Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jen to Dan: I love you; Airs week of December 10th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM (9,942 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

Eric83
Dec 8 2012, 02:01 AM
Orange Glow and Rose Blossom are the worst couple in the history of daytime drama. They are putrid, annoying, self righteous pricks and the fact that my Victim of the Year has been and Crybaby Horton yet again be thrown under the bus for them disgusts me. I wish Rose Blossom would die at the cabin and Orange Glow's hand tremors never go away. UGH!
:hail: :hail: :hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Ellie
Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM
This week's Soap Opera Digest has an article about Jack and Hot and Sexy OMG.

Rose Blossom's appendix bursts and Orange Glow can't get her to a hospital. So he performs surgery at the Horton Cabin as Victim of the Year "watches in awe".

Then he sees he no longer has hand tremors.

When Jack comes to afterwards, she tells him she loves him and he says he loves her. Victim of the Year overhears.

When he goes back to Salem, Hot and Sexy OMG has Dr. Sweetness Pub Runner confirm that his hands are now fit to do surgery again. She runs tests on him and he passes.

In the hospital, Jack tells Hot and Sexy OMG that she regrets what she said. She doesn't remember what it is she said, but he takes this statement to mean that she regrets having told him she loves him.

But then later, her memories "come flooding back"...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

72 dislikes and 4 likes. Doing some quick mental math I think that equates to 93%. That SOD poll is looking pretty accurate. :laugh:
Edited by bomber, Dec 8 2012, 03:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

world50

Ya know guys,I've been watching soaps for over 40 yrs and I've seen denials of all kinds from TPTB.......but the character of D.a.n.i.e.l. has got to be the worst I've ever seen on a soap.This is not about the character who does the worst thing .....not at all..........it is about a character who has the morals of an alley cat and ME around him and "ME praises him "for being so GD pure and selfless and pretends to be in the same class as Mother Theresa.And it is getting worst with this ridiculous story which is in our face .I'm surprised TPTB don't have the Disney animation animals gathered around him as he operates on J.e.n.n..As a matter of fact ,maybe he is the new version of T.h.u.m.p.e.r.. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

The only thing worse than the continued proppage of Douchiel as this paragon of all manly virtues is the deterioration of Ms. Horton into a pathetic, desperate, needy shell of her former self. Here's a character who once had spunk, autonomy, agency, and a life that encompassed friends, family, and a career, as well as romance.

Leaving aside for now how she's disrespecting her late husband's memory, their love, and the life they shared by literally pursuing another man minutes after his untimely death, she's pretty much turned her back on everything else that mattered to her for Dr. Whorange. She's dropped her journalism career--a big shame because she was actually good at it--in order to hang around the hospital where Douchiel works and be a glorified pencil pusher, a job she previously had to resign from after she compromised the hospital's reputation. She pays scant attention to her daughter--does she even know Abigail got dumped by her boyfriend?--and no attention at all to her son. Hell, she was ready to abandon them both and go to jail for something she didn't do just to keep Dr. Sleaze from moving to Hawaii with another woman. She only talks to her family and friends when it concerns You-Know-Who--I'm surprised the Random 5-Minute Book Club meeting didn't end up being all about him, somehow.

All her life now revolves around protecting Douchiel, saving Douchiel, helping Douchiel, making sure Douchiel isn't alone . . . even when Douchiel asks her to back off and give him some space! No wonder Anne at the hospital continually rips her a new one--she keeps taking off all this time from work to follow Douchiel around, even stalking him to a damned island, where he's gone to get away from her! Not even acute appendicitis, which ought to have had her flat on her back from the start, can stop her from being with him "for his own good." She's more relentless than Inspector Javert pursuing Jean Valjean!

This degree of slavish devotion isn't normal, healthy, or functional, let alone romantic--and I'm appalled that T&W seem to think it is. Or that it's the rightful due of their Golden Boy to have two formerly strong women losing their spines and their marbles over him. And I have a sinking feeling that Ms. Horton's obsessive behavior is only going to get worse once Douchiel's bodacious ex-wife returns and his ever-roving eye strays to her instead.
Edited by Romancer66, Dec 8 2012, 07:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Arms of Steel and Madison were better than Rose Blossom and Orange Glow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

klements

Eric83
Dec 8 2012, 02:01 AM
Orange Glow and Rose Blossom are the worst couple in the history of daytime drama. They are putrid, annoying, self righteous pricks and the fact that my Victim of the Year has been and Crybaby Horton yet again be thrown under the bus for them disgusts me. I wish Rose Blossom would die at the cabin and Orange Glow's hand tremors never go away. UGH!
Agreed! The only thing these two have in common is the breathy way they speak. When did Rose Blossom become so annoying anyway?! Why oh why did Jack have to be the one to get the boot? She is just AWFUL and irritating.
Edited by klements, Dec 9 2012, 08:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Quote:

Jen to Dan: I love you

Tammy to DAYS: You make me ill!
Offline Profile Goto Top

world50

It WILL GET WORST when Chloe comes back .I hear Parker is D.a.n.'s bio son and he WILL have the hots again for Chloe .J.e.n.n .is going go bonkers when she finds this out .Too bad she doesn't go cuckoo and kill Dumbo The Pervert when he tries to do Chloe.Now THAT is something that would be worth watching. :popcorn:
Edited by world50, Dec 9 2012, 09:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

Utter shitfest
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Jennifer

BOO the filters are gone :(
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 9 2012, 10:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Jennifer will likely go crazy if that's what happens when Chloe returns. Daniel stopped liking Nicole and Jennifer still hated her for wanting Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

jackjenfan
Dec 9 2012, 10:44 PM
Jennifer will likely go crazy if that's what happens when Chloe returns. Daniel stopped liking Nicole and Jennifer still hated her for wanting Daniel.
"Fickle" is Daniel's middle name, so I fully expect him to be sniffing after Chloe again, especially if Parker does turn out to be biologically his. And of course Jen-Jen will go on another shrieky, self-righteous rampage trying to "protect" him from his ex-wife. What alarms me is that she's apparently learned nothing from her conflict with Nicole. You'd think that being accused of causing an unborn baby's death would have made her see just how out of control and obsessive her own behavior was. Instead, she's gone right back to snooping, stalking, meddling, and interfering in the most obnoxious way possible. Her need to insert herself repeatedly into Daniel's business is creeping me out--and I wouldn't be surprised if it started creeping him out too, if it hasn't already. When all's said and done, it could be Chloe who ends up at the foot of a staircase with Jen standing over her--and not by accident this time!
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

I'm thinking that the writers and execs probably do hear the negative feedback and will eventually have Dannifer part ways when Chloe returns. But I think it's likely that, instead of being a stalker, Jennifer will turn into a martyr and step aside so that Daniel can be with his son Parker (sort of like last spring when Daniel dumped her so she could be free to be with Jack and her children). Like last spring, she'll see that Dan still has feelings for his ex-wife and she'll want to make it easy for him. Daniel and Jennifer will have some star-crossed, what-might-have-been, oh-you're-so-wonderful-and-perfect moments and then he'll be freed to be reunited with Chloe -- that is, after he is briefly chastised by Nancy or someone (SC's tweet said that Daniel gets "punished" with a verbal lashing).

Also like last time, there will be no realization from either side that in reality their relationship is superficial and was never about love (imo, the "cute" factor some saw was long ago outweighed by the "creepy obsession" factor, but that's not how either of them sees it, of course). As they part ways, they'll each retain their sainted, martyred, perfect perfection by professing to deny their own feelings and do what's right for others. Never mind that they've spent the last several months ignoring their families, paying scant attention to their jobs, and majorly trampling over other people's feelings in their laser-eyed obsession with each other. That won't be acknowledged.

I would prefer that Jennifer neither be an obsessed stalker (again) nor a martyr. I would prefer that she would wake up and realize that her entire infatuation with Daniel was just that. But no, Tomlin will probably return her to being alone. And this time he will actually let us see her grieve (weep endlessly and sigh with longing) -- not for her deceased husband, but for the dreamy doctor who got away.

Edited by annie21, Dec 9 2012, 11:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

annie21
Dec 9 2012, 11:38 PM
I'm thinking that the writers and execs probably do hear the negative feedback and will eventually have Dannifer part ways when Chloe returns. But I think it's likely that, instead of being a stalker, Jennifer will turn into a martyr and step aside so that Daniel can be with his son Parker (sort of like last spring when Daniel dumped her so she could be free to be with Jack and her children). Like last spring, she'll see that Dan still has feelings for his ex-wife and she'll want to make it easy for him. Daniel and Jennifer will have some star-crossed, what-might-have-been, oh-you're-so-wonderful-and-perfect moments and then he'll be freed to be reunited with Chloe -- that is, after he is briefly chastised by Nancy or someone (SC's tweet said that Daniel gets "punished" with a verbal lashing).

Also like last time, there will be no realization from either side that in reality their relationship is superficial and was never about love (imo, the "cute" factor some saw was long ago outweighed by the "creepy obsession" factor, but that's not how either of them sees it, of course). As they part ways, they'll each retain their sainted, martyred, perfect perfection by professing to deny their own feelings and do what's right for others. Never mind that they've spent the last several months ignoring their families, paying scant attention to their jobs, and majorly trampling over other people's feelings in their laser-eyed obsession with each other. That won't be acknowledged.

I would prefer that Jennifer neither be an obsessed stalker (again) nor a martyr. I would prefer that she would wake up and realize that her entire infatuation with Daniel was just that. But no, Tomlin will probably return her to being alone. And this time he will actually let us see her grieve (weep endlessly and sigh with longing) -- not for her deceased husband, but for the dreamy doctor who got away.

Awful, but entirely too plausible. My preference would be for Daniel to cheat on Jennifer and go toppling off the pedestal she built for him, finally enabling her to see that he's got feet of clay like everyone else and that she idolized some paragon who never really existed except in her own mind. T&W are too besotted with their creation to go there, but a gal can dream.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Sudden idea... I ALMOST... ALMOST... Think they should get together and be happy... for about a day. Then Peter Blake should come back to town, reformed, and sweep her off her feet, #1 To stick it to dan, and #2 to show how superficial her feelings are.

Btw, Random but, does anyone else find it weird that since Kristen has been back we haven't heard the name Blake once? I mean I understand she goes by DiMera now but... wouldn't you think in seeing SOMEONE again, any one person, they would have went, "Kristen Blake?!" and had her reply, "I go by DiMera now." Probably just bad writing. (Huh? On THIS SHOW? NEVER!!) I just find it odd.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Jennifer actually mourning for Jack or dedicating something in his memory would be nice to see, it'd renew my lost faith in the character - not that I'm expecting anything like that from Tomlin's pen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 10 2012, 09:45 PM
Jennifer actually mourning for Jack or dedicating something in his memory would be nice to see, it'd renew my lost faith in the character - not that I'm expecting anything like that from Tomlin's pen.
But she loves Dan "with all her heart". So there's no space left for any Jack love.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

bomber
Dec 10 2012, 10:36 PM
Evan
But she loves Dan "with all her heart". So there's no space left for any Jack love.
... or any Abby love or JJ love apparently. Maybe she's supposed to love them with her spleen since her cardiac organ appears to be fully occupied.

Seriously though, does a grown woman with two kids really say something like that? That line sounds nice when someone is 25, but when they're 45 -- and recently widowed, no less -- it just sounds disingenuous at best.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

annie21
Dec 10 2012, 11:40 PM
bomber
Dec 10 2012, 10:36 PM
Evan
... or any Abby love or JJ love apparently. Maybe she's supposed to love them with her spleen since her cardiac organ appears to be fully occupied.

Seriously though, does a grown woman with two kids really say something like that? That line sounds nice when someone is 25, but when they're 45 -- and recently widowed, no less -- it just sounds disingenuous at best.

Just wait. Her spleen will be the next thing to go.

Jen-Jen's dialogue is so adolescent--the "with all my heart" line is just one of the worst offenders. I can't remember the last time she said anything truly intelligent or insightful--it's all mean-girl huffing and puffing, or lovesick teenage gushing with her these days. She's locked into her role as daytime's oldest ingenue.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic