Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty Interview with Greg Vaughan
Topic Started: Nov 29 2012, 04:05 PM (3,697 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

lazydazes
Dec 2 2012, 02:34 AM
i can do without ejole ever coming around again. Been there done that 2 many times. Ericole, on the other hand, is a shot of adrenaline that the show needs. Gv/az have great chemistry which has been evident in the few scenes that they`ve shared. I think that vaughan was careful to not reveal a lot and that just builds my interest more where eric/ericole are concerned. And i want it to be a nice slow burn. As for vaughan, i have seen his work outside of days and he is a great actor. I loved his portrayal as lucky on gh and was saddened when he departed the show. And i never enjoyed lucky`s character after that. I`m more than pumped that he`s on days and paired with my favorite character. He`s adapting to the role wonderfully and I`m excited to see where his story goes. And finally nicole is with her real true love rather than being someone`s sloppy seconds/thirds. It`s way past time that the show grows serious about teliing a story where she`s the object of a man`s love/affection. And that man has always been eric, imo.
I pretty much agree with all of this. I supported EJole and thought their chemistry was much more evident than EJami's, but I accept that any interpretation is subjective and that there was always the nagging possibility that E.J.'s primary focus would ultimately continue to be Sami no matter how much he professed his love for Nicole. With Eric, we know he really loved her and that she's the one who killed it for them with her selfish, self-defeating actions years ago. There is no doubt that Eric's love for her is real and his concern for her is genuine. I'm ready for this. AZ and GV are incredibly sexy together, even when they're doing mundane things. James Scott is immensely sexy to me but when someone (or their character, in this case E.J.) has an ugly personality, it can start to detract even from their physical allure. At least that's how it works for me, and it's been happening with him much to my chagrin for awhile now. And even though Eric is a good guy (as far as we know), there's still plenty of room for drama considering his vocation, Sami's reaction etc. I hope they keep the pacing of their relationship (assuming it even becomes one) slow and steady, but it is a much-needed shot in the arm. E.J. can go be his usual pathetic, laughable self with Sami for awhile.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'd have been open to GV/AZ being paired together if they would have brought in GV as a bad boy. Having Eric have Nicole apologize to every fucking person under the sun and trying to change her really turns me off. I get wanting Nicole to be happy, I do too, but I want her to also be happy with someone who's like her and is not going to change her. That's why my preference will always be Ejole. Days really missed the boat bringing in GV as a boring priest.
Quote Post Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

His insistence she go on this apology tour enrages (& sickens) me. Wth must she apologise to the whole freaking town, although I doubt EJ is on her list. It's so unnecessary and contrived. Nicole would never lower herself for any of these hypocrites.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

While I haven't liked Ejami for a few years now and am not really decided on Eric ( a bit dull at the moment) , I do see the potential of an Ej/Sami/Nicole/Eric quad. A pair of twins and their sigificant others who just happen to be feuding exes has a lot of soapy potential and would involve the Brady family as well. Would love to see the twins get into it at a family function and get the family involved. And as evident from yesterday's episode, Ejole have great chemistry when they are at odds. This could be fun.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

It sure would be interesting but they really need to liven up Eric, too dull for words.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I understand why Eric suggesting Nicole apologize to certain people is infuriating. That's my gut reaction too...but I see what he's doing as something that he believes will ultimately benefit Nicole more than anyone else. Nicole has a difficult time forgiving herself, which is why in recent years we've seen so much self-pitying from her and why she's such a self-defeating character. Sure, she's great with a snappy turn of phrase or a cutting insult directed at deserving parties, but that doesn't make up for her own self-esteem deficit. If she can't at least attempt to rectify things she's done wrong, she can't truly move forward and reform herself in the way she now wishes to. Daniel and Jennifer will always be much bigger assholes by far in my book than Nicole, but she's not blameless. The fact that Daniel's and Jennifer's halos are severely tainted doesn't make Nicole's apologies totally unnecessary. Nicole can't clean up Daniel's and Jennifer's side of the street, but she can start to clean up her own, and that's worthwhile. Some apologies we offer are difficult and we offer them through gritted teeth. The same goes with offering forgiveness. Eric's desire to see Nicole "make right" things she's done wrong by seeking forgiveness may also tie in to his own trauma, whatever is causing his night terrors. He may have guilt about something and wish he could have had the opportunity to seek forgiveness from someone in a similar way.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Why must anything and everything come back to ejole? Keeping ejami/ejole intertwined is just a sly way to ensure that ej stays in nicole`s orbit. As an az/nicole supporter i want more for her than to be a third or fourth leg in the ejami saga. Sure i`ve supported bricole and ejole. Still have a soft spot for bricole but ejole`s pretty much a bust for me mainly because ej doesn`t love her. Never has never will.
As for greg v, my boy`s got skill. And i have enjoyed all of his roles. Right now he`s in a tough position because there will be non-positive sentiments simply because he`s getting in the way of a couple. So basically nothing he says or does will be accepted. As for zillions of gv supporters like me, we`re living it up and pumped that he`s on days. And i am past ecstatic that he`s in salem and paired with nicole my other fave.
Another plus eric is sexy as everything and i can`t wait until the collar melts off. And this is a soap pure entertainment. With all the thugs, kidnappers, etc that have populated salem throughout the years, i don`t see why he can`t find some tlc. And nicole is just the woman for the job..
Lastly, eric is a priest. He`s not going to be doing all the dastardly things. If he did, then it would be said that he`s not `priestly`
enough. And if anything, his purpose should not ever be to provide angst for ejole. GV fans want more for him than that. So, rock on gv. We luv ya` babe!

Will&Sonny

I really need to see him in street clothes more often. I feel like his priest uniform makes him look like he's old enough to be Nicole's father. :shrug: On Monday's show, I could have easily mistaken him for Roman, especially with his stiff delivery of his lines.

That said, I am glad that the character is back, but I can't say that the complaints about his performance are completely unwarranted (or that those complaints have anything to do with the pairing of E.J. and Nicole -- in my case, at least -- because I don't want E.J. to be with anyone, let alone Nicole).

lili
Member Avatar

Good interview, thanks for posting it, I'm glad Greg landed on DOOL I think he will do well in this role.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply