Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Greg Vaughan
Topic Started: Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM (3,528 Views)
lazydazes
Member Avatar

simply loved gv`s responses and couldn`t be happier that he`s eric. He fits the role perfectly. And i can`t wait to see what`s ahead with ericole. Gonna b fantastic.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

great interview! He gave good answers.

bomber
Member Avatar

Carly
Nov 29 2012, 06:29 PM
Alligato
Nov 29 2012, 05:27 PM
lysie
Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM
there have also been a lot of questions about why I have this collar. It’s the last thing anyone would have expected. So there’s also been something that Eric has been kind of dealing with and going through in his own life. It’s been difficult. We’re going to start seeing what happened with him during the twelve years he was gone; where he went and why he made the choices that he did and who’s been in front of him or behind him in his life. I think we’re about to understand a little more about the person he’s become.

He really didn't say much, but I still get the feeling that he is working undercover following in the footsteps of his dad being a cop/ISA. I'm not really big on DAYS ruining a priest and mocking the sacred vows of a priest for a stupid romance plot point. Wouldn't be surprised though.

I didn't think he said much about Nicole at all...other than he loves working with Ari...and I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't love Ari. I enjoy their scenes though.

Love his mention of Jensen Ackles. :)

Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I was thinking that Eric might be working undercover. DAYS really needs a young hero/cop character. Maybe Eric's return is somehow tied to Kristen. I think that Eric is either investigating Kristen or working undercover with Kristen.

If Eric is working undercover, then I'd like to see a storyline where Nicole gets caught up in whatever Eric's investigating, and Eric and Nicole then have to work together to catch the bad guys.
If it turns out he's not really a priest then i'll be pissed that he has been lecturing Nicole and getting her to apologise to the sainted Dannibore. If he did that under the guise of being a priest, he's as hypocritical as the rest of Salem.

angie37
Member Avatar

I'm more than pleased to see that unlike MarDar, TomSell have actually come up with a backstory for a returning character and are going to reveal it slowly. It's good to know that falling back in love with Nikki (hopefully) isn't his only purpose in Salem/agenda. I hope his past involves something tragic and soapy, another emotional obstacle to overcome.

~bl~
Member Avatar

Considering they tape so far in advance I think the actors are wise not to say much as they are mentally a lot further ahead in the story than we are.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

camera shy
Nov 29 2012, 06:37 PM
Sounds like to me that Ericole might not be definite and they just might keep him a priest.
It might be that his just going to be a priest... but was hoping that he might 'sin' just a llittle. LOL!!

WGuyMd35

Quote:

About a year and a half ago you tweeted that you had met with Days but weren’t going to take the job. What happened back then?
There was an opportunity after leaving General Hospital, and I kind of felt like a budding flower just kind of out in the world and expanding and spreading my wings. Trying to take up personal challenges. The timing wasn’t appropriate and the character…I just didn’t feel like there was any great challenge to me in that period that I hadn’t already been doing.

This is the most interesting part of the interview, to me. What role did he turn down? Cameron? I can't think of any other males in his age range cast on the show in the past year+.

lysie
Member Avatar

WGuyMd35
Nov 30 2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:

About a year and a half ago you tweeted that you had met with Days but weren’t going to take the job. What happened back then?
There was an opportunity after leaving General Hospital, and I kind of felt like a budding flower just kind of out in the world and expanding and spreading my wings. Trying to take up personal challenges. The timing wasn’t appropriate and the character…I just didn’t feel like there was any great challenge to me in that period that I hadn’t already been doing.

This is the most interesting part of the interview, to me. What role did he turn down? Cameron? I can't think of any other males in his age range cast on the show in the past year+.
It was February of 2011. At the time we thought it was a recast Philip. This was just before all the reset stuff started happening BTS.

MissLola
Member Avatar

It Would have been interesting to see him as Phillip. Someone with a little more edge to him. I am not liking the priest thing.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I enjoyed reading the interview. So far I'm enjoying Greg Vaughan in the role of Eric and I'm looking forward to what the character has been up to these past 12 years.

Thanks!

justforfun

Carly
Nov 29 2012, 06:29 PM
Alligato
Nov 29 2012, 05:27 PM
lysie
Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM
there have also been a lot of questions about why I have this collar. It’s the last thing anyone would have expected. So there’s also been something that Eric has been kind of dealing with and going through in his own life. It’s been difficult. We’re going to start seeing what happened with him during the twelve years he was gone; where he went and why he made the choices that he did and who’s been in front of him or behind him in his life. I think we’re about to understand a little more about the person he’s become.

He really didn't say much, but I still get the feeling that he is working undercover following in the footsteps of his dad being a cop/ISA. I'm not really big on DAYS ruining a priest and mocking the sacred vows of a priest for a stupid romance plot point. Wouldn't be surprised though.

I didn't think he said much about Nicole at all...other than he loves working with Ari...and I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't love Ari. I enjoy their scenes though.

Love his mention of Jensen Ackles. :)

Thanks for posting!
Yeah, I was thinking that Eric might be working undercover. DAYS really needs a young hero/cop character. Maybe Eric's return is somehow tied to Kristen. I think that Eric is either investigating Kristen or working undercover with Kristen.

If Eric is working undercover, then I'd like to see a storyline where Nicole gets caught up in whatever Eric's investigating, and Eric and Nicole then have to work together to catch the bad guys.
Yep, agree with the thought that he is working undercover. He is investigating someone, maybe the Dimeras or Kristin. I think if he is truly a priest, then it may turn off some viewers watching him lust after nicole unless the audience knows what's up with him.

On a side note, I am not familiar with his work at all before Days, so my first impression is he's not a strong actor, but very nice to look at and I think he has chemistry with Nicole. Then again, I don't watch Days for the top notch acting. I watch for entertainment. :D

Will&Sonny

lysie
Nov 30 2012, 11:28 AM
WGuyMd35
Nov 30 2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:

It was February of 2011. At the time we thought it was a recast Philip. This was just before all the reset stuff started happening BTS.
I always got the impression that they wanted him for a short-term role (so...not a recast, basically -- something more like the role of Andrew [but not that specific role, obviously, since the timeline wouldn't be correct]), but I could be wrong.

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

I don't mind the Ericole pairing, but at this point, it may be more interesting to see them just be friends, and have him be a priest. Maybe bring Rafe into Nicole's orbit again, and watch Sami suffer, muahaha. Lol. I also think Eric and Chloe could be a good pairing. But again, I do ot mind Ericole, just think maybe, just maybe, EJole can come around again...

lazydazes
Member Avatar

i can do without ejole ever coming around again. Been there done that 2 many times. Ericole, on the other hand, is a shot of adrenaline that the show needs. Gv/az have great chemistry which has been evident in the few scenes that they`ve shared. I think that vaughan was careful to not reveal a lot and that just builds my interest more where eric/ericole are concerned. And i want it to be a nice slow burn. As for vaughan, i have seen his work outside of days and he is a great actor. I loved his portrayal as lucky on gh and was saddened when he departed the show. And i never enjoyed lucky`s character after that. I`m more than pumped that he`s on days and paired with my favorite character. He`s adapting to the role wonderfully and I`m excited to see where his story goes. And finally nicole is with her real true love rather than being someone`s sloppy seconds/thirds. It`s way past time that the show grows serious about teliing a story where she`s the object of a man`s love/affection. And that man has always been eric, imo.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

He's awful as Eric.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Love him.

peaches179

Sindacco
Dec 2 2012, 02:58 AM
He's awful as Eric.

I agree.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

GV is doing an excellent job with the material he`s been given. And I am eagerly anticipating eric`s journey and ericole. He has certainly rejuvenated my interest in the show along with bristen/nabi/wilson. As for the interview, it`s high time that story isn`t being given away. For the most part, it takes away from the essence of it if you know everything that`s gonna take place. Bring on gv, the slow build, eric, and ericole. I am more than game. And a tantalizing tale of how he got to the collar will probably be more than surprising. But, luv gv and ecstatic that someone had sense enough to bring him onboard :)

Lil
Member Avatar

Thanks for the interview. Too bad he didn't really say anything. I'm just hoping that he gets good soon because so far he bores me to tears. I'm not digging his Eric at all right now. and I wish he would articulate lol He still sounds very garbled to me when he speaks. Although I will likely come around. If he has more scenes like yesterday where he calls SlamPig out on her shit, I'm certain he will grow on me. And after all the crap in the last year or so it IS really nice to see someone genuinely in Nicole's corner.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Yes he is sooooo boring.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply