Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday November 23rd Daily Discussion; Classic Episode
Topic Started: Nov 22 2012, 08:40 PM (3,857 Views)
Daysofold

somersetfan
Nov 23 2012, 10:25 PM
Those teeth flying outta Susan's mouth never fails to crack me up. NEVER!

I hope they re-air another episode from this storyline on NYD.
I can honestly say that today's episode was the best the viewers have seen in YEARS!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Nov 23 2012, 07:41 PM
Stephanie Cameron was very pretty if nothing else.
I always wondered what happened to Stephanie Cameron after she left DAYS. (Wasn't she Tom Langan's personal trainer or something?) The only other thing I ever saw her in was an episode of Pamela Anderson's syndicated show V.I.P. (LOL, yes, I admit to watching V.I.P.!)

Anyway, this episode was a great bit of nostalgia! I remember that I was always fascinated by Hope's huge wall of bangs. I think Elaine from Seinfeld also had that "wall of bangs" hairstyle. And, wow, Renee Jones looks the same today as she did in 1997! The woman is timeless! Watching this episode also made me realize how much I miss Vivian and Ivan's dynamic. They were awesome and hilarious together. I also used to love all the scenes with John and his "Aunt Viv." And, of course, this episode made me recall JER's writing style with all the flashbacks, dream sequences, and characters talking to themselves. (I started watching DAYS circa 1992, so I have a soft spot in my heart for DAYS' 1992 to 1997 time period.)

I'm curious to see what the ratings for this episode will be. I'll be laughing if this classic episode gets way higher ratings than any current episode of DAYS!

Mason

Carly
Nov 23 2012, 10:50 PM
JtSmarts
Nov 23 2012, 07:41 PM
Stephanie Cameron was very pretty if nothing else.
I always wondered what happened to Stephanie Cameron after she left DAYS. (Wasn't she Tom Langan's personal trainer or something?) The only other thing I ever saw her in was an episode of Pamela Anderson's syndicated show V.I.P. (LOL, yes, I admit to watching V.I.P.!)
She had a recurring stint on the last season of Melrose Place (as did Steve Wilder, better known as the Ken Doll-Jack).

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Weren't her and Steve Wilder on around the same time too?

I know Cameron played some nurse who slept with Michael. And didn't that cause Jane to grow closer with her boss (Wilder)?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Krista Allen is just stunning. One of the hottest celebs out there. George Clooney was stupid to let her go.

james0479
Member Avatar

Some of you beat me in regards of points I want to make about this show but we've all repeated ourselves before right! Lol.

Kristian Alfonso looked FLAWLESS!!!! My God, I was amazed! I totally remember this episode when it aired all those years ago...and I've rewatched bits and pieces over and over on YouTube but only for the Susan scenes. Seeing this on a big screen tv was über cool and KA was just stunning.

Boy do I miss Vivian and Ivan! I love how Vivian wanted to get the hell out of there but would get sucked into the drama....and poor Ivan spilling the beans at the end for numerous reasons...one being his tie. Lol. Great stuff. Of course the teeth would land in Viv's glass. Perfect just like it was all those years ago.

Stephanie Cameron apparently went to the same acting school as Charity Rahmer...although Cameron may have graduated, at least.

Would someone PLEASE take Laura seriously and stop injecting her?!?! Drove me nuts way back when and drove me nuts today!

Susan....my sweet drunken Susan!! That 3 second look on her face when the camera pans to her after the teeth are in Viv's glass is the most priceless 3 seconds of daytime ever. Bless her heart.

Krista Allen is smokin hot!

*sigh* Celeste.....we need you!!!!!!

Stefano in "disguise" is hilarious. Nobody would ever know that's the head of the vampires. No way :).

Im starting to think the writers dont have to dumb John down for a storyline or three, he's been pretty damn dumb before. Lol

Overall, what a blast to see this episode on my tv today. I had the hugest smile all the way thru. I hope they will give us more classic episodes in the future. This is not the episode I would've chosen. Kenny already mentioned the ones more worthy. However, I really enjoyed it!
Edited by james0479, Nov 24 2012, 12:09 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

Good ole JER! Wow! Of course I loved it & didn't turn away once the entire episode! Bo in a towel! Omg! :wub2: Swoon! KA looked sooooo beautiful! I loved seeing Laura, Mike, Carrie, "Jennifer", Celeste & of course my beloved Viv & Ivan! Abe in that hat was hilarious!

The thing I enjoyed the most was that feeling of such URGENCY throughout the whole episode! Would John & Susan leave before she's found out? Will Bo get shot? Will Franco seduce Hope? Are Kristen & Marlena all right? Will anybody spot Stefano? Is anyone going to believe Laura? Will Stefano escape? Will Vivian & Ivan be exposed for helping Kristen? Will Kristen come to before Marlena? And of course, will John rescue Marlena? At the end, I found myself dying to see what happens Monday, but then I remembered this was just a rerun. LOL

JER was the master! One of a kind for sure! :hail: Hopefully TomSell & any possible future Days writers, were watching today! THAT'S how you tell a story!!!! :hail:

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Nov 24 2012, 12:23 AM
At the end, I found myself dying to see what happens Monday, but then I remembered this was just a rerun. LOL

JER was the master! One of a kind for sure! :hail: Hopefully TomSell & any possible future Days writers, were watching today! THAT'S how you tell a story!!!! :hail:
Yes! At the end I was like "What! You can't leave me like that!" and my mom was like "At least you know they survive..."

Days was so much better back then. Everyone has turned into a shell of their former selves.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Waaaaaa!! My DVR is set up to only record new epi's so I don't have this recorded!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will&Sonny

Funnily enough, I seem to recall that, at the time, JER seemed to be universally despised and trashed as a writer. Obviously, it's difficult to make a true comparison, since we're talking about two completely different times in the age of the Internet, but it's still kind of shocking to see people praising him now.

King
Member Avatar

This episode made me so nostalgic and so happy and so sad all at once.

I miss JER so much, even though I hated his last three-ish years of stuff on PSNS.

This is never getting deleted from my DVR. Ever.

lysie
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 24 2012, 05:55 PM
Funnily enough, I seem to recall that, at the time, JER seemed to be universally despised and trashed as a writer. Obviously, it's difficult to make a true comparison, since we're talking about two completely different times in the age of the Internet, but it's still kind of shocking to see people praising him now.
I don't remember him being universally despised and trashed until his second run.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 24 2012, 05:55 PM
I wasn't on the net for JER part 1 but I definitely remember the hatred people had for Langan by 2001. I believe it was WORSE than the fury over Higley before she was fired. However as I go back and watch 2000-2001 episodes, the flaws are clearly there but I still enjoy that era more than pretty much anything post 2006.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

somersetfan

Why would they do a "re-air" on New Year's Day

trojangal
Member Avatar

rfsexton
Nov 24 2012, 08:34 PM
somersetfan

Why would they do a "re-air" on New Year's Day
I think it is due to the NHL hockey strike, there was supposed to be a nationally televised game on 01/01 on NBC

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Really loved this old episode. I was just a kid when it originally aired but i remember watching it with my grandma. Loved it start to finish.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply