Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Jen to Dan: I love you; Airs week of December 10th
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM (9,836 Views)
jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I watched Days, I think it was today, for about five minutes. Jennifer was moaning on the sofa at the Horton cabin and Daniel was ordering Nicole to stop the boat thing from leaving. I guess there are no phones or anything to contact the outside world at the cabin. You'd think a super doctor like Danny boy would have to keep a phone with him at all times. I changed the channel after that moment as I have no further desire to see Daniel handle Jennifer's body parts, inside or out. How the writers think Daniel "saving" Jennifer all the time is romantic, I will never understand that. I will always prefer her with Jack. At least with him she had a brain and had a life outside loving "her man". With Daniel she's reduced to a "got a keep a man" to survive type.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lily20

bomber
Dec 10 2012, 10:36 PM
Evan
Dec 10 2012, 09:45 PM
Jennifer actually mourning for Jack or dedicating something in his memory would be nice to see, it'd renew my lost faith in the character - not that I'm expecting anything like that from Tomlin's pen.
But she loves Dan "with all her heart". So there's no space left for any Jack love.
she really said that?...YUCK!

I hope jennifer is written as a crazy obsessed psycho stalker loon when chloe come back.
but no that probably won't happen since tomlin is obsessed with this stupid pairing and will throw chloe under the bus for them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Chloe's only a threat if she gets sick, kid or not.

Ooh- what happens if the kid gets sick? Will that count? Perhaps open a whole new world of joy for Dr. Dan?
Offline Profile Goto Top

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

That's my biggest issue with Jennifer. Well not my biggest but her other issues stem from the fact that her brain has not aged past a certain point. She acts more like a teenager than her daughter. I can suspend my disbelief to a certain point because it's a soap but her behavior is beyond stupid IMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Chelsea
Member Avatar

At this point I wish tptb would just write Dannibore off into the sunset so I don't have to have them in my face whenever I watch the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CarlD2

Ellie
Dec 6 2012, 02:22 PM
This week's Soap Opera Digest has an article about Jen and Dan.

Jennifer's appendix bursts and Daniel can't get her to a hospital. So he performs surgery at the Horton Cabin as Nicole "watches in awe".

Then he sees he no longer has hand tremors.

When Jen comes to afterwards, she tells him she loves him and he says he loves her. Nicole overhears.

When he goes back to Salem, Dan has Kayla confirm that his hands are now fit to do surgery again. She runs tests on him and he passes.

In the hospital, Jen tells Dan that she regrets what she said. She doesn't remember what it is she said, but he takes this statement to mean that she regrets having told him she loves him.

But then later, her memories "come flooding back"...

A long time ago, when I first got Internet access, it didn't take long before I started reading fanfiction on long-gone sites like Geocities.

That fanfiction was never capitalized, usually had the wrong punctuation, was sometimes cut off halfway through, could never remember the character names, and sometimes, had a view of the human anatomy which, quite frankly, scared me.

Today I can say that this fanfiction was better than material crafted by people who have been paid to write for many, many years.

Here's looking at you, 1995.

Suck it, 2012.
Edited by CarlD2, Dec 12 2012, 01:28 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Or, if Marlena becomes an obsessed serial killer again, can her first two victims be bleached hair bimbo Jennifer and Dr I Hump My Female Patients.
If Jack ever did come back from the dead, Jennifer would be frankly so unworthy of him that it'd be beyond ridiculous.
Offline Profile Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Daniels hands may have stopped shaking, but mine couldn't stop pressing the FF button.
Online Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I love my DVR..I can record the show then FF through that shit fest. Thanks Tom Corday for ruining my fucking soap with Tomlin's anal obsession with the most disgusting couple ever to grace the soaps..FUCK DANNIFER!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Jennifer and Frankie again would be preferable to this nonsense.
Having my eyes poked out with a stick would be preferable to having to sit through Jennifer and Dr Idiot Face telling each other how wonderful they are.
The disregard of these writers for the fans of Jack is frankly disgusting - we're meant to forget about one of the greatest supercouples ever in DAYS history, all because Gary Tomlin obviously hates Matt Ashford and wants to erase him and his alter-ego from the record altogether.
And a message for NBC: SC is no substitute for Matthew Ashford, he never will be, in the same way that Galen Garing comes nowhere close to Peter Reckell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

Gary Tomlin can't write worth shit anyways. I do not understand why the fuck Corday hired his ass back for?! Why the hell couldn't the screaming banshee that is Jennifer die, DIE DIE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

The fact that Dannifer have a popularity rating of 4% ought to tell Corday something.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Dec 9 2012, 11:50 PM
Sudden idea... I ALMOST... ALMOST... Think they should get together and be happy... for about a day. Then Peter Blake should come back to town, reformed, and sweep her off her feet, #1 To stick it to dan, and #2 to show how superficial her feelings are.

Btw, Random but, does anyone else find it weird that since Kristen has been back we haven't heard the name Blake once? I mean I understand she goes by DiMera now but... wouldn't you think in seeing SOMEONE again, any one person, they would have went, "Kristen Blake?!" and had her reply, "I go by DiMera now." Probably just bad writing. (Huh? On THIS SHOW? NEVER!!) I just find it odd.
Can't wait to see Jennifer & Kristen see each other again but I doubt
Peter will be brought up wish she would go there lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

There'd be one major obstacle to bringing back Peter Blake(Jason Brooks) - Missy Reeves.
No further explanation needed on that one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic