Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 11/26; Twitter/FB list, Contact info list in first post
Topic Started: Nov 26 2012, 07:55 AM (8,922 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As for Chelsea, unless she's coming back for Nick, then I don't want her having any involvement in a potential Max return. Hated that pairing. Hated it the first time. Hated it the second time. Just have it said they broke up off-screen and call it a day. Max belongs with Abigail!
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I feel like Max is a character they tried really hard with over a relatively long period of time with several possible romances but he never quite popped, so I'm not sure what bringing him back would accomplish.

I'm also meh on Chelsea, though I love the actress and think the character has a lot of potential. Without Bo/Billie (at least one of them) it would seem a little off, and I'd want them to really incorporate a rocky relationship between Chelsea/Hope, which would be unlikely since Days is mostly about sex partners and not that kind of family-ish sort of thing. If she did come back, I'd want her with EJ too, not Chad (Chad is lame, imho, more than the other lame male characters they've created).

Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Sorry, but I thought Max was scuzzy. (That was before I knew that Daniel would come along and take the prize for all time scuzziest.) But still, I don't recall Max having any redeeming qualities or much depth of any kind. He was just kind of there -- like too many characters who are currently on the canvas. Don't really need another one imo.

(I have to add that the original Max was a cutie pie -- and a pretty good little child actor. Whatever happened to him?)

Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 28 2012, 07:28 PM
I feel like Max is a character they tried really hard with over a relatively long period of time with several possible romances but he never quite popped, so I'm not sure what bringing him back would accomplish.
But he was never really given any real shots that went anywhere other than Chelsea and Stephanie. Both of those romances never caught on because no one wanted to see Max dating his nieces. The short flings Max developed with Mimi and then Abigail were pretty popular with fans, but both actresses left the show before the pairing could really get off the ground.

I think if the writers brought him back and paired him with Abigail again, it could really work this time. Brooks is a great actor. I always envisioned him as the next Bo. Since Bo is gone, I'd like to have that bad boy with a heart back on the show. Max is perfect in that role.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 28 2012, 07:33 PM
Sorry, but I thought Max was scuzzy. (That was before I knew that Daniel would come along and take the prize for all time scuzziest.) But still, I don't recall Max having any redeeming qualities or much depth of any kind. He was just kind of there -- like too many characters who are currently on the canvas. Don't really need another one imo.

(I have to add that the original Max was a cutie pie -- and a pretty good little child actor. Whatever happened to him?)

See, I have a different opinion on the character. Sure, he was given the "playboy role." But they constantly showed hints of him wanting to move on from that role. They did it with Mimi. They did it again with Abigail. Her family was concerned about Max's reputation, but it was obvious Max wanted something real with Abigail. And then he was always consoling with Stephanie when she was going through her problems after she was raped. And then he was there for Melanie once he found out she was his sister. I thought Max had a lot of depth. There were several redeeming qualities about him. Actually, there was nothing he ever did that really needed redeeming.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

annie21

That's pretty much what I think. Original Max was great though. I also liked the one who had Jack run an ad for a grandfather for him. Brooks' Max? Meh. And I thought Brooks moved on to bigger and better things or something. Didn't he have some sort of popular show? Maybe it was less than I thought it was. And the niece dating was so eeww.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Nov 28 2012, 07:40 PM
px780
Nov 28 2012, 07:28 PM
But he was never really given any real shots that went anywhere other than Chelsea and Stephanie. Both of those romances never caught on because no one wanted to see Max dating his nieces. The short flings Max developed with Mimi and then Abigail were pretty popular with fans, but both actresses left the show before the pairing could really get off the ground.

I think if the writers brought him back and paired him with Abigail again, it could really work this time. Brooks is a great actor. I always envisioned him as the next Bo. Since Bo is gone, I'd like to have that bad boy with a heart back on the show. Max is perfect in that role.
Hmm. Good point. I think my take on it is more...if he were spectacular enough to warrant a return, those pairings would have popped and people would've gotten over the niece thing. People get over all kinds of stuff when the actors click, y'know? So I just don't get bringing the character/actor back as opposed to maybe trying something new.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

I could really do without Max. I never cared for his storylines that involved boinking his nieces. I thought Rachel Melvin & Shelley Hennig were wasted on there pairings with Max.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Other than a date for Abby.... what good is Max to DAYS... I don't think he's gonna light any fires to make DAYS on fire!
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 28 2012, 07:42 PM
annie21

See, I have a different opinion on the character. Sure, he was given the "playboy role." But they constantly showed hints of him wanting to move on from that role. They did it with Mimi. They did it again with Abigail. Her family was concerned about Max's reputation, but it was obvious Max wanted something real with Abigail. And then he was always consoling with Stephanie when she was going through her problems after she was raped. And then he was there for Melanie once he found out she was his sister. I thought Max had a lot of depth. There were several redeeming qualities about him. Actually, there was nothing he ever did that really needed redeeming.
Everyone hated the airline story, but I always loved where it left Max... trying to be a highroller by investing in the airline, having to be a hero when everyone involved turned out to be human traffickers and scuzzballs, then losing the garage when he lost his investment. He reluctantly worked at the pub for a while before getting involved in the sorority story. I enjoyed him dating Morgan -- one of those soapy relationships that isn't supposed to last forever but feeds into other things.

It was Higley making him a genius later that didn't work for me... but if they did bring him back as a doctor, I find the whole idea of him basically switching roles with Nick from their old identities kind of interesting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

AHM
Nov 28 2012, 07:52 PM
annie21
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0722587/

I think this might be him: http://www.pacificresidenttheatre.com/MichaelRedfield.htm
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

The show is emphasizing that Abby is a virgin, which means they must be gearing up for some kind of story for her at some point. My view is that no one has yet appeared who is a real strong match for her. Chad? Uh uh. Cameron? Nope. And Max? Sorry, but I don't think that character has enough depth to make him a compelling match.

Abby's parents had an incredibly compelling, fun, adventurous, angst-ridden, deeply moving roller-coaster ride of a journey to get to the point where they made love (and yes, they were both deeply in love with each other). It would be nice if Abby herself could get anywhere near that kind of story. But it ain't going to happen with these writers. So I would at least like to feel good about the guy she's with. And, imo, Max as previously written and played by Darin Brooks ain't it.

Edited by annie21, Nov 28 2012, 08:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

I would take Max/Darin Brooks over Nick/Blake Berris ANY day of the week. I hope this happens, and I hope that it's more than just a quick visit.

Re: Rachel Melvin, I don't know if this means anything or not, but Mark Hapka has been hanging out with her recently. It's probably just a case of two friends spending time together during the holidays (as far as I'm aware, they're not dating), but there might be more to the story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

#AnyoneButHapka
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

granolagirl
Nov 28 2012, 08:41 PM
AHM
Nov 28 2012, 07:52 PM
annie21
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0722587/

I think this might be him: http://www.pacificresidenttheatre.com/MichaelRedfield.htm
Wow, he certainly grew up! An actor of stage and screen, a composer, concert pianist, director, and lighting designer. Talk about multi-talented! Not bad on the eyes either. Now, this guy should come back and reprise the role of Max. But it sounds like he's way too talented for this show, which doesn't value such things.

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I say give Darin Brooks a chance. He's had the opportunity to do other things and who knows? Many people weren't crazy about Ari Zucker's acting the first time around, and when she came back, pow! Maybe he'll do the same thing. Hard telling what they have in mind for him, but until we find out...........heck.........
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

annie21

I agree. I was lukewarm on Max for the most part, then the niece screwing commenced and I was totally turned off by the character. YES, I know they were not blood related (before someone yells at me about that) but when your girlfriend calls the same woman that you call mom her grandma, you are related. Max was a like a Jeff Foxworthy joke on two legs to me. I suppose with good writing and a romantic pairing that isn't in his immediate family, he could be a decent character. I won't hold my breathe on that with this current set of writers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 28 2012, 08:32 PM
Other than a date for Abby.... what good is Max to DAYS... I don't think he's gonna light any fires to make DAYS on fire!
He's a Brady. He's the only believable young male future lead the show has other than Blake Berris and Chandler Massey. That's enough for me. And it gives Abigail a shot at a real romance, something I can't see her ever having with Cameron or Chad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 28 2012, 08:42 PM
The show is emphasizing that Abby is a virgin, which means they must be gearing up for some kind of story for her at some point. My view is that no one has yet appeared who is a real strong match for her. Chad? Uh uh. Cameron? Nope. And Max? Sorry, but I don't think that character has enough depth to make him a compelling match.

Abby's parents had an incredibly compelling, fun, adventurous, angst-ridden, deeply moving roller-coaster ride of a journey to get to the point where they made love (and yes, they were both deeply in love with each other). It would be nice if Abby herself could get anywhere near that kind of story. But it ain't going to happen with these writers. So I would at least like to feel good about the guy she's with. And, imo, Max as previously written and played by Darin Brooks ain't it.
Abigail is never going to have anything like Jack and Jennifer had. Ever. I hate when soap writers try to recapture a supercouple's qualities in said supercouple's children. I always thought Max was good for Abigail because he forced Abigail to grow up and face realities.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

KJAlfonso: Beautiful day in Salem today ; ))
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/273975009754636289
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic