Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jennifer Collapses!; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:09 PM (6,192 Views)
NicoleLVR

The Horton Cabin, really? He's going to tell Jennifer to get out of her family's cabin the fucking audacity of this prick. And they just won't let Dicole die fast and quick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Jennifer collapses. Hopefully, she won't get back up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 29 2012, 07:34 PM
Chelsea
Nov 29 2012, 07:16 PM
I don't buy SOD, what was the poll?
Posted Image
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

All 7 Dannifer fans turned out strong though, I'll give them that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Nov 30 2012, 03:37 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image

See, I'm a Dannifer fan, but now I just cannot stand them! It is a combination of Daniel being worshipped and overshown, Jennifer acting bitchy and being overshown, and Jack just died. If they reunite in spring, fine, but give them some time!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Daysdegrassi
Nov 30 2012, 03:59 PM
DesignatedShelley
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image

See, I'm a Dannifer fan, but now I just cannot stand them! It is a combination of Daniel being worshipped and overshown, Jennifer acting bitchy and being overshown, and Jack just died. If they reunite in spring, fine, but give them some time!
See, I don't think it's possible to save them, and I'm not just saying that as someone who loved the character of Jack and J&J's original love story. If Jack came back tomorrow, I wouldn't want him with this version of Jennifer. TIIC have botched her up since her return in 2010. Instead of retaining the character's original essence--spunky good girl with a big heart--and writing for her, they give her a different personality to fit their preferred plots and pairing. So far, she's been a simpering middle-aged ingenue making goo-goo eyes at the star quarterback, er, surgeon; a fickle, shallow, self-absorbed ice queen who can't decide between her longtime love and current flavor of the month; and most recently, a shrieking, self-righteous harpy who meddles in things that don't concern her and thinks she knows what's best for everyone. None of these alternate personalities are appealing, and they've pretty much sapped any residual good will even from those who remember the awesome Jennifer of 20 years ago.

And then there's Daniel, a poorly defined character who's endlessly propped as THE BESTEST GUY EVAH. I personally don't like him because he's smug, self-righteous, entitled, and even more shallow than the current incarnation of Jennifer. They share too many of the same flaws, which makes them unbearable together--at least to me. Their dates mainly consisted of them telling each other how perfect and wonderful they were, although their actions, especially his, showed them to be anything but.

Unfortunately, T&W seem to believe that the audience sees this couple the way they do--perfect, flawless, and MEANT TO BE. So they don't write them with any nuance, subtlety, or subtext, and I doubt that will change. And unless it does, Dannifer doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding. And even if it does, I can't see them winning over an audience that's so overwhelmingly against them when they haven't even officially reunited. Winter, spring, summer, or fall makes no difference--Dannifer 2.0 is dead in the water. T&W just don't want to admit it yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 30 2012, 04:46 PM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 30 2012, 03:59 PM
DesignatedShelley
LanaluvsBroe

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image

See, I don't think it's possible to save them, and I'm not just saying that as someone who loved the character of Jack and J&J's original love story. If Jack came back tomorrow, I wouldn't want him with this version of Jennifer. TIIC have botched her up since her return in 2010. Instead of retaining the character's original essence--spunky good girl with a big heart--and writing for her, they give her a different personality to fit their preferred plots and pairing. So far, she's been a simpering middle-aged ingenue making goo-goo eyes at the star quarterback, er, surgeon; a fickle, shallow, self-absorbed ice queen who can't decide between her longtime love and current flavor of the month; and most recently, a shrieking, self-righteous harpy who meddles in things that don't concern her and thinks she knows what's best for everyone. None of these alternate personalities are appealing, and they've pretty much sapped any residual good will even from those who remember the awesome Jennifer of 20 years ago.

And then there's Daniel, a poorly defined character who's endlessly propped as THE BESTEST GUY EVAH. I personally don't like him because he's smug, self-righteous, entitled, and even more shallow than the current incarnation of Jennifer. They share too many of the same flaws, which makes them unbearable together--at least to me. Their dates mainly consisted of them telling each other how perfect and wonderful they were, although their actions, especially his, showed them to be anything but.

Unfortunately, T&W seem to believe that the audience sees this couple the way they do--perfect, flawless, and MEANT TO BE. So they don't write them with any nuance, subtlety, or subtext, and I doubt that will change. And unless it does, Dannifer doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding. And even if it does, I can't see them winning over an audience that's so overwhelmingly against them when they haven't even officially reunited. Winter, spring, summer, or fall makes no difference--Dannifer 2.0 is dead in the water. T&W just don't want to admit it yet.
During Dannifer 1.0 I thought they were cute, but shipped the pairing that should be: Darly. Bring Carly back for Dan, or if not, send him to her! Viewership will increase tenfold! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Haven't been on for awhile becuz I had to save up to get a new computer to replace the one that went kaput.I'VE watched Days sporatically and I see its still on a fast highway to hell.Nicole is a worthless f-ed up bitch and Dan jumps from woman to woman without regard to their feelings.Perfect
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

I wish Daniel removed all her insides so the bitch would just die already. And I hope he isn't paired with Hope. She ships Dannifer as well!
Edited by Daysdegrassi, Nov 30 2012, 06:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
While I don't doubt that the majority of the audience (myself included) is not enjoying this pairing, I do find percentage-based polls to be useless at best and intentionally misleading at worst. For all we know, these percentages were based on the responses of twenty viewers. Without actual numbers, it really doesn't tell us as much as they want to pretend that it does.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

The last time I saw the poll results there were more than 11,000 responses, and it was at 97% against, 3% for. Someone elsewhere reported more than 30,000 responses in total. As far as I know, this wasn't a spammable poll, but I could be wrong.

If it was possible to vote more than once, then those seven Dannifer fans fell down on the job.

Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image

I hope she doesn't get up and Daniel dies from shock at how fast she falls over. Beautiful poll by the way! Finally a magazine that calls attention to the fact that Dannifer blows balls and always has, and they tossed out a highly popular pairing to pimp the shit out of them. :moon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ljay
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Nov 30 2012, 06:04 PM
I wish Daniel removed all her insides so the bitch would just die already. And I hope he isn't paired with Hope. She ships Dannifer as well!
I dont need all of that. I just wish he would sew her mouth shut. Im not choosey.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 30 2012, 10:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
While I don't doubt that the majority of the audience (myself included) is not enjoying this pairing, I do find percentage-based polls to be useless at best and intentionally misleading at worst. For all we know, these percentages were based on the responses of twenty viewers. Without actual numbers, it really doesn't tell us as much as they want to pretend that it does.
Final result was based on about 36000 votes so fairly decisive. I know these polls are open to spamming but that goes both ways and I dont think anti-Dannifer fans could really be bothered voting too often and it looks like Dannifer fans (?) couldn't be bothered voting at all! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^ in light of the poll result at SOD... I do wonder why they gave focus to this one? They have tons of polls over at SOD and could have showed others, not that I know that they didn't. Does anyone that's read the magazine know if this was the only polled feature.
To me SOD is jabbing NBCDAYS.... I would have to imagine to get this approved and printed there has go to be some serious Dannifer haters over or just smart Soap reviewers that see the same crap that the fans see. LOL!!.. Glaringly pointing out the faux pas of a popular and pimped pairing makes me wonder if they are just feeding the fire that TPTB know exists and it is nothing but a ploy to stir shit up to the max before they switch gears and redirect SC & MR onto other SLs.
Hard to tell..... but I wouldn't be surprised. Its a small, small world out there in soapland.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shar_d
Member Avatar

I guess I just don't get Danifer. I know I'm in the minority here, but I honestly don't mind them as a couple. What I wish, is that either the writers would finally put them together or just keep them apart. All of this back and forth nonsense is really nauseating. And they've completely ruined Jennifer's character. She's been obsessed with Daniel since she first laid eyes on him..always all up in his business, always having to have these "talks" with him, meddling in his person life ie. relationships, career, health etc. Sick of her obsessing over him. Either tell him you love him, or stop leading him on and move on with your life, and focus on your kids for God's sakes!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Someone please tell me this the start of some long suffering disease storyline for Jenniwhore which happily ends in her death....cause that is the only way this would be watchable to me!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 1 2012, 01:13 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

ChampagneRiver
Nov 28 2012, 11:55 PM
QFFT!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Mitchapalooza
Dec 1 2012, 01:12 AM
Someone please tell me this the start of some long suffering disease storyline for Jenniwhore which happily ends in her death....cause that is the only way this would be watchable to me!
Glad to see you back Mitch, miss you,favorite poster ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Romancer66
Nov 29 2012, 12:19 AM
SoapGal1
Nov 29 2012, 12:10 AM
Dear Tomlin, Corday, & other Dumbasses,

WE DON'T GIVE A FLYING SHIT ABOUT DAN SAVING JEN'S LIFE.

He did this last year, remember??

HE HELD HER HEART IN HIS HANDS!!

It was lame then & it's lame & repetitive now.

Bite me,
SoapGal
Last year her heart. This year her appendix. Tune in next year when he removes her spleen. :rolleyes:

At this rate, Jennifer's going to run out of internal organs for Daniel to fondle. Clearly she's already forfeited her brain, or she wouldn't have gotten involved with Dr. Sleaze in the first place.
Your killing me.....laughing my ass off in this thread with my sleeping daughter on my arm constantly waking up, lol!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

The problem for Dannifer (for me) isn't even Jennifer, I still want to like that character. I just cannot take Daniel any longer, that asshole. I don't why I dislike him so much at this point, there's just something. He needs to leave Salem for good never to be mentioned again!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic