Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC Developing Real-Life "GH" Daytime Show
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 04:58 PM (1,710 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

http://rdsn.net/buzz/2012/11/30/abc-is-developing-a-real-life-general-hospital-daytime-show/

Ever wondered what it would be like in a real life General Hospital? You may just get your wish. New York Post is reporting that ABC is in the planning stages of developing a real life “General Hospital” as a daytime show in the new year. The show would be filmed in a Los Angeles hospital with real doctors and nurses. The show would follow the private lives of those working in the hospital.

While an official is saying that it is in the early pilot stages, the untitled hospital show could either seek syndication or cable if it gets picked up.

ABC Daytime has the scripted daytime soap, “General Hospital,” which is set to air into its 50th year in 2013. The lineup also includes “The Chew,” a cooking series, as well as “KATIE,” a talk show hosted by Katie Couric. IF the show does go into syndication, ABC would have to make room in its daytime schedule.

Umm…and this is the fan and not the professional talking with this last line…but WHY would we need a real life “GH” when we already have a “GH?” ABC, stop it with this tomfoolery right now!

Thoughts?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

How is Katie's show doing? Personally, I think it's crap but I wonder if her ratings are crap too and could this be a show to replace her? Heck, why don't they just bring back One Life or AMC and just be done! Jesus take the wheel!

Checkers
Member Avatar

No, thanks!

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

Would this be like the hospital prime time show they have every summer? Last year it was set in Boston, this year was New York and a couple of years ago, it was at Hopkins. I liked those shows, they showed the real life of the doctors and nurses and showed the patients they deal with, like a real life Grey's Anatomy.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Katie's show is doing fine. It isn't going anywhere now.

I CAN'T with them trying to replace GH.... with GH :lol: Please stop ABC this stinks as bad as The Revolution.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Um... if the show goes into syndication, why the hell would they need to remove anything from the network? Network & syndicated are two totally different things. lol

sonemfan4life

There's no real life GH or real life Greys. They are fictional shows based off the real hospital!

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Matt
Nov 30 2012, 11:43 PM
Um... if the show goes into syndication, why the hell would they need to remove anything from the network? Network & syndicated are two totally different things. lol
Good question! They claim "KATIE" is syndicated, and look what happened there. I wonder, though, since they said that, maybe KATIE may get the boot?

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

Ughh, this is so dumb!

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

They need bring back to life OLTL!

Drew
Member Avatar

hawk_osu
Dec 1 2012, 08:51 PM
They need bring back to life OLTL!
I miss it terribly, and I cant say the same for any of the other cancelled ones I watched.

Days has really become end-days Guiding Light.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'd rather have OLTL back as well.

As for the "real GH," if it proves to be somewhat successful, then GH will be off the air in no time. Good ratings or no good ratings. If ABC sees they are getting any kind of viewership for a cheaper version of the soap, they're going to go with it.

While I think it's an interesting idea, I would rather see it elsewhere than ABC Daytime. GH is on fire right now and I don't want to see anything threaten it.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Dec 2 2012, 11:57 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

See this is why I don't understand them cancelling OLTL! OLTL was ALWAYS under budget and people actually watched it! It would have saved them all this hassle trying to make up shows to replace the ones that keep failing after one season!

Kara700

that is good

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Yes that's terrific . B-)

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

What's good? lol

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Nate
Mar 19 2013, 08:22 PM
What's good? lol
Hopefully not this lamebrained idea for a reality show.

Dominic18
Member Avatar

Obviously they weren't going to add a new soap, however I think any press for GH is good press and I'll give it a shot.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was just thinking about this the other day, and wondered if anything actually developed with the idea.

Amazee-Dayzee

With how good I think GH is doing, I hope they don't go forward with this idea because it sucks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply