Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jen to Dan: I love you; Airs week of December 10th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM (9,798 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest has an article about Jen and Dan.

Jennifer's appendix bursts and Daniel can't get her to a hospital. So he performs surgery at the Horton Cabin as Nicole "watches in awe".

Then he sees he no longer has hand tremors.

When Jen comes to afterwards, she tells him she loves him and he says he loves her. Nicole overhears.

When he goes back to Salem, Dan has Kayla confirm that his hands are now fit to do surgery again. She runs tests on him and he passes.

In the hospital, Jen tells Dan that she regrets what she said. She doesn't remember what it is she said, but he takes this statement to mean that she regrets having told him she loves him.

But then later, her memories "come flooding back"...

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Ewww :puke: :moon:
Once again who gives a shit :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

:puke: :puke: :puke:
Online Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

man i almost feel asleep reading this lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

:drunk: :headbang: There aren't enough emoticons in the world to express how I feel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Just awful!! :drunk: :shame: I don't care!
Online Profile Goto Top

andromeda

Why does this show insist on this pairing? Does anyone give a shit???
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Jen and Dan have been and will always be an epic fail. This is horrible...Get Nicole away from them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Dan's hand tremors disappear in time for him to save Jen's life - it's a fucking miracle! ;)
this is the stupidest, dumbest, most boring story going.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

andromeda
Dec 6 2012, 02:27 PM
Why does this show insist on this pairing? Does anyone give a shit???
i didn't mind Higley's version of Dannifer. They had their cute moments, and it was a side story.
TomSell's Dannifer is just plain awful! The only reason they stuck the two of them back into each other's orbit was to create problems for Nicole's happiness. And now it's gotten to the point of being ridiculous. there's no romance in this supposed love story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Caylee
Member Avatar

Oh sweet Jesus!

:puke:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The whole hand tremors thing is stupid. It wasn't even mentioned (and appeared to be gone) until recently.

Why repeat the storyline that Daniel and Jennifer already had? He saves her life and then they get closer. Same shit. Throwing Nicole in the mix IS NOT making it interesting.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

Does Ken Corday even know that most of the fans can't stand this pairing?! Is he that idiotic? Yeah, NM! Thanks Ken for making me have to record and then FF through this shit fest!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

If Jen-Jen's appendix bursts, she should be in danger of developing peritonitis, and Dr. Douche's operating might not be enough to save her. And she'd be looking at a lengthy hospital stay, not be out in a few days, hot to trot with her ex.

Don't even get me started on Daniel's miraculous recovery to save the woman he loves this week. :rolleyes:

This story and this couple are made of fail. All you can do is laugh--and wait for it to pass like a 48 hour stomach bug. Unfortunately, it's probably going to last 3 months longer than that.
Online Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Supergirlx2
Dec 6 2012, 02:30 PM
TomSell's Dannifer is just plain awful! The only reason they stuck the two of them back into each other's orbit was to create problems for Nicole's happiness.
I also think there's a bit of an edge to it, a deliberate f--- you to those who aggressively supported another character.

That said- at least it all seems to happen quickly. And, it will make for some fantastic wedding vows when these two crazy kids finally get together. "Daniel, I love you so much that when you performed emergency surgery on me I felt no pain, and I have no scars...as though no surgery was actually done. I trust you with my heart, my appendix, and everything in between."
Edited by px780, Dec 6 2012, 02:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

So Nicole has no discernible positive role in this scenario? She just gets to "watch in awe"? Fantastic. She gets one more reason to marvel at Daniel and either sympathize with/feel guilty about Jennifer or at the very least hate her less because she's watched her nearly die, while no opportunity to meaningfully help and thus change the way some characters regard her? :headbang:
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Romancer66
Dec 6 2012, 02:45 PM
If Jen-Jen's appendix bursts, she should be in danger of developing peritonitis, and Dr. Douche's operating might not be enough to save her. And she'd be looking at a lengthy hospital stay, not be out in a few days, hot to trot with her ex.

Don't even get me started on Daniel's miraculous recovery to save the woman he loves this week. :rolleyes:

This story and this couple are made of fail. All you can do is laugh--and wait for it to pass like a 48 hour stomach bug. Unfortunately, it's probably going to last 3 months longer than that.
No, it's already proven to be terminal. And interminable.

Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Omg it's a Christmas miracle! Dr. Shaky Sluts hands are cured by his love for Jennifer as he saves her life again! Gross.
Online Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

I think the only positive in this article is the lack of quotes from any of the actors trying to justify any of this as some sort of romantic love story or Daniel's miraculous recovery being down to the power of Dannifer's love or something equally ridiculous. At least I assume there were no quotes.

Though I'm sure we should be prepared for Jennifer's endless "he saved my life" routine for another 2 yrs.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

I feel like I've read this spoiler/article before.

And this feels like the thousandth time I've seen an article about how much Jen loves Dan.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic