Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 4 2012, 02:37 PM (7,448 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lysie
Dec 5 2012, 04:36 PM
The dialogue in these Ejami scenes is absolutely terrible. None of it makes a lick of sense. EJ was involved in what? Is Johnny in trouble for drawing a robot lobster? What does the lobster have to do with some girl? It's like they just put a bunch of random sentences together about "business" and kids and they didn't even bother to see if any of the sentences actually went together. And EJ has been Sami's boss for an entire day, and Kristen was her boss for maybe a day and a half. They're talking like Sami had it so hard with the big mean boss Kristen.
Whew. Thought maybe it was me with that text and the robolobster deal. It was awful and nonsensical along with the comment about Johnny only being honest-- he's what 5? I didn't get the point of any of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Dec 5 2012, 04:46 PM
lysie
Dec 5 2012, 04:36 PM
The dialogue in these Ejami scenes is absolutely terrible. None of it makes a lick of sense. EJ was involved in what? Is Johnny in trouble for drawing a robot lobster? What does the lobster have to do with some girl? It's like they just put a bunch of random sentences together about "business" and kids and they didn't even bother to see if any of the sentences actually went together. And EJ has been Sami's boss for an entire day, and Kristen was her boss for maybe a day and a half. They're talking like Sami had it so hard with the big mean boss Kristen.
Whew. Thought maybe it was me with that text and the robolobster deal. It was awful and nonsensical along with the comment about Johnny only being honest-- he's what 5? I didn't get the point of any of it.
The point is that they don't have a real story and are just background characters right now, so they don't have anything real to talk about. I can appreciate that. But at least give them banter that makes sense. I get completely pulled out of scenes when nothing they're saying makes sense, and I think the goal is to have a cutesy moment or whatever.

lysie
Member Avatar

Overall, I liked today too. I'm obviously having a lot of dialogue issues right now. Today was Ejami, but the Dannifer stuff is similar.

One of the things that concerns me about this entire writing regime the most is that they really seem to think they are writing Sami as an adult. They literally just spelled that out in a Safe scene. I mean...if a different actress were handed this material would it come across as more adult? Maybe, but I just don't think so. Similarly, I'm a little concerned about what they're doing with EJ. I like that he's currently not really being underhanded in his attempts to get Sami...but he seems to think he is. That makes me think the writers think he is too. Plus, he looks a little pathetic needing help with this from Kristen. I mean...he's not even really doing anything.

The looks between Marlena and Kristen even when one is in the middle of sexing up the other's stepson continue to be just absolutely amazing. I'm just not clear on Kristen's intentions. Is she actually wanting revenge on John? I could kind of understand why, even though I'd prefer it be between Marlena/Kristen. And maybe it is. I'm just unclear.

The baby stuff is still fine. It's still at it's best when it just involves Gabi and Will, but Sonny and Nick weren't as bad as usual today. Sonny is basically a recurring character now. Which is good, because he's so lame.

Didn't enjoy the scene with Billie today.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, and also..so has Nick just been walking around town with random job offers?

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I really hope this show is not slip-sliding back into Rejami again. Its like they went background (where they belong) and are sneakily making their way back to the front burner. NOOOOOOOOOO!

Although it seems to be Kristin's intention to use Brady against J&M, its unclear to me if she will get swept up in the lust of it all.

I don't like Marlena's hair. It makes her look post-menopausal (which I guess she is, but still - it's Marlena!) And I never commented in yesterday's thread, but Nicole looked so beautiful.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I don't see where Will was manipulated into making this decision. Nick/Gabi gave him plenty of chances to say he will step up and claim this child but he never did. He hum/haw, twiddle this thumbs etc . Gabi point blank ask him today if he was ok with them raising this child as their own and he say yes. So yeah I'm not feeling sorry for him. He made his choices now he has to live with it and deal with it. If he wants to go around for the next couple of weeks/months being pissy and mad he has no one to blame but himself.
Edited by guessgirl, Dec 5 2012, 05:19 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Dec 5 2012, 05:07 PM
I really hope this show is not slip-sliding back into Rejami again. Its like they went background (where they belong) and are sneakily making their way back to the front burner. NOOOOOOOOOO!

Although it seems to be Kristin's intention to use Brady against J&M, its unclear to me if she will get swept up in the lust of it all.

I don't like Marlena's hair. It makes her look post-menopausal (which I guess she is, but still - it's Marlena!) And I never commented in yesterday's thread, but Nicole looked so beautiful.
Really? Cause it's my favorite hairstyle for her.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Dec 5 2012, 06:13 PM
Southofsoap

Yeah, Its all neat and well kept on top and works its way down to dishevelled and unkempt as the eye follows it down (particularly from behind) - it looks like she just gave up.

Maybe it is meant to mirror her state of growing emotional distress? [/reaching]
Edited by Southofsoap, Dec 5 2012, 06:46 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Brady & Kristen - :sex4: = my eyes BLEEDING!!!!!!

lysie
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Dec 5 2012, 06:13 PM
Southofsoap

I know. I like it too.

Will&Sonny

guessgirl
Dec 5 2012, 05:18 PM
I don't see where Will was manipulated into making this decision. Nick/Gabi gave him plenty of chances to say he will step up and claim this child but he never did. He hum/haw, twiddle this thumbs etc . Gabi point blank ask him today if he was ok with them raising this child as their own and he say yes. So yeah I'm not feeling sorry for him. He made his choices now he has to live with it and deal with it. If he wants to go around for the next couple of weeks/months being pissy and mad he has no one to blame but himself.
We'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess, which is fine. :smile:

To me, Nick and Gabi's dialogue was like this (I'm paraphrasing, just to be clear):

"You can tell the truth if you want to...but you'll lose Sonny!"

"If you tell the truth, what will Sonny think?"

"Are you sure that Sonny will support your decision to raise this baby?"

"You and Sonny just got together. You're finally happy. Do you really want to risk destroying that?"

And so on. And yes, I'm exaggerating the emphasis of certain things to prove a point, but I'm not imagining those lines. Nick and Gabi did say things like that to Will. I can pull actual quotes, but I think that this is probably sufficient.

It was subtle. I'm not claiming otherwise. Everything about Nick is transparently subtle. But it was there. Yes, they gave Will the opportunity to tell the truth (but of course they would -- it's not like he needs their permission to do so; at most, he might want Gabi's approval, but Nick has no say in this matter whatsoever), but in the same breath, they were also playing on his insecurities and, in Gabi's case, assuring Will that letting Nick raise the baby was what she wanted. They knew exactly how to manipulate Will to get him to agree to go along with the plan.

If they had just said, "Here's our idea. Take some time to think about it and get back to us. No pressure," it would have been an entirely different matter, and I would have been able to see why Will had "no one to blame but himself".

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

camera shy
Dec 5 2012, 10:22 AM
I don't know how any man could fall in love with Sami, she's so bitchy and nasty to people.
Some guys would forego the bitchy and nasty and decide based on the hoohaa!
Edited by Dreamer, Dec 5 2012, 08:04 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Kristen and Brady have a theme song! :P Please tell me they will continue to use it each and every time they hit the sheets.... an instrumental version will also suffice, just keep it going. ^_^

I want Eric to loosen up and not be so serious sounding in every conversation. The banter with Rafe was good, but he could have smiled that gorgeous smile a bit more or added some laughter - same with the Will encounter and football teasing. He still seems stiff to me. I get he's trying to be all priest like, but it shouldn't equal dull.

I didn't get Sami and Ej's Johnny's picture dialogue at all, but then I don't get Sami's overly joyous demeanor toward working with Ej either. :rolleyes: Oh wait, I forgot that the slate has miraculously been wiped clean and they are not only the best team in Salem, but the greatest parents too! So glad they will constantly be reminding me of these new facts. :blink: Can the characters shoot a viewer to put them out of their misery?

Will, Will, Will :shame:

Marlena taking the time to check her phone while getting an eyeful :laugh: How stupid was that?! I just laughed and laughed.

Rafe - step up dude. If you need her, tell her already.

God I love Victor! Where have you been hiding?! We need daily doses of that sharp tongue.

AFaithL

I agree about Eric loosening up. Just because he's a priest doesn't mean he has to be so stiff and serious all the time.

Every time Sami bitches about Nicole, I want to slap her. Sami has no problem with forgiving EJ, who raped her, tried to poison her kids against her, and put a "fake" Rafe in her bed, but Nicole is completely untrustworthy and someone to keep an eye on? Shut up, Sami.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 5 2012, 07:23 PM
guessgirl
Dec 5 2012, 05:18 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess, which is fine. :smile:

To me, Nick and Gabi's dialogue was like this (I'm paraphrasing, just to be clear):

"You can tell the truth if you want to...but you'll lose Sonny!"

"If you tell the truth, what will Sonny think?"

"Are you sure that Sonny will support your decision to raise this baby?"

"You and Sonny just got together. You're finally happy. Do you really want to risk destroying that?"

And so on. And yes, I'm exaggerating the emphasis of certain things to prove a point, but I'm not imagining those lines. Nick and Gabi did say things like that to Will. I can pull actual quotes, but I think that this is probably sufficient.

It was subtle. I'm not claiming otherwise. Everything about Nick is transparently subtle. But it was there. Yes, they gave Will the opportunity to tell the truth (but of course they would -- it's not like he needs their permission to do so; at most, he might want Gabi's approval, but Nick has no say in this matter whatsoever), but in the same breath, they were also playing on his insecurities and, in Gabi's case, assuring Will that letting Nick raise the baby was what she wanted. They knew exactly how to manipulate Will to get him to agree to go along with the plan.

If they had just said, "Here's our idea. Take some time to think about it and get back to us. No pressure," it would have been an entirely different matter, and I would have been able to see why Will had "no one to blame but himself".
Let's not forget how Gabi used the fact that Will was a pawn and shuffled back between the Lucas and Sami camps when he was little. Will did not like growing up in a broken home - and Gabi used that as well. I think there was shades of Solomon and the baby there. Nick and Gabi were thinking of themselves, Will made his decision based on what he thinks will be best for the baby - not being torn apart by two families. He's wrong, but his motives were clearly not about what he wanted.

Also, Gabi was very subtle, but she made it clear she thought Nick would leave her if Will didn't agree, and that would be somehow on Will for some reason.
Edited by Honeybees, Dec 5 2012, 09:23 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I didn't think it was subtle at all. Will even called them out on it.

concerned
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Dec 5 2012, 08:43 PM
Kristen and Brady have a theme song! :P Please tell me they will continue to use it each and every time they hit the sheets.... an instrumental version will also suffice, just keep it going. ^_^

I want Eric to loosen up and not be so serious sounding in every conversation. The banter with Rafe was good, but he could have smiled that gorgeous smile a bit more or added some laughter - same with the Will encounter and football teasing. He still seems stiff to me. I get he's trying to be all priest like, but it shouldn't equal dull.

I didn't get Sami and Ej's Johnny's picture dialogue at all, but then I don't get Sami's overly joyous demeanor toward working with Ej either. :rolleyes: Oh wait, I forgot that the slate has miraculously been wiped clean and they are not only the best team in Salem, but the greatest parents too! So glad they will constantly be reminding me of these new facts. :blink: Can the characters shoot a viewer to put them out of their misery?

Will, Will, Will :shame:

Marlena taking the time to check her phone while getting an eyeful :laugh: How stupid was that?! I just laughed and laughed.

Rafe - step up dude. If you need her, tell her already.

God I love Victor! Where have you been hiding?! We need daily doses of that sharp tongue.

They are only the greatest parents until she needs to suck up to Rafe for something and then he'll be a dangerous psycho nutjob again/

AFaithL

Victor was hilarious today with Brady. I loved his snark.

michr544125

Gabi, don't seem so torn up over Will giving up full parental rights to you and Nick :censored: .

But I can't feel completely sorry for Will either. I feel for him, yet I don't. He had plenty of opportunities and still does to claim what is rightfully his. I can't believe I am saying this but I kind of miss the Will that had a backbone when he was with EJ. That Will would never let Nick and Gabi get into his head. He is letting those two twirps convince him that Sonny will leave him and the baby will have a better life without him in the child's life.

Oh Sonny, if you only knew what a fool they are making of you right now.

The Will and Sonny scenes were kind of weird. It was two very short scenes. Nice to hear them say they love each other but "man' and "dude". That is now how they should be referring to each other. Ever since the love scene which was very passionate, the Wilson scenes have been written like they are friends vs. in a serious relationship.
Edited by michr544125, Dec 5 2012, 11:42 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Tammy
Dec 5 2012, 06:51 PM
Brady & Kristen - :sex4: = my eyes BLEEDING!!!!!!
Apparently sexing Brady is a part of Kristen's scheme. It's so wrong she's using Brady. I hope the scheme backfires and she ends up being whip-appealled
by him, he finds out what she's up to and does a 180 degree turn on her. Brady is a force to be reckoned with when he's angry. Kristen needs to also learn
a lesson, that she can't get by using people as a tool.
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 5 2012, 11:46 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply