Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, December 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 02:38 PM (15,498 Views)
MissLola
Member Avatar

It may not be rushed. But the fact that they have her living at the church next to Eric, working at the church with Eric, and having Eric counsel her does not really make me have much hope that this story will have a different outcome from any of her other failed relationships. She really needs to stand on her own two feet and that includes getting her own place and a job on her own. Once again Nicole's entire life revolves around being dependant on one man. She needs to break the cycle.
Edited by MissLola, Dec 4 2012, 11:31 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

TomSell don't know the definition of strong independent women. I unfortunately can't say i enjoy the sort of dependency they are showing Nicole to have in Eric, it's off putting.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 4 2012, 11:19 AM
Sure Ericole aren't in a relationship just yet but we all know where it's going to lead, with the constant anvil dropping. We also have Nicole 100 percent dependent on Eric and the nunnery for her job. It doesn't matter to me if Ericole get a slow build or not, because this storyline is so predictable. And this show is basically telling me Ericole are going to be together before I've even been able to decide whether or not I even like them together.
But they're not doing that here. Just think of Ejaylor. They were smitten from the moment they met. They were dreaming about each immediately. To me, that's forcing a couple before gauging any type of audience reaction to them. As it looks now, Ericole may interact for months before they even have an "electric moment." They still have a lot of obstacles to work through. Nicole is still getting over Daniel. Eric has this whole "night terrors" thing and whatever he went through while off screen. And that's before we even get turn to that tiny little obstacle of Eric being a priest sworn to celibacy. Yes, they are writing them in each other's orbit and yes, regular soap watchers know what that might mean, but I don't see anything on-screen yet to indicate that these two are going to be a couple. At the end of the day, they have to write some kind of story for potential couples and that's simply what they are doing here. There is nothing that indicates they are being rushed at all. Yet.

Deleted User
Deleted User

tomsawyer
Dec 4 2012, 11:42 AM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Sure Ericole aren't in a relationship just yet but we all know where it's going to lead, with the constant anvil dropping. We also have Nicole 100 percent dependent on Eric and the nunnery for her job. It doesn't matter to me if Ericole get a slow build or not, because this storyline is so predictable. And this show is basically telling me Ericole are going to be together before I've even been able to decide whether or not I even like them together.
But they're not doing that here. Just think of Ejaylor. They were smitten from the moment they met. They were dreaming about each immediately. To me, that's forcing a couple before gauging any type of audience reaction to them. As it looks now, Ericole may interact for months before they even have an "electric moment." They still have a lot of obstacles to work through. Nicole is still getting over Daniel. Eric has this whole "night terrors" thing and whatever he went through while off screen. And that's before we even get turn to that tiny little obstacle of Eric being a priest sworn to celibacy. Yes, they are writing them in each other's orbit and yes, regular soap watchers know what that might mean, but I don't see anything on-screen yet to indicate that these two are going to be a couple. At the end of the day, they have to write some kind of story for potential couples and that's simply what they are doing here. There is nothing that indicates they are being rushed at all. Yet.
We will just have to agree to disagree. All the anvils are telling me they will be a couple. It's very obvious at least to me where this is going. If they would have slowly intertwined Eric into Nicole's SL I might have agreed, but they gave us an Ericole flashback after GV had been on screen for all of one day. And now they have Nicole completely dependent on Eric, and that really turns me off.
Quote Post Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 4 2012, 11:52 AM
tomsawyer
Hopeless_Dreamer
We will just have to agree to disagree. All the anvils are telling me they will be a couple. It's very obvious at least to me where this is going. If they would have slowly intertwined Eric into Nicole's SL I might have agreed, but they gave us an Ericole flashback after GV had been on screen for all of one day. And now they have Nicole completely dependent on Eric, and that really turns me off.
I felt like that flashback could have been for viewers who weren't aware of Nicole and Eric's past. I wasn't watching when they were together before, but because I'm on several boards, I've been privy to discussions about them, but there are probably a lot of people like me who appreciated that little nod to the past.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Hopeless_Dreamer
Agreed. Exactly. The exploration so far has been tentative, which tells me that while this is clearly an option TPTB are keen to explore right now, they are leaving the door open to change course down the road should they have other ideas. Most of the current pairings being explored - Ericole, Bristen, EJami - are not set in stone yet and could go in any number of directions. A fair number of people seem to have wanted Eric to come back for quite some time (myself included) so I see the fact that he and Kristen are now back as an attempt to fulfill some long-held desires on the part of some of the fanbase and I'm grateful for that. I shipped EJole and was sorry to see their destruction but that won't stop me shipping Ericole if they work out and the story unfolds in a compelling way. Right now there's no way to see where Ericole, EJole or anyone else are headed. It can all change and nothing seems to be a lock just yet.

Dany_E

darraholic
Dec 3 2012, 10:03 PM
I gotta admit I thought Brady & Kristen were smoking hot.

I also just wanted Marlena to show up and bash a whisky bottle over Maggie's head again. I've really grown to detest Maggie.

Daniel & Jennifer= Automatic FF. When will the show realize they are dullsville.
OMG your avatar! I despise the twinnies....so annoying.

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Nov 30 2012, 05:08 PM
That music during the sex was as bad as the "Feel the Heat" song for Carrie and Rafe back in January.
LOL!!! The ending music was pretty funny/bad, but I don't think ANYTHING will ever top the uber-cheesy Rafe/Carrie song. That one had me hooting with laughter it was SO bad.

"Feel the heat . . . we've got chem-is-treeee . . .Oooh . . . La La." :P

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Kristen and Brady were the only scenes I enjoyed this episode. There were a few awkward moments because of the writing/scene blocking, but the chemistry is definitely there, they're sexy-fun and it kept my attention.

I don't like where they're going with Nick right now. I liked him so much during his original run. I still liked him when he first returned. But lately where Gabi and Will are concerned he seems bossy and controlling/manipulative. I don't like how judgmental he was about Will and Sonny, or when he thought Gabi might be getting an abortion. I wouldn't have expected that attitude from the Nick I knew. Initially I felt for Gabi after she found out she was pregnant, but now she's totally letting Nick call the shots and it's annoying. I still feel for Will. But I'm finding it difficult to invest in this story. The insta-love isn't doing them any favors, either.

Nicole and Eric . . . boring so far. I hope it picks up soon.

The Ejami lipstick stuff and the game of keep-away over the lipstick pig picture was so cornball and lame it was downright embarrassing. The only decent thing about those scenes was Johnny because he's adorable and charming no matter what. Please give EJ something else to do! IMO, EJ the Avon Lady/Pig Lipstick ranks up there with the Fishing Hat, the EJ Express and Scarf Sniffing in "Worst Moments In EJ History."

Maggie/Jennifer/Daniel: This "poor, poor Daniel" stuff is barfworthy and thoroughly annoying. Surprisingly, the most annoying out of the three at the moment is Maggie. Someone needs to bake a batch of Alice's donuts and smash them into her face so that she'll STFU. If there's any leftover to smash into Jennifer and Daniel's faces and shut them up, that would be swell, too.

Edited by BigFat Irish Head, Dec 5 2012, 07:29 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Dec 3 2012, 04:27 PM
Ejami scenes were cutsy and fun that's all I got. This was clearly TPTB parallel attempt to show Ejami in a scene similar to SAFE the other week. TPTB are trying to show that Sami is not all about sex. She can talk and walk and laugh and play. In the Horton House, another lazy attempt by writers, it made zero sense. Abigail is upstais with all the kids....how big is the horton house anyway?
I loved Johnny, the best acting he's done in a long time.
EJ/Sami scenes=stink,stank,stunk with a side order of gag.Barf bag please.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Dec 3 2012, 04:46 PM
SocRMum1
Dec 3 2012, 12:21 PM
mer4santo
Dec 2 2012, 09:34 PM
lysie
Dec 2 2012, 09:59 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm not a big shipper but for a long time I did like the idea if EJ and Sami together but unless there is more profound discussion between the two about their sordid history I really don't care. I don't like the on/off schmoopy stupidness of their relationship(or any relationship for that matter).

I liked the idea of a sordid affair between the two because as a secret relationship they could have been smokin' and only semi-addressed their history. If they want a romantic relationship for these two anti-heroes it needs to loose the saccharin coating.

Actually I think that's what ruins most if these couples, the instantaneous nature of true love and happiness over the process of working through the challenges. It removes all drama and payoff.
I agree with much of this. I'm still sucked in fairly easily by decent EJami scenes and although I've yet to see the scenes for today's show they sound good. However, this is far from my preferred story for EJami. My concern is TPTB feel that in order to go with EJami they have to change EJ into a dull as dishwater Brady wanna-be instead of having Sami embrace her legendary vixen side. A big part of the allure of EJami for me in the beginning was both characters were fun villains. Sami hasn't been a villain in ages, and EJ's villain skills have been seriously muted. I'd have no problem watching EJami wreak havoc on the people around them while still having one another's back. (and front ;) ) Unfortunately, I've given up hope we'll ever see them go there.
Agreed. Can't EJ being, well, powerful and sexy and charming be enough? Can't he have a relationship(s) with another woman (or women) that makes Sami wonder what's she's missing? I like to think that if EJ finally "found himself" and acted more like Sami's boss, she'd be intrigued enough to forget about, um, that other sap.

That being said, I saw bits of the show today and all I could think of was how HORRID Sami looked. She wears the most awful clothes that have so sense of class or "young executive". The skirt looked way too tight and the the yellow made her look like a big bee.

Now, about a secret EJ/Sami relationship. It could be delicious - if it were behind St. Rafe and Marlena's backs.
Yes to your comments about the way Sami dresses.Chloe looked better when she was going out as a hooker.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

LOL @ people saying EJ is somehow less masculine because of some lipstick sample. Ummm, that's his job. Men have to do a LOT "worse" or more embarrasing things in their workplace many times. What do people think men do at work anyway??? Smoke cigars and drink whiskey like they do on Mad Men? Yeah, not reality.
Edited by Yoryla, Jan 31 2014, 07:00 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply