Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 11/26; Twitter/FB list, Contact info list in first post
Topic Started: Nov 26 2012, 07:55 AM (8,668 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

cord08
Nov 29 2012, 09:08 PM
Casey Deidrick
Chillin with the #DOOL crew today! @BlakeBerris @ChandlerMassey @KateMansi @camilabanus

Fan: Since you did acknowledge him, is @freddiemsmith still on Days? He's the only younger cast member never mentioned #worried
Blake Berris: yes he is. And he is tearing it up. We are filming some great episodes comin up

Kate Mansi
Special thanks to @matthewhairpro for helping with today's shoot!

Sounds like the younger set had a new photoshoot today.

Lauren Koslow was having her photo taken too. I wonder if the "new players" story she was talking about involves this crew.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cupcake06

nocturnalblondie
Nov 29 2012, 11:03 PM
Why would Freddie not be on the show anymore? There's so much paranoia.
I didn't get that either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

specialcases
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 28 2012, 06:29 PM
she forgot to point to her gaudy earring
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Is it just me or does MR look like she'd rather not be in the pic? Her face is smiling, but her eyes look like she's gritting her teeth.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

annie21
Nov 30 2012, 08:02 AM
Is it just me or does MR look like she'd rather not be in the pic? Her face is smiling, but her eyes look like she's gritting her teeth.

Yep, You got that right! .... It's pretty much the look I see on screen too!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Cupcake06
Nov 29 2012, 11:53 PM
nocturnalblondie
That belief is due to the Kish situation at OLTL a couple of years ago. The gay characters were unceremoniously cut and the actors fired because they were the fall guys for the show's alleged ratings decrease.

Some fans of Days' gay characters are fearful this same event will happen here. Since it would be tough to explain the firing of the show's most recent Emmy winner (Massey), I think some fans believe Smith will be fired and Will will suddenly become straight again due to the baby. This would allow the show to kill the gay story without pissing off the fans in the same callous way that OLTL did.

I'm not saying Days would ever do something like that given how Will and Sonny seem to be enormously popular among the show's younger viewers. Then there is all of the attention given to the characters and stories from non-soap media, something every other aspect of the show cannot come close to matching.

Basically, I think it's irrational fear due to being burned in the past.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 30 2012, 09:30 AM
annie21
Nov 30 2012, 08:02 AM

Yep, You got that right! .... It's pretty much the look I see on screen too!
With those two scrawny necks hanging out front and center in that pic, I think I would have deleted that shot and tried again. It certainly doesn't flatter either one of tgem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Lil
Nov 29 2012, 02:03 PM
Supergirlx2
AHHH!! Both of their necks are horrifying in this picture lol
Any White Christmas fans around here? I always found it interesting that they dressed Vera Ellen in all those adorable costumes but every single one of them had a very high collar so her neck was always covered. As it turns out as adorable as she was her neck was apparently awful looking from years of eating disorders/being underweight.

DAYS costume department should take note.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 30 2012, 11:29 AM
Lil
Nov 29 2012, 02:03 PM
Supergirlx2
AHHH!! Both of their necks are horrifying in this picture lol
Any White Christmas fans around here? I always found it interesting that they dressed Vera Ellen in all those adorable costumes but every single one of them had a very high collar so her neck was always covered. As it turns out as adorable as she was her neck was apparently awful looking from years of eating disorders/being underweight.

DAYS costume department should take note.
Seriously. They are both very attractive women FOR THEIR AGES. They are a few years too old and a few pounds too short of being attractive in low cut tops. JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kate Mansi
It's official. @eileen_davidson IS superwoman. Love that chick!
Online Profile Goto Top

rosered

@ericmartsolf

Ok guys.... Is it gonna be "Krady" or Bristen"? This action needs a name....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

BlakeBerris: @KJAlfonso this one's for you Kristian ; ) http://pic.twitter.com/nHhL2MKT
https://twitter.com/BlakeBerris/status/274658142686679042
Online Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Nov 30 2012, 09:42 AM
Cupcake06
Nov 29 2012, 11:53 PM
nocturnalblondie
That belief is due to the Kish situation at OLTL a couple of years ago. The gay characters were unceremoniously cut and the actors fired because they were the fall guys for the show's alleged ratings decrease.

Some fans of Days' gay characters are fearful this same event will happen here. Since it would be tough to explain the firing of the show's most recent Emmy winner (Massey), I think some fans believe Smith will be fired and Will will suddenly become straight again due to the baby. This would allow the show to kill the gay story without pissing off the fans in the same callous way that OLTL did.

I'm not saying Days would ever do something like that given how Will and Sonny seem to be enormously popular among the show's younger viewers. Then there is all of the attention given to the characters and stories from non-soap media, something every other aspect of the show cannot come close to matching.

Basically, I think it's irrational fear due to being burned in the past.
While I can understand that fear, it still seems slightly irrational, given the circumstances. There's one major difference between Oliver and Kyle on OLTL and Will and Sonny on Days -- at the risk of offending their fans, Oliver and Kyle were nobodies in the town of Llanview. They weren't really connected to any major families. The same cannot be said for Will Horton and Sonny Kiriakis.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to get rid of characters who are members of core families -- Bo is just the most recent example of the show's ability to do just that (although that was the actor's choice; a more appropriate comparison would probably be Carrie and Austin). However, it is much easier to sweep a few nobodies under the rug than it is to sweep legacy characters under the rug.

In any case, I think that, at this point -- after it's been made clear on more than one occasion (and clearly promoted on one of those occasions) that Will and Sonny are sexually active, which is more than could be said about any other [American] soap opera -- NBC has proven that they are willing to support Will and Sonny. I highly doubt that NBC will get rid of them any time soon, unless Freddie Smith or (more likely) Chandler Massey decide not to renew their contracts. I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather not see either of those roles (especially Will) recast.

But I digress...the point is, I don't think that anyone has anything to worry about. Even if someone at NBC really hated Will and Sonny, the amount of backlash that they would receive at this point for sabotaging the storyline would be enough of a deterrent to guarantee that they would not move forward with any plans to do so, IMO. The storyline has garnered too much praise and too much press to end it now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I hope that if Chandler Massey were to leave DAYS when his contract is up that DAYS would definitely re-cast Will. It would be a shame not to.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Deidre has some cute pictures with Drake, Eileen, and Kate Mansi on her page.

https://www.facebook.com/DeidreHallFanPage?fref=ts
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Does the pic with Eileen look like they're recreating scooby doo to anyone else?
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

lysie
Dec 1 2012, 10:04 AM
Does the pic with Eileen look like they're recreating scooby doo to anyone else?
I caught a 70s vibe and some scooby doo as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

specialcases
Nov 30 2012, 06:44 AM
Supergirlx2
she forgot to point to her gaudy earring
Maybe she's read the threads and is going to be more subtle with it from now on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Supergirlx2
Nov 30 2012, 07:02 PM
KJAlfonso: @BlakeBerris See u Monday ,Your the sweetest!! ; )))))XO
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/274972169522536448
Online Profile Goto Top

ILoveAGoodDanish
Member Avatar

Kristen is way to old for Brady. There, I said it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic