Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Genoa City's New Sleuth: Uncovering the Truth
Topic Started: Dec 1 2012, 11:42 AM (1,558 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

If New York City detective Alex Chavez wants answers, he's going to get them, according to Ignacio Serricchio, who plays the role beginning Friday, December 7.

"He has very dry humor, is very sarcastic, and is also direct and to the point," Ignacio said. "He wants information and he's going to get it. He reads people, knows when they're lying and enjoys watching them try to make things up."

Daytime fans may remember the Argentina-born Ignacio as General Hospital's Diego. He reports that his mother is thrilled he's not playing a bad guy this time around (at least so far) and that he's excited to be working with Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps again.

"Jill gave me my first big job, really started my career," Ignacio said. When she approached Ignacio about playing Alex, he reacted with, "I would do anything for you!" Ignacio credited Jill's ability to create a fun environment for his enthusiasm. "Jill knows me very well. I'm all about having fun and being creative. There's nothing else that interests me. We understand each other."

Ignacio, who has had guest roles on a number of primetime shows since leaving GH, is happy to be back on daytime. "[Daytime] challenges you; you have to be on your toes. You take notes and apply them immediately. It's the closest thing to theatre in the TV/film world and I love theatre."

Sony
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Daytime
Dec 1 2012, 11:42 AM
If New York City detective Alex Chavez wants answers, he's going to get them, according to Ignacio Serricchio, who plays the role beginning Friday, December 7.

"He has very dry humor, is very sarcastic, and is also direct and to the point," Ignacio said. "He wants information and he's going to get it. He reads people, knows when they're lying and enjoys watching them try to make things up."

Daytime fans may remember the Argentina-born Ignacio as General Hospital's Diego. He reports that his mother is thrilled he's not playing a bad guy this time around (at least so far) and that he's excited to be working with Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps again.

"Jill gave me my first big job, really started my career," Ignacio said. When she approached Ignacio about playing Alex, he reacted with, "I would do anything for you!" Ignacio credited Jill's ability to create a fun environment for his enthusiasm. "Jill knows me very well. I'm all about having fun and being creative. There's nothing else that interests me. We understand each other."

Ignacio, who has had guest roles on a number of primetime shows since leaving GH, is happy to be back on daytime. "[Daytime] challenges you; you have to be on your toes. You take notes and apply them immediately. It's the closest thing to theatre in the TV/film world and I love theatre."

Sony
well, this "sounds" promising.........................we'll see.
Thanks for the info!

LPS
Member Avatar

LOL...so he will be the new Ronan?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 1 2012, 12:15 PM
should we start a pool, who he's going to sleep with first?
Sharon
Phyliss
Chloe (if she dumps Kevin)

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I'm thinking Avery, lol. Then we get to see that possessive caveman look on Nick again.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

what a waste rly. they get rid of jeff to bring another actor so then he'll play ronan 2.0. fuck jill and co.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Dec 1 2012, 12:41 PM
I'm thinking Avery, lol. Then we get to see that possessive caveman look on Nick again.
Nah, I think Avery's got a real case of the hots for Nick, he'll get that look anyway, with either sharon or phyliss. lol

Peridott
Member Avatar

Just like I figured, Latin Ronan. :laugh:
Edited by Peridott, Dec 1 2012, 03:23 PM.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

why is avery still on the show? isn't one summer enough?

cyndabell

Sammie Jo
Dec 1 2012, 12:18 PM
LPS
Dec 1 2012, 12:15 PM
should we start a pool, who he's going to sleep with first?
Sharon
Phyliss
Chloe (if she dumps Kevin)
I vote none of the above, and I REALLY hope he stays away from the first two. Sharon is supposed to be re-uniting with some past love (probably Nick or Adam), while Phyllis will be busy the next few months in Kyle's orbit. As for Chloe, I'm wondering if she hooks up with bad boy Carmine at some point. Sure, he tried to kidnap her but what does that matter? :lol:

LPS
Member Avatar

I would be okay if this new character was for Chloe because it would end this Chlovin sh*t. That's a couple that should have ended a year ago. I was SMDH head when Brent Boyd said he liked writing for Chlovin. Well, the audience hates them.

However, I can see the writers pushing him on Phyllis because she is the babe. *rolleyes*

Peridott
Member Avatar

LPS
Dec 1 2012, 03:43 PM
I would be okay if this new character was for Chloe because it would end this Chlovin sh*t. That's a couple that should have ended a year ago. I was SMDH head when Brent Boyd said he liked writing for Chlovin. Well, the audience hates them.

However, I can see the writers pushing him on Phyllis because she is the babe. *rolleyes*
Hell I doubt he's for Chloe. These new writers seem pro Chlovin unfortunately. I just don't get it at all. The pairing needs to die. I wouldn't doubt Alex/Phyllis being tested.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Peridott
Dec 1 2012, 03:21 PM
Just like I figured, Latin Ronan. :laugh:
you took the words right out of my mouth!!! I was like this sounds like the latin Ronan. Arg... :'( makes me miss Phonan lots.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

First Friend of Jill to Y&R.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Daytime
Dec 1 2012, 11:42 AM

Sony
Damn Shame! They didn't even try and give this character new identity, I sure as hell hope he doesn't play it the same way JB did towards the end.

sonemfan4life

We need a cop in town however Ronan was not the one. JB put no effort into the show and used it as his safety net while he bounced on and off the show which was half the reason Ronan did not work. The other part was having him play Nina and Chance and never address it combined with hooking up with Phyllis.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

^^ All agreeable point's my only beef is the description of this new detective collides with what was already played out by JB.

Peridott
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Dec 1 2012, 11:22 PM
We need a cop in town however Ronan was not the one. JB put no effort into the show and used it as his safety net while he bounced on and off the show which was half the reason Ronan did not work. The other part was having him play Nina and Chance and never address it combined with hooking up with Phyllis.
I liked Ronan up until he got P-whipped but I grew tired of JB leaving for months on end. He had it made with MAB. I can't really blame JFP for choosing not to keep an unstable actor and thanks to MAB's writing, Ronan's main purpose ended up being Phyllis. No relationship with Nina and no relationships with anyone else either. Wasted potential but not a big loss imo.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

well I'm wondering if they're trying this new guy out as a cop and if the fans like him, they'll let him break a big case and then bump him up to DA or if they're going to bring someone else in, because, imo, mikey is not going to stay on the job and I'm thinking that Avery & Nick might go into business together and Victor will hire Mikey back.

Peridott
Member Avatar

I think Alex will just be the new detective and that's all. I don't see him becoming the DA down the line. I don't like Michael being the DA but if he quits, they'll bring in someone new I think. I think Avery is staying put. Nick is opening a club on his own.
Edited by Peridott, Dec 2 2012, 09:32 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply