Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Carolyn Conwell (ex-Mary Williams, Y&R) Passed Away
Topic Started: Dec 3 2012, 10:19 PM (1,783 Views)
NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Fans of Y&R, Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) has passed away. Actor Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) posted this message on his Facebook page:

As some of you might know Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) passed. I attended her funeral yesterday and her two sons and daughter were in attendance. She was the finest actor I have ever known and such a giving soul. Her progeny are fabulous people. A credit to a life well lived. I truly can't say enough about her. I love her and miss her presence. God bless her and her family.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Oh that's sad. I hated her character, but that stinks. I remember she was always baking and mocking the bug :)

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

RIP! I loved Mary during that Isabella storyline back in 2002 and 2003. I remember when she delivered a smack to both Isabella and Michael, she did great in those scenes. Sad news.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

O'Lord :frownie: Such sorrowful news.

My Granny loved her character Mrs. Carolyn Cornwell was a main staple for many years the entire Williams family was important to late William J. Bell's pen it would be shameful if CBS doesn't pay some sort of small homage to her memory.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I wasn't crazy about her character either but, those damn spareribs and sauerkraut showing up almost everywhere she went, always cracked me up. RIP

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

:shame: R.I.P

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I liked her character too! Always giving Christine the side eye...loved it! RIP

Checkers
Member Avatar

I liked her character. Mary Williams was a hoot.

RIP Carolyn.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I like her character. I was hoping she would return to YR. Such very sad news. RIP. :frownie:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Aw, I'll miss Mary. I wish they would've used her more in recent years.

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I wondered why she never showed when Patty was in hospitals and when Ricky was slipping up and Paul's legal troubles. Rarely mentioned the lady. Gotta wonder why Mama Williams didn't like the "bug." Perhaps she knew more about her than we did/do. Mama's pick up on things.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Only1Way
Dec 4 2012, 05:39 PM
I wondered why she never showed when Patty was in hospitals and when Ricky was slipping up and Paul's legal troubles. Rarely mentioned the lady. Gotta wonder why Mama Williams didn't like the "bug." Perhaps she knew more about her than we did/do. Mama's pick up on things.
LOL :laugh: So funny you used the term "Mama" Williams it made me think of this funny clip I enjoyed of Mary Williams, the vidder used Mama's family theme song.

Gone But Not Forgetten!. :rip:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

^LOL I love that clip! I've seen it before, hilarious :D

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Dec 3 2012, 10:19 PM
Fans of Y&R, Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) has passed away. Actor Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) posted this message on his Facebook page:

As some of you might know Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) passed. I attended her funeral yesterday and her two sons and daughter were in attendance. She was the finest actor I have ever known and such a giving soul. Her progeny are fabulous people. A credit to a life well lived. I truly can't say enough about her. I love her and miss her presence. God bless her and her family.
:tears: I totally agree, Doug. . .totally :facepalm: :rip:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply