Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R Victor Newman's new penthouse; EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Topic Started: Dec 3 2012, 01:10 PM (2,242 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

I thought it should have been bigger. Heck it should have been the whole floor or a few stories.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Miss Rhi
Dec 3 2012, 07:00 PM
Drew
Dec 3 2012, 06:47 PM
Way too small!
I thought it looked really small too. I loved the video on EW's site though, well the parts with EB and MTS anyway.

The doors for this penthouse looked oddly narrow to me too.

Concerning Billy and Victoria's house I agree it's just plain ugly. I noticed when Billy was rushing out of the house during the kidnapping storyline that he bumped into a side table that's next to the stairs and there was an old fashion rotary phone on it.... :blink:
I enjoyed EB in that video, "Getting used to it" indeed. You know he's thinking this place is a closet.

I could see Billy living here, Phyllis or her sister ... basically someone with a nice paying job but who otherwise does not have money. Billionaire Victor Newman? Hell no.

sonemfan4life

metitle
Dec 3 2012, 02:45 PM
As Melody Thomas Scott said "this is so modern and nice" and I will concur that it is and I love it.
the set design that JFP and Josh Griff has been doing looks great so far. I wonder if they will redesign others.
Maybe JFP and Josh Griff have taken a page from B&B sets and decided to go with more light and less clunky stuff.
It is very B&B ish and I love B&B's sets.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

natdot99
Dec 3 2012, 09:01 PM
I thought it should have been bigger. Heck it should have been the whole floor or a few stories.
So did I, the only thing I found really charming was the piano and the view but those were the only two things that spoke to the characters of Nicole and Victor, that thin streamline furniture is something for a contemporary office or hotel.

kelly777
Member Avatar

lightandday
Dec 3 2012, 01:10 PM
"First, a show of hands: Who wont miss the way-too-compact Newman ranch?

We certainly wont, which is why Victor Newmans new penthouse is a welcome step in the right direction for Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps, as she continues to put her stamp on CBS The Young and the Restless. EW obtained this exclusive sneak peek of Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) and Melody Thomas Scott (the beloved Nikki, who continues to suffer from selective amnesia when it comes to the father of her children) as they first set eyes on their cosmopolitan new home.

Fans will see the set for the first time this Wednesday. If only Miguel was there to give them a tour."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/03/young-and-the-restless-victor-newman/

The Video shows both EB & MTS seeing the new set for the first time.
I didn't understand one damned thing EB said at the end. I repeated it several times. Really, clean out the marshmellows and say it clear! :fp2: :fp2:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Ok it was a bit weird seeing Niktor in a place so modern lol. After how many decades of brown and drab being their style, its going to take me a bit of time to get use to. It is nice though. I can't wait for the housewarming!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The other thing that stuck out for me was the crappy "bar". It reminds me of that little inset table where you find the ice bucket in a Holiday Inn.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Drew
Dec 5 2012, 02:35 AM
The other thing that stuck out for me was the crappy "bar". It reminds me of that little inset table where you find the ice bucket in a Holiday Inn.
:laugh:

kelly777
Member Avatar

lightandday
Dec 4 2012, 12:20 AM
natdot99
Dec 3 2012, 09:01 PM
So did I, the only thing I found really charming was the piano and the view but those were the only two things that spoke to the characters of Nicole and Victor, that thin streamline furniture is something for a contemporary office or hotel.
Sounds like they are squeezing all the sets. Didn't the Abbott mansion, Chandler mansion and B&V's place lose their dining rooms? I guess JFP is putting these folks on a diet or they have to eat standing up??? They have to go to Avery's house or the restaurants if they want to get fed? What I think is funny is the only place that has a bed is the GCAC. So is this like the library where you have to sign up on a sheet for rental of the room if you want to get some lovin on a mattress? Otherwise it's the sofas where anybody could come in particularly at Billy & Victoria's. :makeout: :sex4: :peek: :spank: :serenade: :whip: :makeout: :sex:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Or desks! Victors desk, Neils desk.They might as well keep a sheet in the bottom desk drawer. But then again, some of the women on that show have a mattress strapped to their backs...

natdot99
Member Avatar

Checkers
Dec 5 2012, 02:57 AM
Drew
Nikki is a recovering alcoholic and she drinking champagne, :huh?: :what: :wtf:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

The Chancellor dining room was never a regular fixture, plus it has the grossest walls I've ever seen. No loss.

Have they done away with the Abbot dining room or just not shown it in a while? It's seperated only by an archway to the living room.

Queen B
Member Avatar

natdot99
Dec 5 2012, 10:24 PM
Checkers
Dec 5 2012, 02:57 AM
Drew
Nikki is a recovering alcoholic and she drinking champagne, :huh?: :what: :wtf:
No, actually I specifically heard Nikki say "Oh Victor, you remembered my sparkling cider"

I think these writers are pretty good at remembering these small things, unlike MAB

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Drew
Dec 5 2012, 10:24 PM
The Chancellor dining room was never a regular fixture, plus it has the grossest walls I've ever seen. No loss.

Have they done away with the Abbot dining room or just not shown it in a while? It's seperated only by an archway to the living room.
Drew, I take it Old lady Chancellor dining decor is not your cup of tea?: :laugh:
The Abbott Mansion still have the same decorated Dining area I always thought it looked just like the Chancellor Estate same long shiny cherry wood dinner table and all with that awful powdered blue paint.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

It was so funny when Carmine was serving at the bar. Its so tight, was like he was standing in a shower stall.

natdot99
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Dec 5 2012, 11:20 PM
It was so funny when Carmine was serving at the bar. Its so tight, was like he was standing in a shower stall.
It was noted on another message board that Carmine was hired by Abby to be the bartender at the party.
So when you see Carmine, i guess its an Abby reference???? :wtf: :what: :huh?: :laugh:

kelly777
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Dec 5 2012, 08:25 PM
Or desks! Victors desk, Neils desk.They might as well keep a sheet in the bottom desk drawer. But then again, some of the women on that show have a mattress strapped to their backs...
Kinda like the drawer at the gynecologist's office? "The Equipment Drawer!"

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Drew
what did you expect? they only had a budget of $50! lmao
They need to hire Sabrina Sotos from HGTV to do their sets, she can do a room up for under $1000.
She's also the one who has the show where people show her their dream room and it's a $50,000.00 room and she copies it for $5,000.00 or less.

LPS
Member Avatar

For some reason Victor penthouse looked a little too AMC/ABC-ish for my tastes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply