Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jennifer Collapses!; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:09 PM (6,196 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 29 2012, 01:13 PM
bomber
Nov 29 2012, 01:10 PM
px780
Nov 29 2012, 12:49 PM
It might have been better if they treated the Dan/Jen reunion more like you do a bandaid, just rip that sucker off. Two weeks and done, not like 15 weeks of nonsense with a fairly obvious conclusion.
My great fear is that they are stringing it out, especially compared to the other insta-romances, because they are trying to make this into a "supercouple" type romance. They are going to drag out the angst for ages so that we know they are "meant" to be together. :drunk: I think we're going to get Jen stall and say it's because of Jack. And we'll have Abby etc saying it's what he would have wanted but I can't see people (outside of Salemites) buying it. After spending 4 months chasing Dan to suddenly say she is mourning Jack just wont wash.
I fully expect them to deliver some kind of letter from Jack to Jen blessing the Dan/Jen union when it all goes down. That's when they'll have Jen really talk about her feelings for a moment, and it'll all be OK'd so we can all move on, together.

I just wish they'd get through it.
This so wouldn't surprise me. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 29 2012, 01:24 PM
px780
It might have been better if they treated the Dan/Jen reunion more like you do a bandaid, just rip that sucker off. Two weeks and done, not like 15 weeks of nonsense with a fairly obvious conclusion.
Actually I like your approach. I would have preferred it over this long drawn out version.
Bringing Dannifer up to supercouple status takes a lot of time and effort. I think we are in for the long haul. The push and pull being showed & shoved down our throats is inevitable. The fact that they aren't sexing it up is suppose to be meaningful. TPTB want Dan to prevail, so until they change their mind on this, I think Dannifer is her to stay....
Daniel and Jennifer will never NEVER be a supercouple. They cannot hold a candle to Days' real supercouples, one of which is J & J. They have no substance, no chemistry and no story without a 3rd party. I don't care about the writers. That SOD poll should be a wake up call to them about their precious Dannifer. Jack & Jen were the real thing. Jack had a legitamite reason to push Jennifer away. Daniel pushes her away because his shaky hands didn't get cured? His shaky hands didn't stop him from boinking other women. And then the minute Jack dies he's suddenly in love with Jen again? Please. Jack pushed Jen away but he never stopped loving her. Daniel's gone from loving Jen, to loving Nicole to loving Jennifer again in less than a year. That's not a supercouple. That's not even love. The only person Daniel truly loves is himself.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 29 2012, 01:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

IA, Other than having Jen get ill or sick or have life threatening escapades to drive this couple together... nothing will ever work. Dannifer's dynamic is boring.

How about if Dr. D gets drunk & drugged one night, by someone from the Evil dimera clan, not knowing that Dan is crazed by the narrcotics and he rapes Nicole. Nobody believes Nicole because she's the town slut. Good old Dr. Daniel is forced come to terms with his actions & with the love and support of Jennifer by his side, he is able to get through it. Dan has to spend time in the slammer for his bad behaviour and he and Jennifer are forced to spend time a part.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 29 2012, 01:39 PM
Dreamer
Nov 29 2012, 01:24 PM
px780
Actually I like your approach. I would have preferred it over this long drawn out version.
Bringing Dannifer up to supercouple status takes a lot of time and effort. I think we are in for the long haul. The push and pull being showed & shoved down our throats is inevitable. The fact that they aren't sexing it up is suppose to be meaningful. TPTB want Dan to prevail, so until they change their mind on this, I think Dannifer is her to stay....
Daniel and Jennifer will never NEVER be a supercouple. They cannot hold a candle to Days' real supercouples, one of which is J & J. They have no substance, no chemistry and no story without a 3rd party. I don't care about the writers. That SOD poll should be a wake up call to them about their precious Dannifer. Jack & Jen were the real thing. Jack had a legitamite reason to push Jennifer away. Daniel pushes her away because his shaky hands didn't get cured? His shaky hands didn't stop him from boinking other women. And then the minute Jack dies he's suddenly in love with Jen again? Please. Jack pushed Jen away but he never stopped loving her. Daniel's gone from loving Jen, to loving Nicole to loving Jennifer again in less than a year. That's not a supercouple. That's not even love. The only person Daniel truly loves is himself.
The harder TIIC push, the more the audience pushes back. The more they shove Dannifer down viewers' throats, the more viewers gag and try to retch this couple back up like the rancid crap they are. And it's ironic because if T&W had backed off on trying to sell Daniel as the premier leading man on the show, the successor to Tom Horton's medical legacy, Jack's romantic replacement, and the BESTEST GUY EVAH, they might not have had such a violent, visceral anti-Dannifer reaction--not this soon, anyway.

As it is, they're beating the audience over the head with all these plot contrivances designed to show how Dannifer are MEANT TO BE. And instead of falling in line like good little sheep, a hefty portion of the audience is instead screaming "DO NOT WANT!" Even viewers who were pro-Dannifer the first time around are now saying, "No thanks."

The SOD poll should be a wake-up call that this pairing isn't working, no matter what T&W do. A smarter, less lazy, less egotistical writing team would cut their losses, send both characters in different directions, and not even try to re-pair them a third time. I'm not optimistic that T&W will see the light on their own, so I'm going to hope that someone above them realizes what a clusterfuck Dannifer 2.0 is and makes them pull the plug.

Something is very wrong when viewers are actually rooting for the Sweetheart of Salem to succumb to appendicitis. Or ridiculing her rather than sympathizing with her plight.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Serious question though, can Jennifer collapse off a conveniently situated cliff? It'd be much appreciated.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Dannifer is among the worst things I've seen on soap opera. But this thread is a kick. It's so awful it's funny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
SnB Fan

I have enjoy reading everyone's responses and I couldn't agree more. I would just like to add my two cents regarding Dannifer:

Posted Image

^^^Word..

Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Nov 29 2012, 06:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

I don't buy SOD, what was the poll?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Chelsea
Nov 29 2012, 07:16 PM
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

six
Nov 29 2012, 01:00 PM
annie21
Nov 29 2012, 12:38 PM
@six: Yes, Daniel is distancing himself from Jennifer, but only because after he told her he still loved her, she didn't reply in kind. He was expecting her to admit to her feelings when he visited her in her office, and he told Maggie later he was disappointed that Jennifer only wanted to tell him about the clinical trial.

I think he's been distant with her since the story started, way back when Nicole was still pregnant and Jennifer took a sudden interest in trying to save him from her.
That's true. At first, he wouldn't go near her because she was dealing with the funeral, etc. (And of course he was still extracting himself from his fling with Nicole by trying to dump her repeatedly. He had his shaky hands full with that.) But, to me, it's all about Daniel's ego -- he hates to lose, he doesn't want to compete with the memory of a beloved dead husband, so he decides to withdraw. It's not about love, it's not about self-sacrifice, it's about ego.

I dunno. I feel like the writers went at this whole storyline top down. It's like they said, okay, we'll kill off Jack in August. Then we'll have Dannifer together by New Year's (or February sweeps or whatever). In the meantime, we'll have to think up some angsty things that will keep them apart. So all of these things that Daniel and Jennifer are doing represent them just going through the obligatory motions of staying apart until such time as the writers deem enough time has passed. That's why it all seems superficial and nonsensical. It's not a real organic story, but rather manufactured angst that slots the characters into some kind of formulaic equation the writers think correspond to what a soapy romantic pairing should look like.

They're checking off boxes rather than actually writing a good story. And it's just not working.

Edited by annie21, Nov 29 2012, 07:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 29 2012, 07:34 PM
Chelsea
Posted Image
That's awesome, thanks for posting it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Nov 29 2012, 05:03 PM
Serious question though, can Jennifer collapse off a conveniently situated cliff? It'd be much appreciated.
:soapbox: I'd prefer Nicole do that. Was such a shame that she didn't slice her throat the other day, lol! I'd trade Daniel for Jack, bring back Melissa and Sarah for Maggie.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Nov 29 2012, 08:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

That poll...holy shit. In a weird way, they've done the impossible and brought Days fans together.

I wish it were broken down between those who think it's too soon and those who think they sucked in round 1. I'm curious whether more people fall on one side or another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 29 2012, 08:37 PM
That poll...holy shit. In a weird way, they've done the impossible and brought Days fans together.

I wish it were broken down between those who think it's too soon and those who think they sucked in round 1. I'm curious whether more people fall on one side or another.
The fans may agree they hate it but perversely it seems it's the one storyline that Tomlin's going to dig in his heels and stick to. Maybe Tomlin, Corday and Whitesell make up the 4 percent?
Online Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

That poll makes me smile. They fired Matthew Ashford for this shit and look where it got them.

Posted Image

Losers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

HJBJDJ

LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
LOL to what Melissa Reeves said last year in an interview, ~ that her pairing with Daniel is the only one that the fans have ever accepted her in other than Jack. Yeah a whopping 4% LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarlD2

Maybe he can do a heart transplant for her at the cabin. She wakes up and tells everyone that thanks to Daniel, she can live forever, due to her new heart being made of Cheerios, Special K, Wanchai Ferry, Midol, and Frosted Flakes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

world50

HJBJDJ
Nov 29 2012, 10:27 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
LOL to what Melissa Reeves said last year in an interview, ~ that her pairing with Daniel is the only one that the fans have ever accepted her in other than Jack. Yeah a whopping 4% LOL
Well it just goes to show you how much she knows. :moon:
I'm a newbie on this board ,and I am sooo glad I do have people who feel the same way I do.This version of Jennifer stinks to the high heavens and the constant "immortalizing"of Dan is one of the worst of any character I've ever seen on a soap.Where even are these 04%that like them? :shrug:
How can Corday do this to the show. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

HJBJDJ
Nov 29 2012, 10:27 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
At this point I don't think I could accept any of Daniel's pairings. I wish he would take his surfboard and jazz hands or whatever the fuck he has and just leave. :wave:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

nocturnalblondie
Nov 29 2012, 09:30 PM
That poll makes me smile. They fired Matthew Ashford for this shit and look where it got them.

Posted Image

Losers.
I think Matthew Ashford's talent exceeds the talent of so many of the actors on this show.....
It probably came down to something like this: "Our writers are unable to right for such a rich and layered character like Jack, we just don't do that anymore here at DAYS" From the other actors POV. "We can't compete with him, his character or the history of JnJ."

GH's soap motto:"When you got it, flaunt it!"
DAYS' soap motto: "When you got it, toss it!"

Edited by Dreamer, Nov 30 2012, 02:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic