Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: December Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 30 2012, 10:03 PM (10,308 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Dec 11 2012, 10:13 AM
LPS
Dec 10 2012, 11:00 PM
That and I find Avery to be f*cking annoying. All that b*tch does is bake cookies, smiles, and acts wonderful. She is the less stoical version of the Bug. Miss Perfect with no flaws. She's a future Stepford Wife with a law degree. How can any viewer relate to Avery?
I can, I bake and cook all the time, and love it, and I can find no reason to have a bunch of drama in my life, I am not alone in that either.
I can relate more to her, than I can to getting locked up in psycho wards or the Newman wing of the jail, getting kidnapped or any of the other outlandish things that happen on this show.
Do you also have a law degree? She is a size 2. She looks like Barbie and is a stereotypical male fantasy of a perfect woman.

No faults, flaws, or anything. She's pointless. How is she any different than the Bug? B*tch can go fart butterflies somewhere else.
Edited by LPS, Dec 11 2012, 02:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 11 2012, 02:24 PM
Sammie Jo
LPS
That and I find Avery to be f*cking annoying. All that b*tch does is bake cookies, smiles, and acts wonderful. She is the less stoical version of the Bug. Miss Perfect with no flaws. She's a future Stepford Wife with a law degree. How can any viewer relate to Avery?
I can, I bake and cook all the time, and love it, and I can find no reason to have a bunch of drama in my life, I am not alone in that either.
I can relate more to her, than I can to getting locked up in psycho wards or the Newman wing of the jail, getting kidnapped or any of the other outlandish things that happen on this show.
Do you also have a law degree? She is a size 2. She looks like Barbie and is a stereotypical male fantasy of a perfect woman.

No faults, flaws, or anything. She's pointless. How is she any different than the Bug? B*tch can go fart butterflies somewhere else.
Well maybe Jessica does look like Barbie but hers is natural so what is the big woop about it? Sharon is a middle aged woman that tries to look like Barbie with that long blonde stringy hair like what is on a Barbie doll and I don't hear you bitching about her looks
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Dec 11 2012, 05:24 PM
LPS
Sammie Jo
LPS

Well maybe Jessica does look like Barbie but hers is natural so what is the big woop about it? Sharon is a middle aged woman that tries to look like Barbie with that long blonde stringy hair like what is on a Barbie doll and I don't hear you bitching about her looks
How do you know her hair is natural? LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Victoria is a spoiled little bitch! All her father has ever asked of her and Nick is to help support him with the company he built for them and they couldn't possibly bring themselves to do so because of their own selfish reasons. I think its crazy that none of these bratty Newman's are willing to cut Victor some slack and help their own father out, he did almost just die after all and lets not forget Billy hid the fact that he was in L.A suffering from amnesia and yet Victoria loves Billy's cock so much she's willing to forgive him in a heartbeat .
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Victoria owes her father nothing. HE has thrown her to the wolves so many times it is unbelievable. He has done nothing but try to ruin Victoria and Billy's marriage. Even going as far as to have her arrested during her wedding to Billy. What should she do kiss his ass or his ring again and dump a husband that loves her enough that he would die for her? Every woman needs a man as devoted to Victoria as Billy is and should kiss his cock every day if she was lucky to find a man that loved her that much. .

Besides that, when Victor built that company he built it for himself and no one else. There was no one in his life or his future at that time so How the hell did he know there would be a family in his life back then?
Edited by HotPepper, Dec 11 2012, 05:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Dec 11 2012, 05:46 PM
Victoria owes her father nothing. HE has thrown her to the wolves so many times it is unbelievable. He has done nothing but try to ruin Victoria and Billy's marriage. Even going as far as to have her arrested during her wedding to Billy. What should she do kiss his ass or his ring again and dump a husband that loves her enough that he would die for her? Every woman needs a man as devoted to Victoria as Billy is and should kiss his cock every day if she was lucky to find a man that loved her that much. .

Besides that, when Victor built that company he built it for himself and no one else. There was no one in his life or his future at that time so How the hell did he know there would be a family in his life back then?
Billy fucked up his own marriage, not Victor.

Victoria is the dumb bitch who has lowered herself to a scum bag/gambling addict, not Victor.. once again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I was just reading that basically Adam is probably going to divorce Chelsea on Christmas Day. I mean the cruelty of Y&R!!! :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

HA! Well Merry X-mas to Chels best present Adam can give her. Now make that designing career happen so I can have a B&B Rick & Chels crossover are get her onto Noah's circle so they can screw & it pisses my chica Sharon off :D #GoodSoapyShyt plus I just want Robert Adamson NAKED! :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Sammie Jo
LPS

No I don't have a law degree but so what, does that mean people with law degrees can't cook and make a nice home?
I don't think she looks like barbie, just because she's blonde doesn't mean she's barbie, barbie didn't have a law degree.
People have hobbies to relax and unwind, cooking & baking may be her outlet.
Frankly I find her refreshing, I'm sick of all these career super females who have no time for their children or husbands, then they wonder why the kids run amuck and the husbands have affairs. JMO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Dec 11 2012, 07:13 PM
I was just reading that basically Adam is probably going to divorce Chelsea on Christmas Day. I mean the cruelty of Y&R!!! :soapbox:
Well all we can hope is that Adam won't get any pussy from Sharon or Chelsea.

I want Adam the fuck out of Genoa City but we all know that won't happen..
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 11 2012, 07:43 PM
3WishGenie
Dec 11 2012, 07:13 PM
Well all we can hope is that Adam won't get any pussy from Sharon or Chelsea.

I want Adam the fuck out of Genoa City but we all know that won't happen..
I'm sure as soon as he leaves her, he will head straight to Sharon open bed! how :puke: Typical Newman man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Quote:

No I don't have a law degree but so what, does that mean people with law degrees can't cook and make a nice home?
I don't think she looks like barbie, just because she's blonde doesn't mean she's barbie, barbie didn't have a law degree.
Frankly I find her refreshing, I'm sick of all these career super females who have no time for their children or husbands, then they wonder why the kids run amuck and the husbands have affairs. JMO

:rockon: :cheers: (those are Bud Lites, BTW)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Dec 11 2012, 07:36 PM
LPS
Sammie Jo
LPS

Avery went from being a top notch lawyer to being the new Betty Crocker over night. It's just silly
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Quote:

I'm sure as soon as he leaves her, he will head straight to Sharon open bed! how :puke: Typical Newman man.

and I'm sure the bed is hot.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Queen B
Dec 11 2012, 07:57 PM
Sammie Jo
Dec 11 2012, 07:36 PM
LPS
Sammie Jo

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Avery went from being a top notch lawyer to being the new Betty Crocker over night. It's just silly
And just a tad insulting with a dab of sexism.

So many career women who work long hours, also, long to bake in their free time while wearing expensive clothes and high heels. Get real.

Oh and I don't want to hear "attorney's can bake none sense". The character is an insult to women. There is nothing wrong with soaps portraying a woman who enjoys domestic and feminine traits, but this character is almost a 1950s caricature invoking stereotypes of the good housewife.
Edited by LPS, Dec 11 2012, 08:13 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Dec 11 2012, 05:24 PM
LPS
Sammie Jo
LPS

What does SHARON have to do with AVERY? They are completely two separate characters who have nothing to do with one another. Hell, they don't even have a long intertwined history.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

You know....I can think of a lot of reasons to dislike soap characters, but I'd never use a "lack of relatability" as one. You could just as easily apply it to virtually every other soap character in existence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason

LPS
Dec 11 2012, 08:07 PM
The character is an insult to women. There is nothing wrong with soaps portraying a woman who enjoys domestic and feminine traits, but this character is almost a 1950s caricature invoking stereotypes of the good housewife.
Yes, because we saw so many successful female attorneys in the 1950s.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

^Every good soap character has a flaw. That is what makes them enduring. Viewers get hooked into the characters because of their "tragic flaw". We can relate to them and their weaknesses. Further, viewers project themselves onto the character. You have to be able to relate to a character, in order to root for them. Moreover, it is not a simple dichotomy of "relatability" "fantasy".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

"I wanna watch Y&R because Avery is on today and she likes to bake just like I do!"
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic