Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 6 2012, 02:29 PM (7,471 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

annie21
Dec 7 2012, 10:21 AM
I like them, too. And it's true that J a c k n i f e r is growing on me. But whether I type J a c k or J e n n i f e r, I get J a c k i e l. Haven't tried D a n n i f e r yet, lol.

Orange Glow Rose Horton Deveraux is my personal fave
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

LMFAO, OH my GOD!

annie21

LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 10:44 AM
Some of my most memorable time here at DR was when the filters were on in 2011 for a few days. It was HILARIOUS. Remember this? For those that weren't around....try to see who the hell we are talking about, it's not too hard to figure out:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8511345&t=8480247
Those were funny, thanks for sharing. I had several reactions as I read them:

-- fams and message boards resorting to this type of thing wouldn't happen if the writing weren't so abysmal.
-- April 2011 was at the height of dissatisfaction of that writing regime, so people were more than fed up.
-- One month later, that writing regime was out.
-- Surely, the filtering on DR and the decision at Days to fire the writers are directly connected. One can only hope history repeats itself!

Oh, and, filtered or not, the spoilers sounded better back then than the ones we are getting now -- although admittedly some are basically the same ole, same ole.

Edited by annie21, Dec 7 2012, 10:56 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'd love to see us extend this past Orange Glow, Rose Blossom and Daniel. Dannifer posters shouldn't have all the fun!

I never thought I'd say this...but I sort of miss Taylor only because there will be no need for posts about EasyLayTay. :laugh:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Some of my most memorable time here at DR was when the filters were on in 2011 for a few days. It was HILARIOUS. Remember this? For those that weren't around....try to see who the hell we are talking about, it's not too hard to figure out:

I think we should have a moment of silence for "the Magnadoodle" who is no longer with us, but was one of my favorite filters EVER.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi

I think we should have a moment of silence for "the Magnadoodle" who is no longer with us, but was one of my favorite filters EVER.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

^^Or Magnadoodle...that was great too....I still remember the day we got the spoiler about Rose Blossom's heart being taken out and Lysie creating that hysterical post about Melanie's teeth attacking her or something similar....lmfao....I've tried to find that but I have no luck.

esp13
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 10:57 AM
LuvingLumi

Since you posted it twice, it must really mean a lot to you. ;) I do totally agree, however. Magnadoodle was fantastic. My personal fave will always be Esteban.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 10:58 AM
^^Or Magnadoodle...that was great too....I still remember the day we got the spoiler about Rose Blossom's heart being taken out and Lysie creating that hysterical post about Melanie's teeth attacking her or something similar....lmfao....I've tried to find that but I have no luck.
I think that was probably the best post ever on DR. If you find it, give the link.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

esp13
Dec 7 2012, 11:00 AM
SoapGal1
LuvingLumi

Since you posted it twice, it must really mean a lot to you. ;) I do totally agree, however. Magnadoodle was fantastic. My personal fave will always be Esteban.
Esteban was awesomesauce.....

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
SoapGal1
LuvingLumi

I had to be sure you got the magnitude of the Magnadoodle.

Damn iPad.

esp13
Member Avatar

annie21
Dec 7 2012, 10:55 AM
LuvingLumi

Those were funny, thanks for sharing. I had several reactions as I read them:

-- fams and message boards resorting to this type of thing wouldn't happen if the writing weren't so abysmal.
-- April 2011 was at the height of dissatisfaction of that writing regime, so people were more than fed up.
-- One month later, that writing regime was out.
-- Surely, the filtering on DR and the decision at Days to fire the writers are directly connected. One can only hope history repeats itself!

Oh, and, filtered or not, the spoilers sounded better back then than the ones we are getting now -- although admittedly some are basically the same ole, same ole.

April of 2011 wasn't the height of dissatisfaction. That came in the summer, it's just that there was new hope by then. But the filters didn't have anything to do with that. The filters were a reaction to people have the same arguments and posting the same repetative comments in every thread regardless of what the thread was actually about. The filters worked to at least make reading those same comments mildly to hilariously entertaining for the rest of us.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 10:58 AM
I think that was probably the best post ever on DR. If you find it, give the link.
Idk where the original is but six quoted it here. http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8468315&t=234181

I'm glad y'all find it amusing. I still throw random tantrums about that storyline in my head relatively frequently.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

That entire thread is hilarious. Who can forget Alligato going off on Ali Sweeney for 'twatting' about squash!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

This is a test.

I'm really sick of Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald.

I'm missing Esteban .

I wish Ethan Cambias was nekkid more.

Arms of Steel's scenes with Kristen are hot.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

THEY'RE BACK!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

I love the mods here!! :wub:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

YIPEE!

Now what do we call Eric? We have to come up with some plausible filters for the rest....

Nicole
Gabi
Chad
Abby
Will
Nick
Lucas

this can get out of control and fast....lol
Edited by LuvingLumi, Dec 7 2012, 11:24 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Dec 7 2012, 11:22 AM
YIPEE!

Now what do we call Eric? We have to come up with some plausible filters for the rest....

Nicole
Gabi
Chad
Abby
Will
Nick
Lucas

this can get out of control and fast....lol
I'm going with either Father Ralph or just The Thorn Birds :)

I've decided I can trace Ethan Cambias's demise to the day that he got distracted from his attempt to kill Belle by a call from The Diva. Esteban 's son would never let a woman distract him from a true public service like that.

michelle
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 11:21 AM
This is a test.

I'm missing Esteban .

It's like we share a brain.

Are you now shipping ETHANA?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

michelle
Dec 7 2012, 11:33 AM
SoapGal1
Dec 7 2012, 11:21 AM
This is a test.

I'm missing Esteban .

It's like we share a brain.

Are you now shipping ETHANA?
Yep.

Or anything with Thorn Birds.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply