Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Spoilers for the week of December 10th
Topic Started: Nov 29 2012, 04:11 PM (9,563 Views)
Only1Way
Member Avatar

Then Sharon can schmooze up to that boss too. Try out Neils desk.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ejole Lifer

Chelsea should have never been here this long. I don't mind MCE's acting but Chelsea is as important as Skye Lockhart was when she was around. Sharon is obviously much more central to the show and to story.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I like MCE/Chelsea. I don't want her with Adam. Nobody should be saddled with Adam.
Edited by Checkers, Dec 5 2012, 08:36 PM.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Dec 5 2012, 07:44 PM
Chelsea is a great character and many love her. A lot of people like Chelsea and Adam mainly because up until Sharon came into the picture they were happy, made each other laugh and were friends and lovers.

No one every saw that with Adam and Sharon. there were no warm and fuzzy moments. Just anger, hurt and torment.

I would love to see Sharon go and Chelsea stay on the show and besides that, MCE is a much better actress then SC
I like Chelsea too but in no way would I keep her around and get rid of Sharon. Sharon has ties to the show and is a main character, Chelsea not so much.

Besides if they got rid of Sharon what in the world would we actually talk about in the Y&R section. That seems to be the argument everyday.
Edited by Crazygirl, Dec 5 2012, 09:17 PM.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Sharon is more important to this show than Chelsea, and Sharon Case is a better actress than MCE.

Shick
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Dec 5 2012, 07:55 PM
HotPepper
Chelsea is a great character and many love her. A lot of people like Chelsea and Adam mainly because up until Sharon came into the picture they were happy, made each other laugh and were friends and lovers.

No one every saw that with Adam and Sharon. there were no warm and fuzzy moments. Just anger, hurt and torment.

I would love to see Sharon go and Chelsea stay on the show and besides that, MCE is a much better actress then SC
I am one of those ppl that like Chelsea a lot. I enjoy MCE onscreen and with MM.

Although I would not like to see Sharon go. I think Sharon needs to get back to her normal self, then they need to find her something new to do and I don't mean a man. Because she has been doing practically the same old thing for the last 18 yrs!! When has this woman not been in a triangle of some sort?? I'm thinking down the road, Neil should hire her a Jabot. NE would not be a good place not just b/c Adam is there but b/c it is a war zone and she shouldn't get caught up in that.
There were many years before 2005 when Sharon wasn't in a triangle.

taylore
Member Avatar

Sharon go and Chelsea stay.....please she's (Chelsea) not that important to the show.And Sharon Case is a far better actress.
Edited by taylore, Dec 5 2012, 09:44 PM.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
Dec 5 2012, 08:50 PM
Sharon is more important to this show than Chelsea, and Sharon Case is a better actress than MCE.
SC is a far better actress, and i'm not just saying that. SC has proved herself in this genre with all the crazy writing she has gotten and done one hell of a job. All MCE does is howl like a paranoid little bitch, and I have actually caught her slipping up on her line a few times.. SC would NEVER do that, she's always right on point and delivers everytime

Only1Way
Member Avatar

It's taped, they say "CUT" when someone messes up. All the talk is is that they can improvise, well slipping up I'm sure is not allowed. They'd say "CUT take 2." It's okay that you don't like MCE but she is a good actress being handed a script just like the others.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Dec 5 2012, 11:07 PM
It's taped, they say "CUT" when someone messes up. All the talk is is that they can improvise, well slipping up I'm sure is not allowed. They'd say "CUT take 2." It's okay that you don't like MCE but she is a good actress being handed a script just like the others.
To me, I could take her or leave her. I could certainly see why the actress is likable but I don't feel like the character of Chelsea has any substance what so ever, and she certainly is not a believable ex con to me. I'm sure she was great on AMC and other shows but I think Chelsea is just as useless as Adam, Lily, Cane, Chloe, Kevin, Etc...

Deleted User
Deleted User

Checkers
Nov 29 2012, 04:59 PM
The last thing Sharon needs is Adam. :shame:
Your avie is smoking hot. :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Dec 5 2012, 07:55 PM
HotPepper

I am one of those ppl that like Chelsea a lot. I enjoy MCE onscreen and with MM.

Although I would not like to see Sharon go. I think Sharon needs to get back to her normal self, then they need to find her something new to do and I don't mean a man. Because she has been doing practically the same old thing for the last 18 yrs!! When has this woman not been in a triangle of some sort?? I'm thinking down the road, Neil should hire her a Jabot. NE would not be a good place not just b/c Adam is there but b/c it is a war zone and she shouldn't get caught up in that.

Sharon was never normal. She was always clinging to a man and had to have one in her life 24/7. That is not normal. Women like Sharon always have problems when they have to have a man to justify them. sharon has had the chance to change her life. Just moving off the ranch would have helped. She had enough money to buy a mansion if she wanted one and it wouldn't be on the ranch. She doesn't want to be normal or without a man. SHe would rather play the damsel in distress, live on the ranch and see which of the Newman men will come to rescue her.
Edited by HotPepper, Dec 6 2012, 03:36 AM.

Shick
Member Avatar

Oh who on this show IS normal? Normal on a soap is boring and overrated.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar
#TeamXander

Queen B
Dec 5 2012, 11:15 PM
Only1Way
Dec 5 2012, 11:07 PM
To me, I could take her or leave her. I could certainly see why the actress is likable but I don't feel like the character of Chelsea has any substance what so ever, and she certainly is not a believable ex con to me. I'm sure she was great on AMC and other shows but I think Chelsea is just as useless as Adam, Lily, Cane, Chloe, Kevin, Etc...
Personally I am a fan of both characters and both actresses, maybe I'm in the minority. I do have preferences over who they should be paired with but I don't feel like either one has to go. Why can't they both stay? Each brings their own flavour to the show. The show lacks females as is so if you get rid of all these ppl, pretty soon Victoria will be sleeping with Nick!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Ejole Lifer
Dec 5 2012, 08:33 PM
Chelsea should have never been here this long. I don't mind MCE's acting but Chelsea is as important as Skye Lockhart was when she was around. Sharon is obviously much more central to the show and to story.
sharon was as unimportant as skye lockhart when she first hit the screen, no reason why the same thing can't happen with chelsea.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

No actress or actor on that show is indispensable. If the popularity or need disappears then... Poof... they are gone and some people are going to be mad.
That's life!
Posted Image

Superwoman
Member Avatar

MCE is a good actress. Like some of you said, she is handed a script and she delivers. If she wasn't a bitch to Sharon, everyone would love her... People don't like her for not being nice or friends with Sharon... I wouldn't get rid of Sharon to keep Chelsea tho, Sharon is my girl... But i like Chelsea too....maybe once Adam is out the picture ( one can only hope) maybe these too will be friends and joke about how they were sooo crazy to fight for a psycho like dumb adam... :here is to getting rid of psychopath, baby kidnaper, control freak Adam Wilson Newman....cheers:

Queen B
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Dec 6 2012, 10:16 AM
Ejole Lifer
sharon was as unimportant as skye lockhart when she first hit the screen, no reason why the same thing can't happen with chelsea.
That was 1994, when characters were actually weaved onto the canvas properly. The people in charge back then were very careful about who they hired, and they scored big time with SC and JM and struck a huge fan base that could of very well been the next 'Victor and Nikki' and Sony and CBS sure were determined to destroy that.. now we're supposed to be happy with all of these inexperienced actors from cancelled soaps like AMC?

People wanna know why Y&R has fallen harder than any other soap..the proof is in the pudding. They destroyed beloved characters like Sharon and filled the canvas up with half ass written newbies like Chelsea and tried to replace characters like Nick and Victor with Adam and Tucker.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

There is nothing inexperienced about Stephen Nichols, MCE, nothing what soever. It is time people get used to the fact that some of the vets are just not as important to the show as they once were. No many have ever said that JM is a good actor. In fact, he is a horrible actor and if he didn't have a few pecks he would be a laborer out on the streets. SC is not that great a actress and she can easily be replaced with a new character like Chelsea who is a much better actress then SC will ever be.
SO get used to the vets going and someone else taking their place because no one on this show is irreplaceable.

Ejole Lifer

Sammie Jo
Dec 6 2012, 10:16 AM
Ejole Lifer
Maybe for you, but I was always interested in Sharon's character from DAY ONE. Maybe the same thing will happen with Chelsea. I for one don't care enough about her to watch her evolve or do whatever it is she'll be doing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R: Archived Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply