Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jennifer Collapses!; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:09 PM (6,199 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

It's like...I don't really care because the story is stupid regardless, but it makes NO sense that Daniel is this mad at Jennifer over this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

SoapGal1
Nov 29 2012, 12:10 AM
Dear Tomlin, Corday, & other Dumbasses,

WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING SHIT ABOUT DAN SAVING JEN'S LIFE.

He did this last year, remember??

HE HELD HER HEART IN HIS HANDS!!

It was lame then & it's lame & repetitive now.

Bite me,
SoapGal
Last year her heart. This year her appendix. Tune in next year when he removes her spleen. :rolleyes:

At this rate, Jennifer's going to run out of internal organs for Daniel to fondle. Clearly she's already forfeited her brain, or she wouldn't have gotten involved with Dr. Sleaze in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 29 2012, 12:19 AM
SoapGal1
Nov 29 2012, 12:10 AM
Dear Tomlin, Corday, & other Dumbasses,

WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING SHIT ABOUT DAN SAVING JEN'S LIFE.

He did this last year, remember??

HE HELD HER HEART IN HIS HANDS!!

It was lame then & it's lame & repetitive now.

Bite me,
SoapGal
Last year her heart. This year her appendix. Tune in next year when he removes her spleen. :rolleyes:

At this rate, Jennifer's going to run out of internal organs for Daniel to fondle. Clearly she's already forfeited her brain, or she wouldn't have gotten involved with Dr. Sleaze in the first place.
It should've been her colon.

Then it would match this shitty story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Well, given where the appendix is located... never mind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

nocturnalblondie
Nov 28 2012, 11:13 PM
lysie
Nov 28 2012, 11:09 PM
Daniel doesn't like the idea of someone trying to fix him...
Oh, of course not... that's his job.

But what the hell is wrong with this guy, is he bipolar? I'm watching (on and off mind you, due to exam season)... but last time I watched the two were all gaga for each other. Now he wants nothing to do with her? WTF?
Obviously Dan doesn't know/follow the golden rule: "Treat others how you would like to be treated." Or maybe he does since he likes to sex up all of his patients.

Honestly, this thread has me in tears....of laughter. Thanks, everyone.
Edited by cord08, Nov 29 2012, 12:43 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Daniel decides to go to the Horton cabin to get some time to himself to regroup. When Nicole finds out, she goes to check on him. Says Christian, "It's a dynamic that the two share. They have each other's back."

In other words, he runs away from his problems. But since it's Daniel, his constantly running away is perfectly acceptable. They have each other's back? When has Daniel ever had Nicole's back? Was it when he used her for sex? Or when Jennifer was jumping down her throat at every given chance? Or maybe when he threw her under the bus in front of everyone in the Horton living room? Had her back? No, he had her backside. Because that's all he ever wanted.

And the how the hell do you suddenly collapse in pain from appendicitis? Do these dumbasses even do any research on medical conditions? If she had appendicitis, she wouldn't be on her feet in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^It's called spontaneous resolving appendicitis, accept Jennifer's didn't resolve.

Betcha TPTB are going to have Jennifer come out and say that she's been experiencing a whole a lot of pain lately, and was confused by it all because she thought her 'pain' was over losing Jack!

Wouldn't put it pass these buggers, everything's been Jack's fault for the last 20+ years.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 29 2012, 09:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

What has SC been smoking? What dynamic does Daniel share with Nicole? He sexes her up, promised her, left her, promised her again, left her again, admits he loves another woman, not her, saves her from committing suicide, ignores her, forgives her and now does a 360 and chooses her over Jen-Jen.......he's got a lot more than hand tremors going on. Sick screwing doctor... that needs to take himself out of his own misery.

I am beginning to hate the Horton Cabin.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I'm cautiously optimistic about the part where Nicole shows up. Maybe they'll share snarky banter, like they did before.

As for the rest of this - it's the worst kind of love story. He likes her, she likes him and there's absolutely nothing standing in their way, so why don't they just get back together?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^ because the cupid arrow thing isn't until february and/or Jennifer's suddenly fears the devil, for all her henious past actions and behaviour.
Or with all of TomSell's new religious aspects falling into each of their SLs... Jennifer's back to playing a virginous widow (i am not sure I even know what that means). lol!!!
TPTB know it's too soon for St. Jen to lustfully want another man, after her loving and commited partner of 20 years, fell down a god damn elevator shaft.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 29 2012, 11:56 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

She must collapse of asphyxia because Dan takes her breath away....

bah-dum-dum
Edited by mer4santo, Nov 29 2012, 11:58 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 29 2012, 11:53 AM
TPTB know it's too soon for St. Jen to lustfully want another man, after her loving and commited partner of 20 years, fell down a god damn elevator shaft.
Do they? Because it seems to me that the only thing Jen is waiting for is Daniel to turn on the runway lights and guide her into his bed.

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but he's the one distancing himself from her, so if Days is stalling because of Jack's death, it'd be nice if they'd work that angle into the story. At this point Jen's only goal in life seems to be finding ways into Daniel's life. She's basically the Abby to his Austin, except that he claims he actually loves her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

END.THIS.NOW
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

This Dannifer storyline is truly the worst on the show, yes even worse than the vortex of suck. They need to blow up it and take Jennifer and Daniel in totally different directions.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

@six: Yes, Daniel is distancing himself from Jennifer, but only because after he told her he still loved her, she didn't reply in kind. He was expecting her to admit to her feelings when he visited her in her office, and he told Maggie later he was disappointed that Jennifer only wanted to tell him about the clinical trial.

A big problem here is we are getting next to nothing from Jennifer. We're being told by others that she's in mourning, that she still loves Jack. But Jennifer herself never says anything. She doesn't even say, "Yes, you're right." We get silence. When Maggie chided Jennifer for feeling guilty because she can't tell Daniel she loves him, Jennifer didn't say anything. She will neither confirm nor deny. What she does say is that all her stalkerish, obsessive actions are about friendship and about helping Dan when she couldn't help her husband. We're left to conclude that she's either lying or she's delusional. Neither option is very appealing.

Neither the writing nor MR's acting choices is giving us any indication of real depth of feeling on Jennifer's part. It's all too vague and superficial.

ETA: @JtSmarts: Yes, I agree, this is by far the worst storyline on the show. The more the writers force it on us, the lower they become in my esteem (which was pretty low to begin with).
Edited by annie21, Nov 29 2012, 12:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

It might have been better if they treated the Dan/Jen reunion more like you do a bandaid, just rip that sucker off. Two weeks and done, not like 15 weeks of nonsense with a fairly obvious conclusion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 29 2012, 12:38 PM
@six: Yes, Daniel is distancing himself from Jennifer, but only because after he told her he still loved her, she didn't reply in kind. He was expecting her to admit to her feelings when he visited her in her office, and he told Maggie later he was disappointed that Jennifer only wanted to tell him about the clinical trial.

I think he's been distant with her since the story started, way back when Nicole was still pregnant and Jennifer took a sudden interest in trying to save him from her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 29 2012, 12:49 PM
It might have been better if they treated the Dan/Jen reunion more like you do a bandaid, just rip that sucker off. Two weeks and done, not like 15 weeks of nonsense with a fairly obvious conclusion.
My great fear is that they are stringing it out, especially compared to the other insta-romances, because they are trying to make this into a "supercouple" type romance. They are going to drag out the angst for ages so that we know they are "meant" to be together. :drunk: I think we're going to get Jen stall and say it's because of Jack. And we'll have Abby etc saying it's what he would have wanted but I can't see people (outside of Salemites) buying it. After spending 4 months chasing Dan to suddenly say she is mourning Jack just wont wash.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

bomber
Nov 29 2012, 01:10 PM
px780
My great fear is that they are stringing it out, especially compared to the other insta-romances, because they are trying to make this into a "supercouple" type romance. They are going to drag out the angst for ages so that we know they are "meant" to be together. :drunk: I think we're going to get Jen stall and say it's because of Jack. And we'll have Abby etc saying it's what he would have wanted but I can't see people (outside of Salemites) buying it. After spending 4 months chasing Dan to suddenly say she is mourning Jack just wont wash.
I fully expect them to deliver some kind of letter from Jack to Jen blessing the Dan/Jen union when it all goes down. That's when they'll have Jen really talk about her feelings for a moment, and it'll all be OK'd so we can all move on, together.

I just wish they'd get through it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

px780
Actually I like your approach. I would have preferred it over this long drawn out version.
Bringing Dannifer up to supercouple status takes a lot of time and effort. I think we are in for the long haul. The push and pull being showed & shoved down our throats is inevitable. The fact that they aren't sexing it up is suppose to be meaningful. TPTB want Dan to prevail, so until they change their mind on this, I think Dannifer is her to stay....
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 29 2012, 01:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic