Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will Gives Up; Airs Week of December 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:15 PM (5,554 Views)
cord08

Will may ultimately be in the wrong, but I'm glad that at least one person isn't trying to dictate Gabi's decisions and actually listens to her.
Edited by cord08, Nov 29 2012, 11:40 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 29 2012, 10:56 AM
esp13
Nov 29 2012, 10:14 AM
I don't think any of the characters are being ruined. Well, Nick might be but I'm pretty sure he was destined for this when they brought him back. Will and Gabi are young adults in a difficult situation making bad (or at least not good) decisions. That's not ruining the characters, that's both consistent with their past (both have made bad choices in the past) and consistent with being young adults facing a difficult situation. Will isn't making this decision because he's an asshole who doesn't care, he'd doing because he believes it's the best thing for everybody, including the baby. He might be wrong, but his motivations aren't.

I love all of this because it's the very definition of good, soapy drama. I'm not sure anybody is 100% wrong in this scenario. A lot of people are trying to do the right thing, but going about it in the wrong way. That leaves so much good stuff when the truth finally comes out. There would be no entertainment if everybody did the exact right thing for the exact right reasons.
I agree. I think both Will and Gabi are looking vulnerable in this situation but it doesn't necessarily make them the villains here. They honestly think this is the best thing for the baby. But that doesn't mean it's going to last. I see this being one huge life lesson for Will in the long run that will most likely lead to him being the most amazing dad in the world. You never know. He'll probably take this time to reflect on things and realize that he hates the idea of Nick or anyone raising his child. Maybe he'll even realize how lucky he was as a child to have a father who wanted him from the very beginning. I can see this turning into quite an endearing story. Maybe I am giving the writers too much credit here but they do seem to do some things well on rare occasions and this story is one of them so far. Sure some characters are being sacrificed, mainly Nick. But I still see the guilt eating at Will the longer the charade goes on and Will deciding that he wants to be a father afterall and to hell with anyone who stands in his way. He's giving up for now because he's weak and he feels cornered possibly. But that isn't to say that he won't step up when the time is right and take responsibility for everything.
I 100% agree. I said this in another thread, but Will and Gabi were robbed of a chance to sit down and decide how they were going to proceed once she decided not to have an abortion. They should have been able to discuss their options, decide who to confide in and how they were going to tell their respective partners. Sami, Rafe and Nick all have stuck their noses into a situation that isn't yet their business. It should have been Gabi and Will's choice who they were going to tell about the baby and when, and usually people don't announce a pregnancy until they are ready.

I certainly think Will wants to tell Sonny and needs his support in this, but he's going to be pressured and manipulated by Nick not to do so. Will has been trying to do the right thing since day one, and making a bad decision with so much pressure on him is not ruinous for the character at all. Meanwhile, Sonny knows about Gabi's part in the kidnapping/explosion. He's going to see her differently, and it is going to make for a dramatic situation when he does find out the truth.

I also think they are going to start going very dark with Nick. All of a sudden I don't see Nick and Gabi as a rootable romance, but rather a potentially abusive relationship. His freak out on her when he thought the baby was Chad's combined with his sudden controlling nature when he discovered it was Will came off quite creepy. I'd bet money the endgame will be Wilson raising the baby.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Remind me why we suppose to care about this story? I got nothing :sleep:

monie1973

I do think that Sonny can handle a story without Will, he is a talented actor and Freddie can do it. But I think they may break up for a while but I want to see Will fight for Sonny and show him he is truly sorry. Sonny is the one who seems to feel the worst when things go wrong with them I want to see Will pine for Sonny and maybe have Sami/ or Lucas or Kate help him get him back.

lumifan4life

JamesScott_19
Nov 29 2012, 12:35 PM
Remind me why we suppose to care about this story? I got nothing :sleep:
lol I actually find this to be the only interesting story on Days right now.

lumifan4life

monie1973
Nov 29 2012, 12:40 PM
I do think that Sonny can handle a story without Will, he is a talented actor and Freddie can do it. But I think they may break up for a while but I want to see Will fight for Sonny and show him he is truly sorry. Sonny is the one who seems to feel the worst when things go wrong with them I want to see Will pine for Sonny and maybe have Sami/ or Lucas or Kate help him get him back.
No doubt he could handle it as can other talented actors on Days who are still being underutilized. It's not a question of talent but more of storyline and preference. Sonny's role in Will's life is supporting him. If that changes we'll see but as of right now, stories are not meant to revolve around Sonny but around Will. And if Sonny wants to stay in Will's life, he'll find a way to deal with it. If he doesn't then I only see backburn in his future.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Honeybees
Nov 29 2012, 11:42 AM
lumifan4life
Nov 29 2012, 10:56 AM
esp13
Nov 29 2012, 10:14 AM
I don't think any of the characters are being ruined. Well, Nick might be but I'm pretty sure he was destined for this when they brought him back. Will and Gabi are young adults in a difficult situation making bad (or at least not good) decisions. That's not ruining the characters, that's both consistent with their past (both have made bad choices in the past) and consistent with being young adults facing a difficult situation. Will isn't making this decision because he's an asshole who doesn't care, he'd doing because he believes it's the best thing for everybody, including the baby. He might be wrong, but his motivations aren't.

I love all of this because it's the very definition of good, soapy drama. I'm not sure anybody is 100% wrong in this scenario. A lot of people are trying to do the right thing, but going about it in the wrong way. That leaves so much good stuff when the truth finally comes out. There would be no entertainment if everybody did the exact right thing for the exact right reasons.
I agree. I think both Will and Gabi are looking vulnerable in this situation but it doesn't necessarily make them the villains here. They honestly think this is the best thing for the baby. But that doesn't mean it's going to last. I see this being one huge life lesson for Will in the long run that will most likely lead to him being the most amazing dad in the world. You never know. He'll probably take this time to reflect on things and realize that he hates the idea of Nick or anyone raising his child. Maybe he'll even realize how lucky he was as a child to have a father who wanted him from the very beginning. I can see this turning into quite an endearing story. Maybe I am giving the writers too much credit here but they do seem to do some things well on rare occasions and this story is one of them so far. Sure some characters are being sacrificed, mainly Nick. But I still see the guilt eating at Will the longer the charade goes on and Will deciding that he wants to be a father afterall and to hell with anyone who stands in his way. He's giving up for now because he's weak and he feels cornered possibly. But that isn't to say that he won't step up when the time is right and take responsibility for everything.
I 100% agree. I said this in another thread, but Will and Gabi were robbed of a chance to sit down and decide how they were going to proceed once she decided not to have an abortion. They should have been able to discuss their options, decide who to confide in and how they were going to tell their respective partners. Sami, Rafe and Nick all have stuck their noses into a situation that isn't yet their business. It should have been Gabi and Will's choice who they were going to tell about the baby and when, and usually people don't announce a pregnancy until they are ready.

I certainly think Will wants to tell Sonny and needs his support in this, but he's going to be pressured and manipulated by Nick not to do so. Will has been trying to do the right thing since day one, and making a bad decision with so much pressure on him is not ruinous for the character at all. Meanwhile, Sonny knows about Gabi's part in the kidnapping/explosion. He's going to see her differently, and it is going to make for a dramatic situation when he does find out the truth.

I also think they are going to start going very dark with Nick. All of a sudden I don't see Nick and Gabi as a rootable romance, but rather a potentially abusive relationship. His freak out on her when he thought the baby was Chad's combined with his sudden controlling nature when he discovered it was Will came off quite creepy. I'd bet money the endgame will be Wilson raising the baby.
ITA with you both too. I don't particularly think that NIck is being ruined, NOW. If anything you can point to Dena turning him from a nerdy hospital working geek to a psycho stalker that ended up killing a man solely to protect Mel. I criticize TomSell for plenty, but the writing for Nick is consistent to some of what we saw before he was written out. So was it the drugs? Who knows....does he have some kind of personal experience he went through in jail that is making him control this situation because he wasn't in control of something that affected him in jail? Perhaps.

I also agree that Will is probably going to start to appreciate his father and mother a bit more and maybe cut them some slack for some of the things they did as teens when it came to him specifically. At the very least, he can't say that his parents didn't want him ,when they spent the better part of a decade fighting for sole custody. Remember when Will told Gabi that there were many of unwanted children in the world and he didn't want this child to be that? Somehow I see that as plot point dialogue and I wouldn't be surprised if Will didn't have a flashback to that one moment when he said that to Gabi. It would certainly be a good way to show to the audience that Will in a few weeks is NOT going to be okay with Nick raising his child, because it would prove that Will didn't want to do that and that is exactly what Will said he didn't want, unwanted children, right? Hmmmm

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Personally, I think that they've been going "dark" with Nick since the moment that he practically forced Gabi to say "I love you" to him.

As for the endgame being Will and Sonny raising the baby together, I agree; that's what I've been saying all along, and I see no reason to suspect otherwise yet. I also think that the second half of this storyline will be more focused on Sonny than the first half.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

mikebise
Nov 29 2012, 12:59 PM
A few taunts from T sent Will RUNNING back to heterosexuality in August. All the new threats in his life now will surely make Will flee back to the safety of man/woman sex. Maybe he'll wildly screw a needy Nicole (the only other woman in Salem he's not related to).

Sad that gay people actually are all "Rah! Rah!" supporting this hateful anti-gay storyline. No self esteem.
We've had gay members of DR state that they have had to experience a similar situation to what Will went through (gay men sleeping with an old female best friend/former girlfriend after coming out) and that it's a very real and believing experience, even if it might not happen that much, it happens and it SHOULD be showcased as part of a gay storyline on a soap opera. I've had issues with the gay storyline, but this isn't one of them. It's a soap so some level of angst and drama needs to come into play with these stories, throwing this drama in that affects so many players is at the end of the day good soap IMHO. I had problems with Will's coming out story being more about other players that it was about Will himself early on and I find Wilson to be pretty vanilla. The ONLY part of the story that actually showcased some of Will's feelings was when he slept with Gabi because he felt he screwed up and rejected Sonny and made him feel like he didn't want him. Everything else about the story was how Sami reacted, how Ej was injected when he didn't need to be and how much of a fuck up Will perceived his own father to be after initially being happy that his dad was supportive. So yeah, there are issues with how the gay storyline was written but I don't think having this story be part of it is going to be one of them.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Days4Life
Nov 29 2012, 09:41 AM
What is it with this show and having men claim babies that are not their own? When Nicole and Lexie claimed babies as their own that belonged to other women, it was called kidnapping. I realize the situations aren't the same but still....

And Will seriously needs to develop a backbone.
In all fairness to Lexie, she didn't know that Isaac was really Hope's kid & not Marlo's in the very beginning. That said, as Hope's friend, she should've told Hope that she found out that the babies had been switched.

I think the situations are different because with Nicole & Lexie, they deceived their partner into thinking that the baby was theirs. In contrast, Dan, Rafe, & Nick are all claiming father rights to a kid that's still with his/her rightful mother.

mikebise
Member Avatar

Always an excuse to slam Sami and EJ... >sigh<

Sami and EJ have had NOTHING to do with how Will has been written as crumbling under the weight of a single taunt Better hope Uncle Eric doesn't have a single disapproving word: Will will probably screw Eric's beloved Nicole!

Will shows ZERO interest in Sonny's life, except to ask for abortion money for his constant-sex-flashbacks baby mama. Will might as well come out as heterosexual now "for the baby".

BTW, why didn't Brady turn to Daniel for sex after Madison died? That's the same thing Will did when he wildly and lustfully threw his tongue down Gabi's mouth as he screwed her.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Will may be going along with Nick and Gabi raising this baby to begin with, but I just don't see it lasting long. We are going to be seeing lots of angst from him because he just won't be able to let go that easily. He had a problem with the abortion...he thought it was a mistake after he thought about it long enough. He will think about this as well and know that it is not the right thing. He will want to be a part of this baby's life. I can see it now....he'll probably act jealous towards Nick and Sonny is going to start to wonder what the deal is. Maybe he'll think that Will is jealous because he still has feelings for Gabi or something. I could easily see that happening...of course that will just feed into the whole "Will isn't really gay" thing that a lot of people keep saying, which I don't buy for one second. Will is going through a hell of a lot right now. He made a stupid mistake and now he's going to be a dad. That doesn't mean he doesn't love Sonny. I love my husband dearly....but there IS a difference between the love you have for your significant other and the love you have for your child. I can see why this is weighing on him so much. I say cut the kid some slack.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 29 2012, 12:57 PM
Honeybees
Personally, I think that they've been going "dark" with Nick since the moment that he practically forced Gabi to say "I love you" to him.

As for the endgame being Will and Sonny raising the baby together, I agree; that's what I've been saying all along, and I see no reason to suspect otherwise yet. I also think that the second half of this storyline will be more focused on Sonny than the first half.
If it weren't for the Hernandez fetish TomSell have, I'd say Gabi's days are numbered. Let's not forget the fate of Stacy Morasco, and she was a far, far more entertaining character played by a better actress, and she died to serve a Kish - Gigi custody battle (which was shorted, sadly FU ABC). But it seems like a natural place for Nick and Gabi to turn into an ugly relationship (him even killing her, sadly) and Wilson fighting for custody.

Carly
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Nov 29 2012, 02:41 PM
Will&Sonny
Honeybees

If it weren't for the Hernandez fetish TomSell have, I'd say Gabi's days are numbered. Let's not forget the fate of Stacy Morasco, and she was a far, far more entertaining character played by a better actress, and she died to serve a Kish - Gigi custody battle (which was shorted, sadly FU ABC). But it seems like a natural place for Nick and Gabi to turn into an ugly relationship (him even killing her, sadly) and Wilson fighting for custody.
I was actually thinking that Gabi would die during labor. The truth would come out that Will was the baby's father, and Wilson would try to raise the baby together. But then Rafe would sue for custody of the baby because Rafe blamed Will for Gabi's death for some reason. (Maybe Will and Gabi were having an argument, and Gabi went into premature labor.)

There would be a big court battle, and the baby would go missing right before the judge announced the custody decision. Several different people would be accused of stealing the baby, but it would turn out that Nick was the baby thief. Then Chelsea would come to Salem and convince Nick to return the baby. Wilson would get custody of the child, and Rafe would leave town because he was pissed that Sami had supported Will during the custody battle....Of course, that's my dream storyline, so I'm sure it'll never happen! :frustration:

lysie
Member Avatar

mikebise
Nov 29 2012, 02:16 PM
Always an excuse to slam Sami and EJ... >sigh<

Sami and EJ have had NOTHING to do with how Will has been written as crumbling under the weight of a single taunt Better hope Uncle Eric doesn't have a single disapproving word: Will will probably screw Eric's beloved Nicole!

Will shows ZERO interest in Sonny's life, except to ask for abortion money for his constant-sex-flashbacks baby mama. Will might as well come out as heterosexual now "for the baby".

BTW, why didn't Brady turn to Daniel for sex after Madison died? That's the same thing Will did when he wildly and lustfully threw his tongue down Gabi's mouth as he screwed her.
No one slammed Sami or EJ.

People react to things differently. Two other people not having sex doesn't have anything to do with Will and Gabi. Will had sex with her because she was there. If you think that makes him straight, fine. You're welcome to that opinion. You don't need to mock our opinion to have your own.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Carly
Nov 29 2012, 02:53 PM
Honeybees
Will&Sonny
Honeybees

I was actually thinking that Gabi would die during labor. The truth would come out that Will was the baby's father, and Wilson would try to raise the baby together. But then Rafe would sue for custody of the baby because Rafe blamed Will for Gabi's death for some reason. (Maybe Will and Gabi were having an argument, and Gabi went into premature labor.)

There would be a big court battle, and the baby would go missing right before the judge announced the custody decision. Several different people would be accused of stealing the baby, but it would turn out that Nick was the baby thief. Then Chelsea would come to Salem and convince Nick to return the baby. Wilson would get custody of the child, and Rafe would leave town because he was pissed that Sami had supported Will during the custody battle....Of course, that's my dream storyline, so I'm sure it'll never happen! :frustration:
That'd be fine, except I'd change it so that Will relinquishes his rights to the child, realizing that children shouldn't be raising kids and lets Rafe leave town with the baby.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Nov 29 2012, 03:03 PM.

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Will&Sonny
Honeybees

I actually think that Gabi will die (or be sent to jail) at the end of this storyline. They have to get her and Nick out of the way somehow, so that Will and Sonny can raise the baby together. (Insert obvious "this is only speculation at this point" disclaimers here.) The two most obvious ways to do that would be to kill her off or send her (and Nick) to jail.

As for Tomlin and Whitesell's supposed Hernandez fetish, I see people mention that all the time, but unless I'm mistaken, Arianna was killed off during Whitesell's last stint as head writer.

cord08

Will&Sonny
Nov 29 2012, 03:09 PM
Honeybees
Will&Sonny
Honeybees

I actually think that Gabi will die (or be sent to jail) at the end of this storyline. They have to get her and Nick out of the way somehow, so that Will and Sonny can raise the baby together. (Insert obvious "this is only speculation at this point" disclaimers here.) The two most obvious ways to do that would be to kill her off or send her (and Nick) to jail.

As for Tomlin and Whitesell's supposed Hernandez fetish, I see people mention that all the time, but unless I'm mistaken, Arianna was killed off during Whitesell's last stint as head writer.
I doubt Gabi will be out of the picture if only for the fact that she is one of two women in the younger set. If she leaves/is killed off the only woman left would be Abby.
Edited by cord08, Nov 29 2012, 03:22 PM.

lumifan4life

cord08
Nov 29 2012, 03:15 PM
Will&Sonny
Nov 29 2012, 03:09 PM
Honeybees
Will&Sonny

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I doubt Gabi will be out of the picture if only for the fact that she is one of two women in the younger set. If she leaves/is killed off the only woman left would be Abby.
I agree. I actually see Will and Gabi raising this baby as co-parents. If Sonny chooses to stay with Will, he will be the third parent in the child's life. But I don't see Will taking the baby away from Gabi for any reason other than if she dies. That's the only way I see that happening. And so far there is no indication that Gabi will die so I have no reason to assume that Wabi won't be raising their baby together. WilSon should be able to raise a baby with the mother still being in that child's life. If they are not capable of doing so, something is wrong with them, lol. Just like any other couple where the guy gets his ex pregnant and must deal with the consequences, I don't see this situation being any different. Wishing Gabi away just because she is inconvenient to someone's favorite couple makes me laugh especially when the couple is gay. Gabi should not be a threat. Ultimately, Will is going to raise his baby. Gabi is going to raise her baby and Sonny will have to deal and help out if that's what he wants. With or without Sonny, Will and Gabi are going to raise their baby.

Tammy
Member Avatar

So are we to believe that Sonny can't do basic mathematics??? Hello!!! Everyone who can add and subtract will know that Nick was still in prison when this baby was conceived! :hmmph:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply