Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 17th; *updated 12/7*
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 09:05 PM (31,147 Views)
Serenity 808

^ Yeah, I agree that I don't like that Sami is being written as a good girl because I thought the last regime was actually making Sami somewhat recognizable with her selfish actions, bitchy, snide comments, and actually showing her in the wrong. Now all that has been erased, and I don't see that changing. If Sami's with EJ, they'll whitewash her even more, and if Sami's with Rafe, she'll just be a boring housewife.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Caylee
Member Avatar

The holidays approach.

Kristen starts faking something while she’s in bed with Brady… nightmares. He’s concerned. She claims she’s just worried about ruining his relationship with his father. He looks at her like a lost puppy. At that moment, Marlena worries that Brady has become smitten with the DiMera. She enlists Hope to test how committed he is. It turns out he’s pretty committed. The shrink worries more. She does her best not to slip up and spill the beans to John. Meanwhile, Kristen tries pulling Brady even closer by using Johnny and Sydney. That works and he starts demanding a commitment. Jenn later walks in on them doing something that’s hard to misinterpret. He tries to explain things to Jenn. She doesn’t know how he can do something this crazy. He begs her to keep her mouth shut and she agrees to do that… for now. Kristen later pays her a visit and tries to convince the Horton that her motives with Brady are pure as the driven snow.

Sami is shocked when a roomful of gifts are delivered for the kids. EJ puts his foot down and claims it’s too much. He impresses Sami by convincing the kids to give most of the gifts to charity. Even Rafe is impressed by that. Kristen shows up. She wants to talk to her bro about Brady but Sami is blatantly eavesdropping. When Kristen name drops Stefano, Sami throws a fit. After an anti-DiMera rant from her, EJ says that, under her guidance, he has renounced his DiMera ways but will always be one of them.

Rafe apologizes to his sister for overreacting once again. She picks up Nick and they go to see Eric for their pre-cana session. Things are tense as they talk about their feelings and Nick covers up the fact that he’s not the father. It gets even more uncomfortable when John and Marlena arrive and dole out family advice. The shrink starts to probe Gabi about the shame she senses she’s feeling. Gabi insists that she feels no shame and manages to convince her that she just wants to make her marriage work.

A sober Jenn tells Daniel again that she loves him. Before their lips can touch, Lucas interrupts to lecture Jenn about hooking up with the doctor when Jack’s ashes are still floating in the breeze. She tells Lucas to stuff it and promises Daniel they can have some ‘romance’ over the holidays. Meanwhile, Sami and Rafe spend some time with the kids and reminisce about their past. Caroline takes her grand-daughter aside to tell her that she’s been in her position too. She advises her to choose wisely between EJ and Rafe.

Will turns to his father to mope about his fight with Sonny. Lucas tries his best to be supportive. He even goes to see Sonny himself and urges him to patch things up with Will. Sonny just heard the same thing from Chad. However, the moment gets a little confusing when Lucas mentions the money that Will borrowed from him. This gets the Kirakis thinking. He confronts Will, but only assumes that his boyfriend was helping with the abortion. They agree to put that behind them. Gabi and Nick show up to speak to Will. She worries that Sonny seems to be getting too close to the truth. Nick says that no one will ever believe that ‘gay boy’ is really the dad. That pisses Will off.

Eric continues to be tortured by his memories of Africa. He won’t open up about them to Caroline, but after waking up from another nightmare with a scream, Nicole shows up to push him for details. Eventually, he tells her about seeing a fellow priest die in the Congo. The priest took a bullet meant for him. Nicole assures him it wasn’t his fault and says he is still doing God’s work. She later runs into Chad and tells him how much she is missing Sydney. He offers to get Sydney a gift from her. Chad continues his good deeds as he spends some time with Abby, getting her to open up about losing her father. Chad meets up with his older brother and they visit Lexi’s grave. They spend some time with Abe and Theo before heading to the pub. Sami notices EJ is grieving and tries to comfort him. Rafe spots this and keeps his distance. Meanwhile, Kayla makes some Christmas plans with Abe and Chad decides it’s time that he actually got to know Cameron.
http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2012/12/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-for-december-17-21/#more-111095

Will&Sonny

Caylee
Dec 11 2012, 03:51 AM
Will turns to his father to mope about his fight with Sonny. Lucas tries his best to be supportive. He even goes to see Sonny himself and urges him to patch things up with Will. Sonny just heard the same thing from Chad. However, the moment gets a little confusing when Lucas mentions the money that Will borrowed from him. This gets the Kirakis thinking. He confronts Will, but only assumes that his boyfriend was helping with the abortion. They agree to put that behind them. Gabi and Nick show up to speak to Will. She worries that Sonny seems to be getting too close to the truth. Nick says that no one will ever believe that ‘gay boy’ is really the dad. That pisses Will off.
Finally, people are going to start to see that Nick is a homophobic asshole. I can't wait for that to happen.

I'm trying really hard to forgive Lucas for being another homophobic asshole, but when he keeps butting into Will's life with these revelations that he shouldn't be revealing (first Sonny's declaration of love and now the money that Will borrowed), he makes it really difficult for me to do so.

In other news...the Jack-related spoilers are going to make some people very happy, I'm sure. I'm indifferent to them myself, but I predict a lot of rewinding during those scenes.

I see that they're starting to lay the groundwork for the Nicole and Sydney scenes on Christmas Eve. I still think that it's unnecessary to do so, especially during the holidays, but at least it's not going to be quite as random as I originally believed that it would be.

I really hope that Greg Vaughan approaches his upcoming scenes with more gusto than he's approached everything else that he's done thus far.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Caylee
Eric continues to be tortured by his memories of Africa. He won’t open up about them to Caroline, but after waking up from another nightmare with a scream, Nicole shows up to push him for details. Eventually, he tells her about seeing a fellow priest die in the Congo. The priest took a bullet meant for him.
SERIOUSLY???????

This is so Jack's s/l and I am beyond insulted and unlike Jack Nicole is being very supportive of Eric, whom she hasn't scene in a decade while Jack's wife was cold hearted and unfeeling to her husbands's plight. I am not impressed, not one bit!
Edited by NikiLani, Dec 11 2012, 04:35 AM.

Will&Sonny

rpmaluki
Dec 11 2012, 04:33 AM
Caylee
Eric continues to be tortured by his memories of Africa. He won’t open up about them to Caroline, but after waking up from another nightmare with a scream, Nicole shows up to push him for details. Eventually, he tells her about seeing a fellow priest die in the Congo. The priest took a bullet meant for him.
SERIOUSLY???????

This is so Jack's s/l and I am beyond insulted and unlike Jack Nicole is being very supportive of Eric, whom she hasn't scene in a decade while Jack's wife was cold hearted and unfeeling to her husbands's plight. I am not impressed, not one bit!
It's not exactly the same as Jack's storyline, but I can see your point. I wouldn't have made the connection otherwise. Still, Jack's friend didn't take a bullet that was meant for Jack. Jack wasn't responsible for the man's death. The man died because he wouldn't shut up. Yes, Jack blamed himself, but that doesn't change the fact that Jack's friend didn't sacrifice himself to save Jack. According to these spoilers, it seems like Eric's friend did.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

rpmaluki
Caylee
SERIOUSLY???????

Actually it's not. It's more like "Mr.Eko" and his brother Yemi on season 2 of "Lost".

Anyway, the Bristen stuff sounds GREAT. Looking forward to Kristen luring Brady further into her web. And using her niece and nephew? Love it! It's cold, calculating, deceitful, and totally Kristen!

WTF has happened to EJ? Donating toys to charity? Where's my grey bad-ass? I have zero interest in cuddly, goodie-two-shoes EJ. If that's the way he's going to be written, Sami can have him. Then I can Ffwd through them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ugh I absolutely detest the way they are changing both Ej and Nicole to fit with Brady twins. Where's my two badassses when you need them?

Before it's all over with Nicole will probably become a nun while Ej will be working in the soup kitchen. :shame: To think those two a year ago were underhandedly scheming to beat Abe Carver in the mayor race. Sighs. :( Only a show as crappy as Days could turn two complex interesting characters into a set of boring duds.
Quote Post Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 11 2012, 05:08 AM
rpmaluki
Caylee
SERIOUSLY???????

It's not exactly the same as Jack's storyline, but I can see your point. I wouldn't have made the connection otherwise. Still, Jack's friend didn't take a bullet that was meant for Jack. Jack wasn't responsible for the man's death. The man died because he wouldn't shut up. Yes, Jack blamed himself, but that doesn't change the fact that Jack's friend didn't sacrifice himself to save Jack. According to these spoilers, it seems like Eric's friend did.
I see your point I just wish they didn't do it so soon after they aborted Jack's.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Dec 11 2012, 05:24 AM
rpmaluki
Caylee
SERIOUSLY???????

Actually it's not. It's more like "Mr.Eko" and his brother Yemi on season 2 of "Lost".

Anyway, the Bristen stuff sounds GREAT. Looking forward to Kristen luring Brady further into her web. And using her niece and nephew? Love it! It's cold, calculating, deceitful, and totally Kristen!

WTF has happened to EJ? Donating toys to charity? Where's my grey bad-ass? I have zero interest in cuddly, goodie-two-shoes EJ. If that's the way he's going to be written, Sami can have him. Then I can Ffwd through them.
its not even original lucas did it first in 1993
Edited by Partnersincrime, Dec 11 2012, 08:32 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Will&Sonny
Dec 11 2012, 04:08 AM
Caylee
Finally, people are going to start to see that Nick is a homophobic asshole. I can't wait for that to happen.

I'm trying really hard to forgive Lucas for being another homophobic asshole, but when he keeps butting into Will's life with these revelations that he shouldn't be revealing (first Sonny's declaration of love and now the money that Will borrowed), he makes it really difficult for me to do so.

In other news...the Jack-related spoilers are going to make some people very happy, I'm sure. I'm indifferent to them myself, but I predict a lot of rewinding during those scenes.

I see that they're starting to lay the groundwork for the Nicole and Sydney scenes on Christmas Eve. I still think that it's unnecessary to do so, especially during the holidays, but at least it's not going to be quite as random as I originally believed that it would be.

I really hope that Greg Vaughan approaches his upcoming scenes with more gusto than he's approached everything else that he's done thus far.

I don't see that revelation of borrowing money as a big deal, especially if it just comes out as part of a bigger conversation which apparently seems to be the case. Let's be real here, Will borrowed money from Sonny too, for an abortion for Gabi....he's really not lying, he just isn't telling Sonny the child is his....so it's not to far fetched for Lucas to reveal that he gave Will and Gabi money for a 'project'...I think Sonny puts two and two together and figures it out. I know that Lucas has had some malice in some of what he's said to Adrienne, Sonny and even Will...but in this instance I don't see any malice in this spoiler....obviously I'll watch it play out and see what happens, but from the write up it doesn't sound too bad.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

So Sami is still throwing fits at the mention of stefano's name? Hee hee....and Ej is renouncing his Dimera ways? hee hee.....

I love it how Sami accepts him for who he is right? He doesn't have to change to be with her AT ALL.....naaaahhhh...she loves the good, the bad and everything in between right? Yep.... :sarcasm:
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 11 2012, 08:55 AM.

camera shy

Hopeless_Dreamer
Dec 11 2012, 05:34 AM
Ugh I absolutely detest the way they are changing both Ej and Nicole to fit with Brady twins. Where's my two badassses when you need them?

Before it's all over with Nicole will probably become a nun while Ej will working the soup kitchen. :shame: To think those two a year ago were underhandedly scheming to beat Abe Carver in the mayor race. Sighs. :( Only a show as crappy as Days could turn two complex interesting characters into a set of boring duds.
It would be fun though to see Ejole end up working in a soup kitchen to impress the wonder twins and spend all their time fighting with one another instead of serving the poor. :D

Harmony233

LOL at lucas telling jennifer that jacks ashes are barely floating around at least somebody remebers Jack lol

camera shy

Harmony233
Dec 11 2012, 09:01 AM
LOL at lucas telling jennifer that jacks ashes are barely floating around at least somebody remebers Jack lol
She's just going to dismiss Lucas, lets see how easily she dismisses Jack Jr. And I hope he gives Abby hell for being so pro Daniel.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Caylee
The holidays approach.

Kristen starts faking something while she’s in bed with Brady… nightmares. He’s concerned. She claims she’s just worried about ruining his relationship with his father. He looks at her like a lost puppy. At that moment, Marlena worries that Brady has become smitten with the DiMera. She enlists Hope to test how committed he is. It turns out he’s pretty committed. The shrink worries more. She does her best not to slip up and spill the beans to John. Meanwhile, Kristen tries pulling Brady even closer by using Johnny and Sydney. That works and he starts demanding a commitment. Jenn later walks in on them doing something that’s hard to misinterpret. He tries to explain things to Jenn. She doesn’t know how he can do something this crazy. He begs her to keep her mouth shut and she agrees to do that… for now. Kristen later pays her a visit and tries to convince the Horton that her motives with Brady are pure as the driven snow.

Sami is shocked when a roomful of gifts are delivered for the kids. EJ puts his foot down and claims it’s too much. He impresses Sami by convincing the kids to give most of the gifts to charity. Even Rafe is impressed by that. Kristen shows up. She wants to talk to her bro about Brady but Sami is blatantly eavesdropping. When Kristen name drops Stefano, Sami throws a fit. After an anti-DiMera rant from her, EJ says that, under her guidance, he has renounced his DiMera ways but will always be one of them.
Okay this Kristen stuff sounds awesome.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

michelle
Dec 10 2012, 02:12 PM
I guess I just disagree with all of you.

I think the only comparison that the writers are trying to make is that Sami is torn between two totally opposite men (good guy vs bad guy) and Caroline was as well. I don't think anyone is trying to say that EJAMI and Victorline are/were the same as Shawn/Caroline or Safe are/were.

And maybe at this very moment Sami has not seemed as torn between the two as she has been in the past, but that's because it hasn't been her primary story lately, as she has been wrapped up with Eric's return and Gabi's pregnancy/wedding for the last few weeks.

She still has feelings for Rafe evidenced by their quickie back on/off again relationship and then lately, at the office, you can see she's having some feelings re-emerge for EJ. I believe that she is torn; a big part of her wants to reunite with Rafe because of what he represents to her, her hero/white knight. At the same time, she knows that she has this strong attraction to EJ that she can't seem to let go of, despite their history, even when she's happy with someone else, Lucas, Rafe, etc.
I agree with you. I think the writers are making the point that Caroline had feelings for two completely different men, and that she recognizes the same thing in Sami. I didn't see a comparison between Shawn/Rafe and Victor/EJ, but rather a comparison between Caroline and Sami, with Caroline acknowledging that she loved both Shawn and Victor.

annie21

Will&Sonny
Dec 11 2012, 04:08 AM
Caylee

Re: bolded... Not me. I've said it before, but I hate when the writers have characters bring up Jack's name like this. All they're doing is using his name to provide angst for Dannifer. And the fact that basically Jennifer tells Lucas he's wrong - and she's grieved enough or whatever - is not palatable in the least.

These writers are going to put Dannifer together no matter what. Whatevs. But the fact that they first killed off Jack and then are constantly using his name to help them force this pairing upon us does not make this viewer happy... at all.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

camera shy
Dec 11 2012, 09:06 AM
Harmony233
Dec 11 2012, 09:01 AM
She's just going to dismiss Lucas, lets see how easily she dismisses Jack Jr. And I hope he gives Abby hell for being so pro Daniel.
She will dismiss Lucas, just like she did before but I hope this is the beginning of the occasional Lucas telling Jen that Dan will end up breaking her heart and cheating on her with someone else.....enter Chloe next month....

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Caylee
Chad decides it’s time that he actually got to know Cameron.
I guess this is the first step towards Chad discovering the truth about the paternity of Gabi's baby. It couldn't happen soon enough for me.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm so glad to see an acknowledgment of Lexie's death - and how the holidays really makes grief for someone that's been lost during the year more acute. Well done, DAYS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply