Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/3; Twitter/FB list , Contact Info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 3 2012, 06:35 AM (15,139 Views)
annie21

Yeah, it's basically an employee-management issue. I don't have a problem with his tweet myself. I was just pointing out that those who've tried it in the past (on this and other shows) were frowned upon by their bosses. And BD didn't just say he wanted to be on more, he basically called upon his Twitter followers to contact the show. "Let them hear u."

Maybe it will work out.

Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

What's sad is that given they are already filming well into March, his plea has probably followed seeing a breakdown of the stories from end of March til June and obviously nothing for him. I guess that means what we see now is what we're getting for the foreseeable future.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

lysie
Dec 6 2012, 11:32 AM
camera shy
Dec 6 2012, 11:30 AM
I don't understand why after Days fired him the last time Bryan turned to carpentry instead seeking work as a actor. He's an actor, living in LA go out and try your luck. He's a good looking talented guy I'm sure he would have been successful with at least making a good living as a actor. People less talented and less good looking than him fill up our screens every day.
I'm not sure why you think he didn't.
Because he said he turned to carpentry and was even working at Days doing so. He could have been making the rounds, but it seems like he would have booked something. Do you remember seeing him in anything other than Days after he was let go? Does anyone? Just out of curiosity.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

LuvingLumi
Dec 6 2012, 12:52 PM
annie21
Dec 6 2012, 12:22 PM
While I can understand it, BD's shameless plug tweet is a risky move that could backfire. TPTB don't usually like an actor encouraging fans to lobby the show. No doubt he knows this, so it's curious that he would take that risk. Maybe he's seeing that his days are numbered.

He's lucky to still be on the show, because I fully expected him to get the boot from Tomlin along with the others MarDar brought back. He's the only one besides LR and the DHs who survived. I think the DHs are still around because Sony or someone above GT kept them there. As for LR, who knows? Maybe her name recognition outside the show? In any case, even though she was eased out rather than killed off in the Daysaster, the fact remains that Tomlin eventually got rid of her.

But I think Tomlin kept Lucas around for two main reasons: he's in the right age group and he can be trotted out occasionally to prop up the WilSon or the Ejami stories that Tomlin cares about. As others have pointed out, Tomlin will not use the most talented and veteran actors on the show unless he absolutely has to due to contractual obligations or dictates from higher ups. He's supposedly the darling of TPTB because he saves them money so, who knows, maybe Tomlin gets a bonus for using the cheapest actors and keeping others on the backburner. :shrug:

I wish BD well.

Tomlin just doesn't give a crap for the character, he doesn't like the character period, so he shows his bias by not writing for him. It's too much of a coincidence that the same thing that happened at a time when GT was the Co-EP at Days is happening again (virtually identical) now that he's the Co-HW. I don't think that it's a risky move for Bryan to try to get fan support, many actors have done it and it's worked for some. He actually did it a few years back and it actually sort of worked for him.

Oh and he did try to get work in the acting field after he was let go from Days. But as we all know sometimes finding a job doing something you enjoy isn't easy, it's even harder finding an acting gig.
Thank you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

The Deidre Hall Fan Page

Did you love the scenes with Kristen in the hospital!!!???

http://www.facebook.com/DeidreHallFanPage

ETA: she also just posted this along with a picture :)

My pal, Robert Kovacik, NBC news anchor, is doing a human interest story on my holiday soldier cards to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. The crew was in my dressing room today and we're shooting on location tomorrow. I'm very touched that Robert, Mary, his producer, and NBC news are so incredibly supportive.Please join us Tuesday at 10 PM on NBC!! Help us by spreading the word. D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=503096079721475&set=a.203325703031849.48257.200775673286852&type=1
Edited by DocandJohn4ever, Dec 7 2012, 05:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Obviously management does not have a problem with it bc Bryan has sent out tweets like this before. I would think if tptb had a big prob with it, they would have said to him hey knock off those tweets. Since no one knows the mind of tbtp, no one can really say. I'm happy at least Bryan tweets. And he's tweeted some nice things too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 6 2012, 09:30 PM
lysie
camera shy
I don't understand why after Days fired him the last time Bryan turned to carpentry instead seeking work as a actor. He's an actor, living in LA go out and try your luck. He's a good looking talented guy I'm sure he would have been successful with at least making a good living as a actor. People less talented and less good looking than him fill up our screens every day.
Because he said he turned to carpentry and was even working at Days doing so. He could have been making the rounds, but it seems like he would have booked something. Do you remember seeing him in anything other than Days after he was let go? Does anyone? Just out of curiosity.
bryan did not noting acting wise outside of days when he let go on december 2009 he mention on sod on 2010 its really frusthing to go so many auditions and in the end they all say no
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I really wish Dattilo wouldn't tweet things like that. It really makes him look pathetic
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 6 2012, 09:30 PM
lysie
camera shy
No. He didn't do any acting. That doesn't many he didn't try. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Dec 7 2012, 07:32 AM
Obviously management does not have a problem with it bc Bryan has sent out tweets like this before. I would think if tptb had a big prob with it, they would have said to him hey knock off those tweets. Since no one knows the mind of tbtp, no one can really say. I'm happy at least Bryan tweets. And he's tweeted some nice things too.
For all we know, they have told him that. I don't remember anyone on Days blatantly publicly campaigning like that before (besides Mark Hapka, whose plan crashed and burned) Also, these two bold statements are at odds with each other. Obviously it is true that no one who's not directly involved can know either way, but there is a valid reason for someone to speculate that he might be stepping over the line.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lily20

@RealNadiaB: Yes! In Salem, causing trouble today... RT @nela1322: @RealNadiaB are you in Salem today? I heard we Crybaby Horton be seeing Chloe soon. :)

Hopefully the trouble is that chloe is busting up dannifer because I really can't take this shit anymore
Edited by lily20, Dec 7 2012, 05:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

rotflmao. our first filtered tweet!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

i thank my twitter for updating itself at the perfect time so that i was able to catch this:

Posted Image

(they obviously deleted the tweet when they realized.)
Edited by Supergirlx2, Dec 7 2012, 06:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

the proper version:

DaysofourLives: Checkout @ShawnC4real (Dr. Daniel Jonas) in the #HolidaySpirit ! #Days #Dool http://pic.twitter.com/cgC6VkJi
https://twitter.com/DaysofourLives/status/277189246664712195

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

It's all so pink.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

LOL...Pink Glow for sure loves his jewels...;-)))
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

six
Dec 7 2012, 06:23 PM
It's all so pink.
it really should be orange. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alana
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 7 2012, 06:28 PM
six
Dec 7 2012, 06:23 PM
It's all so pink.
it really should be orange. ;)
LOL, I know...pink glow MUST become orange glow! Maybe the mods really are magicians and can use a colour filter to make things right...;-)).
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Is that like a breast cancer awareness thing, with the pink?
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Orange Glow advocating women's breast exams? Lol. Um, no.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic