screen in that way, it might not be as contrived as it currently seems. Of course, either way, we all know that this is really just groundwork for an upcoming storyline.

nanasmiles

Did Daniel ever have another paternity test done on Parker? Maybe Caroline just thought she switched the tests, via memory loss of Alzhiemer's. Maybe all her confession did was cement that Chloe and Philip slept together, but that Parker's tests were never actually switched.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I really hope they don't blame what Caroline did or her botching the tests on her health issues. How about she's just old and had no idea what she was doing in the first place? That's good enough! They actually have done a pretty damn good job with Caroline and her story so I don't want to see them tarnishing it by using it in this situation.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

six
Nov 21 2012, 11:09 PM
DocandJohn4ever
Supergirlx2
Harmony233

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It was actually Kayla, not Belle, but you're right, that's basically what happened. The whole thing made Philip and Stayla look pretty awful, imo.

I knew it was someone who talked him out of it I just couldn't remember who :$ ... I remember him talking to Belle so I just assumed it was her.. and I agree it did especially when they all started fighting for custody

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I am going not going to hold my breath over any of this Dannifer bullshit.
Please make it go by fast, so I can get on and enjoy my favorite soap.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I am this close to posting all the hideous names DR fan posters have called daniel in the past year.

I guess TPTB took it as terms of endearment and love for the Daniel's character and couldn't see the glaring sarcasm about the whole damn thing.

How could the DAYS PR misunderstand the point were trying to make.

We made fun of Daniel, not because we thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but because most of us couldn't stand his slimely ass.

No one characters deserves so much pimping and apologizing, especially not Daniel!

cajnej
Member Avatar

nanasmiles
Nov 21 2012, 11:29 PM
Did Daniel ever have another paternity test done on Parker? Maybe Caroline just thought she switched the tests, via memory loss of Alzhiemer's. Maybe all her confession did was cement that Chloe and Philip slept together, but that Parker's tests were never actually switched.
I think it will get to the stage where a paternity test will be mandatory for every baby born in Salem because the paternity has been an issue for almost every baby born there for at least the last 5 years. My appologies if I am wrong on this one. All these poor kids do not know who their Daddy is half the time!!! :shrug:

The security and proceedures are a disgrace at University Hospital

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

I've been hoping they would connect Caroline's dementia to her behavior during the paternity switch story. It was so out of character that it deserves an explanation. I loved the work they did during that story anyway, though.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Harmony233
Nov 21 2012, 11:09 PM
that story made no sense lol phillip was crazy over claire who wasn't his biologically but yet his bio kid he didn't want anything to do with and even more headscratching was victor and kate who were all about family was okay with this
I think it was supposed to show character growth that he could do something selfless, but it did sort of come out of nowhere.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

How lovely she apologizes for Daniel, we are suppose to be so happy for Daniel :rolleyes:

tylerbo20

What does Daniel have over these writers and NBC and Sony.....y? This show sucks that even Caroline's Alzheimer's storyline is a prop for Daniel and Jen puke

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Are we sure TPTB are gonna change Parker's paternity back to Daniel? I hope not!

bomber
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Nov 22 2012, 01:45 PM
Are we sure TPTB are gonna change Parker's paternity back to Daniel? I hope not!
We don't know for sure but Peggy McKay said that Caroline's one crime was switching the paternity test and she even messed that up. So it's a good guess that they're going to give dan another child.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply