Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 02:18 PM (4,685 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

I really would have liked it if Nicole got her own place and some therapy sessions before she jumped into her next phase of having her whole world revolve around a man. She needs to break the cycle. Right now she is reliant on Eric for a job, some way of occupying her time, a place to live, and a psychiatrist. This is the same mistake she makes over and over. I would have liked it better if Eric encouraged her to do this instead of a contrived situation for the purpose of another rushed romance. Slow it up a bit writers. Nicole needs to establish her own identity before I will be willing to take another pairing of hers seriously. No matter how hot the guy is. This show really needs a strong independent female lead.
Edited by MissLola, Nov 28 2012, 04:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

Funny, but I don't recall one scene this time around when EJ was anxious to divorce Nicole.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 28 2012, 02:45 PM
MissLola
Nov 28 2012, 02:29 PM
I think I will pass on this episode. For the sole purpose of avoiding wet,shirtless Daniel. :puke:
Maybe TIIC are trying to emphasize that Daniel actually does practice personal hygiene, even though his scruffy appearance suggests otherwise. But any show that has all the female characters, including newly returned Caroline, obsessing over Dr. Sleaze sounds like one to miss.

And Jen-Jen crying herself to sleep every night over Jack? I'll believe it when I see it--which means never, because T&W clearly don't think it's important to show Jennifer grieving onscreen instead of having other characters tells us she is. Meanwhile, we're subjected to every nauseating second of her preoccupation with Daniel, Daniel, Daniel.
Too bad he forgot to wash his hair. Even fresh from the shower he still looks like Pig-Pen.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Nov 28 2012, 04:20 PM
Romancer66
Nov 28 2012, 02:45 PM
MissLola
Nov 28 2012, 02:29 PM
I think I will pass on this episode. For the sole purpose of avoiding wet,shirtless Daniel. :puke:
Maybe TIIC are trying to emphasize that Daniel actually does practice personal hygiene, even though his scruffy appearance suggests otherwise. But any show that has all the female characters, including newly returned Caroline, obsessing over Dr. Sleaze sounds like one to miss.

And Jen-Jen crying herself to sleep every night over Jack? I'll believe it when I see it--which means never, because T&W clearly don't think it's important to show Jennifer grieving onscreen instead of having other characters tells us she is. Meanwhile, we're subjected to every nauseating second of her preoccupation with Daniel, Daniel, Daniel.
Too bad he forgot to wash his hair. Even fresh from the shower he still looks like Pig-Pen.
Sounds like something Vic would say. Your picture reminded me of that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

camera shy
Nov 28 2012, 04:15 PM
Funny, but I don't recall one scene this time around when EJ was anxious to divorce Nicole.
It's just more of this show trying to erase history so TPTB can sell the current crap that's airing on our screens. I remember Ej being pretty devastated when Nicole told him their marriage was over. He definitely was not eager for their marriage to end and was still begging Nicole this summer to take him back many months after Nicole learned about his ONS with Sami.

I get this show wants to sell Eric as Nicole's one and only true love, but the fact that they feel the need to continue to destroy Ejole really turns me off not only from this show but from giving Ericole a fair chance. If Days wants me to support what they are currently trying to sell they need to give some respect or at least some acknowledgement toward's a couple's history when ending them instead of destroying everything good about that couple so that their current obsession won't have any competition.
Quote Post Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 28 2012, 04:28 PM
camera shy
It's just more of this show trying to erase history so TPTB can sell the current crap that's airing on our screens. I remember Ej being pretty devastated when Nicole told him their marriage was over. He definitely was not eager for their marriage to end and was still begging Nicole this summer to take him back many months after Nicole learned about his ONS with Sami.

I get this show wants to sell Eric as Nicole's one and only true love, but the fact that they feel the need to continue to destroy Ejole really turns me off not only from this show but from giving Ericole a fair chance. If Days wants me to support what they are currently trying to sell they need to give some respect or at least some acknowledgement toward's a couple's history when ending them instead of destroying everything good about that couple so that their current obsession won't have any competition.
I agree, but I still am pretty confident that Nicole and EJ will return to each other. For one, these writers will be fired again. Just look at the ratings. Their crap will not last long. And two, the only person that has been able to accept Nicole is EJ. Eric is trying now to change her, and Nicole feels like she must change for him. But eventually, she will realize that the safe option (Eric) is not the best option. I think Nicole is nervous that EJ will hurt her again, but I also think she has not been able to shake the love she feels for him. :wub2:

esp13
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
camera shy

What part of the history are they supposed to pay homage to? The part where Nicole lied about two pregnancies? The part where EJ put a tracking bracelet on her? The part where she blackmailed him with evidence about Rafe2 in order to get access to the kids? The part where he slept with her worst enemy? The part where he threatened her and tried to choke her?

I loved a lot of things about EJ and Nicole at various times, but their history is far from some perfect love affair that should be given proper respect by the show. This current version ended very similarly to the way the last version ended -- with a lie about a baby and badly. Plus, there were a bazillion scenes paying homage to the end. EJ begged and pleaded with Nicole to forgive him and we saw Nicole very heartbroken and torn for quite a while -- even after she started the lie.

Having Nicole indicate that EJ is eager to be divorced is not acting like EJ and Nicole never loved each other. It's been months since EJ begged for anything from Nicole and it's clear that both EJ and Nicole have moved on in their lives. That's not destroying their history, it's being true to it since it's exactly what they did before.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

james0479
Nov 28 2012, 03:57 PM
jb1183
Nov 28 2012, 03:43 PM
Maggie's become such a bossy, meddlesome bitch since she found out Daniel was her eggbaby! TPTB want us to see her as "the new Alice" but Alice would never have behaved like this.
Maggie used to be someone I looked forward to seeing. Now she's nails on a chalkboard and has been that way for some time now. While there will never be a new Alice, Julie needs to be the matriarch of this show. Maggie is all over the place.
Maggie has been an annoying busybody for years now. I have never been a fan.

Deleted User
Deleted User

esp13
Nov 28 2012, 04:39 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
camera shy

What part of the history are they supposed to pay homage to? The part where Nicole lied about two pregnancies? The part where EJ put a tracking bracelet on her? The part where she blackmailed him with evidence about Rafe2 in order to get access to the kids? The part where he slept with her worst enemy? The part where he threatened her and tried to choke her?

I loved a lot of things about EJ and Nicole at various times, but their history is far from some perfect love affair that should be given proper respect by the show. This current version ended very similarly to the way the last version ended -- with a lie about a baby and badly. Plus, there were a bazillion scenes paying homage to the end. EJ begged and pleaded with Nicole to forgive him and we saw Nicole very heartbroken and torn for quite a while -- even after she started the lie.

Having Nicole indicate that EJ is eager to be divorced is not acting like EJ and Nicole never loved each other. It's been months since EJ begged for anything from Nicole and it's clear that both EJ and Nicole have moved on in their lives. That's not destroying their history, it's being true to it since it's exactly what they did before.
To me the fact that they refuse to acknowledge that Ejole even loved each other equates at least for me Ejole being destroyed or thrown under the bus for TomSell's latest obsession. And for the record I wasn't asking for a homage just a simple acknowledgement. I'm pretty easy to please. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

he says what are you going to do about money
she says i have savings left over from my previous jobs
and you would be surprised at how much ej is willing to fork over just to be divorced from me
he says it would help to fill your days

So she has all this money but had to live with Jennifer? A little consistency would be nice.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

WillFan
Nov 28 2012, 03:28 PM
Days Preview 11-29-12

http://youtu.be/ddtgacM2nu4

Hope, Kayla, Roman, Caroline, Eric, Nicole, Kristen, Brady, John, Mar, & others
Ericole :wub: :wub: :wub:

Dannifer sound like a pair of horny teenagers. Disgusting. :puke: And poor Abby is back to being a Dannifer prop. How about giving her an actual storyline? Waste of a talented actress. She should have a bigger role in Gabi's story.

monie1973

I will wait and watch on Friday when Sonny is back. Its good to see Caroline again though.

esp13
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 28 2012, 04:55 PM
esp13
Nov 28 2012, 04:39 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
camera shy

To me the fact that they refuse to acknowledge that Ejole even loved each other equates at least for me Ejole being destroyed or thrown under the bus for TomSell's latest obsession. And for the record I wasn't asking for a homage just a simple acknowledgement. I'm pretty easy to please. We will just have to agree to disagree.
When have they refused to acknowledge that?

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Love that throwaway line about Nic hearing Jen cry herself to sleep at night over Jack. Is that supposed to make Jen's near-instantaneous pining for Daniel more acceptable to viewers? Not happening over here folks, but thanks anyway.

Love Ericole, love Kristen...what can I say? The show's been in a serious rut for awhile but hope springs eternal and things are picking up from where I'm sitting.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

james0479
Nov 28 2012, 03:49 PM
"...and right after Jack died. Poor Jennifer"

Gag me with an umbrella. Jack wouldnt have died if Jenn and Co had spent two extra seconds holding the elevator door open. Plus Saint JennHO took it upon herself to verbally assault a very pregnant Nicole at every turn...and fell back in Twu Wuv with Dr. Baby Penis Stabber in two seconds after Jack died after Dr Orange Glow Spermslut banged Nicole. Just shut the fuck up writers! As much as I'm enjoying most of the show right now, my FF button is in overdrive during Jenn/Daniel scenes. Screw those bitches.
OMG! I love you! I just spit food all over my iPad reading this. I have nickname giver envy! :hail:

Tibi
Member Avatar

camera shy
I don't think that's true. And, they haven't shown one scene that suggests that is the case at all. I think it's all about Nicole's perceptions. She really believes that EJ doesn't love her, and so she believes he's be happy to be divorced from her. Nothing that EJ has done at all since February even remotely shows that he wants their marriage to be over. I think it just shows what is always true about Ejole, one or both of them truly believes the other doesn't love them because of the lies they've told & things they have done, when it reality they both do really love each other and want the same things. So I don't think the writers are actually trying to say that's true, it's just showing that's what Nicole believes, that EJ doesn't love her and doesn't want to be married to her anymore.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Tibi
Nov 28 2012, 05:47 PM
camera shy
I don't think that's true. And, they haven't shown one scene that suggests that is the case at all. I think it's all about Nicole's perceptions. She really believes that EJ doesn't love her, and so she believes he's be happy to be divorced from her. Nothing that EJ has done at all since February even remotely shows that he wants their marriage to be over. I think it just shows what is always true about Ejole, one or both of them truly believes the other doesn't love them because of the lies they've told & things they have done, when it reality they both do really love each other and want the same things. So I don't think the writers are actually trying to say that's true, it's just showing that's what Nicole believes, that EJ doesn't love her and doesn't want to be married to her anymore.
How does EJ chasing Sami for the last 4 months demonstrate that he still loves Nicole? If anything, it demonstrates that he's moved on with his life and she needs to do same.

Deleted User
Deleted User

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 28 2012, 06:00 PM
Tibi
Nov 28 2012, 05:47 PM
camera shy
How does EJ chasing Sami for the last 4 months demonstrate that he still loves Nicole? If anything, it demonstrates that he's moved on with his life and she needs to do same.
There's several instances in the past where it appeared that Ejole had moved on from one another but one way or the other they found their way back to each other. I have no doubt that one day they'll eventually come full circle and deal with their issues. There's way too much unfinished business that still needs to be dealt with.

In the meantime though I'll be thankful just to see Dicole done and over with. :pray:
Quote Post Goto Top

Sparrow

This show makes me want to punch it in the throat some times.

Quote:

he says there is something else you have to do to improve the quality of your life
you have to make things right with Daniel Jonas

"The poor man only wanted to get his dick a little wet, and you went ahead and developed hopeless, desperate feelings for him and let him lead you on. Aren't you ashamed of yourself? You owe him a serious apology. In fact, you owe everyone in Salem an apology. Here people are, trying to live their own lives, and you have to go and lose your baby and make people feel a tiny bit sorry for you. Don't you feel like such a total bitch, making people feel bad like that? And really, getting pregnant in the first place with EJ's baby, and getting Rafe all hot and excited thinking EJ had another baby on the way for him to pretend to be the father to? Now the baby is gone, and he only has two of EJ's children to parent. You owe him an apology too. Let's see... you owe Hope and all the rest of the Hortons apologies for the half a second they worried about Jen while she was in prison. I mean, sure... they all assumed that you threw yourself down the stairs on purpose just so you could kill your baby and pin it on Jen, like the worthless, lying, hateful scum you are. If I were you, I might just take an ad out in the Salem Spectator with a big picture of yourself that says "I am Nicole Walker and I acknowledge that I am the worst human being in the world. See me at The Horton Square, where I will allow you to spit on me and apologize to you for existing in the first place."

This is tiring. Caroline and Roman randomly sitting in the pub talking about what a horrible person she is? I know this is supposed to be building angst or something, but gah give it a rest already. Over it. Nicole needs to have a drink and punch a bitch soon.

Alligato
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Nov 28 2012, 03:00 PM
Eric needs to cut it with this Nicole needs to apologise to the whole town routine, she doesn't need to be wasting away with the likes Dan/Maggie/Jen.
The funny thing is why he won't tell her to apologize to EJ? Out of all the guys, EJ is the one she duped the most. If I'm not mistaken, she never asked Daniel to lie for her nor Rafe. The one she needs to apologize to is EJ...then again, I don't think I've ever seen a character apologize to anyone as much as Nicole. Rapists haven't apologize to their victims, but Nicole apologizes for fooling Jennifer for a couple of hours?
And if someone says "poor Jennifer" one more time... :flipoff:
Glad Nicole has a job though!

This episode sounds like crap!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply