Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 17th; *updated 12/7*
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 09:05 PM (31,036 Views)
Ljay
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Dec 11 2012, 10:31 AM
Caylee
Dec 11 2012, 03:51 AM
At that moment, Marlena worries that Brady has become smitten with the DiMera. She enlists Hope to test how committed he is. It turns out hes pretty committed.
So does this mean that Hope is going to hit on Brady to see if he's willing to cheat on Kristin? :boobs:
Brady is blinded by the light....

And the last thing I want to see is Hope pootie scooting around Brady tryin to turn his head, LOL :sheep:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Finally Lucas is meddling in a way that I can get on board with. At least someone is reminding Jennifer that the love of her life for more than 20 years has just recently passed. Lord knows her daughter doesn't seem too concerned about how easily her mother is moving on with the skeeviest doctor of them all.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

Love that lucus lays into jen about daniel. The chad nicole scene is rather random but if it gives me sydole then im all for it. Ericole stuff seems good to

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

I wonder if JS was giving us a hint to what's ahead with his quote

Quote:

"I've always felt like the best potential relationship for Samantha and EJ would be one in which they both get to enjoy the unsavory facets of their character that they 've had to hide during other relationships"

THAT is a perfect description of EJOLE relationship not Ej and Sami's. He thrives with Nicole but with Sami he's a shell of his former self and there is no fun in that, for anyone that is not a die hard fan of theirs.

JS knows where his story is headed in the next few months, so I hope that quote (from Soaps in Depth magazine) is letting us that that EJ pretending to be a "better man" isn't going to work for long!

lysie
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 11 2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:

"I've always felt like the best potential relationship for Samantha and EJ would be one in which they both get to enjoy the unsavory facets of their character that they 've had to hide during other relationships"

THAT is a perfect description of EJOLE relationship not Ej and Sami's. He thrives with Nicole but with Sami he's a shell of his former self and there is no fun in that, for anyone that is not a die hard fan of theirs.

JS knows where his story is headed in the next few months, so I hope that quote (from Soaps in Depth magazine) is letting us that that EJ pretending to be a "better man" isn't going to work for long!

Which issue of SID?

And the actors are never trying to give hints.

spartan
Member Avatar

michelle
Dec 11 2012, 06:38 PM
tomsawyer
Dec 11 2012, 02:41 PM
LuvingLumi
Dec 11 2012, 12:40 PM
Hamilton
Dec 11 2012, 10:46 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Ej only works IMHO when he's a villain, the minute that they try to soften him up in order to pair him with Sami he fails miserably as a character and James doesn't play that side of the character that well.
I think when they try to change any character's personality just to pair them with somebody, it fails miserably. A character's evolution has to be natural and take time, which Days completely sucks at nowadays for pretty much all their characters. Historically though, some of my favorite couples involved mismatched pairings and redemptive arcs (Jack/Jen and Steve/Kayla), but TPTB seem unwilling to invest in this long-term writing now.

Anyway, I've actually found JS to be believable at portraying a romantic lead (in late 2007/early 2008 when they did EJ's first redemptive arc), as well as an evil villain (sweevil EJ of late 2006/early 2007). It's just that the pendulum has swung back and forth so many times that either end of the spectrum ends up being unbelievable. I neither shake in my boots when he makes threats, nor do I swoon when he professes his love, because I know he will probably be doing something completely the opposite a month down the road. The lack of consistency has made him an uncompelling character on both ends of the spectrum IMO.

And I think there is a big issue with taking EJ really dark - namely that JS is young, hot and does seduction scenes well, so there is a good chunk of the audience that will want him to be viable in a romantic pairing. That's pretty different from a 60-something JM terrorizing Salem as Stefano 20 years ago. Plus, they've given EJ little kids and JS has good chemistry with the Kunitz twins, so there is a chunk of the audience that likes seeing him as the doting daddy. Again, that is very different from Stefano in his hay day who only had adult children on the canvas. I just think it's hard to make EJ a pure villain because there's a sizable part of the audience that likes him in a different capacity. Ultimately, I think villains work the best when they can come in, do their dastardly deed, and then exit stage left. If you leave them hanging around the canvas, they end up getting neutered. And I highly doubt they are going to remove EJ from the canvas anytime soon. So if they actually want to create a consistent persona for EJ, I think their best path is to make him a somewhat gray character (like esp13 said - business scheming and some manipulation - that's my preference) or take him down a realistic, long-term redemptive arc (which TPTB are way too lazy to do).
SO SO SO SO MUCH THIS!

Not nearly enough to just like this post, I'm proposing, marrying and hoping soon to have a couple of babies with it.
Then I will settle for becoming the other woman and having an affair with this post behind your back. It's that GOOD!

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 11 2012, 10:11 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Dec 11 2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:

Which issue of SID?

And the actors are never trying to give hints.
It's the Dec. 24th issue

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I absolutely agree with JS's quote. In fact, it's what I've been saying for ages. The appeal of EJami, at least for me, is that neither one of them are virtuous characters. There is no reason to white wash either of them. They are both far more compelling when written with some edge.
And I don't think his quote had anything to do with EJole, at all. No hints to anything...just saying what he thinks would work best in writing for EJami.

Will&Sonny

AFaithL
Dec 11 2012, 05:15 PM
Is there any "group" of fans who like Sami-the-heroine?
I can only speak for myself, but honestly, I don't care either way. They can write Sami as a good girl or a schemer (I don't entirely agree with the claim that she was ever a "villain" -- "schemer" is a far more appropriate description, IMO, but that's just semantics) -- I can handle either version of her. What I can't handle is seeing her with E.J., period. E.J. ruins everyone he comes into contact with, IMO. I hate seeing him with Nicole, I hate seeing him with Sami, I hate seeing him period.

I'm definitely in the minority, and that's fine. It's just my opinion. But for me, it has nothing to do with Sami and everything to do with E.J. The fact that she is even willing to talk to that monster after everything that he has done to her and her family, let alone sleep with him, is just too pathetic for me to accept.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 12 2012, 12:38 AM.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

Hamilton
Dec 11 2012, 10:43 AM
They should have left Ej not Stefano's real son if this is what we have to look forward to with the character. What a putz.

Thankfully we have Kristen to take his place, but still such a shame they took away all of Ej's game. The pair had such potential to keep the show evilly hopping.
I know! I thought Dan's shaky hands story was bad. At least I could laugh at that. EJ doing "good things" is just gross. :puke:

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Dec 11 2012, 04:18 PM
Sydole :wub: Sydole :wub: That is all that seems to be important next week.

Lucas says to Jen what we've been thinking, but we could add some other complaints to that. It's always good to see lucas' name in spoilers.

EJ playing a game and pretending to be who he isn't to impress Sami. :lol: That won't last, he can't hold out that long. Good news there. :cheers:

Rafe is playing his cards right. :applause: He's not out manupulating anything, just being himself and things will fall in to place. I am always glad to see that! :popcorn:

Chad does one desent thing in his life, I'm glad it concerns Sydole. :hug:
EJ has a better chance of staying celibate for a very long time than of playing at being good for loose-moraled Samanther.

Lil
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Dec 11 2012, 07:34 PM
I hate this idea of letting EJ be the new Victor. We had a new complex Victor. His name was Phillip. You know? Victor's son. A man you could understand being like Victor. And Shawn/Belle/Phillip was the new Shawn/Caroline/Victor.

Why in the hell can't EJ be what he was supposed to be like the man who made him? Not like some man he has no connection to?

The real problen with this show is. They can't just go with the flow of the story. No they have to bend characters until they are broken. I don't believe that most people see EJ as this Jack like character. I think most viewers see him as a villian and are fine with that. They don't need hero EJ. They don't need slightly dark EJ. Villians have sex. Ask sonny Corinthos.

Sami was never on the evil side of grey. Even at her worse she was more Nancy than Kristin. An anti-Brady is still a Brady. That just means they still can be heroic. They just do it their own way. The same way Lucas was the anti-Horton. Before hortons became the villians of the show.

Because they took pangs i ln making sure we saw how she was still this damaged girl who did not know her way, she could always be redeemed. She was a character who needed more light not darkness in her life. She brings the darkness. But darkness never made her happy.

The couple you create have to balance eachother. That's a problem with this show as well. None of the couples balance each other.

Sami's dealing with two extremes for her middle of the road self. That's made her someone she was never supposed to be. Fickle and helpless. Depending on a guy for every damn thing. Jenn has become this sap of girl for hero Daniel when she was always the strong sure good woman who always balanced an unsure Jack. Brady and Kristin is just all kinds if rediculous.
:hail: :smooch: :applause: :hug:

HELL YES to this post.

I thought the Philip/Victor relationship was perfect. Why they EVER sacrificed him to that red-headed pit of suckiness is beyond me. Philip was definitely the offspring of Victor and Kate!!!

I think EJ needs to be a balls-out VILLAIN. Or if they do decide to give him and SlamPig the happily ever after than fine. Re-cast Chad (even though the character is stupid) or bring back Tony to be the next villain. Or better than all of these- Give Kristen something evil to do besides fuck Brady. (Although I was almost always able to empathaize with kristen. We saw her lose her mind and all)

I agree Sami was never much of a villain. But she was a corny, teenage semi-villain. And that's how she worked best. Selfish and insecure with pretty much everything blowing up in her face. It seems these days that's what they want Nicole to do, when Nicole worked better as a money-grubbing schemer. (Although whatever way they decide to take Nicole, AZ usually performs it beautifully unlike the Sween)

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'd actually like to see the next Days villain come from the Horton or Brady family. The "bad seed" angle is interesting to me and adds an additional layer to the story. Still think KM could play a great psycho and with all Abby gone through in the last year (her dad's death, her mom quickly moving on, her friends Gabi and Melanie betraying her), now seems like a old time for her to snap.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

^ Plus her grandmother Laura's history of going cray-cray. I would totally be on board for bad seed Abby. I think KM would rock it. Sure as Hell beats her hugging Jennifer while pimping Orangeglow and babysitting during the 2 or 3 times per month we see her.

Ireland98

tomsawyer
Dec 12 2012, 10:09 AM
I'd actually like to see the next Days villain come from the Horton or Brady family. The "bad seed" angle is interesting to me and adds an additional layer to the story. Still think KM could play a great psycho and with all Abby gone through in the last year (her dad's death, her mom quickly moving on, her friends Gabi and Melanie betraying her), now seems like a old time for her to snap.
I want to see BOTH Will and Abby be villains! CM and KM can pull it off.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Ireland98
Dec 12 2012, 11:44 AM
tomsawyer
The last thing this show needs to do is ruin another Horton. Look at Jenn and how they write Lucas and Nick. There is no Horton now for this town to look upto. This show can't keep running to Alice and Tom. Maggie was setup to be the next patriarch and they've ruined her. She is not even a Horton.

They need to bring home Mickey's children and re-horton maggie. And use Nick or Lucas to brinh back the Horton name. You can't depend on dead characters to carry the essence of good for your show.
Edited by Aliaron, Dec 12 2012, 07:16 PM.

Lil
Member Avatar

Ireland98
tomsawyer
I think they should be "schemers" not necessarily "villains." I think CM & KM both have the ability to pull off a good boy/girl gone bad and eventual redemption story. I think the all-out evil vaillainry should be left to some of the older folks. Or, in the younger set, maybe Chad or even Nick. But Chad would of course have to be recast lol

lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Dec 12 2012, 07:14 PM
Ireland98
tomsawyer
The last thing this show needs to do is ruin another Horton. Look at Jenn and how they write Lucas and Nick. There is no Horton now for this town to look upto. This show can't keep running to Alice and Tom. Maggie was setup to be the next patriarch and they've ruined her. She is not even a Horton.

They need to bring home Mickey's children and re-horton maggie. And use Nick or Lucas to brinh back the Horton name. You can't depend on dead characters to carry the essence of good for your show.
Idk when Horton started equalling good. That's not historically accurate overall. Young Hortons aren't going to fill the Tom/Alice void.

And uh...they ruined Maggie being the next patriarch when they gave her a vagina.

six
Member Avatar

Lil
Dec 12 2012, 10:20 AM
^ Plus her grandmother Laura's history of going cray-cray. I would totally be on board for bad seed Abby. I think KM would rock it. Sure as Hell beats her hugging Jennifer while pimping Orangeglow and babysitting during the 2 or 3 times per month we see her.
It's not like Jennifer was a model kid in her younger years, either...actually which Hortons were?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

eyebrowns

Lil
Dec 12 2012, 10:20 AM
I think KM would be great at it. I was so iffy about her being Abigail when I first started watching again and she was just... There. lol But her Fatal Attraction storyline with Austin was definitely one of my favorites last year. I think she played crazy really well. And like when she called out Nicole at the Horton house too? I think she does well with bursts of emotion like that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply