Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jennifer Collapses!; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:09 PM (6,524 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

AHM
Dec 5 2012, 11:22 PM
Well, Bomber, they tried to bring Jennifer back without Jack in the first place by saying that Jack left her. People didn't buy it. If he had left her this time, I think a lot of fans still would have had a hard time accepting it, though I wouldn't have blamed him, considering the way Jennifer treated him and fawned on Dan. And I still wouldn't have liked Jennifer, because she'd already been awful, and I can't respect her going for a boring sleaze like Dan, no matter if Jack had left her. Anyway, I think they were trying to appease Jack fans by having him go out in a heroic way (though the logistics should have been handled better there). I suppose Jack fans should be grateful for small favors-at least they didn't utterly trash Jack in their mad pursuit of Dannifer. Either way, the writing for Jennifer has been very poor, and even if they'd had Jack leave her in an attempt to make her look less shallow, Dannifer would still be a bore.
I still would have hated her too but I'm talking about the viewers who dont know or care for JnJ. Those of us who love Jack wouldn't have accepted it but I dont think Tomlin ever cared about us anyway. Going about it the way they have they have alienated even first round Dannifer fans (which actually I'm glad about). And I agree that Jack's heroism was supposed to appease us (although again they have misread the fans by assuming we would accept another "death") but any appeasement is completely nullified by having Jennifer go straight into Dan-obsession mode. The whole storyline is a shambles.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I believe MA had a hand to make sure his exit would appease his fans, as I recall from an inteview.
This is the difference between actors. MA cares about his fans. MR craps all over them and lets TPTB turn her beloved character into a hated shrew. Professional or not, soap or not, integrity and responsibility will earn you respect....it might not let you keep your job, but it will surely factor in to get you a new one. MR is hanging onto DAYS with all she's got.... I doubt she'd be hired anywhere else....JMO of course :biggrin:
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

shar_d
Dec 1 2012, 12:14 AM
I guess I just don't get Danifer. I know I'm in the minority here, but I honestly don't mind them as a couple. What I wish, is that either the writers would finally put them together or just keep them apart. All of this back and forth nonsense is really nauseating. And they've completely ruined Jennifer's character. She's been obsessed with Daniel since she first laid eyes on him..always all up in his business, always having to have these "talks" with him, meddling in his person life ie. relationships, career, health etc. Sick of her obsessing over him. Either tell him you love him, or stop leading him on and move on with your life, and focus on your kids for God's sakes!

Good advice pass it around.
Edited by concerned, Dec 6 2012, 12:55 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Am I correct that Jack's "death" was penned by MARDAR and not Tomlin?
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

MarDar had already mapped out the Daysaster and had written it their way. Tomlin came in and modified it to take out the characters he wanted removed. So it's unclear what MarDar originally intended to happen to Jack. They didn't plan to have him (or Madison) die in the middle of the explosions. That was all Tomlin.

As to the allusion to MA having a say in his exit, I recall him saying something about the idea of JnJ having a wedding. But he said they'd already done that. Perhaps the writers then handed the wedding sequence over to Bradison.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Lil
Dec 5 2012, 11:08 AM
Will&Sonny
Nov 30 2012, 10:03 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 29 2012, 07:34 PM
Chelsea
Nov 29 2012, 07:16 PM
I don't buy SOD, what was the poll?
Posted Image
While I don't doubt that the majority of the audience (myself included) is not enjoying this pairing, I do find percentage-based polls to be useless at best and intentionally misleading at worst. For all we know, these percentages were based on the responses of twenty viewers. Without actual numbers, it really doesn't tell us as much as they want to pretend that it does.
While you have a point, I still think it's cool that SOD put something that is so anti-Dannifer in print. Maybe TIIC will get some semblence of a clue now lol
Also, whether based on statistically scientific poll or not, just staring at that cover makes me smile. In fact, it's given me more pleasure than the character of Dan ever has, and more than Jennifer has since the 90s.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Cheers to that. At this point I wish Tan and Jen would BOTH collapse......onto the whirring blades of a running helicopter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic