Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John crashes Brady & Kristen's love nest; Airs week of December 10th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:16 PM (5,515 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about John, Brady and Kristen.

Brady buys Kristen a bracelet as a gift. He writes a love note with it.

Victor later sees Brady and Kristen talking and picks up on what's going on. He tells Brady to stay away from Kristen. Victor then asks John to come to the mansion, and he tells John that Kristen is as crafty as Stefano and that Brady needs to be careful. John then sees Brady's gift prepared for Kristen.

Brady goes to the Salem Inn, where he and Kristen again have sex. Afterwards, they are getting dressed when John knocks on the door. Brady decides to hide within the hotel room. Eric Martsolf says this is difficult for Brady since he's the type to want to announce his feelings.

Kristen lets John into the room but helps Brady stay hidden.

John gives Kristen the gift that he found that Brady had prepared for her. He also thanks her for not calling the police about Marlena's break-in. When John leaves, Brady takes the gift and presents it to Kristen. Eileen Davidson says that Kristen is falling for Brady, though she doesn't want to...

Check out the latest Digest for details!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

andromeda

Eww. There is no redeeming Kristen; not even by making her really fall for Brady. Thanks, Ellie.
Edited by andromeda, Dec 6 2012, 02:24 PM.

AFaithL

Victor is right.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Lol. I can't believe they refered to it as a love nest.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Ugh, I don't want Kristen to fall for Brady. I just want her to mess with his head a little. Is that too much to ask? :shrug:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

so John went to Kristen's to give her the gift Brady bought for her?!

how predictable that Kristen ends up falling for Brady after only initially sleeping with him to try to make John jealous.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Why is John giving her the gift from Brady?

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I really don't want their relationship to get too sappy too quickly. That could become unbearable. Brady always thinks he loves the women he's with after being with them for about five minutes. I don't want to start seeing the profusions of love that we saw with Bradison. A realization on Kristen's part that her feelings are a bit deeper than she anticipated is fine, but Brady giving her gifts already is too much. You don't give someone special gifts just because you've had great sex a few times. Get a grip, Brady. Glad Victor is wise to this and John's case of sudden, inexplicable naivety doesn't appear to be contagious.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Dec 6 2012, 02:29 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I'm fine with this scenario (I'd rather see a predictable use someone for sex only to fall for him than watch Kristen chase John for the 1000th time) except it's so freaking fast. I mean even faster than usual fast.

I really think they should have waited after the Marlena break in incident to let Brady and Kristen have a week of the new "Maybe I don't hate you at all" stage to sink before jumping into bed. And I'm sure Kristen herself will be uttering I love you to Brady (and mean it) before Christmas. Sigh.

andromeda

Angie79
Dec 6 2012, 02:27 PM

The writers needed an excuse to get John to Kristen's hotel room for the umpteenth time. Nobody said they were creative or intelligent lol
Edited by andromeda, Dec 6 2012, 02:33 PM.

AFaithL

Spencer Hastings
Dec 6 2012, 02:24 PM
Ugh, I don't want Kristen to fall for Brady. I just want her to mess with his head a little. Is that too much to ask? :shrug:
I hope they don't attempt to make Kristen "good". Kristen ONLY works as a villainess. I want her engaging in nefarious plots like she did in the 90s. That's what made Kristen popular. People loved her as a vixen. They did NOT like her as a goodie-goodie, like the writers are attempting to write Sami now. Kristen should stay evil to be entertaining.

I don't mind Kristen having "feelings" for Brady, as long as she maintains her villainess edge. They can give Brady an edge, too, if they want. Just don't make Kristen "good" and "schmoopy".

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Kristen's feelings for Brady being deeper...too soon, in my opinion.

C'mon, girl, push through. Don't become another one of those Salem women who gets all weak because some guy pays them a little attention!

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into...Kristen falls in love, then Brady finds out she was wicked like Marlena said and dumps her, and then Kristen begs and pleads for forgiveness. That would suck. Brady ain't worth it, imho.

Ellie

Angie79

The article doesn't say exactly but it makes it sound like John saw it and maybe thought Brady forgot to bring it with him or something.

Marlene

Angie79

That line confuses me, too.

Lil
Member Avatar

MOTHERFUCKER!!!! WHY can't this show have any real villains?! I was getting ok with Kristen & Brady and would have been ok (or at least somewhat in character I guess) for Brady to have "feelings" for her, but for her to have any feelings other than maybe lust for him is sooooooooooo fucking LAME!!!

TFP nonetheless!

Jane083

For the life of me I can not get it out if my head that Brady was like 5 years old when Kristen was last on the show. Talk about robbing the cradle. Yuck is the only word I can even think to say.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Well Victor is right.

Ew,Ew,Ew,Ew.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

The Tomsell super-warp-speed writing train continues chugging along lol.

Carly
Member Avatar

I'm not usually a fan of pregnancy storylines, but I'd actually like it if Kristen's ultimate plan was to get pregnant with Brady's baby. Kristen being the mother of John's grandson would forever tie her to John (and, to a lesser extent, to Marlena). And the pregnancy could be used as a good umbrella storyline: Marlena could encourage Brady to sue for full custody of the child. Stefano could want to use the child as leverage against John in one of Stefano's evil schemes. Peter could return to give Kristen emotional support during her pregnancy. Brady could fall off the wagon due to all the stress during Kristen's pregnancy. Susan could even briefly return because she's worried about EJ now that Kristen is back, and Susan could cause some more drama in Kristen's pregnancy.

So, I see a lot of directions for the storyline to go with a Kristen/Brady baby. Really, I'm just hoping that there's more to Kristen's scheme than just the "make John jealous" shenanigans.
Edited by Carly, Dec 6 2012, 03:32 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 6 2012, 02:25 PM
how predictable that Kristen ends up falling for Brady after only initially sleeping with him to try to make John jealous.
That's what I don't like.

I was only okay with Kristen and Brady because I was under the impression that Kristen was using him to get to John and they weren't being built as a legitimate couple, but now she's actually falling for him. Whatever plans she had will fall to the wayside and she'll be turned into to a weepy lovesick mess over a man who isn't worth it a la Nicole Walker. Such a shame.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply