Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best and Worst of 2012
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:28 PM (2,840 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The latest SOD has their annual Best/Worst list. Here's how Days did.

Most Preposterous Plot - The mystery of the letters/ John&Hope’s mind control
Best Special Episode - Daysaster
Worst Couple - Brady & Madison
Most Tortured Character - Nicole
Worst Return - Lisa Rinna
Worst Goodbye - Bo
Best Social Issue - Caroline has Alzheimers

Check the other sections of the board to see how other soaps compare and pick up the latest SOD to see the full list!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I actually agree.

Will&Sonny

Maybe it's just me (I have no problem admitting that I'm biased here), but I find it completely inexcusable that they neglected to give Days any recognition for Will's coming out storyline and Chandler Massey's performance. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best storylines/portrayals I've ever seen on ANY soap opera, period.

Ireland98

Will&Sonny
Nov 28 2012, 11:32 PM
Maybe it's just me (I have no problem admitting that I'm biased here), but I find it completely inexcusable that they neglected to give Days any recognition for Will's coming out storyline and Chandler Massey's performance. As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best storylines/portrayals I've ever seen on ANY soap opera, period.
I agree. I'm a little shocked that they picked the very short Alzheimer's story over the well written and well acted coming out story.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Daniel & Jennifer should have been worst couple.
Edited by darraholic, Nov 28 2012, 11:51 PM.

somersetfan
Member Avatar

I totally agree with this list. Lisa Rinna's return was pointless. The show really wasted a great opportunity there to. Lisa's a famewhore and could've promoted the hell out of Days in various places. All she basically did was host that Daysaster backstage thing.

I agree Daniel and Jen should be the worst couple. That recent SOD poll showed a large majority of fans think this also.
Edited by somersetfan, Nov 29 2012, 12:15 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

The inclusion of Bradison makes me want to point and laugh at Sarah Brown (who I have nothing against). But seriously. "We know what we're doing."

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Agree with all but Brady & Madison as the worst couple, I think they were a good couple. In fact thought Madison was the best love interest Eric Martsolf's Brady ever had.

Romancer66

lysie
Nov 28 2012, 11:28 PM

Worst Goodbye - Bo

Check the other sections of the board to see how other soaps compare and pick up the latest SOD to see the full list!
I miss some of SOD's quirkier categories in the Best & Worst issues. Like "Biggest Waste of Talent," for which MA should have been a shoo-in. And "Most Overexposed Heroine," which should go to the not so dearly departed Melanie. And they used to have a "Most Disappointing Show" category too, but I haven't seen that in recent years.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Will's coming out story was horrible.

Daysofold

Worst goodbye - hands down, Bo leaving. The show will never be the same.

lysie
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Nov 29 2012, 12:29 AM
lysie
Nov 28 2012, 11:28 PM

Worst Goodbye - Bo

I miss some of SOD's quirkier categories in the Best & Worst issues. Like "Biggest Waste of Talent," for which MA should have been a shoo-in. And "Most Overexposed Heroine," which should go to the not so dearly departed Melanie. And they used to have a "Most Disappointing Show" category too, but I haven't seen that in recent years.
Two of those went to other shows. As the first post says, this is not the complete list.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Nov 29 2012, 12:44 AM
Will&Sonny
Will's coming out story was horrible.
I agree.

I loved the Will & Marlena of it all, but they also knew how to do it well. Everything else was just bleh.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

DAY's should win worst everything.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 29 2012, 12:16 AM
The inclusion of Bradison makes me want to point and laugh at Sarah Brown (who I have nothing against). But seriously. "We know what we're doing."
I was about to disagree about bradison being the worst (across all shows?) but I've changed my mind now that I've been reminded of that.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Wow I actually agree with all of this, shocking :o

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

IMO, should have been this:

Worst Couple: EJ and Sami
Best Couple: EJ and Nicole
Worst Storyline: deadbabysex/Letters/parole storyline/Jope and the egg/Andrew and Gabi
Best Storyline: Will coming out
Best Actor: Chandler Massey
Best Actress: Arianne Zucker
Worst Character: Jennifer Horton/Daniel Jonas/Gabi Hernandez/Melanie Jonas
Worst Goodbye: Bo Brady
Most Tortured: the viewers

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

SOD got it right with the Jope shit. they def rank numb #1 on the list.

the rest was bad but not as much as to watch those two acting like they were still married. GMAFB

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

^^^This. What was the point of that storyline? It ended with what we already knew: EJ was indeed a DiMera.

lysie
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Nov 30 2012, 05:51 PM
^^^This. What was the point of that storyline? It ended with what we already knew: EJ was indeed a DiMera.
Well, that wasn't the original end, lol. We'll never know what the point was unless Mar or Dar talks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply