Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, November 27th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 26 2012, 02:38 PM (6,286 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

I watched the whole episode and I really like the Kristen/Marlena/John/Brady scenes as well as the State scenes. The Gabi pregnancy story was actually decent. May have to change my mind about it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm trying to watch today, but someone is talking to me like I'm not trying to watch.

I really liked the Brady/Marlena scenes. I really like how DH is playing this. I think she's doing what most of the other actors playing hero/heroines on this show have failed to do lately. She's not coming across one note at all. I still would pay to see her purposely spill her latte, though.

The Stefano/Kate stuff was fine. I'm so over Stefano, though. And I really don't buy his anger. I don't really buy anything he's done since 2007. And I'm pretty sure he's in Alamaina.

IMO, this version of Sami is by far the worst. I never agreed in 2009 that she had been Marlena-fied or whatever, but that's totally what they're doing with her here. Not only is it not in character, but it's probably what AS sucks at the most. I think Sami is completely sincere, but because it's Sami it comes across as fake. Meanwhile, I don't think Rafe has been the biggest hypocrite in this story by any stretch of the imagination. Don't get me wrong. He's been a hypocrite, but Sami is beating him on that scale by A LOT.

I just can't with Chad. And also it would have been nice if Freddie Smith would have woken up for his scenes today.

I'm not crazy about how John is acting. I can get over him being stupid, but I don't like the way he's going behind Marlena to apologize for her and basically patronizing her behind her back. I do like that they're letting both John and Marlena be pissed at each other, though, and I hope Marlena gets to be really pissed later.

Was EJ's new product lipstick?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 27 2012, 08:15 PM
I'm trying to watch today, but someone is talking to me like I'm not trying to watch.

I really liked the Brady/Marlena scenes. I really like how DH is playing this. I think she's doing what most of the other actors playing hero/heroines on this show have failed to do lately. She's not coming across one note at all. I still would pay to see her purposely spill her latte, though.

The Stefano/Kate stuff was fine. I'm so over Stefano, though. And I really don't buy his anger. I don't really buy anything he's done since 2007. And I'm pretty sure he's in Alamaina.

IMO, this version of Sami is by far the worst. I never agreed in 2009 that she had been Marlena-fied or whatever, but that's totally what they're doing with her here. Not only is it not in character, but it's probably what AS sucks at the most. I think Sami is completely sincere, but because it's Sami it comes across as fake. Meanwhile, I don't think Rafe has been the biggest hypocrite in this story by any stretch of the imagination. Don't get me wrong. He's been a hypocrite, but Sami is beating him on that scale by A LOT.

I just can't with Chad. And also it would have been nice if Freddie Smith would have woken up for his scenes today.

I'm not crazy about how John is acting. I can get over him being stupid, but I don't like the way he's going behind Marlena to apologize for her and basically patronizing her behind her back. I do like that they're letting both John and Marlena be pissed at each other, though, and I hope Marlena gets to be really pissed later.

I do believe that the lipstick is the project. She said, to John, I think, that she had been working on this new lipstick that was smug free and did a whole bunch of other things but that she was handing it over to EJ and Sami. They are going to work on it together.

Honestly, at that point, Kristen reminded me of Ashley of Y & R with the make up talk..... B-)

lysie
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Nov 27 2012, 08:23 PM
lysie

I do believe that the lipstick is the project. She said, to John, I think, that she had been working on this new lipstick that was smug free and did a whole bunch of other things but that she was handing it over to EJ and Sami. They are going to work on it together.

Honestly, at that point, Kristen reminded me of Ashley of Y & R with the make up talk..... B-)
I don't think EJ and Sami would be capable of doing anything smug free.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

So true, Lysie, so true! HAHAHA!

CatherineEarnshaw

The actress who plays Gabi is terrible. She is as bad a crier as Sweeney

Didn't mind the Marlena and Brady scenes. Still don't think they have much chemistry but Deidre can make almost anyone look better

Why is Drake's voice so raspy?

Can't stand the attempt to turn Sami into the heroine. Sweeney can't be soft enough like Deidre, Mary Beth or Melissa can.

Days4Life

The show's not perfect, but I was very entertained by today's episode. I'm loving the John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady story, and I was even hooked by the Gabi/Will/Nick/Chad scenes. It was good to see Stefano and Kate together; I hope he's going to be back in Salem soon.

I could nitpick, but I won't....it's just a TV show and not worth the energy.

six
Member Avatar

Watching right now and resisting the urge to FF. I thought Carrie was in Switzerland and cafe had ended, but clearly I was wrong because she and they are alive and well on my screen being played by Sami and safe. I really hope tomorrow is a new day too, because I'm sick of Carmi's shirt.

On Nick - I know prison changes people, but I miss the dorky innocent goofball and can't stand the judgmental moody person he's become. How exactly does Nick think Gabi played him when she was going to end the pregnancy without him even knowing what went on?

Kate and Stefano looked like they were reading off of cue cards.

Did Marlena lure Kristen to the rectory so she could break into her suite? Is this opposite day and she's playing Sami? Who's playing Marlena in this scenario? Everything is upside down.

Wilson's constant Gabi discussion is dragging them down.
Edited by six, Nov 27 2012, 09:49 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Okay, nm I see what Nick's going on about.

Love the way Kristen just rushed in on Marlena.

peaches179

six
Nov 27 2012, 09:45 PM
On Nick - I know prison changes people, but I miss the dorky innocent goofball and can't stand the judgmental moody person he's become. How exactly does Nick think Gabi played him when she was going to end the pregnancy without him even knowing what went on?

Yeah, I'm not liking this new Nick.

Kyan

I kept seeing Christie Clark in the Rafe scenes also and AS is like a wooden toy in comparison. Can't stand Gabi and CB is the worst actress on the show. Someone reading off cue cards would give a more dramatic performance. But, Rafes sudden concern is so fake. Why didn't he have her committed when she caused the town to blow up etc. I do enjoy that Marlena knows Kristen is still evil while the men in her storyline act the the women on the rest of the show .

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who thought Marlena's jacket looked exactly like the wallpaper in the hallway outside of Kristen's room??? :shrug:

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I love how crazy kristen is making marlena look. Kristen is so awesome and brady and john are the biggest idiots ever. I loved nick and hate what they are already doing to his character he is just to possesive of gabi already

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I don't think Nick has changed at all. IMO he may eventually go over the edge.
Stefano is back! I didn't want Kate to sign the divorce papers.
Rafe was so sweet and understanding with his sister Gabi...
I can't wait until Sami finds out Gabi is preggers with Will's baby.
Edited by bellajewel, Nov 28 2012, 12:37 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kyan
Nov 28 2012, 12:10 AM
I kept seeing Christie Clark in the Rafe scenes also and AS is like a wooden toy in comparison. Can't stand Gabi and CB is the worst actress on the show. Someone reading off cue cards would give a more dramatic performance. But, Rafes sudden concern is so fake. Why didn't he have her committed when she caused the town to blow up etc. I do enjoy that Marlena knows Kristen is still evil while the men in her storyline act the the women on the rest of the show .
Hmmmm, my theory that Rafe is a Taliban supporter is getting more credence. He's more controlling of his sister's reproductive choices and sex life than her impulse to blow things up. :lol:

As for Kristen, if anyone thinks her John obsession is unrealistic, they should watch the Errol Morris documentary from 2011 called Tabloid. It follows a woman who has a Kristen-like obsession for a guy, and it all really happened.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

THis show is making me loathe sami and once upon a time I enjoyed her character I loved her when she was insecure sheming and insane and not everybody bowed down to her

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I loved Marlena's 'Oh shit, you too' expression when Brady told her he believed Kristen isn't a threat anymore. I think the story is fun and am enjoying Marlena on the warpath approach. Kristen could barely contain her glee that she had snared John. Yep, buddy. She's the same Kristen you first knew! ;) Ba, ha!

I liked Rafe's tenderness with his sister when he thought she had gone through with the abortion he highly opposed. There is something heartwarming to me about the protective big brother/lil sis relationship being shown. His frustration, anger and affection were all well displayed.

Sami sticking up for Will was a nice way to show, for a change, that she can be a loving/protective and involved mom. Her concern for Gabi didn't feel false to me. Her history of being a knocked up confused teenager impulsively acting allows her to have some perspective here. I do like how they had her big mouth involve all the players. That seemed very much in character to Sami. Her final scenes with Rafe were sweet. They do have a history of standing by each others side and being loving toward one another. I think Sami can show warmth and still have a schemer side within her.

I'm really interested to see what has brought about this change in Nick. Why is he suddenly so judgmental and controlling? Gabi is young, insecure and searching for love and acceptance so I can see her being weakly swept up by this more domineering guy and letting him influence her. Their dynamic has me engaged, I just want to know more. I liked Nick jumping to the conclusion that Chad was the father and am looking forward to the continuation of those scenes.

I'm ready for Stefano to start acting like Stefano again and please start Kate's 'big' story. Kristen shouldn't be having all the fun in Salem.
Edited by Hamilton, Nov 28 2012, 09:32 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

lysie

I second this post...except that I was so flippin' happy to Stefano and Kate that it didn't matter how meaningless it was lol

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Don't want to get too deep into the abortion debate on a soap forum, but I do need to say that Gabi stating that her decision not to abort was because she realized how selfish it would be really rubbed me the wrong way. Whatever one thinks of abortion, the reasons she laid out for having the abortion when she had that first conversation with Will were anything but selfish. It is NOT selfish to want to have a child under optimal economic and emotional circumstances, once you've completed your education (Gabi and Will are both in college, as she noted), have gotten yourself into a job or a position that you're satisfied with and that can provide for you and give your child the best life possible (neither she nor Will have this), and to want to be in a stable relationship with someone you love. Of course they both have supportive families who'd want to help out and provide support, but it is not the responsibility of Rafe or Sami or Lucas or Marlena or whomever to be the primary caregivers of that child if Will and Gabi decide to raise him/her, either alone or together. I get that with Will's gay storyline the show may not want to push the envelope even further by having an abortion storyline, but that line by Gabi rang false to me. She may not have been able to do it for a host of legitimate emotional and other reasons, and I'm not advocating that she should or should not have one by any means. I just don't think the reasons she originally laid out came from a selfish place and the line didn't send the best message to me.

So uh, that's that.

AFaithL

Just watched the show on soapnet. Sami the "heroine" is annoying. Good grief. Sami is "wise"? Yeah, and I'm the Pope. Sorry, Sami will never be the heroine like Marlena or Hope. She just doesn't have the character to pull it off.

Stop having characters support her and kiss her ass, writers.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply