Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lauren Koslow Interview with BuzzWorthy Radio
Topic Started: Nov 28 2012, 11:52 PM (1,426 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2012/11/28/podcast-473-lauren-koslow-of-nbcs-days-of-our-lives/

Since 1995, Lauren Koslow has played the role of Kate Roberts on NBC Daytime‘s “Days of our Lives.” She previously was seen on two CBS Daytime soaps before landing at “Days,” which were “The Young and the Restless” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.” While Lauren has always had a knack for playing the schemer in daytime, it was her role on “Days” that has been her longest to date. However, fans have not been happy that we have seen less and less of her in recent weeks.

“When you kind of have a backburner story, you are kind of unhappy about it. You think about the audience, but this time, you had real time feedback about it. It was kind of cool, and it allows me to interact with the fans and let them know something is coming and to hang in there. It definitely happens. Am I happy about it? Of course not. However, I am looking forward to the story coming up.”

Not to worry, my friends. Lauren gave us a little tease of what’s to come and that we will finally see a huge story coming in the new year:

“We’re three months ahead, and Kate gets back into action in February. You will see me on screen, but you won’t see the beginning of it until the end of January/beginning of February. It kind of kicks off with a shocker that literally had me opening the script and go, ‘No…flippin…way!’ I LOVE that when the writer comes up with something that you don’t expect at all…which I didn’t. It definitely will be a surprise for the audience.”

Hmm…now, I saw that Kate’s former nemesis, Chloe (Nadia Bjorlin) is heading back to Salem, and tried to hint if this new story will involve them. All Lauren had to say was this:

“This is actually some brand new stuff that you never seen. How can I put this? It’s a new…it’s an interaction with a new set of players. Let’s put it that way. I wouldn’t have been shocked by THAT (Chloe and Kate), and I am not even exaggerating, I was shocked. I don’t know where this story goes, too. That’s fun, too.”

Interesting stuff, right? I cannot wait to see it begin.

What was pretty cool to learn was that her husband, Nicky Schillace, is a makeup artist and has his own Facebook page devoted to giving fans tips, and even is working on publishing a book on the subject. A little trivia: both Lauren and Nicky met at “Y&R” while he was the makeup artist there…and actually did the makeup for Melody Thomas Scott.

You can check out his Facebook page here: Nicky Schillace: A Makeup Man's POV

We also got to reminisce about Lauren’s time on both “Y&R” and “B&B,” as well as what I would like to see more of. Namely, I would love to see more of the business aspects, Kate having more scenes with Victor Kiriakis (John Aniston), Countess W and Titan going head to head. That would be great story!

To download the full podcast with Lauren Koslow, where you can hear us talk about David Bowie, Lindsay Wells, and a little impromptu tweet from a certain ex-”Days” star, click HERE.

Follow Lauren Koslow on Twitter at: @LaurenKoslow
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Thanks, NaVell!

Quote:

I LOVE that when the writer comes up with something that you don’t expect at all

This always makes me nervous. This is how you end up with egg babies or stolen organs or coma dreams.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Kate is a great character anyway, but I just wish with everything that DAYS could do a good damn business story. That would put Kate over the top as one of the absolute best. When a business story clicks it can light a soap on fire. Y&Rs best rivalries start with business. B&B is a show mostly based on huge companies clashing. GH has ELQ and every time that pops up the storylines are wildly popular. DAYS just throws out these company names but we never see huge boardroom wars and we only hear that someone one-upped someone else.

MarDar really scarred me for life because I thought we were getting Sarah Joy Brown vs. Lauren Koslow in a business storyline. That could have been EPIC. But nah, it was all about Sami and those two characters never really got to go at it like they should have. We weren't invested in any businesses. I don't get why its so hard for DAYS. We have Titan, Countess W, Basic Black, DiMera Enterprises. Who knows what any of these companies actually do, but I would like to see a business war with smart characters. Too bad this show is not capable of that.

Anyway, thrilled to see that Lauren Koslow will be back in action, but February?! Damn, this show is ridiculous. I'm not sure what she means by we will be shocked because that is reallllly hard to do and rarely happens when we are told we're going to get shocked. Also not sure who she will be working with that's surprising. Still looking forward to Nancy vs. Kate. Kate vs. Chloe never really did much for me because even though Kate went overboard trying to kill Chloe, I never felt like Chloe was sympathetic. Kate always ends up looking like the bad guy even though a lot of the times she's the character who I think is in the right. Mostly against Chloe, Sami, Daniel, Lucas..

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Nov 28 2012, 11:52 PM
Lauren gave us a little tease of what’s to come and that we will finally see a huge story coming in the new year:

"We’re three months ahead, and Kate gets back into action in February. You will see me on screen, but you won’t see the beginning of it until the end of January/beginning of February."
So KC's sweeps preview really was more of a November to January preview.

AFaithL

I really hope Chloe and Daniel reunite. I loved them together. So glad Koslow is gettin some good material, too. Wish they would bring back JKJ's Philip!! So much storyline potential with Chloe, Daniel, and Kate.

tylerbo20

So she's gonna work at the pub?? Lol

Virgo Twins
Member Avatar

Glad to hear that there is more coming up for Kate. I am excited to see what is coming for her. We really do not get to see much of Kate. So it is nice to hear this.

shar_d
Member Avatar

Glad to see Kate get a new storyline. She's a talented actress who is underrated and underused. I also hope that they reunite my State ♡

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

So glad to hear that Kate's going to have a big storyline coming up and that Lauren is so enthusiastic about it. I don't like how MIA she's been since they foisted yucky Ian (the character, not the actor) upon her. He is much better placed on GH.

Lil
Member Avatar

Looking forward to more Kate. Hope it's good!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Kate is my favorite female character on the show, it sound promising.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

tomsawyer
Nov 29 2012, 12:41 AM
NavJLee8785
Nov 28 2012, 11:52 PM
Lauren gave us a little tease of what’s to come and that we will finally see a huge story coming in the new year:

"We’re three months ahead, and Kate gets back into action in February. You will see me on screen, but you won’t see the beginning of it until the end of January/beginning of February."
So KC's sweeps preview really was more of a November to January preview.
That's what it sounds like to me.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

shar_d
Dec 2 2012, 10:30 PM
Glad to see Kate get a new storyline. She's a talented actress who is underrated and underused. I also hope that they reunite my State ¢½
Man your avatar of Kristen is smoking hot!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply