Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jen to Dan: I love you; Airs week of December 10th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM (9,777 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Dec 7 2012, 08:06 AM
Emergency surgery in the Horton Cabin? So, what does he use, fireplace tools? He must carry his "Mama's L'il Hero Emergency Surgery Kit" with him wherever he goes. ^o)
I figured he finds an old "Operation" game in the attic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Just thought I would check out what Nicole is in awe of as she looks on while the doctor performs an emergency appendectomy. Here's some info from one of those online medical sites.

The appendix is a small, finger-shaped organ that comes out from the first part of the large intestine. It is removed when it becomes swollen (inflamed) or infected. An appendix that has a hole in it (perforated) can leak and infect the entire abdomen area, which can be life threatening.

An appendectomy is done using either:
-- Spinal anesthesia. Medicine is put into your back to make you numb below your waist. You will also get medicine to make you sleepy.
-- General anesthesia. You will be asleep and not feel any pain during the surgery.

The surgeon makes a small cut in the lower right side of your belly area and removes the appendix.

If the appendix broke open or a pocket of infection (abscess) formed, your abdomen will be washed out during surgery. A small tube may be left in the belly area to help drain out fluids or pus.

Why the Procedure is Performed

An appendectomy is done for appendicitis. The condition can be hard to diagnose, especially in children, older people, and women of childbearing age.

Most often, the first symptom is pain around your belly button.
-- The pain may be mild at first, but it becomes sharp and severe.
-- The pain often moves into your right lower abdomen and becomes more focused in this area.

Other symptoms include:
-- Diarrhea or constipation
-- Fever (usually not very high)
-- Nausea and vomiting
-- Reduced appetite

If you have symptoms of appendicitis, seek medical help right away. Do not use heating pads, enemas, laxatives, or other home treatments to try and relieve symptoms.

Your health care provider will examine your abdomen and rectum. Other tests may be done.
-- Blood tests, including a white blood cell count (WBC), may be done to check for infection.
-- When the diagnosis is not clear, the doctor may order a CT scan or ultrasound to make sure the appendix is the cause of the problem.

There are no actual tests to confirm that you have appendicitis. Other illnesses can cause the same or similar symptoms.

Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

^^Yeah, but she's never seen anybody perform the appendectomy with a cheese knife, a child's game piece, and a shop vac. No wonder she's in awe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

This is a test. This is only a test. If this were an actual emergency, you would have been contacted by the emergency broadcasting system. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

I can't wait to hear Rose Blossom say I love you to Orange Glow.

But I do miss Orange Glow.

Orange Glow and Rose Blossom trump Dannifer by a long shot.

Hot and Sexy OMG.

Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald.

Ethan Cambias. Elvis.

Hope Arms of Steel.

Arms of Steel.
Edited by michelle, Dec 7 2012, 11:31 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

esp13
Dec 7 2012, 10:03 AM
^^Yeah, but she's never seen anybody perform the appendectomy with a cheese knife, a child's game piece, and a shop vac. No wonder she's in awe.
That's what LOVE is!

Love means you don't need bullshit like surgical instruments or anesthesia. Nicole is in awe because for the first time in her life she's witnessing its true magical power. As homeboy slices our heroine open and rips the offensive organ from her body, Nicole finally sees Truth. It's beautiful.
Edited by px780, Dec 7 2012, 11:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

px780
Dec 7 2012, 11:26 AM
esp13
Dec 7 2012, 10:03 AM
That's what LOVE is!

Love means you don't need bullshit like surgical instruments or anesthesia. Nicole is in awe because for the first time in her life she's witnessing its true magical power. As homeboy slices our heroine open and rips the offensive organ from her body, Nicole finally sees Truth. It's beautiful.
That's right!! Love doesn't need anything but household items and miraculously cured shaky hands. It's impossible to deny the power that is Dr. Orange Glow and Rose Blossom.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Cool I was avoiding this thread before.

Orange Glow
Daniel
Dr tan
Orange Glow

Aww
Dannifer
Edited by six, Dec 7 2012, 11:33 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

RED ALERT, RED ALERT, I think it just changed J.A.C.K. to Orange Glow.

(maybe it was supposed to)
Edited by michelle, Dec 7 2012, 11:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

My christmas wish is that a bear finds Dr. Dorito and rips his throat out and when Rose Blossom finds his body she dies from a heart attack! I can dream!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ejole Lifer

Just riveting I tell ya
Offline Profile Goto Top

anya
Member Avatar

Testing 1, 2, 3

Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald. Ba-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by anya, Dec 7 2012, 11:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

I'm usually able to ignore nonsensical plots and stories but this is utterly laughable that Hot and Sexy OMG miraculously performed successful surgery on Rose Blossom
Edited by lastDays, Dec 7 2012, 12:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Dr Dorito and Rose Blossom: LMFAO
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

70 thumbs down at the DR...is that another losing record Dannifer has added to their growing lame as fuck trophy case?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Ellie
Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM
This week's Soap Opera Digest has an article about Jack and Hot and Sexy OMG.

Rose Blossom's appendix bursts and Orange Glow can't get her to a hospital. So he performs surgery at the Horton Cabin as Victim of the Year "watches in awe".

Then he sees he no longer has hand tremors.

When Jack comes to afterwards, she tells him she loves him and he says he loves her. Victim of the Year overhears.

When he goes back to Salem, Hot and Sexy OMG has Dr. Sweetness Pub Runner confirm that his hands are now fit to do surgery again. She runs tests on him and he passes.

In the hospital, Jack tells Hot and Sexy OMG that she regrets what she said. She doesn't remember what it is she said, but he takes this statement to mean that she regrets having told him she loves him.

But then later, her memories "come flooding back"...

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Can we get the Virtual Garden of Eden storyline back....THAT is how much this pairing and Orange Glow suck donkey dick.

Seriously...this is the worst SOD story thingy I have EVER read....who the fuck approved this shit?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

delete
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 7 2012, 09:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

OMG just noticed the D.aniel now shows up as Orange Glow...bahaha!

DR I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 7 2012, 09:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Orange Glow
Just checking to see if I missed the filter party. I LOVE filter parties!

Yay! I'm still in!

Orange Glow

Rose Blossom

Nighttime Gina

Crybaby Horton

Kim Kardashian

Eyebrows Magoo

The Diva

Teapot

Friends and Mothers

Arms of Steel

Victim of the Year
Edited by ladyofthelake, Dec 7 2012, 10:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Mitchapalooza
Dec 7 2012, 09:28 PM
OMG just noticed the D.aniel now shows up as Orange Glow...bahaha!

DR I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!
yep... and Dan shows up as "hot and sexy OMG"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Orange Glow and Rose Blossom are the worst couple in the history of daytime drama. They are putrid, annoying, self righteous pricks and the fact that my Victim of the Year has been and Crybaby Horton yet again be thrown under the bus for them disgusts me. I wish Rose Blossom would die at the cabin and Orange Glow's hand tremors never go away. UGH!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic