Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 27 2012, 02:47 PM (6,914 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 28 2012, 07:14 PM
Banus was just terrible from start to finish in this episode. She doesn't do emotional well at all.

Love the side glances Kristen gives Marlena when no one else is looking. Davidson seems to be having fun.

I just can't get into Vaughan as Eric. He would've made much better Brady. And Martsolf would be a better Eric. Can't they just swap?
Eric Martsolf would be fantastic in a collar / cassock. Brilliant idea.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 28 2012, 07:14 PM
I just can't get into Vaughan as Eric. He would've made much better Brady
During his scenes with John, I was thinking "Is John sure this isn't his kid?"

The Nick/Gabi/Will story is entertaining as long as I forget who the three of them are. I think I'd like the story a lot better if I were new to the show and the characters, but as it is now, the history behind who they all are keeps pulling me out of the story. The Nick/Will/Chad/Gabi scene really shone a spotlight on the weaker actors, too.

The Kristen/Brady/John/Marlena story is perfect. It's been so long since Days had such a subtle villain. Marlena is engineering her own downfall. Kristen couldn't have set things up this well if she'd planned it for years. It's just beautiful.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i want to send something to Eileen just for giving Marlena that look she gave after Brady asked her not to call the cops :laugh: I think I've rewatched that scene like 5 times now, lol.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Quote:

He wasn't with Sonny when he boinked Gabi, the reason he ran and sought comfort with Gabi was because he thought Sonny didn't want him

I don't think Will slept with Gabi because Sonny didn't want him. Didn't Sonny kiss him and Will told him that they were just friends? I don't remember if that was before T was rude to Will or afterwards, but I think that played a part in Will going to Gabi for comfort. Will should be honest with Sonny. Even though they were not a couple when it happened, they are one now. This pregnancy affects him too.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

six
Nov 28 2012, 07:28 PM
I think I'd like the story a lot better if I were new to the show and the characters, but as it is now, the history behind who they all are keeps pulling me out of the story.
Six, I thinks this pretty much sums it up for me and all the characters on DAYS. This writers have no respect for character history and I miss that so much about the show. Other then Marlena, I really can't pick many characters out that have been written well.

six
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Nov 28 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:

He wasn't with Sonny when he boinked Gabi, the reason he ran and sought comfort with Gabi was because he thought Sonny didn't want him

I don't think Will slept with Gabi because Sonny didn't want him. Didn't Sonny kiss him and Will told him that they were just friends? I don't remember if that was before T was rude to Will or afterwards, but I think that played a part in Will going to Gabi for comfort. Will should be honest with Sonny. Even though they were not a couple when it happened, they are one now. This pregnancy affects him too.
No, that definitely played into it. Will realized that he did want to date with Sonny but when he went to tell him that, he saw Bryan flirting with Sonny and he assumed Sonny had moved on. He left (then he had words with T and Lucas) and ended up in Gabi's bed.
Edited by six, Nov 28 2012, 09:18 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Quote:

Whatever the case may be, it seems to me that Will has tried very hard to be honest with everyone here. He handled Gabi's news with great maturity and thoughtfulness from the beginning, and he certainly would have told Rafe and Sami the truth had they let him get a word in edgewise.

And I don't think he's even thinking of keeping this from Sonny yet. He just agreed to give Gabi a day to think and process. While it's very clear to me as an audience member that Nick is going to push to be the official father and try and push Will aside, I don't think Will sees that as the long term plan yet. I think he thinks he'll talk to Sonny about this in a couple days when everyone has cooled down. It'll be interesting to see just how Nick, who is striking me as a master manipulator, accomplishes convincing Will to let him be the official father, given that Will clearly has an emotional investment in doing the right thing here. Maybe Will will just be worn down and tell himself it's best for everyone. I'm even seeing Will's touchy behavior with Gabi as being far more about the baby than her. I think he's got a caring for his kid impulse that's going to prevent him from letting Nick raise his baby.

I love Blake Berris, but I'm disturbed at the dark, controlling elements of Nick's character. BB is giving an outstanding performance, including Nick's turning on a dime when he figured out Chad wasn't the baby daddy (which was loopy writing imo). But I do think Nick is going to end up the villain, and he's controlling Gabi in a way that I think is supposed to look unhealthy. I miss sweet, old school Nick, but maybe the character can be redeemed. Stranger things have happened.
Edited by Honeybees, Nov 28 2012, 09:22 PM.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

^ oh okay. Thanks!

Will&Sonny

Deverauxfan
Quote:

The sequence of events was:

- T returned to town and said some nasty things to Will about Will's sexuality, with one of the highlights being that T believed that Sonny had "turned" Will gay.

- Right after that encounter with T, Sonny found Will and impulsively kissed him (since he had been worried about Will's safety after the explosion); Will freaked out, and Sonny criticized Will for not being comfortable in his own skin.

- Will talked to Marlena about everything that had happened.

- Will went to Common Grounds to apologize to Sonny, but he misinterpreted a seemingly intimate moment between Sonny and Brian, and left without saying anything to Sonny, assuming that he had blown his chance.

- Will ran into T again, but they didn't have much of a conversation that time.

- Lucas found Will and chastised him for not being there for Jennifer (who had just lost Jack). Lucas said that he was disappointed in Will, and he urged Will to "be a man". Will took these statements as slams against his sexuality, partially because of all of the other devastating arguments that he had had in a short span of time.

- Will ran into Gabi, who had just had an argument with Chad and was talking about how she wished that she could go back to that time in her life when she and Will were still together. With all of those previous arguments (and Sonny and Brian's close encounter) still rattling around in Will's head, he slept with Gabi in a desperate attempt to try to be the straight man whom he believed that everyone else (including Gabi) wanted him to be.

So, yes, Sonny did play a role in Will and Gabi's one night stand, but he wasn't the only factor. Will even later alludes to this fact when he apologizes to Sonny (after T reveals that Sonny is interested in Will); he tells Sonny that he had misread the situation between Sonny and Brian that night, and adds something like, "And that's when I really messed things up" (with an accompanying flashback of his one night stand with Gabi).

LonePirate
Member Avatar

six
Nov 28 2012, 09:16 PM
Deverauxfan
Quote:

No, that definitely played into it. Will realized that he did want to date with Sonny but when he went to tell him that, he saw Bryan flirting with Sonny and he assumed Sonny had moved on. He left (then he had words with T and Lucas) and ended up in Gabi's bed.

While I have no problems believing a gay man would seek out sex to help him cope with a problem or a bad day, I still think it's absurd that Will had sex with Gabi instead of any of the other gay hotties that populate Salem. Hell, I could buy Will hitting up Sonny and Brian for a threesome before he resorted to sex with Gabi. This story is plot driven crap of the highest magnitude.

Honeybees
Nov 28 2012, 09:21 PM
Whatever the case may be, it seems to me that Will has tried very hard to be honest with everyone here.

Being honest is like being pregnant. You are either honest or you are not just like you are pregnant or you are not. There is no sort of honest. There is no middle ground. As Nick mentioned the other day, it's still a lie of omission. Trying hard to be honest is not good enough unless he succeeds at being honest. Will has failed at being honest so far, at least to everybody except Nick.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 28 2012, 09:33 PM
six
Nov 28 2012, 09:16 PM
Deverauxfan
Quote:

While I have no problems believing a gay man would seek out sex to help him cope with a problem or a bad day, I still think it's absurd that Will had sex with Gabi instead of any of the other gay hotties that populate Salem. Hell, I could buy Will hitting up Sonny and Brian for a threesome before he resorted to sex with Gabi. This story is plot driven crap of the highest magnitude.

Honeybees
Nov 28 2012, 09:21 PM
Whatever the case may be, it seems to me that Will has tried very hard to be honest with everyone here.

Being honest is like being pregnant. You are either honest or you are not just like you are pregnant or you are not. There is no sort of honest. There is no middle ground. As Nick mentioned the other day, it's still a lie of omission. Trying hard to be honest is not good enough unless he succeeds at being honest. Will has failed at being honest so far, at least to everybody except Nick.

But Will isn't intending not to tell Sonny. He's simply granting a favor that he thinks is for Gabi to give her a little time. He's already seen Gabi be pushed and pulled and "loved" by Nick, Sami and Rafe. It seems to be reasonable that he wait before adding Sonny to the whirlwind, though in truth Sonny would probably be more gracious and less of a control freak than Nick, Sami and Rafe. I'm not saying Will is making the right decision, but I don't see it as some sort of homophobic plot on the part of the writers to diminish Wilson. Will is making a bad decision with good motives. My guess is Nick is going to use the idea of not ruining his relationship with Sonny as a way to manipulate an emotionally exhausted Will, and to me that's very soapy.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Eileen is so good that even when I know she's in the wrong I can't help but sympathize with her lol.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Nov 28 2012, 09:49 PM
But Will isn't intending not to tell Sonny. He's simply granting a favor that he thinks is for Gabi to give her a little time. He's already seen Gabi be pushed and pulled and "loved" by Nick, Sami and Rafe. It seems to be reasonable that he wait before adding Sonny to the whirlwind, though in truth Sonny would probably be more gracious and less of a control freak than Nick, Sami and Rafe. I'm not saying Will is making the right decision, but I don't see it as some sort of homophobic plot on the part of the writers to diminish Wilson. Will is making a bad decision with good motives. My guess is Nick is going to use the idea of not ruining his relationship with Sonny as a way to manipulate an emotionally exhausted Will, and to me that's very soapy.
I think you're deadly precise and astute with Sonny being gracious, Will making bad decisions with good motives and Nick manipulating Will. However, despite the subject matter, Will telling Sonny the truth has nothing to do with Gabi. Instead, it has everythnig to do with Will and Sonny and their relationship. Gabi's decision (that is technically Nick's decision) about keeping the paternity a secret is a nonsensical and selfish one. It's also exceptionally stupid and reflects badly on all three charactes, especially Will. Then again, Will has a history of being reluctant to tell the truth regardless of the consequences. I guess he needs to be burned one more time before he finally learns that lesson.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't dislike the turn the John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady story has taken as much as I thought it would. HOWEVER, I really could have done without Brady talking to Marlena like he's her father. I don't mind him being mad. I did mind his tone and even the wording itself. But let's be honest. Brady wasn't even necessary as long as Marlena and Kristen were there making awesome faces at each other.

I don't like Nick. I think this story is pretty good. I wish I liked the characters better. I liked BB and Nick when he was in prison. I think it would have been better for the character if they didn't have him being borderline psychopathic about everything. I think BB would have done well with playing a truly "changed" and good Nick whose past kept coming back to haunt him.

The EJ/Rafe/Sami stuff was all terrible. James and Galen were both terrible in the first scene, and I'm pretty sure GG was doing a Marx brothers impersonation at one point.

Did anyone else detect COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE chemistry with GV and Drake?

peaches179

lysie
Nov 28 2012, 10:45 PM
But let's be honest. Brady wasn't even necessary as long as Marlena and Kristen were there making awesome faces at each other.

LOL!!! He's pointless, imo. But I can deal as long as we continue to get more Marlena/Kristen scenes. :wub2:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The look that Kristen gave Marlena was the best part of the show today!

I am liking the Gabi pregnancy story so far.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Omg is GV hot. I've found my new Pretty. I though you should know. That is all.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 28 2012, 10:16 PM
Honeybees
Nov 28 2012, 09:49 PM
I think you're deadly precise and astute with Sonny being gracious, Will making bad decisions with good motives and Nick manipulating Will. However, despite the subject matter, Will telling Sonny the truth has nothing to do with Gabi. Instead, it has everythnig to do with Will and Sonny and their relationship. Gabi's decision (that is technically Nick's decision) about keeping the paternity a secret is a nonsensical and selfish one. It's also exceptionally stupid and reflects badly on all three charactes, especially Will. Then again, Will has a history of being reluctant to tell the truth regardless of the consequences. I guess he needs to be burned one more time before he finally learns that lesson.
Actually, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. At this point, nobody should know about the baby or its paternity except Gabi and Will and after she decided not to have the abortion, they should have had the opportunity to sit down together and discuss options like how they were going to raise it or whether under the circumstances adoption is the right choice. Then, they should have decided together who they should confide in first. It may have been their respective significant others (and I do think Will could use his boyfriend's support here), it may have been someone like Marlena. They were robbed of this by Sami's interference and wrong assumptions, Taliban Rafe using his police badge to force his way into an abortion clinic (which in most clinics would have had him shot by their well-armed security) and now Nick's control-freakishness. Plus, when to tell people you're pregnant is a tough decision, and most people wait until after the third trimester (Gabi's about there, but still).

I agree that Will needs to tell Sonny, but he's an awful situation, and you're right, he's a character who has a history of being passive and being easily manipulated (his mother and EJ spring to mind). But I just don't see Will doing anything wrong here except trying to make things a little easier for Gabi for a few days. His mistake here, I think, is not telling Nick he needs to talk to Gabi alone so they can discuss what they are going to do about their baby. It actually doesn't have too much to do with Sonny at this point. Neither does it have to do with Nick, Rafe or Sami, either until Will and Gabi have made their decisions. Once Will and Gabi have made some decisions, then absolutely, Will needs to sit down with the man he loves and tell them what their plan is. If and when Will actually decides to hide the truth long-term, well that will be a huge mistake.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 28 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't dislike the turn the John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady story has taken as much as I thought it would. HOWEVER, I really could have done without Brady talking to Marlena like he's her father. I don't mind him being mad. I did mind his tone and even the wording itself. But let's be honest. Brady wasn't even necessary as long as Marlena and Kristen were there making awesome faces at each other.

I don't like Nick. I think this story is pretty good. I wish I liked the characters better. I liked BB and Nick when he was in prison. I think it would have been better for the character if they didn't have him being borderline psychopathic about everything. I think BB would have done well with playing a truly "changed" and good Nick whose past kept coming back to haunt him.

The EJ/Rafe/Sami stuff was all terrible. James and Galen were both terrible in the first scene, and I'm pretty sure GG was doing a Marx brothers impersonation at one point.

Did anyone else detect COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE chemistry with GV and Drake?
Is it any wonder that the Ej/Sami/Rafe scenes aren't so hot..the material is stale and these actors have played the same old same old shit for over 4 years now with the same result and after this show, I don't see things turning out any differently this time either. With what we saw yesterday, plus the tweet AS sent out about Sami wanting to know from Rafe why he was upset that Ej was her boss, I would say the Safe anvils are falling.

six
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Nov 29 2012, 01:35 AM
Omg is GV hot. I've found my new Pretty. I though you should know. That is all.
Yeah, he is. And (at the moment) he's not playing a moron this time, so it's easy to sit back and enjoy the view.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply