Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 29 2012, 02:25 PM (6,394 Views)
michr544125

In all fairness (and maybe you can call me biased) the writing for Sonny is dry. They make his character Mr.Perfect all of the time. When he first came on the show he had more of an attitude and more of a fire going because the writing allowed it. He was more of his own character they were developing when he first started. But the writing now is constantly about Sonny just being there as a shoulder of support for Will. I would have rather seen Sonny cheat on Will right now with Will making it seem that Sonny isn't his first priority. At least that would allow Sonny to have a character flaw. I'm hoping maybe Sonny finds out about Will being the father and keeps it from Will not knowing that Will already knows. At least that would be some kind of flaw for Sonny.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 30 2012, 06:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 30 2012, 06:14 PM
In all fairness (and maybe you can call me biased) the writing for Sonny is dry. They make his character Mr.Perfect all of the time. When he first came on the show he had more of an attitude and more of a fire going because the writing allowed it. He was more of his own character they were developing when he first started. But the writing now is constantly about Sonny just being there as a shoulder of support for Will. I would have rather seen Sonny cheat on Will right now with Will making it seem that Sonny isn't his first priority. At least that would allow Sonny to have a character flaw. I'm hoping maybe Sonny finds out about Will being the father and keeps it from Will not knowing that Will already knows. At least that would be some kind of flaw for Sonny.
His scenes with Chad today weren't about being a support for Will. And they sucked. :shrug:

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Here's my thoughts about Will, Nick & Gabi for what it's worth. If they go the way of Nick claiming the baby and marrying Gabi, what if Gabi died during child birth - there could be a great custody fight between Will and Nick. It might be interesting if Will and Sonny raised the baby together - oh, but that would be too different so it'll never happen.

michr544125

lysie
Nov 30 2012, 06:17 PM
michr544125
His scenes with Chad today weren't about being a support for Will. And they sucked. :shrug:
I liked Sonny at the end. I enjoyed him, Chad and Will together. I thought Sonny had much more of a fire going. Sonny's scenes are so small and so far has very little role in the meat of the story so I wouldn't expect him to be the most interesting one in this.

It was the Sonny and Will scenes that I wasn't jumping up and down about. And I would have expected to with an I love you. They are very inconsistent to me lately. I thought their chemistry was off the charts for their first kiss. Then it lagged a bit. Then a couple of weeks prior to and for the love scene I thought they were hot together. But today was just ok. But to me the writing sucked also. The I love you was just thrown in and didn't seen to have any emotional build up to it. Maybe that was part of the problem. I know they have chemistry because when they are on they are on but it just seems like some days the two actors are not on the same page .
Edited by michr544125, Nov 30 2012, 06:41 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Nov 30 2012, 06:26 PM
lysie
Nov 30 2012, 06:17 PM
michr544125
I liked Sonny at the end. I enjoyed him, Chad and Will together. I thought Sonny had much more of a fire going. Sonny's scenes are so small and so far has very little role in the meat of the story so I wouldn't expect him to be the most interesting one in this.

It was the Sonny and Will scenes that I wasn't jumping up and down about. And I would have expected to with an I love you. They are very inconsistent to me lately. I thought their chemistry was off the charts for their first kiss. Then it lagged a bit. Then a couple of weeks prior to and for the love scene I thought they were hot together. But today was just ok. But to me the writing sucked also. The I love you was just thrown in and didn't seen to have any emotional build up to it. Maybe that was part of the problem.
For good reason, they were playing Will as preoccupied, distracted and kind of out of it, thus the video games. I kind of thought he wanted to stay in Sonny's apartment and play games, have sex and probably eat - and that's it - forever. They weren't as comfortable as they were in their first love scene, and that's appropriate, I think.

But you're right, they need to give Sonny a POV and a problem set of his own. It's already set up. Sonny was warned by his mother that Will is a nice guy but has a ton of baggage. Sonny's now getting just a glimpse of that baggage. I do hope this shows a pattern of Sonny's to get involved with emotional train wrecks.

The Chad/Iago stuff could be interesting if they took the time to portray it right. Sonny can't very well avoid Chad - and careful placed word here and there could make Sonny very suspicious of Will and Gabi and Nick.

But in a way, the I love yous were awkward for a reason. Just like Will and Gabi didn't get to sit down and discuss their pregnancy and what to do after Gabi decided not to terminate because of interference by Sami, Rafe & Nick, Sonny and Will didn't get to say their I love yous naturally because Lucas stuck his nose in their business.

jb1183

I'm so tired of characters saying over and over again how "generous, wonderful, handsome, brave, amazing," etc. Daniel is. I feel like a different character takes a turn every single episode reminding viewers what an incredible, Godlike man the great Dr. Jonas supposedly is. Such blatant, never ending propping of a character that viewers have long ago made clear they don't like and don't want around, especially at the expense of a beloved character like Jack.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm convinced Kristen is the biggest evil genius of all time.

And, at least Brady isn't as gullible as Ethan? He could still beat him in a game of wits.

Chad is really p*ssing me off. Can someone throw him in a secret room? Please??

Did I mention Kristen's awesome? ;)

Overall I'm finding the show MUCH more enjoyable than it was under MarDar or Higley. The cast interacts with one another much better, their are far fewer missed opportunities (besides the whole Kristen's dead thing, still annoyed about that one), and it's not an EJ-Sami-Rafe day every single freaking day of the week. IMHO, this is as good as Days has been since 2006/early 2007.

cord08

Quote:

I was expecting a quick fix for Shakes McGee, but since it failed I'm HIGHLY looking forward to the smack down you just know Maggie is going to hand Jennifer.

I'm sure they're dragging out the story so that Dan can receive the annual "Christmas miracle." :drunk:

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kristen is awesome. One thing, though, I do miss Will's scheming weasel side, and I wish he was still EJ's major domo. I'd like to see Kristen give William some fun orders to carry out. Chad and Kristen don't sparkle as much as I think Will and Kristen would. Plus, that would make me think Will might not be the smartest person for Nick to be messing with. But still, all of your points are good ones.

Except that I am also thinking that Kristen's John obsession feels a little off nowdays. There are better in choices in Salem, including Brady but man, oh, man would I like it if it were ERIC being seduced by her. That way we could still have the Marlena rivalry.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 30 2012, 06:00 PM
Today was okay. Nothing great, but nothing pissed me off.

IMO, Chad and Sonny are currently the two biggest wastes of space this show has. FS was really good when he started, but he's dull dull dull now. Casey has always sucks and giving him a drunk scene only made him suck more.
Definitely agree about Sonny, he has no real purpose and just exists to prop Will imo. Tomsell obviously have no intentions to write anything of substance for the Kiriakis clan. I do like darker Chad though, at least comparison with how he was before.
Edited by JtSmarts, Dec 1 2012, 07:27 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 29 2012, 07:49 PM
supercool74
Nov 29 2012, 06:10 PM
Wow, so Will goes and has sex with his boyfriend and then proceeds to tell him he loves him. Hmmmm, I wonder....I think Will might be GAY!.
I will take my licks here. Bring on the dogpile!

I was quite surprised by this unspoiled scene. Then again, if I had to deal with Nick and Gabi for most of the week, I'd want to get drunk or have sex, too. At least Will is remaining faithful to his man. Sami could learn a few things from her son.
Giving your word to do something should mean something.You should think carefully before giving your word to someone because once you give your word to someone that you will do something,you should keep your word.I think it is a matter of integrity.If you do not do what you have agreed to do when it is possible to keep the agreement without causing physical harm to someone,you are a person who cannot be trusted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply