Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for November 12-16, 2012
Topic Started: Nov 27 2012, 01:55 AM (2,105 Views)
King
Member Avatar

Well, I guess I am in the minority, but I think DAYS is fucking amazing right now.

For the show it is now and the show it has become...and what the state of soaps is right now.

I love the Kristen and Gabi storylines.
Edited by King, Nov 30 2012, 10:29 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
Nov 28 2012, 11:03 PM
Y&R is a mess. Trying to pimp Avery out as the lead star when all she does is bake cupcakes. And involving Sharon in Chadumb's mess isn't helping..
I know. It is nice that we only have a few things to complain about now though right? I mean, the show is getting cleaned up but there isn't anything really hooking the audience.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Queen B
Nov 30 2012, 10:36 AM
Shick
Nov 28 2012, 11:03 PM
Y&R is a mess. Trying to pimp Avery out as the lead star when all she does is bake cupcakes. And involving Sharon in Chadumb's mess isn't helping..
I know. It is nice that we only have a few things to complain about now though right? I mean, the show is getting cleaned up but there isn't anything really hooking the audience.
Oh yeah! I mean the show isn't completely insane as it was under MAB. It's just TOO slow right now. I Still have hope that it will pick up, maybe in the new year.

blueskies
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 30 2012, 09:31 AM
^^ITA. For example, look at where Days stood in July of 2007

8. DAYS 2,229,000 (-607,000/-931,000) <--- new low

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/20736-july-2-6-2007/

As you see, they were even below where they are now and they were STILL not in last place, lol. In looking at these numbers it's a freaking miracle that Days wasn't cancelled already. Look at that year to year number, in early July of 2006 they had almost a million more viewers than they did a year later. That is why I don't believe that Days will be cancelled anytime soon. I still think that they will make it to celebrate their 50th anniversary and maybe then the network will contemplate what to do with them.
Hey, I was one of those million! lol; I'm telling you, they really need to advertise at least a little bit during primetime. I came back in the fall of 2009 by chance. How can we expect the fallen fans to come back purposefully and in large numbers if we don't advertise what's going on?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply