Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 12/3; Twitter/FB list , Contact Info in first post
Topic Started: Dec 3 2012, 06:35 AM (15,085 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Crybaby HortonampDudley Do-RightDec 8 2012, 07:09 PM

ladyofthelake
Dec 7 2012, 10:37 PM
I love filters. I think filters ought to be a permanent fixture.
That's a very scary thought.

They've overstayed their welcome, IMO, but they're also easy enough to bypass, so... :shrug:
1. I just wanted to quote your post because I wanted to see what the filters would do to your screen name.

2. This made me realize that the filters amuse me way too much. :rockon:
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Dec 8 2012, 07:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but I saw this item from Soap Opera Network on Twitter and thought it qualified as "interesting".

Soap Opera Network■@SoapOperaNetwrk: 2013 Writers Guild Awards Nominations: The Writers Guild of America have announced the nominations for the 2013 ... http://bit.ly/11OJF24

The Writers Guild of America have announced the nominations for the 2013 Writers Guild Awards. In the Daytime Drama category, "Days Of Our Lives," "One Life To Live," and "The Young and The Restless" were nominated. Winners w ill be determined on February 17, 2013.

Days of Our Lives, Written by Lorraine Broderick, Carolyn Culliton, Richard Culliton, Rick Draughon, Christopher Dunn, Lacey Dyer, Janet Iacobuzio, David A. Levinson, Ryan Quan, Dave Ryan, Melissa Salmons, Roger Schroeder, Elizabeth Snyder, Christopher J. Whitesell, Nancy Williams Watt; NBC

Try as I might, I don't see either MarDar or Tomlin listed among the nominees. What's up with that? Are they not WGA members or something? :shrug: Meanwhile, Whitesell and the headwriters for OLTL and Y&R are included.

Interestingly, Lorraine Broderick is listed for both OLTL and for Days. FWIW, I thought the last few weeks for OLTL were amazing writing, so they would get my vote.

Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure the reason Tomlin isn't listed is because he went fi-core during the writers strike in 2008. So I don't think he's a part of the WGA anymore and wouldn't be recognized. Not sure why MarDar aren't listed. Did they go fi-core when they were on PSNS?
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Yep, you're right. I found this article by Xavier Toups on SON from 2008:

February 13, 2008
EXCLUSIVE: Soap Opera Network has learned the names of soap opera writers who declared "Financial Core" status to keep on working during the strike. By going "Fi-Core," these writers can never be members of the WGA again but they continue to pay reduced union dues and the Guild is obligated to continue providing services such [as] health insurance, pension and residuals. Though they can still work on Guild projects, Guild members w ill not be keen to hire them.

Here is the list of "Fi-Core" writers:
"All My Children": James Harmon Brown & Barbara Esensten (returned to work in late December)
"The Bold and The Beautiful": Kay Alden
"Days Of Our Lives:: Hogan Sheffer (went "Fi-Core" in early January), Meg Kelly (went "Fi-Core" in late November), V ictor Gialanella, Mark Christopher Higley
"General Hospital": Garin Wolf (went "Fi-Core" immediately), Michael Conforti
"One Life To Live": Gary Tomlin, Fran Myers, Jeanne Marie Ford, Michelle Poteet Lisanti (all went "Fi-Core" immediately)
"Passions": James E. Reilly, Shawn Morrison, Pete T. Rich (went "Fi-Core" immediately)
"The Young and The Restless": Josh Griffith, Maria Arena Bell, Paula Cwikly (all went "Fi-Core" immediately)
UPDATE: April 18, 2008
The WGA released a letter today naming more writers that I didn't originally have.

The list of writers are:
"The Bold and The Beautiful": Ryan Forest Roman John DiMera Alamain Brady Black F. Smith
"Days Of Our Lives": Dena Higley (went "Fi-Core" just before the strike ended in February)
"Passions": Marlene Clark Poulter, Clem Egan, Darrell Ray Thomas Jr.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2008/02/breaking-news-list-of-financial-core-writers

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 7 2012, 06:17 PM
the proper version:

DaysofourLives: Checkout @ShawnC4real (Dr. Orange Glow Jonas) in the #HolidaySpirit ! #Days #Dool http://pic.twitter.com/cgC6VkJi
https://twitter.com/DaysofourLives/status/277189246664712195

Posted Image
Aww! Shawn looks adorbs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DR filter changing that tweet nearly made me just spit out my wine!
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I just saw this on my timeline - not sure how credible they are...

@ImDopeDays
Oh, and Patrick Muldoon also revealed that they are in talks to maybe bring back Carrie, Austin and the baby. #days
https://twitter.com/ImDopeDays/status/277971078398230530
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Dec 9 2012, 10:40 PM

@ImDopeDays
Oh, and Patrick Muldoon also revealed that they are in talks to maybe bring back Carrie, Austin and the baby. #days
Maybe it's just me, but I sooo don't want Carrie & Austin back in town. Granted the writing staff is doing MUCH better lately, but I have no want, nor need to see Rafe following Carrie + Austin + baby around like a little puppy dog. I for one don't like to see every single freaking man who ever liked Sami, like her sister more. No wonder Sami has a Jan Brady complex. It's all, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

nocturnalblondie

@ImDopeDays
I pulled up that person's profile to see if I could find some sort of context, and I found this...

@ImDopeDays
OMFG - met Patrick Maldoon last night, who was super drunk and informed me that his affair with A bby was FOR REAL off screen! #days
https://twitter.com/ImDopeDays/status/277526771736391680

But I also found a tweet where she speculated that J ennifer might be pregnant. I would think that anyone who has a Twitter account that's focused on Days and presumably uses the Internet regularly would be quite aware of the fact that J ennifer had appendicitis, since it was already spoiled weeks ago...so their credibility is still questionable, I'd say.

And if Patrick Muldoon was really drunk, so is his, obviously.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie

@ImDopeDays
IDK who this is, and they may be completely credible...but the fact that they forgot to mention this when originally mentioning meeting Patrick Muldoon doesn't give me confidence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Why would PM tell some stranger that he slept with KM? Even if he was drunk and it was true that would make him a real prick in my book. He doesn't seem like he would do that.
Edited by MissLola, Dec 9 2012, 10:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Also, it looks like the filters are gone. :cheers: (I can't bring myself to use the pompom emoticon, even for news that's this good. Maybe I'll use it if we get a spoiler about a whole week's worth of love scenes for Will and Sonny....)

I will admit that I laughed at the filters more than once, though, even if I did find them annoying.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Personally, I'd like to see them back. Their story arc with Abby was one of the only successful stories MarDar did. The show didn't start tanking until it ended. I find both characters to be more interesting than the ones in their age group we've gotten stuck with. However, I'd prefer not to get my hopes up, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Well not that I hate Carrie and Austin or anything, but they wouldn't be my first pick return (I think everyone knows who that would be, lol)...
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 9 2012, 10:59 PM
Personally, I'd like to see them back. Their story arc with Abby was one of the only successful stories MarDar did. The show didn't start tanking until it ended. I find both characters to be more interesting than the ones in their age group we've gotten stuck with. However, I'd prefer not to get my hopes up, lol.
I liked the story with Abby, I agree it was the best MarDar did during their tenure, but I doubt they'd go down that road again, which basically makes me think they'd go the Rafe route, with EJ chasing Sami chasing Rafe chasing Carrie, and I just don't think I can go down that road again.

At this point though I'd accept anyone back if the writers can make me believe they have good storyline potential.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

lysie
Dec 9 2012, 10:59 PM
Please bring back the filter names!!! It was so fun! And I agree that the Abigail, Austin, Carrie story was a great storyline under MarDar!
Edited by Ireland98, Dec 9 2012, 11:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I would love to see Austin and Carrie back, and with Muldoon and Clark in the roles. No one else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

DrewHamilton
Dec 10 2012, 12:00 AM
I would love to see Austin and Carrie back, and with Muldoon and Clark in the roles. No one else.
Please NO. Bring back Belle instead.With Philip. I could go for a Belle/Philip/Chloe/Daniel quad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

nocturnalblondie
Dec 9 2012, 11:16 PM
Well not that I hate Carrie and Austin or anything, but they wouldn't be my first pick return (I think everyone knows who that would be, lol)...
Severus Snape? :tounge:

My only problem with Jack is that he's gotten so tedious in the past decade or so (maybe even longer than that). He disappears, returns, and disappears again, with very little happening during his stays, leaving me to wonder, "What was the point?" If the writers could actually give him a substantial story to make a return worthwhile, I'd be happy to see him return (and the PTSD thing could have been that story, but unfortunately, it was not), but otherwise he's just the male version of Billie, IMO. For me, at least, he never really feels like he fits in, and that's a shame because he's such an important part of the show's history. I also can't get invested in his character anymore, because I can never seriously believe that he's actually going to stick around for more than a few months.

As for Carrie and Austin, I wouldn't mind seeing them return, but I have to admit that I'd really like to see a different actor playing Austin (and I'm not talking about Austin Peck -- I'm talking about someone entirely new to the role). I realize, however, that to a lot of people, Patrick Muldoon is Austin, so I can grudgingly accept him in the role -- he's not horrible, but he doesn't really do anything for me, either.

Personally, I'd rather see some of the characters who haven't been seen recently, like Alexander Kiriakis (and/or his brothers), Tony/Andre, Anna, Shawn, Belle, Kim, Bill, Laura, Sarah, Marie, Melissa, Max, Mike, Jeremy, Brandon Walker, Shane, Eugene, Calliope, or even unseen characters like Emily or Autumn or Rebecca. There are plenty of children who could be aged, and plenty of unseen children -- such as the Donovans -- who could return. There are so many characters that Days could utilize, so I see no reason to constantly bring back the same handful of people who were, for whatever reason (right or wrong), already recently written off because they weren't working out.

Anyway, I digress. Hopefully that's not too much of a derail.... :run:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

DrewHamilton
Dec 10 2012, 12:00 AM
What I wouldn't give for a Rafe, Carrie, Austin, Abigail quadrangle :pray:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic