Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, November 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 23 2012, 02:32 PM (5,897 Views)
NikiLani
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 26 2012, 11:45 PM
mer4santo
Nov 26 2012, 11:42 PM
lysie
Nov 26 2012, 11:38 PM
LonePirate
Nov 26 2012, 11:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It's rare that people flashback to good things...
Hold on there missy, Chad flashed back to those wonderful dates he never had with Melanie....
Right. People rarely flash back to good things.
...Except Safe....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 27 2012, 12:04 AM
I'm about as gay as can be, but if I'd managed to knock up my fag hag I can assure you that that would probably be just about the only thing I'd be able to think about.
I'm not sure if I am supposed to be laughing... but I am... very hard! :roflol:

IMO Will isn't focused on having slept with Sonny. Will is focused on the fact that a girl just told him she is pregnant, with his child... and how THAT is going to affect his life, and relationship with Sonny! I think he keeps flashing back to that night because it was a mistake that will change his life... not because he is hot for Gabi!

camera shy

SocRMum1
Nov 26 2012, 04:58 PM
camera shy
Nov 26 2012, 04:42 PM
lovinsafe
Nov 26 2012, 04:12 PM
WOW 4 days in a row without EJ this must be a record… :cheer: I thought the show was sad today…I feel sorry for Will/Gabi they have the chemistry for a great couple on DAYS but he is gay so that shoots this SL in the butt. Why would they go there except to make Rafe/Sami tied together forever? I love Rafe/Sami working together as a team the way a couple works when they love their family, thinking of someone else besides themselves. I wish they would change Maggie back to the way she was and stop sticking her nose into Daniel’s life, he made it this far without a Mom so I’m sure he will be just fine without her advise. And Nicole the jury is still out on her, half of me think she is playing Eric.
That's because Safe was a real couple in love and it's still there. They don't need anyone behind the scenes pulling the strings to arrange for them to be close to one another......it happens naturally.
It happens - or doesn't - because the writers write it that way. There's really nothing 'natural' or 'real' about it.
Then I like how these writers choose to write Safe. They let them come together naturally without any manipulation on either part.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

six
Nov 26 2012, 09:42 PM
I really don't care about this baby storyline, but I wish Gabi would punch Sami and Rafe in their faces. The way they barged in and made themselves a part of Gabi's private business is terrible. And Rafe managed to reach a new low trying to use his badge to burst into the exam rooms. I wouldn't have thought that was possible, but it's Rafe, so I shouldn't be surprised. Where were they when she was screwing with Chad and Melanie's lives? Where was Rafe's concern for Gabi's health when he found out about all the people she helped get killed?

On another note, it's a little odd that Nicole appears to feel worse about what she's done to dannifer than about the death of her kid. I didn't really care for her meekness, either. I think she needs to move past her love for Daniel, but if she wants him, she should go ahead and go after him.

How cute is Ciara? And even she has family chemistry with Eric. Hiring GV is the best choice this show has made in years.

It's too bad non-grey Bricole doesn't have any chemistry, because two brothers fighting over Nicole could be a good story.
It was dramatic, but Sami and Rafe's butting into a deeply personal matter between Will and Gabi (not knowing the whole story to boot) make them both look sickeningly awful in my eyes, especially Rafe. He didn't come off as caring about Gabi to me, but as an angry, manipulative control freak. The character looked terrible in my eyes, and I lost respect for him. His adult sister's body and reproductive choices are her business alone, and if he doesn't think so he can go join the Taliban. I respect that Gabi chose not to go through with the abortion, because that was right for her and I'm very glad it was portrayed as her choice, and I'm glad that Will supported her no matter what.

Will and Gabi were the only people behaving like adults.

And as for Rafe using his badge, it's just another in a long list of reasons why he shouldn't be a police officer.

six
Member Avatar

Agreed. I haven't read today's write up, but I really hope it contains a scene with Will and or Gabi telling safe off.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Gabi may be numerically an adult, but the fact that she almost went thru with an abortion mainly because she was afraid of her brother's reaction shows she's not emotionally an adult. I don't blame Rafe for going in guns blazing. I respect her right to choose, however it was beyond obvious she hadnt thought it thru and was making a snap decision.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

"Will says You want to get an abortion
gabi says i told you all night i was thinking about this
you are gay im straight we are with other people, you are a student, im a part time student slash waitress , our lives this year have been crazy and we are just now starting to get our heads above water
what kind of life could we give this baby"

Doesn't sound like she wanted an abortion mainly because of Rafe, to me.

Lil
Member Avatar

Wow...watching this episode after watching FriDAYS 1997 episode really drove home more than ever how much this show sucks now. I could barely pay attention I was so frigging BORED!!! Maybe Gabi's story would be interesting if I gave a fucking monkey scrote about Gabi. Rafe and Sami are just intolerable douches. The new Eric so far is boring, in my opinion, and he talks like fucking Mushmouth and is constantly screwing up lines. Maggie and Taniel can go jump off a fucking cliff. If they want to take pod-Jen with them, they are more than welcome. I also don't need to have Melanie brought up every other episode...Didn't like her when she was here, not gonna start now. What we need is some drama. Like really villanous villains doing villanous things that fuck with the lives of multiple people...And hey, in the end, when the good guys eventually win, we get a PAYOFF. Haven't seen one of those in like 10 years...

Last week's Kristen moment is the best thing I've seen all through sweeps and that was like a 1 minute scene.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Lil
Nov 27 2012, 02:01 PM
What we need is some drama. Like really villanous villains doing villanous things that fuck with the lives of multiple people...And hey, in the end, when the good guys eventually win, we get a PAYOFF. Haven't seen one of those in like 10 years...
this to the nth degree!! there's nothing intriguing going on. no one's trying to manipulate anyone (Marlena's paranoia doesn't count). no one's trying to kill anyone. no one's really lying or cheating or stealing. The show could really use a Franco, or a Megan, or a Colin. Hell, the show would be better if Stefano & Victor hadn't been turned into grandpa teddy bears. Kate needs to scheme again. So does EJ. And Sami. The show is desperately lacking in bad guys.

Dannifer's story sounds like the writers have a hat with ideas that they pick from every other week. "What shall we do with them this week? Oh, look. The paper we chose says 'Dan gets his hand tremors back. This causes tension between Dan and Jen as she tries to help him and he rejects her help.' Let's go with that."
Marlena/Kristen/John/Brady just doesn't seem to have much substance. There's just Marlena paranoid that Kristen wants John. Kristen hasn't even doone anything. She's just in Salem.
As for Gabi & co., if i wanted to watch a "i'm pregnant with my now-gay-ex-boyfriend's baby" story, i'll turn on one of the The CW dramas. So Nick wants to marry Gabi so they can raise the baby together. Big deal. Will isn't the kind of character to sabotage their relationship or try to stop the wedding. Sonny's not the type to stop it either. And i doubt Chad could give a fuck about Gabi & Nick getting married.

Lil
Member Avatar

Since this crapatastic Gabi babymess is going on anyway, I hope that they have the good sense to have Will talk to somebody about it...Like Lucas or Eric or better yet- Sonny. And Sonny could have his own issues with being angry/hurt by Will and talk to Justin or Adrienne. Why are ONLY Sami & Rafe involved? And why isn't Will freakign the fuck out right about now? CM won and Emmy for not being able to handle coming out, no? How is he so cool with keeping his child a secret? I guess it's too soon... I think what hurts this s/l most is that CB is boooring. And she's dragging BB down with her. I was never a big Nick fan, but like ALL forced pairings on this show, they have dumbed him down substantially from the character he was. Abd Chad is just this dead appendage hanging around the show for no good reason.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply