Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, November 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 27 2012, 02:47 PM (6,953 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

I forgot one of my big current complaints. Part of the problem with the ejsamirafe stuff is how this show is writing a business story. EJ and Sami sitting in her office with him slouched in his chair is not a compelling boss/employee story. It's not even a story. It's barely even a setting. And they've yet to give us any reason to believe Sami is the slightest bit good at this job other than her telling us she is. We knew now about
Countess W when it was just Kate. People were even talking about using the products a year ago. Now, nothing.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Nov 29 2012, 10:41 AM
lysie
Nov 28 2012, 10:45 PM
I don't dislike the turn the John/Marlena/Kristen/Brady story has taken as much as I thought it would. HOWEVER, I really could have done without Brady talking to Marlena like he's her father. I don't mind him being mad. I did mind his tone and even the wording itself. But let's be honest. Brady wasn't even necessary as long as Marlena and Kristen were there making awesome faces at each other.

I don't like Nick. I think this story is pretty good. I wish I liked the characters better. I liked BB and Nick when he was in prison. I think it would have been better for the character if they didn't have him being borderline psychopathic about everything. I think BB would have done well with playing a truly "changed" and good Nick whose past kept coming back to haunt him.

The EJ/Rafe/Sami stuff was all terrible. James and Galen were both terrible in the first scene, and I'm pretty sure GG was doing a Marx brothers impersonation at one point.

Did anyone else detect COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE chemistry with GV and Drake?
Is it any wonder that the Ej/Sami/Rafe scenes aren't so hot..the material is stale and these actors have played the same old same old shit for over 4 years now with the same result and after this show, I don't see things turning out any differently this time either. With what we saw yesterday, plus the tweet AS sent out about Sami wanting to know from Rafe why he was upset that Ej was her boss, I would say the Safe anvils are falling.
yes I agree, it's so damn boring with the same crap as always, and I am definitely on team EJ, but I want to see him released from this crap! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The Sami/Rafe/EJ scenes were so dull that I forgot they were in this episode when I first came in to comment on it.

camera shy

lysie
Nov 29 2012, 10:51 AM
I forgot one of my big current complaints. Part of the problem with the ejsamirafe stuff is how this show is writing a business story. EJ and Sami sitting in her office with him slouched in his chair is not a compelling boss/employee story. It's not even a story. It's barely even a setting. And they've yet to give us any reason to believe Sami is the slightest bit good at this job other than her telling us she is. We knew now about
Countess W when it was just Kate. People were even talking about using the products a year ago. Now, nothing.
Well according to Kristen, Sami was running the business into the ground and something tells me that was one of few honest things Kristen has said since she's been back in town.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yeah - I have to agree the EJamiafe stuff was the low light of the show. It's just so old and tired - and I agree that it shows in the actor's performances. They could do this shit in their sleep. So apparently they are.

The Wabi pregnancy story is going well so far but I hope BB dials back the psycho crazy eyes a bit. It's a little premature for Nick to be letting his crazy show - even if it's just to the audience. I agree that I'd have rather seen them write it that Nick really is just a genuinely good guy. I do like the dynamic thus far between Gabi and Will - very believable.

Eileen Davidson OWNS that "How do you like me now, bitch?" look that she tosses to Marlena at the most delicious times. LOVE HER!!! I basically forgot that Brady was there. Marlena/Kristen are easily the most entertaining pairing on the show right now - bar none.
Edited by SocRMum1, Nov 29 2012, 11:38 AM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Nov 28 2012, 04:02 PM
Those devious smirks from Kristen to Marlena put a bounce in my step. Marlena may feel as though she is taking action rather than waiting for Kristen to pounce, but the woman is falling into her every trap! Avoid the quicksand Marlena and step up your game!

Was that the big scuffle they needed stunt doubles for? Not much to it.
That's exactly it. I love that Marlena isn't waiting for shit to happen... but she's smarter than THIS. She's certainly the smartest in Salem right now, but she's smarter than falling into every trap Kristen's set.

Eileen Davidson said on twitter that they didn't need the stunt doubles after all, they did it themselves.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 28 2012, 07:14 PM
Love the side glances Kristen gives Marlena when no one else is looking. Davidson seems to be having fun.
Gotta admit, it's been like 14 years, but Deidre and Eileen just jumped right back into it, didn't they? Just watching the way Marlena watches Kristen's "only for Marlena" looks is priceless.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

six
Nov 28 2012, 07:28 PM
DrewHamilton
I just can't get into Vaughan as Eric. He would've made much better Brady
During his scenes with John, I was thinking "Is John sure this isn't his kid?"
Plus, look at RoFaux and look at John. Marlena either cheated on RoFaux or HE IS A FAUX.

lysie
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 29 2012, 11:37 AM
DrewHamilton
Love the side glances Kristen gives Marlena when no one else is looking. Davidson seems to be having fun.
Gotta admit, it's been like 14 years, but Deidre and Eileen just jumped right back into it, didn't they? Just watching the way Marlena watches Kristen's "only for Marlena" looks is priceless.
It's just refreshing that they're letting them be enemies and we didn't have to go through the motions of them pretending to be friendly and forgiving to one another only for one of them to turn around and make the other look like a fool. That's what's happening with John and Brady but I'll take that over Marlena being stupid any day.

I also think Deidre is managing to play just the right amount of panic to make Marlena sympathetic despite her wrong doings and OTT reactions. If she were playing it straighter, this wouldn't be working at all.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Exactly. It's walking a fine line. The writing sucks, but the acting's good!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 29 2012, 10:51 AM
I was thinking something similar yesterday when EJ is waiting for Sami to start the deadline project. Since when did Kristen have time to develop and put her heart and soul into a product that she passes on in the 11th hour for EJ to complete?

At least on YR they have other people working and wandering around to give the vibe that its actually a business. If they were on a deadline the place should have been bustling. There was nothing in those scenes that implied anyone was on a deadline.

Instead of telling me how good at Sami's job she is they could have shown us by having Rafe barge in, Sami excusing herself from a chaotic workroom uncomfortably, deal with her situation and then return to apologize and jumping back in, thus becoming the leader she professes herself to be.

Lil
Member Avatar

Kristen is fucking HILARIOUS! I love her!!!

that's about all i have to say :-)

Lil
Member Avatar

Oh and surprise! Another day of SlamPig flaringher fucking nostrils and throwing shit down on a desk/table/whatever.

I couldn't be more bored with everything except the Kristen stuff and really that is pretty much ALL due to DH and ED.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply