Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Episode # 12001 Complete Scene-By-Scene; Wedding fever!
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 10:42 PM (33,822 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

I like the Kristen storyline and I mostly like Will & Sonny and the baby story, so I'd like to see the too stories cross. But the only thing I can think of would be that Will & Sonny are supposed to hate Kristen, but they can't help themselves and end up writing a cabaret show about how awesome she is, making Marlena even more upset.

Truthfully, Marlena should be able to tease out Will's secret over coffee. He desperately needs someone to confide it. I'd be happy if it were either Marlena or Kate.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

lysie
Jan 1 2013, 03:47 PM
AFaithL
Jan 1 2013, 03:46 PM
Can someone explain to me WHY TomSell has removed Marlena from Will's life? Especially since that relationship was beloved and popular? And Deidre and Chandler have outstanding chemistry? It makes ZERO sense. Marlena should be in the thick of things and having soul-searching conversations with Will.

I don't know WTF TomSell is doing. They are isolating Marlena from her childrens and grandchildren's lives. Marlena is a mother and grandmother. We should see her with Eric and Sami and Will and the other Grandkids. There's no reason to have Maggie have lots of touchy feeling scenes with Daniel and Jennifer, yet isolate Marlena from her family. We should be seeing her in warm and fuzzy scenes with her family, too.

Shame on TomSell for destroying the family bond.
I assume it's because it was something done under MarDar. The only thing of MarDar's they haven't undone is Daniel's maternity, and I bet Tomlin is just kicking himself for not thinking of it first.
Well that's petty and childish. Just because another writer created something good doesn't mean you have to demolish it. 90% of what MarDar did sucked, but the "Willena" bond was a rare gem. To deny the audience that relationship simply because you have issues with the previous headwriting team is mean-spirited. I'd much rather watch Marlena/Will than Kate/Will any day of the week.

lysie
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 1 2013, 04:01 PM
lysie
AFaithL
Can someone explain to me WHY TomSell has removed Marlena from Will's life? Especially since that relationship was beloved and popular? And Deidre and Chandler have outstanding chemistry? It makes ZERO sense. Marlena should be in the thick of things and having soul-searching conversations with Will.

I don't know WTF TomSell is doing. They are isolating Marlena from her childrens and grandchildren's lives. Marlena is a mother and grandmother. We should see her with Eric and Sami and Will and the other Grandkids. There's no reason to have Maggie have lots of touchy feeling scenes with Daniel and Jennifer, yet isolate Marlena from her family. We should be seeing her in warm and fuzzy scenes with her family, too.

I assume it's because it was something done under MarDar. The only thing of MarDar's they haven't undone is Daniel's maternity, and I bet Tomlin is just kicking himself for not thinking of it first.
Well that's petty and childish. Just because another writer created something good doesn't mean you have to demolish it. 90% of what MarDar did sucked, but the "Willena" bond was a rare gem. To deny the audience that relationship simply because you have issues with the previous headwriting team is mean-spirited. I'd much rather watch Marlena/Will than Kate/Will any day of the week.
I don't want it to be one or the other, but otherwise I agree. I'm pretty disappointed she won't be there for the reveal, and I'm doubtful that we'll get anything with her in regards to this story in the aftermath either.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 1 2013, 04:01 PM
lysie
AFaithL

Tomlin's ego is bigger than his brain.

michr544125

As soon as Will finally came out and got together with Sonny, Marlena was dropped from the story. I agree it is a bummer. I didn't want to see them together all the time but at least show them together sometimes and show some kind of connection with her in Will's story. The lat time we saw them together was right after Will got together with Sonny at the coffee house in those scenes that made no sense between John and Sonny. It would have made sense to incorporate Marlena more directly since it was Marlena (and later Sonny) that Will told that he made a huge mistake "that night" in reference to sleeping with Gabi. Sad when Marlena seems more important to Gabi in this story than to Will :rolleyes: .

Just as I bet we barely see any fallout with Adrienne and Justin in this story even know we just had scenes again with Adrienne telling Kate how wrong she was to doubt Will. It just seems like so far this baby story is just to put Gabi front and center and set up Sami vs. Rafe than it is to incorporate a true umbrella story for lots of characters.
Edited by michr544125, Jan 1 2013, 04:17 PM.

cord08

AFaithL
LanaluvsBroe
Dec 26 2012, 10:04 PM
cord08
Dec 26 2012, 09:59 PM
Honestly, I'll be disappointed if Marlena isn't one of the final guests. Her presence would certainly have more impact for characters like Will, Gabi, and Nick than Billie.
TomSell have successfully undid MarDar's writing and removed Marlena from Will's life. Which is a damn shame, since the relationship between Will & Marlena was one of the few things MarDar did right.
It's disgusting!!
Yeah, I'm now officially disappointed knowing that Marlena won't be there. What a missed opportunity. I guess it was more important that Billie be present. :rolleyes:

AFaithL

I don't know if Tomlin has an issue with the character of Marlena or what, but she should not be isolated from her kids and Grandkids. I think Tomlin believes Marlena encroaches on his view that Sami is the "lead heroine" on the show. Sorry, dude. Marlena >>> Sami. Now and forever.

annie21

BradyB
Jan 1 2013, 03:49 PM
Bet it hasn't been undone as Suzanne Rogers likes the idea and Tomlin seems to like and listen to her.
Well if it's true that GT and SR are close, then maybe Eggbaby was concocted between the two of them before he was fired, and it was something SR (and MB) lobbied MarDar to keep? If that's the case, then it's really too bad for them, because that was considered one of their earliest and most egregious missteps.

annie21

AFaithL
Jan 1 2013, 04:22 PM
I don't know if Tomlin has an issue with the character of Marlena or what, but she should not be isolated from her kids and Grandkids. I think Tomlin believes Marlena encroaches on his view that Sami is the "lead heroine" on the show. Sorry, dude. Marlena >>> Sami. Now and forever.
Well, Tomlin was the one who got rid of John and Marlena last time, when he fired Deidre and Drake. So, yeah, one could assume they're not among his favorites.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It is sad. Marlena and Will had this good connection AND it kept both characters from being totally dominated by one storyline.

bomber
Member Avatar

I know Chad's the obvious 20th character but I remember that Cameron was in the photos that were tweeted when the weddng was filmed and he was all dressed up. Could Chad cause trouble without actually attending the wedding?

michr544125

bomber
Jan 1 2013, 06:53 PM
I know Chad's the obvious 20th character but I remember that Cameron was in the photos that were tweeted when the weddng was filmed and he was all dressed up. Could Chad cause trouble without actually attending the wedding?
DH also posted a picture of her and Freddie the day the wedding was taped which is why I thought Marlena would be here since she's never a posted a picture of her Freddie but it seems she's not at the wedding :shrug: . Unless she is involved after for Sonny and Will to talk to. I just can't see Chad not being the last person.
Edited by michr544125, Jan 1 2013, 07:04 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

michr544125
Jan 1 2013, 07:02 PM
bomber
DH also posted a picture of her and Freddie the day the wedding was taped which is why I thought Marlena would be here but it seems that's not the case :shrug: . I just can't see Chad not being the last person.
Deidre doesn't typically post her pics the day she takes them. I don't remember the pic with Sonny, but I'd be willing to bet that it was an old pic when she posted it.

annie21

Also, they tape several episodes in one day, so other people could have been in the studio that taping day, but not in a particular episode. '

ETA: Since that was the time of the 12,000th episode, some people could have just showed up for the party.

Edited by annie21, Jan 1 2013, 07:12 PM.

michr544125

lysie
Jan 1 2013, 07:04 PM
michr544125
Jan 1 2013, 07:02 PM
bomber
DH also posted a picture of her and Freddie the day the wedding was taped which is why I thought Marlena would be here but it seems that's not the case :shrug: . I just can't see Chad not being the last person.
Deidre doesn't typically post her pics the day she takes them. I don't remember the pic with Sonny, but I'd be willing to bet that it was an old pic when she posted it.
Must have just been coincidence. I've been trying to find Sonny wearing the shirt on the show from the picture but haven't found it yet :lol: . I thought it was weird because she didn't look dressed up. But it looked like Freddie had a button down that could be used to wear to a wedding that is why I assume it was for the wedding but didn't realize she doesn't normally post pics from the same day.
Edited by michr544125, Jan 1 2013, 07:07 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Jan 1 2013, 07:05 PM
Also, they tape several episodes in one day, so other people could have been in the studio that taping day, but not in a particular episode. '

ETA: Since that was the time of the 12,000th episode, some people could have just showed up for the party.

I had forgotten about the party. That would explain why N.O. was there so I guess Chad is the 20th.

michr544125

I believe the anniversary party was before the wedding was taped. Going by Melissa R and Blake B tweets, the wedding seemed to be taped Oct 8. The anniversary I thought was before that.

Edited by michr544125, Jan 1 2013, 07:40 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

michr544125
Jan 1 2013, 07:37 PM
Going by Melissa R and Blake B tweets, the wedding seemed to be taped Oct 8. The anniversary I thought was before that.

The wedding scenes were taped on October 8.

lysie
Member Avatar

The anniversary and the 12,000th episode are two separate things.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 1 2013, 08:23 PM
The anniversary and the 12,000th episode are two separate things.
I think the 12000 anniversary celebration was on Sept. 28.
Edited by gailwinters, Jan 1 2013, 08:26 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply