Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/3; Twitter/FB list , Contact Info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 3 2012, 06:35 AM (14,998 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

cord08
Dec 5 2012, 04:47 PM
Harmony233
Dec 5 2012, 03:56 PM
JDeveraux_91
Dec 5 2012, 03:36 PM
Guinevere
Dec 5 2012, 03:26 PM
Bryan Dattilo @Bryan_Dattilo

Shout out for Lucas. Let's hear it peeps. I need more air time. Let them hear u.

https://twitter.com/Bryan_Dattilo/status/276421166367924224
Oh Bryan, sweetie, you are on the Gary Tomlin list of vets that he considers useless. I wish BD luck in getting Lucas a good storyline but with Tomlin around I doubt he will get anything significant, which sucks for him and his fans.
It doesn't sound too promsing about him being involved in the will baby storyline either.
Which, if true, is really odd considering not only his relationship to Will, but his history regarding Will's parentage.
but don't you see what they have been trying to do since Lucas came back....they've been trying to destroy Will and Lucas' closeness and at first I sort of understood it, he was gone for 2 years, out of his kid's life and Will was going through all these emotions, feelings and he didn't even have him around. So maybe Will felt a bit of abandoned, I get that...but the more time passes the more they make him the angst in the Wilson story instead of giving him something else to do. The ONLY thing he had going was his love for his son and Will's loyalty to him...now they don't even have that.....Will pretty much dismissed his father and cared more about Sami running off with Ej than how his dad would react. He cares more about Rafe and Sami's relationship that his own parents.
Online Profile Goto Top

cord08

LuvingLumi
Dec 5 2012, 05:00 PM
cord08
Dec 5 2012, 04:47 PM
Harmony233
Dec 5 2012, 03:56 PM
JDeveraux_91
Dec 5 2012, 03:36 PM
It doesn't sound too promsing about him being involved in the will baby storyline either.
Which, if true, is really odd considering not only his relationship to Will, but his history regarding Will's parentage.
but don't you see what they have been trying to do since Lucas came back....they've been trying to destroy Will and Lucas' closeness and at first I sort of understood it, he was gone for 2 years, out of his kid's life and Will was going through all these emotions, feelings and he didn't even have him around. So maybe Will felt a bit of abandoned, I get that...but the more time passes the more they make him the angst in the Wilson story instead of giving him something else to do. The ONLY thing he had going was his love for his son and Will's loyalty to him...now they don't even have that.....Will pretty much dismissed his father and cared more about Sami running off with Ej than how his dad would react. He cares more about Rafe and Sami's relationship that his own parents.
Oh, I know they've created more distance in the relationship. The history and parallels between the two stories seems stupid to ignore, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

I complain about Sonny's lack of airtime in this baby story. Wow, Lucas is Will's father and he can't even get airtime :soapbox: . Sounds like even after the reveal which is probably at the wedding, Lucas has very little role in it. Lucas should be playing a huge role. This is the kind of story that should be giving a big story to lots of other characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

michr544125
Dec 5 2012, 10:56 PM
I complain about Sonny's lack of airtime in this baby story. Wow, Lucas is Will's father and he can't even get airtime :soapbox: . Sounds like even after the reveal which is probably at the wedding, Lucas has very little role in it. Lucas should be playing a huge role. This is the kind of story that should be giving a big story to lots of other characters.
the only characters it's gonna give a big story to are Gabi, Sami, Rafe, & Will. (i think someone already said that) every other character is just support for those 4.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

michr544125
Dec 5 2012, 10:56 PM
yes ecspecially when you think of the parellels of the two stories LUmi were best friends who had a ONS.Gabby/Will are friends who had a ONS together the only differnce is gabby told will the truth about the baby.Sami when the truth came out wanted Austin to still be wills father and gabby apparantly wants nick to raise wills baby.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Dear Bryan,

Let me see, I saw Billie twice this week and Lucas 0 times. That pretty much sums it up.
You were hired under MARDAR's reign... Sorry to say TPTB are nasty bastards and they don't care squat about you. If you're lucky, you'll get a few useless walkon scenes like LR.... until your contract expires.
Sorry, its just not worth the fight anymore.

Sincerely, A fan, almost fan, almost ex-fan.
Edited by Dreamer, Dec 6 2012, 12:21 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

BD is an awesome actor who has been with Days for a long time. It's unfair he's disrespected and unappreciated by the powers that be.
We should do something, have twitter campaigns, write, or email in protest that he's given a story. :toetap:
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 6 2012, 12:03 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^ I would Soapgoddess. I like BD and I feel bad for him. But.....I just can't anymore..TIIC have their own agenda....I'm still reeling over the fact that Bo was booted out and now Hope has become a useless character. Never mind Kayla and Steve off screen divorce, they killed Lexie and don't even get me start with MA..... you all know how I feel about that....
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think they're doing all with Datillo that they're ever going to do. Lucas will be around playing the same role in storylines (y'know, being a little bitchy, in opposition to things) until fewer people like him and they can ditch him again. No campaign would change that. Sweeney or the actor playing Daniel might have the pull to change it, but even that's kinda dubious, imho.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Dec 6 2012, 12:27 AM
^ I would Soapgoddess. I like BD and I feel bad for him. But.....I just can't anymore..TIIC have their own agenda....I'm still reeling over the fact that Bo was booted out and now Hope has become a useless character. Never mind Kayla and Steve off screen divorce, they killed Lexie and don't even get me start with MA..... you all know how I feel about that....
But Renee Jones wanted out, and with Steve and Kayla, keeping them together onscreen doesn't necessarily do the fans any favors, it just puts Kayla in the same position as Hope. I totally get the frustration, but I don't think it's all signs of an agenda by TPTB.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

It's a shame what this show has come to pushing characters that nobody wants to see while characters like Billie Lucas Kate hope Bo are dumped on back burner for fuk sakes get rid of rafe and Daniel!!!!! I ff every scene they r in and r dragging Jenn and Sami and Nicole down with them
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
Dec 5 2012, 04:24 PM
And it's not like his fans haven't been saying that for the last 6 months now....but Tomlin, Corday don't give a crap and it will only change if Tomlin ever leaves....

I was furious that not even a full two months into Lucas' return we got word that Days had the nerve to hire the same people they pretty much fired for almost ruining the show. I knew it would be awful for Bryan/Lucas and those of us that consider ourselves fans of the actor/character. I knew the minute that Lucas was taken out of the story and transplanted by Rafe yet AGAIN that it would be downhill from there. I have no hope for them doing anything. If they don't get rid of him then he'll just live out his contract and then be offered recurring. IF anything is to change the situation is a major shakeup again due to decline of ratings or something similar....the only thing he can't be blamed for is a decline in the ratings due to a storyline he's in....kind of sad that is the only thing I have to look forward to....

It's sort of groundhog day all over again....is it late 2009 again or what? It's just so disgusting that Tomlin can do this and no one except his fans gives a shit. Whatever....
:hug: I know that this is not really good news for you, but Bryan deserves so much better. If I were him, I will start looking at another places, he can really do good on a sitcom.
Offline Profile Goto Top

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

It really makes no sense whats happening with DAYS. I feel like it's almost right, but they make certain choices that keep it from being any good. Characters like Billie (as played by Lisa Rinna) and Lucas have a clear place on the canvas, but they aren't used. I won't rehash the million things Rinna could've done (not to mention all the press she could've gotten the show), but Lucas was always a popular leading man. Considering he's one of few Horton's in that age range he DESERVES a new love interest cast just for him. Why all the focus on newbies like Daniel and nothing for a popular vet? Makes no sense.

And where the hell did Kate go? I don't understand why the new regime put her in the backburner. In many ways it seems like they just rebooted the show back to where it was preMarDar. I also am so sick of Nicole and Jennifer on the frontburner. Both are poorly written and at this point should be more supporting characters than leads.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

granolagirl
Dec 6 2012, 12:58 AM
Dreamer
But Renee Jones wanted out, and with Steve and Kayla, keeping them together onscreen doesn't necessarily do the fans any favors, it just puts Kayla in the same position as Hope. I totally get the frustration, but I don't think it's all signs of an agenda by TPTB.
I see your point. But if it's not part of TPTB's agenda then what is it? All the couples have been uncoupled. How good is that? I know RJ wanted out, for whatever reason......leaving Abe a widow, Jen's a widow, Kayla a new divorcee, Hope...semi-so manless... and now Chloe & Philip who were not together when she left... suddenly we have Kate reveal a plot plot that PHLOE are now a part. The pattern is glaring. Giving fans any reason or SL angle to impose all this shit in such a short timeframe is ludicrus this sucks moneyballs. This creates lack of cohesion on a canvas and busts up all family units. All we have left is J&M. Magic... and they rank, like a 0 for me. It doesn't even matter whether these characters are the vets or the newbies. Dan lost melanie. Tuning into DAYS for the last half 2012 has been depressing. 3 deaths, 3 divorces. & 2 that up left family for personal reasons that were related to their SL (Mel & BO). To me that pretty much negates all the reasons I want to tune into my favorite soap. Especially all this instamance...it's just killing me. Oh yeah, plus Nicole's dead baby-- I had to add that.
Edited by Dreamer, Dec 6 2012, 09:49 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Dec 6 2012, 09:30 AM
granolagirl
Dec 6 2012, 12:58 AM
Dreamer
I see your point. But if it's not part of TPTB's agenda then what is it? All the couples have been uncoupled. How good is that? I know RJ wanted out, for whatever reason......leaving Abe a widow, Jen's a widow, Kayla a new divorcee, Hope...semi-so manless... and now Chloe & Philip who were not together when she left... suddenly we have Kate reveal a plot plot that PHLOE are now a part. The pattern is glaring. Giving fans any reason or SL angle to impose all this shit in such a short timeframe is ludicrus this sucks moneyballs. This creates lack of cohesion on a canvas and busts up all family units. All we have left is J&M. Magic... and they rank, like a 0 for me. It doesn't even matter whether these characters are the vets or the newbies. Dan lost melanie....again...carly is gone. Turning into DAYS for the last half 2012 has been depressing. 3 deaths, 3 divorces. & 2 that up left family for personal reasons that were related to their SL (Mel & BO). To me that pretty much negates all the reasons I want to tune into my favorite soap. Especially all this instamance...it's just killing me.
TomSell undoubtedly anticipated all of the complaints about the lack of married couples on this show. That must be why Nick and Gabi are getting married next month. They are replacing all of the old, worn out models with newer ones that have fewer miles on them. Gotta churn the waters to keep things fresh!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Nick and Gabi....getting married, Huh!! I will have to see it to believe it. Nabi getting married doesn't fix all the couple problems on the show... it just causes more of them. Nabi are an instamance! Them getting married is part of a plan to let Gabi keep her baby secret. TomSell would have to have rocks in their head to think that Nabi was a rooting couple on this show. Wilson is one of the only rooting couples right now.... and that SL is slowly tanking. There is such a lack of continuity in their SL...it's getting harder to follow week to week.
Edited by Dreamer, Dec 6 2012, 09:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I don't think the SC (Daniel) has any damn pull, Tomlin is just in love with the guy and keeps trying to make him one of the male leads of Days. I don't think NBC gives a damn about him and they'll just letting Tomlin write the show he wants to write when it comes to characters beyond EJ and Sami. AS is a different matter. Her level rose on Days when she started doing things outside of the show and being recognised by a lot more of the public than just daytime tv. So they think it's in their best interest to showcase her at every turn and that's why some of us feel like we're watching The Sami Brady Show and not The Days of Our Lives.
Online Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

TomSell are just lazy asses that don't care about vet actors/characters because they didn't create their history or write their stories that made them who they are on screen today. Ignorance is the best approach when you don't want to read up or do your homework on what the characters were like and how they were being portrayed. Higley, MarDar, TomSell all have the same approach, dump and rewrite according to their own rules and to hell what the fans think. :frustration:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

^ I think in some cases MarDar wrote characters in character and had some good nods to history. Their stories were just awful.
Online Profile Goto Top

camera shy

I don't understand why after Days fired him the last time Bryan turned to carpentry instead seeking work as a actor. He's an actor, living in LA go out and try your luck. He's a good looking talented guy I'm sure he would have been successful with at least making a good living as a actor. People less talented and less good looking than him fill up our screens every day.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic