Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Amazing Race Canada?
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 02:42 PM (950 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

A Decade in the Making: CTV to Deliver Special On-Air Message to Canadians this Sunday, Dec. 2

To tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/QPffdY

CTV will deliver a special on-air message directed exclusively to Canadians this Sunday, Dec. 2 in a commercial break sometime between 8-9 p.m. ET. The message was taped in secret earlier this month at CTV headquarters by one of the most recognizable people on television, a multiple Emmy� Award-winning personality.

Leading up to the big reveal, viewers can share their guesses on Twitter about what this special message could be for a chance to win a special CTV prize package with the hash tag #CTVSpecialMessage.

http://www.bellmediapr.ca/ctv/releases/release.asp?id=15879&yyyy=2012
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

I'm shocked it has taken them this long to do The Amazing Race considering how huge the US version is in the ratings here.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Canada is about a decade late on this, BB, The Bachelor. Pathetic.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I wish we in the US get to see BB Canada though :( I'd love to see a winter version.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Oh my god! I would love this! I'd totally apply - this is my favorite reality competition series! :)

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

We need our own Maury Povich.

There's Big Brother, Real Housewives, Bachellor and now an Amazing Race. We're past due.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Looks like Phil with Ben. I just hope Ben is not the host of the Canadian version. Would love if it was Phil.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Nov 30 2012, 05:03 PM
Looks like Phil with Ben. I just hope Ben is not the host of the Canadian version. Would love if it was Phil.
Oh god... NOT Ben Mulroney! I can't stand that guy!

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

nocturnalblondie
Nov 30 2012, 04:28 PM
Oh my god! I would love this! I'd totally apply - this is my favorite reality competition series! :)
You and me both! Jules, we should apply!!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

Ally
Dec 2 2012, 05:33 PM
nocturnalblondie
Nov 30 2012, 04:28 PM
You and me both! Jules, we should apply!!
Hahaha!

Ally and Julie
Soap fan girls

darraholic
Member Avatar

CTV is cheap.

Q: Where will the race take place?
A: Right here within the borders of Canada! There will be potential stops in all 10 provinces and three territories, criss-crossing up to 9,000 kilometres. Specific destinations won't be revealed until the broadcast.

Q: Will the race travel outside of Canada?
A: No. You won’t need a passport to compete on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

WTF? I thought you were joking and you wrote that yourself... I can't believe this came off the actual CTV website. This show is going to SUCK! Ugh.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I guess the only good thing is that I don't have a passport, so I can easily apply lol. But I'd much rather travel in places like Thailand, Dubai, and Europe instead of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (apologies to anyone living in Moose Jaw) lol.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 2 2012, 10:56 PM
I guess the only good thing is that I don't have a passport, so I can easily apply lol. But I'd much rather travel in places like Thailand, Dubai, and Europe instead of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (apologies to anyone living in Moose Jaw) lol.
This show shouldn't even be called the Amazing Race! Canada is multicultural, but you will hardly get the cross-cultural dynamic you get from the American version. Plus, part of my fascination with the show is that people are literally thrown into situations they're not used to (e.g. language barriers, currency, etc.), you will get NONE of that from this show.

I'm not even bothering to apply now.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

What's next, a CTV version of Survivor in PEI?

darraholic
Member Avatar

^ LMAO!

I wonder if the prize money will be a new couch and patio set.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

darraholic
Dec 2 2012, 11:15 PM
^ LMAO!

And what will be the prizes they give the 1st place teams? 20$ Tim Hortons gift cards?

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

nocturnalblondie
Dec 2 2012, 11:22 PM
darraholic
Dec 2 2012, 11:15 PM
^ LMAO!

And what will be the prizes they give the 1st place teams? 20$ Tim Hortons gift cards?
No, it will be an igloo!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply