Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will Gives Up; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:15 PM (5,506 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week's SOD has an article about Will's decision.

Will is stunned when he finds out Nick wants to marry Gabi and legally claim the baby as his. The discussion Will and Gabi have is upsetting to Gabi because she loves both Nick and Will, but in different ways.

Gabi tells Will that Nick's intentions are genuine. According to Banus, Nick sets this plan in motion because he understands that if Will decides to raise the baby it will ruin his (Will's) life. There's a possibility that Sonny won't want to be with Will if he knows the truth.

Will wants to make Gabi happy, so he agrees to the plan. Ultimately, they all just want what is best for the baby.

Gabi and Nick end up sharing their plans for the future with Sonny. They want Sonny to believe that Nick is the biological father.

For all the details, pick up the newest SOD!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Don't like this at all.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Poor Will! Things are going to go badly for him down the line. :(

I used to adore the character of Nick, but I hate how he's taking charge of a situation he has no business taking charge of.

lumifan4life

I think this is going to end with Sonny being mad not that Will didn't tell him about the baby, but more that he assumed that Sonny would leave him because of it. I have a feeling with Nick pulling all the strings here, Will is going to go along with it up until the wedding day when all hell breaks loose. This just all seems like a hasty and reluctant decision on both Will and Gabi's parts. Neither really wants Nick to claim this child I don't think. And the longer this charade goes on, the more lousy Will is going to feel about letting another man raise his kid.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lumifan4life
Nov 28 2012, 11:21 PM
I think this is going to end with Sonny being mad not that Will didn't tell him about the baby, but more that he assumed that Sonny would leave him because of it. I have a feeling with Nick pulling all the strings here, Will is going to go along with it up until the wedding day when all hell breaks loose. This just all seems like a hasty and reluctant decision on both Will and Gabi's parts. Neither really wants Nick to claim this child I don't think. And the longer this charade goes on, the more lousy Will is going to feel about letting another man raise his kid.
I really hope we see Will having second thoughts about this whole thing, because the idea of him just giving up and basically letting Nick claim his child and raise that said child doesn't really sit well with me.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

This screams car crash bursting into flames. My only issue is whether this is good or Lindsay Lohan bad because those are the only two ways this can go.

Harmony233

Will of all people should know this will end up hurti ng the child when the truth comes out

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OY. :rolleyes:

michr544125

They all want what's best for the baby? What have they done to Will? He wants to make Gabi happy??? And Gabi loves both Will and Nick but in different ways. Oh lord just make Will bi and let him be in a triangle with Nick and Gabi since that how it has play out onscreen any way. I hope Sonny kicks Will to the curb since making Gabi is more important to him than telling the truth to Sonny. But with how lame and limited his role has been so far I wouldn't be surprised if he forgives Will right away.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 29 2012, 06:36 AM.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I guess Will doesn't remember how damaging it is not knowing which family member is your real dad. I don't know if I should :popcorn: while I watch this trainwreck or :drunk: my sorrows because of how bad this is going to be.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Oh Sonny- please run away from that nightmare Willass!!!! He deserves so much better.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

and Will has told neither Lucas nor Sami that the baby is his? I can bet Lucas would help him handle this...

Honeybees
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 28 2012, 11:21 PM
I think Nick really is the villain here, and he's manipulating Will already. I actually like this plot. It's classic soap, with Will being talked into a decision because he's told it's the right thing for everyone, and it's going to be very wrong. And you're spot on. Sonny will be more upset that Will thinks he'll lose Sonny over this rather than the baby secret. I think Blake Berris is doing a great job, but his Nick is scaring me a little, and if he scares Will, it's not going to be fun to watch. Well, I say bring on the drama.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

It's not often that a single story ruins or assassinates four characters at the same time, but it sure seems like TomSell are going to do just that with this crapfest.

I know a story is bad when I am rooting for Chad to be more involved in it so he can make that bitch Gabi suffer, even if only for my entertainment.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Without Will in his life. I highly doubt Sonny is going to get a new SL of his own. Getting a new boyfriend for Sonny screams backburn to me. Sonny is going to have to stick this out Will. I hope that he can show Will the errors of his ways. Since Wilson have had little obstacle and agnst other than themselves and that caused by family members unapproval of their being together, I still thnk that the WABI baby will make for a good SL. Honestly I can see why Will is scared to tell the truth, young and naive, he doesn't want to lose all the good things in his life.

Days4Life

What is it with this show and having men claim babies that are not their own? When Nicole and Lexie claimed babies as their own that belonged to other women, it was called kidnapping. I realize the situations aren't the same but still....

And Will seriously needs to develop a backbone.

lumifan4life

Dreamer
Nov 29 2012, 09:03 AM
Without Will in his life. I highly doubt Sonny is going to get a new SL of his own. Getting a new boyfriend for Sonny screams backburn to me. Sonny is going to have to stick this out Will. I hope that he can show Will the errors of his ways. Since Wilson have had little obstacle and agnst other than themselves and that caused by family members unapproval of their being together, I still thnk that the WABI baby will make for a good SL. Honestly I can see why Will is scared to tell the truth, young and naive, he doesn't want to lose all the good things in his life.
I absolutely agree about Sonny. Just because he also comes from a core family doesn't mean crap on this show. As it is, I don't see him getting a story of his own outside of Will. Will is treated the same way his mom is, stories center around him and whoever plays his love interest is a supporting character to him and the drama in his life. Without Will, I also see Sonny in the backburner. Not that it's going to stop his fans for wishing better for him but still, I see it as completely unrealistic based on past experience with this show, lol. Sonny can either work it out with Will and stay in his life which means airtime and storyline or he can tell Will to get lost when the shit hits the fan which only means one thing: Will continues to have story with a possible new love interest while Sonny is nowhere to be seen running the coffee house offscreen with an occasional appearance here and there.

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't think any of the characters are being ruined. Well, Nick might be but I'm pretty sure he was destined for this when they brought him back. Will and Gabi are young adults in a difficult situation making bad (or at least not good) decisions. That's not ruining the characters, that's both consistent with their past (both have made bad choices in the past) and consistent with being young adults facing a difficult situation. Will isn't making this decision because he's an asshole who doesn't care, he'd doing because he believes it's the best thing for everybody, including the baby. He might be wrong, but his motivations aren't.

I love all of this because it's the very definition of good, soapy drama. I'm not sure anybody is 100% wrong in this scenario. A lot of people are trying to do the right thing, but going about it in the wrong way. That leaves so much good stuff when the truth finally comes out. There would be no entertainment if everybody did the exact right thing for the exact right reasons.

monie1973

I don 't like this at all Will is much stronger than this and he should tell Sonny and his parents. He should not let anyone raise his child or attempt too, I am beginning to think that Will is the one who stops the wedding and tells everyone that he is the baby's father this is going to eat him up and Sonny is going to know something is off. Also is Gabi that desperate to have someone she is going to lie and let someone else raise her child come on Gabi. I think that Sonny or Will is going to let it all out the bag about the baby and Sonny or Chad is going to let it out about Mel. Please let this be over sooner rather than later, why does she have to be pregnant, why!!! Writers fix this please.

lumifan4life

esp13
Nov 29 2012, 10:14 AM
I don't think any of the characters are being ruined. Well, Nick might be but I'm pretty sure he was destined for this when they brought him back. Will and Gabi are young adults in a difficult situation making bad (or at least not good) decisions. That's not ruining the characters, that's both consistent with their past (both have made bad choices in the past) and consistent with being young adults facing a difficult situation. Will isn't making this decision because he's an asshole who doesn't care, he'd doing because he believes it's the best thing for everybody, including the baby. He might be wrong, but his motivations aren't.

I love all of this because it's the very definition of good, soapy drama. I'm not sure anybody is 100% wrong in this scenario. A lot of people are trying to do the right thing, but going about it in the wrong way. That leaves so much good stuff when the truth finally comes out. There would be no entertainment if everybody did the exact right thing for the exact right reasons.
I agree. I think both Will and Gabi are looking vulnerable in this situation but it doesn't necessarily make them the villains here. They honestly think this is the best thing for the baby. But that doesn't mean it's going to last. I see this being one huge life lesson for Will in the long run that will most likely lead to him being the most amazing dad in the world. You never know. He'll probably take this time to reflect on things and realize that he hates the idea of Nick or anyone raising his child. Maybe he'll even realize how lucky he was as a child to have a father who wanted him from the very beginning. I can see this turning into quite an endearing story. Maybe I am giving the writers too much credit here but they do seem to do some things well on rare occasions and this story is one of them so far. Sure some characters are being sacrificed, mainly Nick. But I still see the guilt eating at Will the longer the charade goes on and Will deciding that he wants to be a father afterall and to hell with anyone who stands in his way. He's giving up for now because he's weak and he feels cornered possibly. But that isn't to say that he won't step up when the time is right and take responsibility for everything.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply