Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: December Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 10:03 PM (10,169 Views)
Queen B
Member Avatar

LOL ya'll are killing me with all the Navery jokes
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 10 2012, 04:15 PM
I'm stealing this from someone, but Nick needs to spend like time trying to get his souffle to rise in Ms. Easy Bake Oven and focus on his kids. Just sayin'.
I agree.. Noah needs to stop being Faiths full time baby sitter and Nick needs to spend some time with her. He is never with her yet he criticized Sharon for never being with Faith. Nick is a part time father just like Sharon was a part time mother. Nick feeds and clothes her but that is about it. He is too busy chasing after Pussay
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Dec 10 2012, 04:06 PM
LMFAO! @ (CC) And Summer wants to be more like Aunt CC as well, now isn't that special. :blulaugh:

I saw a preview of Neil ripping Devon,Lily and Leslie I'm assuming they went with the dress down without his consistent.
oh hell you KNOW they did and you KNOW he ain't happy.
Evidently, he fancies himself as some sort of Victor Newman! lol
Online Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I've come to the conclusion that this whole bipolar story is designed by the writers to get the characters AND viewers to gain sympathy for Sharon again for those who have grown to really dislike her but I had sympathy for her during the Newman takeover bullshit, and even Victor's "funeral". I just really hope this story will work.. I know a lot of people will be thinking the writers just pulled this out of their asses as a quick way to redeem the character but if Sharon Case can pull off what the writers can't then I think it will work. I have confidence it will
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

There are no words to describe how much I don't care about the Adam/Chelsea/Sharon crap or how over I am of Summer stomping into scenes to bitch and moan about how much her life sucks.

Overall, I'm just very bored with the show and hanging on by a thread (and I've only been back to watching it for a couple months). The only things holding my interest are the Nick/Avery romance and Jack's recovery struggle/takeover of Newman (which hasn't provided near as much drama or intrigue as I had expected it to). I think I've realized part of my boredom comes from the fact that I don't like or care about most of the characters currently on the show, and it doesn't help that it seems that it's about the same 7 characters featured in every episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Jack's story has been intriguing me as well and Phyllis being in the mix makes it even more watchable for me because I do like them together.

I actually really enjoy the actress playing Summer, I'm really glad there's some talented young people on the canvas now including the actor playing Noah who I feel is MUCH MUCH better then that little blonde twit playing him before.

To me, I feel like Navery/Shadam/Chadam are the weakest stories on the show right now and its even worse because these are the front burner stories. I need Adam out of Sharon's orbit so they can focus on her mental illness without Adam, and I need for JG to stop with the Navery propping. I like Jessica Collins very much but she has absolutely not chemistry with Joshua Morrow
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I am super super excited for tomorrow, I saw the preview of Jack passed out in his car with a bottle of pills in his hand and it has me really excited. This is one of the few stories JG is doing REALLY well IMO. There is something really sad but at the same time interesting about Jack being addicted to pain killers and I think JG is hitting all the right beats on this one, something MAB could have never done
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

The only things holding my interest are the Nick/Avery romance

IMO, that sh*t is the true sleeping pill of the show. Zero chemistry between the two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

That and I find Avery to be f*cking annoying. All that b*tch does is bake cookies, smiles, and acts wonderful. She is the less stoical version of the Bug. Miss Perfect with no flaws. She's a future Stepford Wife with a law degree. How can any viewer relate to Avery?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Anyone else get a chance to watch the Hollywood Christmas Parade? Stars donating money and gifts for Toys for Tots. They had a Bold and Beautiful car with their stars. They had a Young and the Restless car too. Tracey Bregmann, Christian LeBlanc, Michelle Stafford and Jessica Collins.
Usually don't watch holiday parades but that was good. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I'm going to ignore the bullshit that is Navery & Shadam and try to enjoy Jack/Phyllis because I think that's the only thing JG is doing right and I'm really excited for Jack's story to start heating up tomorrow
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

LPS
Dec 10 2012, 11:00 PM
That and I find Avery to be f*cking annoying. All that b*tch does is bake cookies, smiles, and acts wonderful. She is the less stoical version of the Bug. Miss Perfect with no flaws. She's a future Stepford Wife with a law degree. How can any viewer relate to Avery?
Because she's made a point of telling Nick numerous times that she's not perfect.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

That's because they wanna write Avery as this cute and modest little heroine but I still think she's boring. The dialogue is cheesy as fuck and it feels like JM isn't interested in this pairing at all, he just seems lazy when he's in scenes with her. I'm happy for Jessica Collins because id obviously rather see her be written as the new heroine than Phyllis but I still think its too much material too soon, the viewers were never crazy about Avery in the first place and now shes getting as much screen time as the vets
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I think Nick is calmer with Avery. He doesn't have to pull his hair out like he did with the other 2. He'll be getting some hair pulling time again soon though. But he should be bringing Faith with him when he goes over to Betty Crocker's. Summer's Mommy and Noah is Daddy. Not a good way to grow up.Faith has have enough issues as it is. If she's not in school she's sleeping.
Come on Nick, bundle her up and take her to Avery's. She can teach Faith how to decorate cupcakes. I think she'd be good with Faith.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 10 2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:

The only things holding my interest are the Nick/Avery romance

IMO, that sh*t is the true sleeping pill of the show. Zero chemistry between the two.
oh I think they have a ton of chemistry, I like them better together than I ever did sharon or phyliss with nick.
So far, Avery is a no drama, and that's a relief for a change from miss crazypants and spazzcase.
Online Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 10 2012, 11:00 PM
I can, I bake and cook all the time, and love it, and I can find no reason to have a bunch of drama in my life, I am not alone in that either.
I can relate more to her, than I can to getting locked up in psycho wards or the Newman wing of the jail, getting kidnapped or any of the other outlandish things that happen on this show.
Online Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 11 2012, 09:11 AM
That's because they wanna write Avery as this cute and modest little heroine but I still think she's boring. The dialogue is cheesy as fuck and it feels like JM isn't interested in this pairing at all, he just seems lazy when he's in scenes with her. I'm happy for Jessica Collins because id obviously rather see her be written as the new heroine than Phyllis but I still think its too much material too soon, the viewers were never crazy about Avery in the first place and now shes getting as much screen time as the vets
Some people and many people loved Avery from the first day she set foot on the set. She is beautiful, a great actress but being given the wrong type of stories. She is a great asset to the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Avery is definitely the better and more stable of the Summers sisters, that's for sure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Look at Nikki with them boots. You can take the girl out of the club, but...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

I don't care for Navery but I'll take them over the triangle from hell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic