Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Greg Vaughan
Topic Started: Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM (3,829 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

What’s coming up for Eric?
There’s a lot of great things on the forefront. Right now we’re in the beginning chapter of where we’re going and what’s to come. It’s kind of reconnecting dots and relationships and supporting and being a good listener for the people who need it right now. In the early stages we’ve been talking more about others, but there have also been a lot of questions about why I have this collar. It’s the last thing anyone would have expected. So there’s also been something that Eric has been kind of dealing with and going through in his own life. It’s been difficult. We’re going to start seeing what happened with him during the twelve years he was gone; where he went and why he made the choices that he did and who’s been in front of him or behind him in his life. I think we’re about to understand a little more about the person he’s become.

There seems to be some lead up to something with Nicole. What can you tell us about that?
Everybody just kind of like…the thing about Ari and I is that there’s been so much in the past that had been created and it’s like creating a new history in itself. The past is the past. It’s like making a classic movie again. You don’t touch something that’s been great. So I think with all due respect to what’s been created then and how much change and transition people have gone through…when someone comes back in your life and you cross paths again, what’s that like? How do you respond? You run into your ex and there’s like new feelings and new awkwardness. We’ve been kind of charting that area, and still try to let someone know that you’re there for them and are a comfort. Then finishing each other’s thoughts and it’s like wow that spark is there or we still have that magic or it isn’t there. Then you start questioning where it’s going to go. She’s really a true talent, and she’s exciting and is a joy to work with, so we’re really enjoying the process of building this direction and where its going. And that’s about it.

About a year and a half ago you tweeted that you had met with Days but weren’t going to take the job. What happened back then?
There was an opportunity after leaving General Hospital, and I kind of felt like a budding flower just kind of out in the world and expanding and spreading my wings. Trying to take up personal challenges. The timing wasn’t appropriate and the character…I just didn’t feel like there was any great challenge to me in that period that I hadn’t already been doing. If there was something on the table I wanted to really have a big impact and get something that would stick to me. Like the drug story on GH was something that was really hard and deep rooted and serious stuff and I could deal with that. The great thing about this is when they came around with Eric, I thought it was going to be the same thing as before, but they said the twist is that you’re going to be a priest. And it completely caught me off guard in a good way. It was unexpected. I put a lot of thought into, and I thought it would really be the opposite of what anyone would expect. And at the same time, you would never expect me to be a priest. There’s great challenges with that. It’s out of my comfort zone. I have no experience or training whatsoever with anything like this, so there were a lot of elements in place for why I thought this would be great. I also came into it with numerous other people. Because of the importance of the character, everybody from NBC and Days and Corday was involved. It was like we’ve got to make this one work. It was very important, and I saw that. And Arianne even told me how important this role was to her; the history, but also she was so passionate about creating something. That kind reinvigorated my interest. So they called and offered the job, and I made the right choice.

Around the same time we got the news that you’d been cast as Eric we heard that you’d been cast in a TV movie with Alison Sweeney as your love interest. We know you’re actors and that it comes with the territory, but was it weird to switch from a romantic dynamic to a sibling dynamic?
No. You know, it was funny how it all came about. I was testing for the show, and a week later I got a call and was offered a role, and I said great. I started the next day, so I didn’t really know what was going on, who it was with. I hadn’t even gotten to dive into the script enough yet to connect the dots. And then I found out it was Alison, and I was like “how ironic is this?” We just really focused our pure attention on the project because we both knew what was coming down the line later. There’s a time to be professional and there’s a time to laugh about it and goof around. When it came to doing the movie we really connected on a different level than we do now. It’s like night and day. There’s definitely going to be an interesting development for the movie point of view and for the TV view.

You have said that when you took the role of Eric, you got a call from Jensen Ackles. Does it feel like you’re taking over his part or is Eric more your own?
He’s in a new place now definitely. My conversation with Jensen is we’re good friends. We grew up ten minutes from each other. I knew him when he was on the show. I think I was doing Charmed at the time. He’s a tremendously talented, gifted actor who’s doing really well, and this character was near and dear to his heart. It’s his whole foundation of where he is today. He was not only excited to hear that they were bringing the character back, but knowing that it was someone he knew that was going to be doing it. He just gave me a good congratulations and wished me the best. He said he was going to tune in. It was great to get support from him, and we still hang out when we can.

Is there something coming up that you’re especially excited about?
Every day is an unexplored moment for me. The writers are hired to do what they do, and I’m hired to do what I do. I kind of let surprises happen for myself. I don’t dive into quickly because I like it to be raw and romantic and let things kind of happen within itself. I don’t know what’s in the forefront. I don’t know what’s coming. We shoot pretty far ahead, but I do know that a lot more opening doors of Eric is going to come into play, and I think a lot more of a relationship basis with the family. I think there’s a lot of deep-rooted issues with some that need to be worked out.

Is there anything else you’d like to add?
It’s been fun, and I hope everyone is enjoying.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

TFP, and thanks for the interview! I would say that the Eric/Nicole dynamic/possibility is the only thing getting me to even read the spoilers these days.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Good interview...I still think that he accidentally killed someone or something similar, left someone gravely injured, near death and he decided to embrace religion to try to cope with that....we'll see.

Again DR asks the questions I want to hear. He didn't say much about story but it's evident from what we are seeing that Ericole will be a go one way or another.....and I love it!

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Thanks for another great interview. He definitely has a good head on his shoulders as he gave some solid answers with plenty of thought behind them. It certainly was not an interview filled with vapid answers.

It sounds like he is dedicated and enthusiastic about the role. That's all I ask from any actor because I know their performance will sell the material if they meet that criteria.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Good one Lysie!!

Glad you managed to get the interview even with the delays.

Good questions....I loved how much he mentioned AZ. Leaves me feeling pretty confident that's where they're headed.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Great interview! Thanks Lysie!

P.S. I totally love the idea of Eric accidentally killing someone, explaining his turn to religion. I hope it's something as dark and twisted as that!

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

cool interview! :) thanks for posting.

esp13
Member Avatar

Excellent interview. Thanks for posting it (and finding the time to do it). :)

MissLola
Member Avatar

Good interview. He seems like a really nice guy and it's good that they seem to be taking the time to give his back story. I am still undecided on whether or not I like this Eric though.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I really love gv and think so far hes a good eric. I cant wait to see more ericole

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

He said so much without saying absolutely anything at all.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM
there have also been a lot of questions about why I have this collar. It’s the last thing anyone would have expected. So there’s also been something that Eric has been kind of dealing with and going through in his own life. It’s been difficult. We’re going to start seeing what happened with him during the twelve years he was gone; where he went and why he made the choices that he did and who’s been in front of him or behind him in his life. I think we’re about to understand a little more about the person he’s become.

He really didn't say much, but I still get the feeling that he is working undercover following in the footsteps of his dad being a cop/ISA. I'm not really big on DAYS ruining a priest and mocking the sacred vows of a priest for a stupid romance plot point. Wouldn't be surprised though.

I didn't think he said much about Nicole at all...other than he loves working with Ari...and I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't love Ari. I enjoy their scenes though.

Love his mention of Jensen Ackles. :)

Thanks for posting!

Chelsea
Member Avatar

Good interview. The potential for Eric and Nicole has got my interest peaked, them and the Brady/Kristen/Marlena/John storyline are keeping me tuned in.

Carly
Member Avatar

Alligato
Nov 29 2012, 05:27 PM
lysie
Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM
there have also been a lot of questions about why I have this collar. It’s the last thing anyone would have expected. So there’s also been something that Eric has been kind of dealing with and going through in his own life. It’s been difficult. We’re going to start seeing what happened with him during the twelve years he was gone; where he went and why he made the choices that he did and who’s been in front of him or behind him in his life. I think we’re about to understand a little more about the person he’s become.

He really didn't say much, but I still get the feeling that he is working undercover following in the footsteps of his dad being a cop/ISA. I'm not really big on DAYS ruining a priest and mocking the sacred vows of a priest for a stupid romance plot point. Wouldn't be surprised though.

I didn't think he said much about Nicole at all...other than he loves working with Ari...and I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't love Ari. I enjoy their scenes though.

Love his mention of Jensen Ackles. :)

Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I was thinking that Eric might be working undercover. DAYS really needs a young hero/cop character. Maybe Eric's return is somehow tied to Kristen. I think that Eric is either investigating Kristen or working undercover with Kristen.

If Eric is working undercover, then I'd like to see a storyline where Nicole gets caught up in whatever Eric's investigating, and Eric and Nicole then have to work together to catch the bad guys.
Edited by Carly, Nov 29 2012, 06:30 PM.

Will&Sonny

Thanks for the interview!

That said, it's a very...noncommittal...interview. Unless we're to believe that absolutely nothing has happened in this storyline during the three months' worth of episodes that he's filmed that we've not yet been able to watch, I get the distinct impression that Greg Vaughan hates spoilers. I wonder if that's a relic from his time at GH/ABC.

MissLola
Member Avatar

None of the Days actors say very much in interviews anymore. I don't think they are allowed to.

camera shy

Sounds like to me that Ericole might not be definite and they just might keep him a priest.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I had no idea that he was going to be in a movie with Alision,what have I been hiding? That sounds like great idea. I have a hard time seeing them get romantic on screen though, I always think about Sami and not another character that se is going to be playing.

It seems like he is not really in a relationship with Nicole just yet, the writers are just teaisng them. I hope that there are some exicting things but basically he did not really get my hopes up that he is going to have a juicy story.

Here's hoping that Nicole stays in his orbit and do not back to Daniel

After this intervew, I am srota netural about him.

TFP ;)
Edited by JamesScott_19, Nov 29 2012, 07:04 PM.

Vicky4Mimi

Excellant interview. I'm excited to see where Eric's story leads.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Nice interview! He sounds like a sweetheart. He didn't give much away (if anything), yet I come out of it more interested in Eric's story, especially with Nicole.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply