Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of December 17th; *updated 12/7*
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 09:05 PM (30,754 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Ljay
Nov 30 2012, 09:56 PM
ChampagneRiver
Nov 30 2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:

Jennifer walks in on a shared moment between Brady and Kristen.

Oh dear God, is she going to start obsessing over "saving" Brady now?
Wait, Wait!! Give her time...LOL
Never mind Jennifer. I can aleady hear Maggie screaming at Brady, with her condesending, judgement passing, mother of all, voice of god and everything else...........I am sure it's coming.... If TomSell are anything... it's predictable.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Mirage75
Nov 30 2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah, all this makes me want to miss another week of this show. Not one thing worth tuning in for.

WTH is Justin and Adrienne?!!!
This is nothing more than speculation on my part (although it could probably be checked easily enough, if someone really wanted to go back and see if the dates matched up), but Justin and Adrienne might have been missing in action recently because of Wally Kurth's GH visit (for the John Ingle tribute episodes). The writers might have wanted to wait until Wally was finished with his GH scenes before placing Justin and Adrienne back in rotation. We know that they're back the week after this (the week of December 24th), if not before then.

While it's completely possible that the writers simply haven't wanted to do anything with Adrienne and Justin recently, the GH aspect does allow for the possibility that there is a better explanation for the absence.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mirage75
Nov 30 2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah, all this makes me want to miss another week of this show. Not one thing worth tuning in for.

WTH is Justin and Adrienne?!!!
Why the hell can't this show backburn some already overexposed characters and give Justin and Adrienne a good frontburner SL that's actually about them? I'm so sick of them only using Judi and Wally as props for other characters.

Though if I had my way, I'd have them both at GH with contracts. Those two are so wasted at Days. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

such tragic spoilers just cancel this god forsaken show already.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I wish I would say Eric's ptsd s/l will he compelling but I can't. I wanted to see Jack's. And I was looking forward to MA in a front burner s/l which never happened because of tiic's sick obsession with firing MA and not giving him a story worth his talent and always pimping JenJen as the root for half of J&J.

I loved Jack and would have done anything to see him in this story, sweet (& hot) as Eric is, I don't give two farts about him. And with Nicole sleeping next door, it's a set up for her to be embroiled in it unlike cold Jen who could not be bothered by her husband's heartbreaking suffering, look how quickly she moved to get Dan some help over his shaky gropy hands that he uses to violate a sacred trust between doctor and patient.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Clearly Bristen should just do their business on the couch in the middle of HTS.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

SocRMum1
Dec 1 2012, 12:48 AM
Clearly Bristen should just do their business on the couch in the middle of HTS.
That beats the Dimera mansion couch, that has to get washed pronto!

Will&Sonny

This site is awesome. I love reading everyone's comments (even the ones that I don't agree with), and I'm enjoying participating in the discussions.

That said...while I respect everyone's opinions, I have to say that the random "cancel this godforsaken show already" comments seem a bit over-the-top. I don't understand why any fan of Days, past or present, would ever wish cancellation on the show, even if they're currently dissatisfied with it for whatever reason. If someone hated the show that much, why would they waste time criticizing it on a site filled with people who, to some degree or another, still enjoy it?

I loved season one of The Walking Dead, but I thought that the second season was a colossal waste of time. Based on that opinion, I decided to quit watching the show. I guess that I could go into The Walking Dead discussion threads (here or elsewhere) and loudly proclaim that I believe that it's a horrible show that should be cancelled immediately (not that I actually believe that at all, because the show's existence doesn't bother me one way or another), but...what would be the point? :shrug:

Sorry. I'll step down off of my soapbox now. :soapbox:
Edited by Will&Sonny, Dec 1 2012, 01:12 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Will&Sonny
Dec 1 2012, 01:08 AM
This site is awesome. I love reading everyone's comments (even the ones that I don't agree with), and I'm enjoying participating in the discussions.

That said...while I respect everyone's opinions, I have to say that the random "cancel this godforsaken show already" comments seem a bit over-the-top. I don't understand why any fan of Days, past or present, would ever wish cancellation on the show, even if they're currently dissatisfied with it for whatever reason. If someone hated the show that much, why would they waste time criticizing it on a site filled with people who, to some degree or another, still enjoy it?

I loved season one of The Walking Dead, but I thought that the second season was a colossal waste of time. Based on that opinion, I decided to quit watching the show. I guess that I could go into The Walking Dead discussion threads (here or elsewhere) and loudly proclaim that I believe that it's a horrible show that should be cancelled immediately, but...what would be the point? :shrug:

Judging by how atrcious this show is, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to see the show canceled. This is not to say that there are some that don't enjoy some parts but for the most part,the stories are all over the place. It is almost like the the writers want the show to get canceled, the show is a utter mess.

I personally skip episodes by just reading the synoposis, when I use to rush home to watch it, now if I miss a week or even a month, the same stupid thing is happenibg.

The only thing that is over the top are these ridiculous stories, if Tomlin knew how to write decent stories then people will not be expressing their opinion on why they think the majority of the show sucks.

Does'nt Corday want the viewers to keep watching? It seems like he does not care what we think, so why should we care about how long it stays on the air. :shrug:

At this point, I will not care if they pulled the plug, the show sucks monkey balls.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Dec 1 2012, 01:16 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

I can only speak for myself obviously, but I'd be devestated if this show was cancelled. I totally understand people's frustrations with it....it's WAY beyond perfect but it's my show, for better or worse. I mean, I've spent everyday since 1990 with this ridiculous program, 12 years subscribing to SOD solely for this one soap and years following message boards, etc online discussing it. I wish TPTB proved themselves to be protective fans that would do anything to keep this show on the air. Doesn't take a whole lot to add some flavor to a 42 minute program. Dannifer is NOT it!

Having said that, I'm loving the show right now. With the exception of the horrid focus on the most boring couple in soap history, I'm enjoying Days again! The Will/Sonny/Gabi/Nick story has layers being built and I have no clue where it's going to go. The Kristen/John/Marlena/Brady story is interesting, hilarious, curious and has this viewer tuning in daily to see what happens next. The ridiculous Sami/Rafe/EJ never ending story hastaken a backseat thankfully and GV as Eric has been a welcome addition. This show will always need improvement. Since the 90s, we've been sort of an underdog but I'm not losing faith in this show regardless of the writers. I'm enjoying it. They really do need to back burn Dannifer. They are boring as snails. Aside from that, I'm good. Again, just an opinion of a long time fan.
Edited by james0479, Dec 1 2012, 05:01 AM.

Ljay
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Under the Christmas tree...

Thomson
Member Avatar

Seriously, how many people are going to walk in on Brady and Kristen? It's ridiculous

Oh and please get Dannifer of my screen.

angie37
Member Avatar

The show's biggest problem, IMO, is the overexposure of Dannifer, but I can deal because my control has the FFWD button. Also, EJ is no longer on 7 of the 5 days of the week, so that's another plus. I'm enjoying the very cunning Kristen toying with the Blacks, and I'm looking forward to Eric's story and hope it's good.

On a side note, I don't think that it would be fair that Eric not have a PTSD story just because Jack didn't get one/a good one, and I surely don't want the show cancelled because then we won't see anyone at all, even our respective favorite(s).

Will&Sonny

JamesScott_19
Dec 1 2012, 01:14 AM
Will&Sonny
Dec 1 2012, 01:08 AM

I loved season one of The Walking Dead, but I thought that the second season was a colossal waste of time. Based on that opinion, I decided to quit watching the show. I guess that I could go into The Walking Dead discussion threads (here or elsewhere) and loudly proclaim that I believe that it's a horrible show that should be cancelled immediately, but...what would be the point? :shrug:

Judging by how atrcious this show is, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to see the show canceled. This is not to say that there are some that don't enjoy some parts but for the most part,the stories are all over the place. It is almost like the the writers want the show to get canceled, the show is a utter mess.

I personally skip episodes by just reading the synoposis, when I use to rush home to watch it, now if I miss a week or even a month, the same stupid thing is happenibg.

The only thing that is over the top are these ridiculous stories, if Tomlin knew how to write decent stories then people will not be expressing their opinion on why they think the majority of the show sucks.

Does'nt Corday want the viewers to keep watching? It seems like he does not care what we think, so why should we care about how long it stays on the air. :shrug:

At this point, I will not care if they pulled the plug, the show sucks monkey balls.
(Please note: I am not trying to single you out, JamesScott_19. At least three people in this thread have mentioned that they'd either like to see the show cancelled, or believe that it will soon be cancelled. Since you were the first to reply to my initial post, your response is the one that I'm quoting, but nothing below is directed at you specifically.)

At the risk of stating the obvious, cancellation is permanent. Cancellation serves absolutely no true purpose whatsoever...unless, of course, a person simply wants the show to be cancelled so that they can feel like their opinion has been validated (i.e., "See? Someone at NBC agrees with what I've been saying all along -- this show sucks! I was right!"), which is an entirely selfish motivation for wanting to see the show cancelled.

Another possibility is that a person might want the show to be cancelled because, despite their disapproval of the show's current direction, they are addicted to the show in some way (either watching it, reading about it, discussing it, or some combination of the three), and they want someone to pull the plug because they [the addicted viewer] are unable to sever ties with the show themselves. This is like wanting manufacturers to stop making alcohol because you are an alcoholic. It might solve your problem, but it shows a complete disregard for the people who are fans of alcohol and enjoy consuming it responsibly.

I consider neither of the above examples to be examples of "true" purposes of cancellation, since they are both based on purely selfish motivations.

What cancellation DOES do is put one hundred or more people out of work. Not just the cast and crew of the show itself, but also people who make their livings covering the show in one way or another (for instance, people who get paid to write recaps or opinion columns for the show on fan sites). It devastates fans of that show. It further erodes a dying form of entertainment.

Perhaps a person might want the show to be cancelled because they feel like their favorite actor is being wasted on the show, and they'd like to see that actor move on to "bigger, or at least better, things". However, there is absolutely no guarantee that any actor will get hired to work on another soap, primetime show, or film right away -- or ever -- if the show that they're currently working on gets cancelled. There is also no guarantee that the actor WANTS to move on to "bigger, or at least better, things" -- for all we know, they might love what they're currently being paid to do on Days. They did, after all, agree to sign a contract to work on the show (and, in the case of most actors on the show, renew that contract on one or more occasions). Which is worse -- seeing your favorite actor in a storyline that you don't personally enjoy, or not being able to see your favorite actor at all?

The fact that some people have stopped watching the show (and, in some cases, even want the show to be cancelled), yet still visit this site every week to check on the spoilers and read the Day Ahead summaries, suggests one of three things to me:

1. They still have hope that the show will one day improve to the point where they will feel compelled to watch it again.

2. They enjoy talking about the show with other site members.

3. They are still addicted to the show in some way, even if they don't want to be.

(There is a fourth reason, but I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that no one is simply trolling the site. Besides, I have not yet seen truly trollish behavior, and I'm sure that the moderators are quite capable of handling it if or when it does occur.)

In the case of example one, cancellation is the ultimate killer of hope. In the case of example two, cancellation destroys the main purpose for everyone to visit this site, so if a person enjoys talking about the show with other site members, they should want the show to remain on the air for as long as possible. Both types of people have perfectly valid reasons for visiting the site, but not for wanting to see the show cancelled.

Example three is the only example where the person gets an actual benefit out of seeing the show cancelled, but again, the motivations are purely selfish. Despite how some people might feel about the show, there are many people who do enjoy it, myself included. For those people, cancellation would be devastating...but at least a few people get to rid themselves of their addiction, right? :sarcasm:

I can understand wanting the writers to be replaced. I can even understand wanting Ken Corday to be replaced. I see no good reason for anyone to want to see the entire show end simply because they are dissatisfied with the show's current direction. While no one has to explain themselves to me, I'd love to hear why some people want to skip right to the part where the show is cancelled. :shrug:

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Except 4 dannifer, the rest of the spoilers sound wonderful to me. I can`t wait to find out what happened to eric in the congo. Things are really harsh in that region and i can imagine that it must have been horrid. Can`t wait to see v rock it.
But i just want to digress and offer my 2 cents about what everyone else is talking about. There`s no way i want DAYS gone. Been watching for nearly 30 yrs now. And i want it to stay on and on. There`s been a lot of comparison to days/gh. well, if u ask me gh ain`t all that great anyway. It`s closer to being llanview than port charles...but that`s another show/network. Kudos 2 those that luv it but it sucks 4 me. But i`ll post my gh dislike elsewhere on the board.
As for days, it`s better than it has been in ages. Lovin` all the drama surrounding eric/nicole/marlena/john/kristen/brady/will/
sonny/gabi/nick. No dannifer aren`t my favorites in the least. But there`s always going to be something on the show that u don`t like. I`ve been a huge fan of matt ashford since he landed in salem. But it`s rather short-sighted to assume that no one else should be `allowed` to have a post-partum depression storyline. As a matter of fact i rallied for matt to have one when was on this last time. Didn`t happen because of mardar. But it doesn`t mean that the storyline can`t happen 4 someone else.
Love AZ/Nicole to pieces and she`s certainly my fave. And i was heartbroken when she lost her baby. But that doesn`t mean that gabi or anyone else shouldn`t have a baby. I am thoroughly enjoying every beat of the will/gabi/sonny/nick drama. It`s just wonderful 4 me.
And davidson/martsolf have great chemistry. Their relationship isn`t icky at all for me. I look at it like this. The show is stock full of criminals who`ve committed hideous/violent crimes and they`re in love stories. And victor/stefano have always been involved with women younger than them. And recently, there`s been a push for ej/abby and there`s a startling age difference there. So i certainly have no issues with a brady/kristen hookup. It`s high drama and i just know that kristen has something high up her sleeve and i can`t wait ti see what it is. I think all thse kristen/brady sightings are leading to something much bigger. I just know it...
As for tomlin/whitesell/broderick, their writing is working for me. And i am loving the show. Plus these are just the initial spoilings and more will be added. But i do like what i`ve read so far and will be watching...

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

WAIT!!! I found a good moment for me. No Days of Sami's vagina! No EJSafeucasicole!!! That has to count for something, right??? <<<crickets>>>>
OK, then I got nuttin'.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I think Eric's trauma could come from the fact that he was hit by frickin train then went to trial in Heaven and was defended by his former almost step-mother lol.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

So TPTB went from shoving the EJ/Sami/Rafe show down our throats everyday and replaced them with Dannifer.....IMO things just went from bad to worse. I have to admit, you need to be careful what you wish for around here because I thought there would never come a day ..when I would love to revert back to talkings about Sami's 'Vagina', rather than talk about glorious Dan and immortal Jen.

I don't think Rafe or EJ have ever been pimped as much as Daniel. Safe and Ejami's relationships and and lead up to their said relationships were 100x more believable and written with more thought and consideration over a decent length period of time, that makes either relationship far more 'classic' and far better than this contrived Dannifer crap.

lysie
Member Avatar

Eh. I'd rather talk about Sami's vagina, but I'd rather watch dannifer.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

SocRMum1
It would certainly be interesting and save a lot of time. :popcorn:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply