Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jennifer Collapses!; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:09 PM (6,361 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 29 2012, 07:34 PM
Chelsea
Nov 29 2012, 07:16 PM
I don't buy SOD, what was the poll?
Posted Image
Yet Bradison got Worst Couple....is there some poll where they got 3% support to best the 4% Dannifer got? :shrug: :shrug: Sheer WTFery!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

JamesScott_19
Dec 1 2012, 01:18 AM
Mitchapalooza
Dec 1 2012, 01:12 AM
Someone please tell me this the start of some long suffering disease storyline for Jenniwhore which happily ends in her death....cause that is the only way this would be watchable to me!
Glad to see you back Mitch, miss you,favorite poster ;)
Awww thanks.....wish I could be around more, life has changed drastically for me in the last 2 months. Miss everyone here and all the witty/funny as fuck posts! :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Shick
Dec 1 2012, 01:23 AM
The problem for Dannifer (for me) isn't even Jennifer, I still want to like that character. I just cannot take Daniel any longer, that asshole. I don't why I dislike him so much at this point, there's just something. He needs to leave Salem for good never to be mentioned again!
its because he is a scumbag type character being given the 3000% golden boy push from tptb, despite the legion of viewers who despise daniel to his core.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Will&Sonny
Nov 30 2012, 10:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
While I don't doubt that the majority of the audience (myself included) is not enjoying this pairing, I do find percentage-based polls to be useless at best and intentionally misleading at worst. For all we know, these percentages were based on the responses of twenty viewers. Without actual numbers, it really doesn't tell us as much as they want to pretend that it does.
except this poll is the exact opposite....dannifer is loathed universally by all fan bases on thus show...its no secret.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

nocturnalblondie
Nov 29 2012, 09:30 PM
That poll makes me smile. They fired Matthew Ashford for this shit and look where it got them.

Posted Image

Losers.
:hail: :hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Mitchapalooza
Dec 1 2012, 01:31 AM
Shick
Dec 1 2012, 01:23 AM
The problem for Dannifer (for me) isn't even Jennifer, I still want to like that character. I just cannot take Daniel any longer, that asshole. I don't why I dislike him so much at this point, there's just something. He needs to leave Salem for good never to be mentioned again!
its because he is a scumbag type character being given the 3000% golden boy push from tptb, despite the legion of viewers who despise daniel to his core.
Ah yes, that's about right!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ejole Lifer

I was hoping it would read Jennifer collapses...and dies.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 29 2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:

Daniel decides to go to the Horton cabin to get some time to himself to regroup. When Nicole finds out, she goes to check on him. Says Christian, "It's a dynamic that the two share. They have each other's back."

In other words, he runs away from his problems. But since it's Daniel, his constantly running away is perfectly acceptable. They have each other's back? When has Daniel ever had Nicole's back? Was it when he used her for sex? Or when Jennifer was jumping down her throat at every given chance? Or maybe when he threw her under the bus in front of everyone in the Horton living room? Had her back? No, he had her backside. Because that's all he ever wanted.

And the how the hell do you suddenly collapse in pain from appendicitis? Do these dumbasses even do any research on medical conditions? If she had appendicitis, she wouldn't be on her feet in the first place.
well these are the same writers that let Nicole leave the hospital with a placental abruption and told her to go home and get some rest, so I'd say that's a definite no :fp2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 1 2012, 01:35 AM
nocturnalblondie
Nov 29 2012, 09:30 PM
That poll makes me smile. They fired Matthew Ashford for this shit and look where it got them.

Posted Image

Losers.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

So 4% of people like Dannifer, yet Tomlin sees this as the green light to keep pimping them on his show?
I can't quite see the logic in this LOL
Dr Dirt Bag I hate, and as for Jennifer - I've got no use for the bitch either.
I'd kill both of em off.
Edited by Evan, Dec 5 2012, 07:14 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 1 2012, 01:26 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
Yet Bradison got Worst Couple....is there some poll where they got 3% support to best the 4% Dannifer got? :shrug: :shrug: Sheer WTFery!
Yet TIIC continue to push this couple like they are some epic love story that the audience loves. It truly defies logic and reason and all Tomsell are doing is pissing people off and destroying legacy character Jennifer Horton beyond repair. It really is baffling why they keep pushing this so hard! :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Happylover

Something is always wrong with jenn
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

TIIC are stuck with follow through on the Dannifer SL. Taping 3 months out and they are pretty much committed. As much as I loathe the pairing, it was obviously planned out and timed this way for Chloe's return. Not for a minute, do I think Chloe's back for Brady.... Dannifer-Chloe triangle is clearly pending......2013

I use to love the character of Jennifer.....now I can't stand her. I don't want her to die, just for them to lock her away for a long while, preferrably off screen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Couldn't we have at least gotten Nicole being the one to do the operation on Jennifer with Daniel telling her what to do because of his hand trembles? And then we could have had Jennifer going around telling everyone how Nicole saved her life thus redeeming Nicole in one swoop. :D
Online Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

camera shy
Dec 5 2012, 09:29 AM
Couldn't we have at least gotten Nicole being the one to do the operation on Jennifer with Daniel telling her what to do because of his hand trembles? And then we could have had Jennifer going around telling everyone how Nicole saved her life thus redeeming Nicole in one swoop. :D
Maybe Nicole does assist Daniel in his miracle saving of twatifer and Eric will rave about how she's changed and is now a better person, that she thought about helping someone else and not just herself etc.
It is not as good as your SL angle... but it would work..... in DAYS' world
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 30 2012, 10:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Chelsea
Posted Image
While I don't doubt that the majority of the audience (myself included) is not enjoying this pairing, I do find percentage-based polls to be useless at best and intentionally misleading at worst. For all we know, these percentages were based on the responses of twenty viewers. Without actual numbers, it really doesn't tell us as much as they want to pretend that it does.
While you have a point, I still think it's cool that SOD put something that is so anti-Dannifer in print. Maybe TIIC will get some semblence of a clue now lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

As I've said countless times before, they killed off the wrong Deveraux.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

If TomSell wanted to put Dannifer back so quickly why did they give Jack such a heroic death? Didn't they realise this was going to make Jennifer look shallow and fickle when she starts obsessing after Dan within days of Jack's demise? Even if it was MarDar who penned the actual elevator scene, Tomlin could have added a scene to show that Jack lived and left on his own accord eg a letter a couple of days later. That way the audience would have felt that Jen had been deserted again and been more accepting of her running straight back to Dan. Instead she looks like a total bitch. I can't work it out. They have Jack die a hero but the only mention Jen makes of heroic actions is to continually talk about Dan saving her life. What mother would think the doctor who saved her was a greater man than the one who died saving her daughter? She looks bad from all angles.
These are well paid professional writers. Shouldn't they be able to view their writing and its implications from a viewer's point of view?
Edited by bomber, Dec 5 2012, 10:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Dannifer is never going to be accepted, or its level of support will never get anywhere near the size of the Jack/Jen fanbase.
Tomlin & co are flogging a dead horse with this one, so to speak.
I can foresee Jennifer and Daniel becoming backburner material very soon into the New Year, even with the supposed added angst of Chloe - Nadia's only back for a guest stint, right?
And Jennifer without Jack bores me so much that I wouldn't shed a tear if MR got written off the show altogether.
In the meantime, I hope that Matt Ashford has put this circus far behind him, and his talents are being used better on other projects. It's to the eternal shame of Ken Corday & NBC that such a terrific actor has been treated so shabbily over the years, all because MA supposedly doesn't fit the mould of the "soap hunk".
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Well, Bomber, they tried to bring Jennifer back without Jack in the first place by saying that Jack left her. People didn't buy it. If he had left her this time, I think a lot of fans still would have had a hard time accepting it, though I wouldn't have blamed him, considering the way Jennifer treated him and fawned on Dan. And I still wouldn't have liked Jennifer, because she'd already been awful, and I can't respect her going for a boring sleaze like Dan, no matter if Jack had left her. Anyway, I think they were trying to appease Jack fans by having him go out in a heroic way (though the logistics should have been handled better there). I suppose Jack fans should be grateful for small favors-at least they didn't utterly trash Jack in their mad pursuit of Dannifer. Either way, the writing for Jennifer has been very poor, and even if they'd had Jack leave her in an attempt to make her look less shallow, Dannifer would still be a bore.
Edited by AHM, Dec 5 2012, 11:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic