Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Cane Feels Threatened!; airs wk 11/26
Topic Started: Nov 23 2012, 09:08 AM (1,763 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

In the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest it features an article about Cane's worries...

Cane Feels Threatened

After Neil informs Cane that Devon will be working at Jabot, it rubs Cane the wrong way because Cane had to work really hard to get where he’s at with Jabot. Cane feels there’s obvious nepotism going on. Devon feels Cane’s growing concerns and try to reassure him that he’s not after anyone’s job.

Next, Cane feels demoralized when Neil asks him to show Devon around Jabot, making him miss important meetings. Cane feels Neil is dismissive toward him. Cane is concerned but Neil keeps telling him that he doesn’t have anything to worry about. Things don’t get better when Cane tries running some ideas with Neil and Neil tells him to run them by Devon when it’s only his first day.

Later, Cane voices apprehensions to Lily, telling her that he could not do his job at work because he had to show Devon around. Lily tells him her dad would never do anything like that. Cane suspects Neil hasn’t truly forgiven him about all the hurt he’s caused Lily in the past.

For more pick up the December 4th issue of Soap Opera Digest.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Cane needs to grow the fuck up, he was grilling Devon the second Neil hired him on Thanksgiving so I don't know what his problem is. Lily should dump him already PLEASE

Laurel Twist

Cane feels threatened because he should feel threatened. Neil is doing what he always does. He is ignoring Cane & being dismissive. Neoptism is at play. Devon is now Neil's go to guy with no experience? Lily needs to stand up & for her husband. Cane Ashby is awesome! Lane are amazing!

taylore
Member Avatar

I can't stand Cane but i get why he feels threatened,there's definitely nepotism going on.How come of all the people who works at Jabot,Neil ask Cane to show Devon around its not like he's a secretary or something.

LPS
Member Avatar

Booo hooo....Neil hired Devon and that makes Cane insecure. Put his ass behind the bar where it belongs.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Cane's lucky that Neil even hired his ass in the first place, hes not even family so Neil doesn't owe him shit. So what if Cane has 'changed' hes still a useless waist of airtime and no one cares about his bitching

Kourtnie

I am not a Cane fan but he is absolutely right- Neil should not have hired Lilly or Devon- neither one of them have experience or education it was ridiculous that he thinks he is going to make Jabot his family company-Pathetic. Cane was given the good jobs in the first place because of Jill and Kay-but he worked hard and learned everything and has obviously done a good job and knows what he is doing- Cane is being pushed over because Neil is a jerk and he should ask jack to put him somewhere at Newman,try to go to Chancellor, or get in on something else- Please get him away from this horrible family so he can be likable.

Kourtnie

Queen B- I think you are confused, Neil did not hire Cane...Jack did...It has nothing to do with family because Neil does not own a family business, he has always been back burner to the Newmans, Abbots, and Chancellors and will never have his own business so he is using Jacks to pretend like he has one lol so pathetic, he wont have all this power once Jack goes back to Jabot. Unlike Lilly and Devon Cane did not need a favor from Neil in order to get a job, he got a job from Jack because he was qualified for it- just like Neil got his job because he was qualified...Devon dropped out of business school and failed in music, Lilly was a model for a couple of months, they are the ones that should not be there.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

First of all, the title of this thread made me laugh! I can't stand Cane so if he feels threatened, that makes me rejoice LOL. Neil treating him like his bitch? Excellent!! Keep up the good work Neil! Wait till that new hottie starts working at Jabot too...his nuts will be in such a tight knot, it won't be long until he shoots himself in the foot!

taylore
Member Avatar

well,Lily went to college and Cane has his Job at Jabot thanks to Jill and Kay.Yes! he has proven himself but was given the benefit of the doubt in the first place.The same thing should apply to Lily and Devon.

Kourtnie

When did Lilly complete college? She started working as the face for jabot when she was like 19-and nothing was said of her being in school after that when dating and moving in with Cane... Cane was first given a chance because of Jill and Kay but he only has his job because he was qualified for it- Jack would not have him there otherwise. Devon & Lilly are only there because they are Neil's kids- just saying unless it is a family business it is weird to hire your family there who aren't qualified...Just like when Sharon got the job at Newman. Cane has the right to be ticked off, and this is coming from someone who cant stand him...but he will be a lot more likable now that the new regimen are fixing the mess up of his character with all that family crap.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Daytime
Nov 23 2012, 09:08 AM
Cane had to work really hard to get where he’s at with Jabot.
Uhhh ... what? HE was given everything by Katherine and Jill years ago because they thought he was family. LMFAO

KMan101
Member Avatar

LOL. This is seriously a storyline preview? Zzzzz.

TFP!

natdot99
Member Avatar

Shick
Nov 23 2012, 05:56 PM
Daytime
Nov 23 2012, 09:08 AM
Cane had to work really hard to get where he’s at with Jabot.
Uhhh ... what? HE was given everything by Katherine and Jill years ago because they thought he was family. LMFAO
Really the con man is still throwing temper tantrums because he thinks he better than everyone else, GMAFB.
Jill and Kay gave Cane free passes to Chancellor and Jabot and now he questions Neil ability as a businessman :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Can anyone say hypocrite RB :soapbox: to Cane.

kelly777
Member Avatar

Kourtnie
Nov 23 2012, 05:04 PM
When did Lilly complete college? She started working as the face for jabot when she was like 19-and nothing was said of her being in school after that when dating and moving in with Cane... Cane was first given a chance because of Jill and Kay but he only has his job because he was qualified for it- Jack would not have him there otherwise. Devon & Lilly are only there because they are Neil's kids- just saying unless it is a family business it is weird to hire your family there who aren't qualified...Just like when Sharon got the job at Newman. Cane has the right to be ticked off, and this is coming from someone who cant stand him...but he will be a lot more likable now that the new regimen are fixing the mess up of his character with all that family crap.
When I started watching Lily was going to college.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Laurel Twist
Nov 23 2012, 10:10 AM
Cane feels threatened because he should feel threatened. Neil is doing what he always does. He is ignoring Cane & being dismissive. Neoptism is at play. Devon is now Neil's go to guy with no experience? Lily needs to stand up & for her husband. Cane Ashby is awesome! Lane are amazing!
cane's are a big bore, but, the thought that devon would leap from music "mogul" to an executive at a cosmetics company is a pretty big leap.
He should be starting at an entry level position.
Cane shouldn't be upset about nepotism, isn't that how he got started, after all, he was just a liar bartender from Australia when he suddenly became a big shot.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

3WishGenie
Nov 23 2012, 01:02 PM
First of all, the title of this thread made me laugh! I can't stand Cane so if he feels threatened, that makes me rejoice LOL.
I feel the same way. When I read the title my first thought was "Who really gives a flying fruitcake about how Cane feels?'...

Daniel Goddard seems like a nice guy in interviews and on Twitter/FB but the character of Cane really sucks monkeyballs.

kelly777
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Nov 24 2012, 10:36 AM
3WishGenie
Nov 23 2012, 01:02 PM
First of all, the title of this thread made me laugh! I can't stand Cane so if he feels threatened, that makes me rejoice LOL.
I feel the same way. When I read the title my first thought was "Who really gives a flying fruitcake about how Cane feels?'...

Daniel Goddard seems like a nice guy in interviews and on Twitter/FB but the character of Cane really sucks monkeyballs.
:lol: :lol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :lol: :lol:

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

As far as Lane goes, ITA with EVERYONE on here! It's hard to choose a side when Both sides make great points! As far as Devon/Lily I agree...NEITHER of those brats should be there without the proper training. Cane is right to feel like he feels because once Devon gets used to things in Jabot, Neil most definitely WILL choose his kids over anyone worth a damn in the company...It's a given, knowing how Neil is. NOW ON THE OTHER HAND, Cane does need to shut the fuck up...he started off in a bar himself...I don't remember him going to ANYONE'S college! After the way he treated Genevieve, I can't stand his ass!

sonemfan4life

Lily was going to college then she dropped out to be a model and later a housewife.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply